Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

who has the strongest shield?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll who has the strongest shield? (46 votes)

storm 9%
    iceman 7%
    magik 0%
    magneto 33%
    polaris 17%
    skids 0%
    psylocke 0%
    rachel 7%
    cecilia reyes 0%
    hellion 0%
    cable 0%
    legion 24%
    exodus 4%

in their present or latest state.

didnt include jean.

• 
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

You forgot Armor. I'd imagine at full strength, Legion would have the edge. Maybe Cable if he weren't dealing with the technovirus. Magneto's powers wax and wane so much, there's no telling. Storm has a shield power?

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm picking the Omega we've seen using her shield. has to be Rachel. Legion would be close, but too hard to tell, and Exodus' powers change on whether he's being a legit threat or a jobber.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Legion or Exodus

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can we post scans of characters using their shields?

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's anyone game all have strong shield, but Magneto stands out the most

You forgot Armor. I'd imagine at full strength, Legion would have the edge. Maybe Cable if he weren't dealing with the technovirus. Magneto's powers wax and wane so much, there's no telling. Storm has a shield power?

Yes, She does have a shield she came a air pressure dome that can punch through mountains, and make a lightning field that can protect her from tk.

JCG79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JCG79

Captain America.

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Noctum

Magneto and Polaris obviously... and why Emma Frost is not here?

Can someone post a panel where Storm is using a shield? If not I would say otherwise. Using her lightning to block is not a shield. I had never seen her in a bubble shield. Oh pls people give it up with Storm, because "ya" think she's everything and she's not. To pick Storm I rather pick Emma Frost who her diamond form protect her as a shield.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exodus and Magneto from the OP.

Being powerful doesn't mean they have strong shields if not established on panel (Magik, Cable, Legion, Iceman), but if they did I'd like to see some scans.

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum said:

Magneto and Polaris obviously... and why Emma Frost is not here?

Can someone post a panel where Storm is using a shield? If not I would say otherwise. Using her lightning to block is not a shield. I had never seen her in a bubble shield. Oh pls people give it up with Storm, because "ya" think she's everything and she's not. To pick Storm I rather pick Emma Frost who her diamond form protect her as a shield.

This

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stormused air pressure as a shield to shield her team from falling debris.

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Noctum

@darthphoenix said:

stormused air pressure as a shield to shield her team from falling debris.

That's not a shield. Just like Storm used air pressure under the water (unrealistically). I can guaranteed you bullets can go through her "air shield" because it's not a strong shield. Storm don't do or used Shield. Didn't use it with Magneto or in any other combat. Storm shouldn't be on this list, period.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets see .. Storm used a pressure dome as protection against debris. That's all I got, maybe I missed something. Imho I would say Legion.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Storm's definitely. :)

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum: She also used the same pressure dome to punch through a mountain, and created a Jovian pressure field to contain a small nuke. You think bullets can make it through? She hasn't used pressure as her own personal shield since because it would make her too hard to beat, her low durability is the only way for her to lose.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@noctum: She also used the same pressure dome to punch through a mountain, and created a Jovian pressure field to contain a small nuke. You think bullets can make it through? She hasn't used pressure as her own personal shield since because it would make her too hard to beat, her low durability is the only way for her to lose.

I agree. :)

Imbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Magneto at one time. Currently, I'm not sure.

Avatar image for marlexcabanilla
    marlexcabanilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Legion here, though I definitely understand why Magneto is in the lead.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Rachel and Psylocke once combined their TK and projected a shield over Manhattan to deflect a Shi'ar death ray.

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was the only time using a "pressure dome" it's not the same thing as a shield like Magneto, Polaris, Emma Frost, Iceman, Skids, Hellions and all those who should be here on the list. Storm was never shown using "shield" because she doesn't use them, like... ever. This is not a shield like those I mentioned above.

@imbroken said:

Well, yes, current Magneto STILL use his shield as I've seen in Uncanny X-men #3 and that was yesterday my friend. Magneto always use his shield. This was not a retcon or something to think or believe he doesn't use it. Storm is the one who doesn't and never did.

