Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which lady, would rather see have a solo series.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

As we know Marvel never really care much about the X-Men characters and the X-ladies in particular. Black Widow has a new solo series of 2014, She-Hulk has a new solo series and there new Ms Marvel series and I heard news about a new Elektra series coming out

I am interesting to here what the X-Man fans think, that none of the x-ladies get a solo series for 2014, but other marvel ladies do.

I also like to know which female character would like to have a solo series.

Out of this ladies, which female would you rather have a solo series.

Rogue or Ms Marvel

Storm or She-hulk

Jean Grey or Scarlet Witch

Emma Frost or Black Widow

Psylocke or Elektra

Magik or Wasp

X-23 or Susan Storm

Share your views

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

1. Ms Marvel
    2. She-Hulk
    3. Jean Grey
    4. Black Widow
    5. Psylocke
    6. Magik
    7. X-23

I do admit a Rogue title would be really awesome though, that was a really tough decision. The rest were pretty easy for me. Thought a Scarlet Witch series could be cool too.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

The reason the other Marvel females have their own books because most of them are solo characters along with being Avengers complete with their own villains and supporting cast. The X-women are part of a bigger picture, their villains and supporting characters are usually X-related.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want a Storm solo above all.

1. Rogue

2. Storm

3. Scarlet Witch

4. Emma Frost

5. Psylocke

6. Wasp

7. Sue Storm

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of them.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Black widow for sure! Talk about being full of Cold War style espionage and mission impossible style action

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Grey and Scarlet witch...

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@time: if I'm being completely honest, of the characters you listed, the only ones who would really interest me in and of themselves would be She-Hulk or Black Widow. Maybe Captain Marvel.

That's not to say that I like any of those characters more than any of the X-men you listed, but what I like about all of those X-men characters is largely their supporting cast of mostly other X-men characters. It's those relationships that really make them all great, to me.

I do like it when members of the team go off on their own solo adventures in the X-men books, which used to happen way more; it used to be that there was almost always at least one subplot going about a member (or two) having their own adventure away from the team. I'd actually rather see that trend return than see more X-men solo stories.

Not that I wouldn't give them a chance if the creative team looked good, or there was some cool angle, but in and of themselves, I'd rather most X-men characters who could have their own series just star in their own X-men book.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

x-23.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Captain Marvel

She-Hulk

Jean Grey

Black widow

Psylocke

Wasp

X-23

Marvel doesn't have anything against x women. Most of them can't carry a solo

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

In my opinion this speaks to how the Xmen are built. The Xmen have always been about team. In fact I dont read solo's for any of them period. Wolverine included. The Avengers IMO are just built differently. The Avengers is really a team-up of already established characters or superheroes that are working together. Each one already has their own story and set of villains and then they come together to deal with larger threats.

In fact i would say that from the beginning the name Avengers is probably not the best name to describe the team and what they do. I would say the name Defenders more accurately describes them. And Avengers should be like their Xforce or something, but whatever.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

In my opinion this speaks to how the Xmen are built. The Xmen have always been about team. In fact I dont read solo's for any of them period. Wolverine included. The Avengers IMO are just built differently. The Avengers is really a team-up of already established characters or superheroes that are working together. Each one already has their own story

exactly!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@time: if I'm being completely honest, of the characters you listed, the only ones who would really interest me in and of themselves would be She-Hulk or Black Widow. Maybe Captain Marvel.

That's not to say that I like any of those characters more than any of the X-men you listed, but what I like about all of those X-men characters is largely their supporting cast of mostly other X-men characters. It's those relationships that really make them all great, to me.

I do like it when members of the team go off on their own solo adventures in the X-men books, which used to happen way more; it used to be that there was almost always at least one subplot going about a member (or two) having their own adventure away from the team. I'd actually rather see that trend return than see more X-men solo stories.

Not that I wouldn't give them a chance if the creative team looked good, or there was some cool angle, but in and of themselves, I'd rather most X-men characters who could have their own series just star in their own X-men book.

I would so very much settle for this if Marvel really is pressed against not dispensing ongoing-solo oppurtunities by way of X. Like, this used to be the status quo back in the day to compensate for character constipation and provided the chance of in depth character background exploration. And you literally wenton these voyages with them. And funny thing is that these trips worked for the character, no matter how long they may have been a part of the X-Men--it really did like we were in their own solo of sorts. Yeah, much better alternative.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would so very much settle for this if Marvel really is pressed against not dispensing ongoing-solo oppurtunities by way of X. Like, this used to be the status quo back in the day to compensate for character constipation and provided the chance of in depth character background exploration. And you literally wenton these voyages with them. And funny thing is that these trips worked for the character, no matter how long they may have been a part of the X-Men--it really did like we were in their own solo of sorts. Yeah, much better alternative.

oh, absolutely. These solo adventures were a cornerstone of both plot and character development all through the 80's and until at least the mid-90's. Personally, I can't help but feel like that was a big part of the formula for their success, in that it gave every character a chance to star in their own stories as well as whatever the group was doing, but as though it were all one story.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

She-Hulk

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By poisonfleur

1. Rogue

2. Storm

3. Scarlet Witch

4. Emma Frost

5. I can't decide-- I'd be fine with either or. Maybe Elektra because she is a more established solo (Psylocke Elektra)

6. Magik

7. X-23

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

STORM (with her mohawk)

NightHaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a Psylocke solo would have worked well off the back of Remender's X-Force. By and large I don't think many of the X-women work well in solos. Rogue is one, but with past series I'd prefer they went elsewhere. I think Magik could be interesting right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.