Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which X-Men character has been written badly lately?

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Nightcrawler23

Is it just me or did Storm join the Avengers only to stand in the corner with Spider-Man and Hawkeye, while Captain America and Iron Man do the important stuff.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#202  Edited By Roddy010

@Nightcrawler23 said:

Is it just me or did Storm join the Avengers only to stand in the corner with Spider-Man and Hawkeye, while Captain America and Iron Man do the important stuff.

It's not just you....

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#203  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Roddy010 said:

@Nightcrawler23 said:

It's not just you....

Second that.
    Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Hareil0079

Wolverine and Cyclops

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#205  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Purgy said:

God i'm just hoping Gambit's on going will give him better developement, and yes Mags need to lead his own team maybe a new Dark X-Men, or BTOEM. Just saying but i feel like all of them are being written badly.

Ah, yes, one of the few things coming out of all this crap. An on going series for a character that is NOT Wolverine related.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Purgy said:

God i'm just hoping Gambit's on going will give him better developement, and yes Mags need to lead his own team maybe a new Dark X-Men, or BTOEM. Just saying but i feel like all of them are being written badly.

Me too. I'm hoping that Gambit gets better treatment in his own series than he was given in X-Men Legacy.
    Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Skaddix

@Purgy said:

Yeah I could go for a Dark X-men Series led By Magneto.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody has got the shaft by the writers more than Prof X, he not only got retconed into being a total a-hole, he also got kicked to the curb and is now seen primarily through meaningless cameos.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Brazen_Intellect said:

Nobody has got the shaft by the writers more than Prof X, he not only got retconed into being a total a-hole, he also got kicked to the curb and is now seen primarily through meaningless cameos.

Yeah, I can't believe what they did to Professor Xavier, who was one of the most important characters in the X-Men comics. Now they made him so irrelevant in the comics.
    Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Skaddix

@Brazen_Intellect said:

yeah xavier got screwed hard all for summers.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By oraclefyre

Hope. I so miss the Hope from Cable and Second Coming. She had so much potential. It kind of breaks my heart the direction they went with her character.

arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By arcano_19

i think the only ones that has been writeen bad y x-men xtinction (cyclops team) its damn boring! but if you ask for good writed it would be wolverine and the x-men and x-men legacy they kick ass i love astonishing x-men do too

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#213  Edited By John Valentine

@arcano_19 said:

i think the only ones that has been writeen bad y x-men xtinction (cyclops team) its damn boring! but if you ask for good writed it would be wolverine and the x-men and x-men legacy they kick ass i love astonishing x-men do too

It's only boring if you're either a) not smart enough to appreciate it or b) if you dislike the cast.

You've also invalidated any point you could have made by praising Gage's Legacy and the utter gimmick of a book that is Liu's Astonishing. Poor call.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#214  Edited By KainScion

@John Valentine: oh yes because the 10000 we get on the douche-o-metter every uxm issue is so good. seriously uxm is a joke. all it gets are left overs from other story arcs and a lot of namor hitting on emma + inflating each others ego. nothing interesting happens. and dont knock legacy it is good.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By John Valentine

@KainScion said:

@John Valentine: oh yes because the 10000 we get on the douche-o-metter every uxm issue is so good. seriously uxm is a joke. all it gets are left overs from other story arcs and a lot of namor hitting on emma + inflating each others ego. nothing interesting happens. and dont knock legacy it is good.

I'll get back to you later on the Uncanny point, just about to go out.

But Legacy is abysmal. It's a continuation of the boring Rogue solo that Carey's book became, but worse.

Mimic and Weapon Omega? That was worth the two issue focus, right?

I love having Gambit, of all characters, pining over Rogue like some brain-damaged puppy when she still claims to love Magneto (a left-over and continually repeated plot-point, maybe? We can't have one of those now). Frenzy's also an ideal person to have around a school given her character history.

Onto the AvX tie-ins.... I forgot how fun it is reading about X-students being maimed. This time by D-list Avengers characters. It must be noted, that Gage is rehashing a lot of the same plot points, for example, Hellion being knocked out and concussed by a Hulk, as he did five years ago. That's not even a continuation of left overs, that's just lazy story-telling.