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post me a link where this is confirmed.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im not sure if magnetic shields can withstand an exploding star/binary

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum:

Well it's not that hard to figure out. She is already immune/resistant to all elemental attacks, and highly resistant to telepathy so giving her a shield would make her neigh unstoppable. Imagine her making a category 5 hurricane and her flying in the middle of it with a pressure dome, almost nothing could touch her. Every time she is beaten it is by a knockout because she can't be overloaded with energy/electrical attacks and they need to keep her alive. If she was a villain they probably would have continued with it. She is still very capable to make a pressure dome.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum said:

This was the only time using a "pressure dome" it's not the same thing as a shield like Magneto, Polaris, Emma Frost, Iceman, Skids, Hellions and all those who should be here on the list. Storm was never shown using "shield" because she doesn't use them, like... ever. This is not a shield like those I mentioned above.

@imbroken said:

Well, yes, current Magneto STILL use his shield as I've seen in Uncanny X-men #3 and that was yesterday my friend. Magneto always use his shield. This was not a retcon or something to think or believe he doesn't use it. Storm is the one who doesn't and never did.

The creator of the thread said: in their present or latest state. Therefore Storm's one time personal pressure dome counts, and she could potentially make it as strong as she did with the Jovian pressure field. It is not the strongest on the list, but deserves to be on here.

Emma's diamond form doesn't count as a shield, or at least doesn't fit with the kinds of shields the rest of these characters can make.

They meant that Magneto at one point had the strongest shield, but might not anymore. Your last point is moot.

Imbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Imbroken

@noctum said:
    @imbroken said:

I never said Magneto didn't use a shield. His powers are still damaged due to the events of AvX.

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Noctum

@imbroken: @shepardoakenprime: Magneto is not the weakest one here. Magneto's powers are not weak anymore or prob you didn't read his solo book. Storm is the weakest one because she doesn't create shield and not even in every fake wiki you'll see this confirmed. She don't belong here, period. Oh pls people Storm don't create shield and that panel it's so old that prob was retconned because no other writer ever depicted Storm creating shield (ever since that old panel and that's not even a shield anyway). Emma Frost's Diamond form IS a shield. Nothing can hurt her while in this form and it's just like a shield. This was depicted in Wolverine and the X-men's film when she use her Diamond form to protect the mutants from the bullets. So, yea, Emma Frost belong here. It's STORM who doesn't.

Imbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum: You seem to have me confused with someone who cares about your obsession with Storm.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum said:

@imbroken: @shepardoakenprime: Magneto is not the weakest one here. Magneto's powers are not weak anymore or prob you didn't read his solo book. Storm is the weakest one because she doesn't create shield and not even in every fake wiki you'll see this confirmed. She don't belong here, period. Oh pls people Storm don't create shield and that panel it's so old that prob was retconned because no other writer ever depicted Storm creating shield (ever since that old panel and that's not even a shield anyway). Emma Frost's Diamond form IS a shield. Nothing can hurt her while in this form and it's just like a shield. This was depicted in Wolverine and the X-men's film when she use her Diamond form to protect the mutants from the bullets. So, yea, Emma Frost belong here. It's STORM who doesn't.

Nobody is saying Magneto is weak. Storm created a pressure dome that counts as a shield period. The panel still counts especially in this thread, notice you are the only one complaining about it. Emma fits more with Colossus yet you are not complaining that he isn't on here, they change forms, they don't generate shields like these characters. When she does things like that she is using her body as a shield to protect others.

FableCounty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or the Vision

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/148326/4913999-0291187228-aveng.jpg

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum said:

Nobody is saying Magneto is weak. Storm created a pressure dome that counts as a shield period. The panel still counts especially in this thread, notice you are the only one complaining about it. Emma fits more with Colossus yet you are not complaining that he isn't on here, they change forms, they don't generate shields like these characters. When she does things like that she is using her body as a shield to protect others.

That doesn't count as a shield, period. The panel doesn't count especially since it was only one time and was not a shield to begin with. Emma doesn't fit more with Colossus because she use her shield to protect herself whereas Colossus uses it for stamina and super strength. So, no, I don't think. That's why Im not complaining and just because they both change forms, doesn't mean they both use it for the same thing. Storm don't create a shield, period. One time in one single panel it's trivial.

@darthphoenix said:

Or the Vision

Nothing can paste through Magneto's shield. He wasn't prepare or expecting for what Vision had in mind and ya didn't post the next panel where Magneto attacked him back. Oh Pls....

And for those of you who keep saying I don't know nothing it's making ya look

No Caption Provided

COOKOO LOL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.