Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which X-Men member from Uncanny should come in WATX?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Which member from Uncanny X-Men (the Extinction Team) would you like to see appear on Wolverine and the X-Men as either a permanent member or a temporary member, provided if something happened to the Extinction team after "Avengers vs. X-Men"  and what kind of stories do you wish to see happen with these characters if they are in "Wolverine and the X-Men?" Would you want:

Namor
    Cyclops
    Emma Frost
    Storm
    Colossus
    Magik
    Danger
    Hope

Or do you think that none of them should be in Wolverine and the X-Men and should stay in Uncanny X-Men, despite what happens after "Avengers vs. X-Men?"

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AgeofHurricane

At this point, none of them really, maybe Colossus so he can check on Kitty but no one from the Extinction Team really needs to appear there. From the Blue Team as a whole though, I'd like Lifeguard to appear during these WATX AVX tie-ins, mainly because she's royal Shi'ar and is rumoured to be Deathbirds daughter (highly unlikely), she'd be an interesting mix.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Personally, I want to see Colossus, Magik, Storm and Emma Frost come and be apart of the staff of the new school since they seemed more likely to fit in with the school atmosphere then at Utopia.  Now I know that Colossus said he couldn't be at the school because he didn't want to hurt the kids with his new powers, but since Wolverine and the X-Men is more like a comedy then a serious drama like Uncanny X-Men is, I'm sure that this matter wouldn't really affect the mood of the story overall. Also, I like to see how Kitty Pryde deals with Magik after what happened with Colossus and see if she still is mad at her for letting Colossus get the Cyttorak powers or will they be friends again.  I also want to see Emma Frost teach school again since she loved teaching and she had to give it up to stay with Cyclops on Utopia.  I also want to see the relationship between Storm and Wolverine come up again if Storm ever goes back to the school.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Kallarkz

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Personally, I want to see Colossus, Magik, Storm and Emma Frost come and be apart of the staff of the new school since they seemed more likely to fit in with the school atmosphere then at Utopia. Now I know that Colossus said he couldn't be at the school because he didn't want to hurt the kids with his new powers, but since Wolverine and the X-Men is more like a light hearted comedy then a serious drama like Uncanny X-Men is, I'm sure that this matter wouldn't really affect the mood of the story overall. Also, I like to see how Kitty Pryde deals with Magik after what happened with Colossus and see if she still is mad at her for letting Colossus get the Cyttorak powers or will they be friends again. I also want to see Emma Frost teach school again since she loved teaching and she had to give it up to stay with Cyclops on Utopia. I also want to see the relationship between Storm and Wolverine come up again if Storm ever goes back to the school.

Colossus' fear of hurting children due to his demonic powers wouldn't be a problem since this is a "light hearted" book....? o.O

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Kallarkz said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Personally, I want to see Colossus, Magik, Storm and Emma Frost come and be apart of the staff of the new school since they seemed more likely to fit in with the school atmosphere then at Utopia. Now I know that Colossus said he couldn't be at the school because he didn't want to hurt the kids with his new powers, but since Wolverine and the X-Men is more like a light hearted comedy then a serious drama like Uncanny X-Men is, I'm sure that this matter wouldn't really affect the mood of the story overall. Also, I like to see how Kitty Pryde deals with Magik after what happened with Colossus and see if she still is mad at her for letting Colossus get the Cyttorak powers or will they be friends again. I also want to see Emma Frost teach school again since she loved teaching and she had to give it up to stay with Cyclops on Utopia. I also want to see the relationship between Storm and Wolverine come up again if Storm ever goes back to the school.

Colossus' fear of hurting children due to his demonic powers wouldn't be a problem since this is a "light hearted" book....? o.O

I guess what I meant was that Wolverine and the X-men has lots of comedy in it that's it's possible that they might make Colossus' new demonic powers into something comedic.
    jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By jubilee042

Emma Frost to become a substitute teacher for Kitty that would be fun esp i she would teach ethics

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jhazzroucher

Storm because she and Wolverine are bestfriends.

Jubilee because she's a good young teacher.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

none.

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By a0040pc

I'm surprised Jubilee didn't go.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By BatteredArmor

None. there better where they are now (in the better book)

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of them; they should stay in Uncanny X-Men.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEGRAAF

Colossus. They should take time to study The Juggernaut now that they have it on their side and someone on the inside to understand and describe it better. He could be used in training

Storm. I feel that she is better suited as a teach and adviser

Emma. I like her but wouldnt mind just seeing her take a step in to the background for a little bit just being a teacher but still being around to help for the fights when needed.

Hope. I would like to see her be brought to the school after all this is over and no longer treated like the Messiah but rather as a normal mutant teen. I would like to see her and Cable adjust to a more normal life

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Blood1991

I would have loved to see Storm, but Aaron butchered her lines in AVX2 sooooo Hope the girl needs to be a kid for a change.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rickbarry

I don't think that any would work in the series as it tends to be more loose and comedic. None of the characters listed above could be written as they have over the past few years in WatX. They're all, with the exception of Storm, damaged goods.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Rickbarry said:

I don't think that any would work in the series as it tends to be more loose and comedic. None of the characters listed above could be written as they have over the past few years in WatX. They're all, with the exception of Storm, damaged goods.

