Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who is your favorite member of the X-men and why?

• 124 results
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I love a lot of characters, but if I have to pick one, it would be Colossus since he's the sweetheart of the team! Nightcrawler is a close second!

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mcklayn said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

He was a favorite of mine back in his early days of Gen'X, like '94 or '95. I like that he's basically the school's guidance councilor now; I think it suits him pretty well.

I disagree with the whole councilor thing, mainly because of the End of Gen X he choose to be an X men, take the personal invite from Charlie when none of the others went. He choose to be an X men despite everything else, then after M day and he got rebuilt, he choose to be decibel, choose once again to be a hero. He chooses time and time again despite how he acts, i think he should be active. Love me some Chamber :D

I see your point. And I wouldn't mind seeing him take a more active role at all, but it doesn't really seem like that was ever his style. Just because he decided right away (or even that he's stuck with the decision) to join Xavier's side, doesn't mean he has to be an X-man. Lots of great characters dedicate their lives to Xavier's dream without ever really becoming active X-men.

Pretty much, just like anyone in X-Club. They don't fight on the field (and I'm still totally against Dr. Nemesis in Cable and X-Force), but can still represent the mutant population that believe in peaceful cohabitation. Still, Chamber in a book that isn't Astonishing is always a plus :) Does anyone here actually read Astonishing?

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@tomchu: I was thinking of someone more like Moira or Cecilia, but yeah, the members of X-club work.

I was reading Astonishing, but something I liked about it was that it never used to be part of crossovers, so I've stopped recently.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By tomchu

@oldnightcrawler:

X-termination got to you? I pretty much assumed that was an X-over for tying up loose ends.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomchu said:

@oldnightcrawler:

X-termination got to you? I pretty much assumed that was an X-over for tying up loose ends.

yeah, loose ends from books I wasn't reading anyway, so I dropped it.

stormchild1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By stormchild1997
    No Caption Provided

i guess my favourite x-man would be storm ... shes just awesome plus i dont know if what im going to say is true but i think no one else has her powers just like diffrent aspects .. some either have wind, lightning or water (rain etc) but she has all those and more added to the fact that shes hot as hell !

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormchild1997: I love me some Storm; definitely one of my all-time faves.

No Caption Provided

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@tomchu said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@mcklayn said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

He was a favorite of mine back in his early days of Gen'X, like '94 or '95. I like that he's basically the school's guidance councilor now; I think it suits him pretty well.

I disagree with the whole councilor thing, mainly because of the End of Gen X he choose to be an X men, take the personal invite from Charlie when none of the others went. He choose to be an X men despite everything else, then after M day and he got rebuilt, he choose to be decibel, choose once again to be a hero. He chooses time and time again despite how he acts, i think he should be active. Love me some Chamber :D

I see your point. And I wouldn't mind seeing him take a more active role at all, but it doesn't really seem like that was ever his style. Just because he decided right away (or even that he's stuck with the decision) to join Xavier's side, doesn't mean he has to be an X-man. Lots of great characters dedicate their lives to Xavier's dream without ever really becoming active X-men.

Pretty much, just like anyone in X-Club. They don't fight on the field (and I'm still totally against Dr. Nemesis in Cable and X-Force), but can still represent the mutant population that believe in peaceful cohabitation. Still, Chamber in a book that isn't Astonishing is always a plus :) Does anyone here actually read Astonishing?

Guilty mainly cause im uh still picking it up from the wheldon days, have every issue since then and hate to drop a title that i have so much invested in. But they actually took chamber out of the book which blah

@tomchu said:

@oldnightcrawler:

yeah, loose ends from books I wasn't reading anyway, so I dropped it.

Im hoping that it was not just a way of tieing up loose ends but also a way of introducing characters to a new set of readers (IE the AOA & Xtreme teams to the Astonishing readers) and then using those characters to actually create a better book in teh future (merging all three fan bases into one book and going from there) And the cross over did suck :D

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@mcklayn said:

Im hoping that it was not just a way of tieing up loose ends but also a way of introducing characters to a new set of readers (IE the AOA & Xtreme teams to the Astonishing readers) and then using those characters to actually create a better book in teh future (merging all three fan bases into one book and going from there) And the cross over did suck :D

Yeah, now that the crossover's over, I might pick it up again.

I do enjoy most of the cast, most of the time. I could do with a lot less Wolverine, Warbird, and Kyle, since I don't read this book because of any of them. I dunno.

I do really like Iceman, Cecilia, Gambit, Northstar, and Karma, but I'm never really sure what the point of this book is (since they changed the line-up). It used to be like the main X-men team in a book that you didn't have to read other books to enjoy, but it hasn't seemed like either of those things lately.

I remember, before they announced Wood's X-men relaunch, thinking that if this team had Storm or someone on it, it could feel like the main team pretty easily. But it just seems like all of the star players are being used elsewhere. The only thing that seems to be holding it together is Wolverine, and that just makes it feel like another redundant X-team.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@mcklayn said:

Yeah, now that the crossover's over, I might pick it up again.

I do enjoy most of the cast, most of the time. I could do with a lot less Wolverine, Warbird, and Kyle, since I don't read this book because of any of them. I dunno.

I do really like Iceman, Cecilia, Gambit, Northstar, and Karma, but I'm never really sure what the point of this book is (since they changed the line-up). It used to be like the main X-men team in a book that you didn't have to read other books to enjoy, but it hasn't seemed like either of those things lately.

