Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Where is Gambit?

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I have yet to read X-Factor with Gambit (and that ridiculous new outfit of his) thus I have no idea where he was at last. I saw him for the cover of the next issue for Uncanny Avengers (in his original uniform) and I read most Marvel titles, almost all of them currently but have yet to see him. The question is: where was he last and how do you guys think he'll appear? He happens to be one of my favorite mutant characters so I personally can't wait to get him back on one of the X-Men titles!

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

He will probably be getting a solo soon to capitalize on the exposure he will be getting from the movie.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HighAccuser

@immolation: That garbage is still coming out? Why?! Tatum is awful, its going to be rushed, and has a poor script and scheduling problems...

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: yeah haven't there been like 200 directors declining the offer by now?

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: Still supposed to come out at the end of this year. I don't know much about what is going on with it.

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immolation: He did have his own solo too back in 2011 right? I read the first issue and although he's my favorite mutant I just couldn't get invested.. If he does get his own thing and doesn't join a team (I'm sort of thinking Duggan is going to pull him into Uncanny Avengers since it's a mesh of Mutants/Inhumans project) I won't be surprised.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haloprogram: He has had a few solos over the years, dating back to the early 90s. The last one was back in 2011. He has had the most successful solos with the only exceptions being Wolverine and Magneto. It actually makes sense for Fox to give him a film since they are planning on doing a solo film.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HighAccuser
    Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immolation: Magneto's was solid stuff. Well let's see how it plays out, from what I can see the next batch of Marvel titles don't include anything Gambit related. There's Black Panther, Moon Knight and Punisher last that we know of but I'm sure they'll announce more in due time and the likely hood of a Gambit title, because of the movie, is quite high. I agree with you there.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Don't know what's up with Gambit. Supposed to be in Uncanny Avengers. I haven't been reading that book tho.

cajunpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit movie - Had some issues, but all worked out. Filming begins down in New Orleans in March. Film was originally slated for Oct'16, but is now TBA'17.

Gambit comics - Yes, he's on the cover and in Uncanny Avengers 5, but I don't believe he will be joining. This is a one-shot guest-star. All-New X-Factor was pretty good, but issues arose with Quicksilver, and the title was canned. Uniforms were pretty bad, but the writing was really good. Prior to that, Gambit had a solo series, which was one of his better solo shots. A shame it is gone.

Upcoming - The only Gambit books coming up will be the return of X-Men'92.

Personally, I don't see much from Gambit in Marvel's future, but I do believe there is a bias between Marvel (Disney) and Fox (owner of the X-rights). They may claim there is none, but I just don't buy it. I am a huge fan of the character (if you couldn't already tell), and have been keeping my fingers crossed for anything.

My dream book - Gambit in a new "Heroes for Hire" book. Take a few of the popular-but-not-being-used characters, and have some fun. Granted, some of my picks are big now, but my dream team was Gambit, Psylocke, Ant-Man, Hellcat, Brother VooDoo, Gargoyle and Johnny Blaze (no Ghost Rider abilities) as a team down in New Orleans.

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: yeah he's due to appear in tomorrows issue!

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cajunpirate: Like myself then in that regard. Hands down Gambit is my favorite Marvel character which is saying a lot considering the rivals he has on that list.

Thanks for your input, and happy to hear the movie is still a go; with so many hickups it'd be an easy thing to toss it under the rug and I'm really grateful that doesn't seem to be an option for FOX although maybe if it was we'd see more of him in the comics!? (dum dum duuum) seriously don't know which option I'd prefer... probably the comics but movies are incredible for publicity and alternate takes on established characters. That'd seriously be one of those choices I'd need to travel to tibet, sit in the mountains and meditate on to figure out. Oh well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.