This.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Rickbarry said:

Yeah, I guess at the moment, they wouldn't exactly fit right in WatX, but hopefully that will all change if they decided to change their characters a little bit. It would be nice to see the comedic side of the Uncanny X-Men once in a while.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Rickbarry said:

Yeah, I guess at the moment, they wouldn't exactly fit right in WatX, but hopefully that will all change if they decided to change their characters a little bit. It would be nice to see the comedic side of the Uncanny X-Men once in a while.

That would destroy some of the work done. There is some humor in Uncanny (remember the whole Imperius Sex thing with Namor), but unlike WatX, it's not a focus. Plus WatX is also a great deal more about the kids than anything else.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Rickbarry said:

That would destroy some of the work done. There is some humor in Uncanny (remember the whole Imperius Sex thing with Namor), but unlike WatX, it's not a focus. Plus WatX is also a great deal more about the kids than anything else.

Oh yeah. I like the idea that WatX is trying to focus on the kids since it's rare nowadays that any of the new X-men get any kind of attention.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tomchu

I don't think anyone from the Extinction team REALLY needs to be in WaTX, I don't mind a couple of lesser seen characters from Utopia head over to the school, maybe Dazzler, or move the whole New Mutants to the school or drop by the school time to time, then the New Mutants will

a) be complete again (with Cannonball and Karma, sorry Magik)

b) teach the new generation what they learnt from the older generation, a sign of them growing up.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Rickbarry said:

Oh yeah. I like the idea that WatX is trying to focus on the kids since it's rare nowadays that any of the new X-men get any kind of attention.

As do I, but the two ideals of Uncanny and WatX doesn't mesh well together.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DEGRAAF

k. I know what we are talking about but my mind keeps blanking out when i try to figure out what WatX stands for

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@DEGRAAF said:

k. I know what we are talking about but my mind keeps blanking out when i try to figure out what WatX stands for

Wolverine and the X-Men.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By ReVamp

Storm.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rickbarry

It's a good split. We get more from characters that wouldn't normally get much panel time.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#25  Edited By x_29

@Hysteria: It is explained in X-23 issue 20 that she did not go to the school due to her vampiric urges.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By x_29

Emma Frost. Only because I am curious of how she will be handled with the tone of the book and to be a teacher again.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@x_29 said:

Emma Frost. Only because I am curious of how she will be handled with the tone of the book and to be a teacher again.

That's even if Kitty lets her in a class room. Though I would love to see how Emma handles having Kitty be Headmistress. Catfight ah hoy! xD

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By x_29

@TheGreyOutcastX: Yes, Yes I can smell the amount of awesome comedic potential :)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@x_29 said:

That's even if Kitty lets her in a class room. Though I would love to see how Emma handles having Kitty be Headmistress. Catfight ah hoy! xD

I like to see what happens with that!

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@x_29: Definitely.

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@x_29 said:

I like to see what happens with that!

Yep, it would be worth seeing after remembering Whedon's Astonishing run.

fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By fivestarga

I enjoy Uncanny like no other! I love the roster, and really have no complaints with the book. Now WATXM, I can't really stand. I hate the idea behind the split (schism) which has surely leaked over into WATXM. I like Wolvie as a character just not a leader of a school. The art makes me wanta gag so...no member of Extinction should ever grace those pages.
    Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

If any, I'd say Emma Frost. It's be interesting to see her as a teacher again and having her play the straight man (so to speak) to the craziness of that book might be funny. There's also the "oh no you didn't" factor of her leaving Scott's team. That being said, I wouldn't really move anyone, I think they struck a great balance when dividing up the characters.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By John Valentine

@Rickbarry said:

It's a good split. We get more from characters that wouldn't normally get much panel time.

I agree.

@jhazzroucher said:

Jubilee because she's a good you

ng teacher.

What a fail of a post, seriously. Wolverine and Storm are hardly on good terms at the moment.

Because having a vampire who can't control their blood-lust urges around a school full of children is a sensible idea.

Where were you, Storm? Where were you?!?
    Unfounded Opinion Ororo
    Unfounded Opinion Ororo
    TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@John Valentine said:

@Rickbarry said:

I agree.

@jhazzroucher said:

Jubilee because she's a good you

ng teacher.

What a fail of a post, seriously. Wolverine and Storm are hardly on good terms at the moment.

Because having a vampire who can't control their blood-lust urges around a school full of children is a sensible idea.

Unfounded Opinion Ororo
    Unfounded Opinion Ororo

Perfect.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rickbarry

Storm...boooooo. Animated Storm was so entertaining. This reserved Ororo bugs me.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @Rickbarry said:

Storm...boooooo. Animated Storm was so entertaining. This reserved Ororo bugs me.

She's not as reserved as you'd assume.
    moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By moywar700

troll face storm

bamaboykmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By bamaboykmb

Emma did loooooooooooooove teaching

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.