I remember, before they announced Wood's X-men relaunch, thinking that if this team had Storm or someone on it, it could feel like the main team pretty easily. But it just seems like all of the star players are being used elsewhere. The only thing that seems to be holding it together is Wolverine, and that just makes it feel like another redundant X-team.

Hmm this isn't a prediction but this is what i would LOVE to see and the cast kind of has this vibe in some ways, i would like to see a cast with out any all stars (no wolverine, scott storm cable ect ) alot of the Popular but not idk A list i guess type characters. Gambit, (who used to be and could be again) Iceman, Karma, Cecilia for example, let them be the Official X men team for the School if you want but keep the rest of the big names out of it, make a different field leader (iceman? Gambit?) and add a few others that could grow (chamber was there a few issues, maybe some of the ones from teh cross over? Sage? Dazzler? Prophet?) and let them try to hold down a title on there own, and god please give them a good writer and artist, and i think it could really become something enjoyable. Again you could read it without having to read the rest of the titles, they could represent the school and just do what X men have always done. Maybe a cameo here and there from A heavy Hitter (talking to Wolverine or Storm about a mission, or confronting Cyclops during an attempt to rescue a mutant or something) Give them the major story lines thats not connected to the whole School vs School theme that seems to be brewing, let them fight apocalypse or a brother hood of evil mutants or idk Mister Sinister, give them some A list bad guys and let them establish themselves (again this kind of title id love to see cannonball on :'( Damn them avengers) grow another figurehead for the X men and see what you got, i bet you could really sell to alot of the readers who are disgruntled at all things bendis.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Nightcrawler, when he was still alive *sigh*

To me he was the conscience of the X-Men, plus i really like his powers :)

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm this isn't a prediction but this is what i would LOVE to see and the cast kind of has this vibe in some ways, i would like to see a cast with out any all stars (no wolverine, scott storm cable ect ) alot of the Popular but not idk A list i guess type characters. Gambit, (who used to be and could be again) Iceman, Karma, Cecilia for example, let them be the Official X men team for the School if you want but keep the rest of the big names out of it, make a different field leader (iceman? Gambit?) and add a few others that could grow (chamber was there a few issues, maybe some of the ones from teh cross over? Sage? Dazzler? Prophet?) and let them try to hold down a title on there own, and god please give them a good writer and artist, and i think it could really become something enjoyable. Again you could read it without having to read the rest of the titles, they could represent the school and just do what X men have always done. Maybe a cameo here and there from A heavy Hitter (talking to Wolverine or Storm about a mission, or confronting Cyclops during an attempt to rescue a mutant or something) Give them the major story lines thats not connected to the whole School vs School theme that seems to be brewing, let them fight apocalypse or a brother hood of evil mutants or idk Mister Sinister, give them some A list bad guys and let them establish themselves (again this kind of title id love to see cannonball on :'( Damn them avengers) grow another figurehead for the X men and see what you got, i bet you could really sell to alot of the readers who are disgruntled at all things bendis.

I really like this idea. And I think Cannonball (and/or Moonstar) could round out this team pretty well. They are all great characters, but they need a more distinct leader than Wolverine to really have their own character as a group.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By chasereis

@avenger85: I'll take door number two, Monty. It is the only way. The X-Men have been on borrowed time for a while now.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chasereis:

Well the whole of the Marvel universe is living on borrowed time, and needs a reboot in a hurry IMHO.

Polarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: I'll take door number two, Monty. It is the only way. The X-Men have been on borrowed time for a while now.

Dear god no. Not with the current curators at the House of Ideas.

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Bow down to your new queen xp

No Caption Provided
    Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Professor Xaiver's corpse...

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@polarity: Ok hold up. I never implied that and if I did I genuinely apologize. Allow me to restate. Fire them all. Reboot the MU, have Frank Miller, Kurt Busiek and Jim Shooter as the new heads of state. All new talent pool, ground up.

@avenger85: And here we agree.

@oldnightcrawler: Jesus how many copies of that book do you have DG?

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Polarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Polarity

@polarity: Ok hold up. I never implied that and if I did I genuinely apologize. Allow me to restate. Fire them all. Reboot the MU, have Frank Miller, Kurt Busiek and Jim Shooter as the new heads of state. All new talent pool, ground up.

Well ok good then.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By chasereis

@oldnightcrawler: I don't know I just envision you in a candlelit room with incense burning and a mint 9.98 copy of UXM Annual #11 on small altar. I'm kiddin. Im just picking on you since I know it's one of your favorite books.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oldnightcrawler: I don't know I just envision you in a candlelit room with incense burning and a mint 9.98 copy of UXM Annual #11 on small altar. I'm kiddin. Im just picking on you since I know it's one of your favorite books.

haha! I wish my copy was in such good shape!

also, I have no sense of smell, so the incense is just to hide what's really going on ;)

Jamm313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Cyclops: Leader of the X-Men, Father of Cable, Leader of the Mutant Revolution, and Dated Jean Grey a.k.a The Phoenix nuff said

Avatar image for jeangreyemmafrost
    jeangreyemmafrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

My favorite's Jean Grey/Phoenix...

I like Emma too

No Caption Provided

well...uhhmmm....aside from being powerful....They're both pretty =))))

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.