Having Rogue lose her sh!t and solo the entire Avengers team is not at all boring to read. I suppose she's successfully doing something for once which is a nice change. Before this she's been a colossal screw up. She had to call in Cyclops' to finish off her job for her.

Still, if it's not bad enough by itself you just have to compare it to WaTXM to see how terrible it is. Although WaTXM, has a primary focus on the children, it successfully manages to develop the staff too (Iceman, Rachel, Wolverine etc) and not just focus on Rogue. What has Carey done with Gambit, Frenzy, Husk, Cannonball, Iceman etc? Drunk kisses don't really count as character development.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I knew it.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By oraclefyre

I do agree that the Uncanny line-up is rather boring, though the stories are pretty good. You would have thought all these people with these intricate and developed back stories would be interesting, but alas, it's just not as entertaining as Wolverine and the X-Men. The only tension we see is in the relationship between Emma and Namor.

Gillen can write the characters insanely well, but it lacks character dynamics in my opinion.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@oraclefyre said:

I do agree that the Uncanny line-up is rather boring, though the stories are pretty good. You would have thought all these people with these intricate and developed back stories would be interesting, but alas, it's just not as entertaining as Wolverine and the X-Men. The only tension we see is in the relationship between Emma and Namor.

Gillen can write the characters insanely well, but it lacks character dynamics in my opinion.

EXACTLY !

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

X-MEN as a whole has been pretty bad and lack-luster. This mutant group was once my favorite group of mutant heroes. I still like X-MEn, but nothing big or interesting has come out of the X-MEN.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By John Valentine

@AgeofHurricane said:

I knew it.

Knew what?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#221  Edited By ReVamp

Which hasn't.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By John Valentine

The X-Books are the best they've been in years right now. They haven't been this good since Morrison.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Namor. He losed to the Thing... underwater.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

I knew it.

Knew what?

Never you mind.

Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Godabed

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    X-Men Origins: Cyclops
    This definitely.

Not at all, Cyclops is more badass now then ever before, when he was chasing after jean. So glad she's dead.

Hope has horrible writing, Jubilee, Storm, Dazzler, Rogue (until recently), Gambit, Havok, Iceman, Beast ( I hate him now)

darkslayer175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By darkslayer175

storm

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Godabed said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    This definitely.

Not at all, Cyclops is more badass now then ever before, when he was chasing after jean. So glad she's dead.

Hope has horrible writing, Jubilee, Storm, Dazzler, Rogue (until recently), Gambit, Havok, Iceman, Beast ( I hate him now)

I can't believe what they have been doing to Beast over the years. I used to really like him because he was the funny smart guy, but now it's hard for me to like him anymore.
    oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By oraclefyre

Nurse Annie.

Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Purgy

What ever happen to her and her son?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#230  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Nightcrawler. He's been portrayed as dead.....but I want him to be alive.....

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    Nightcrawler. He's been portrayed as dead.....but I want him to be alive.....
    Me too! I really want Nightcrawler back!
    oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By oraclefyre

Emma as Phoenix. If she attacks any of the Avengers Academy students I will be angry. Sure, Laura made the first move, but Emma would never intentionally injure kids.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@oraclefyre said:

Emma as Phoenix. If she attacks any of the Avengers Academy students I will be angry. Sure, Laura made the first move, but Emma would never intentionally injure kids.

Uh, they've got a Sentinel who's prime objectives still concerns the extermination of all mutants, of which, they're far too hesitant to shut down. Emma and the rest of the P5 want to spread world peace. Considering what happened towards the final pages, what do you expect ?

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By oraclefyre

@AgeofHurricane said:

@oraclefyre said:

Uh, they've got a Sentinel who's prime objectives still concerns the extermination of all mutants, of which, they're far too hesitant to shut down. Emma and the rest of the P5 want to spread world peace. Considering what happened towards the final pages, what do you expect ?

Emma not to attack the kids? That's what I love about her. She would do anything to protect her students, and just don't want to see her attacking any of them.

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By KingofMadCows

Emma shouldn't even need to attack anyone. Even without the Phoenix powers, she can just telepathically paralyze everyone or make them fall asleep.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.