Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Where do you think we're going after Apocalypse?

scrawlx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So unsure as to where their going...you never know they might just be like screw the current actors and lets do a bishop and cable film(id love this tbh) or something else focused around a team (i really dont want a huge focus on one character) maybe a brotherhood of mutants film in a similair vein to Suicide Squad. Thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think the next movie will focus on the younger cast(Jean, Storm Cyclops etc.)

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I would love to see the whole phoenix saga played out. The M’Kraan Crystal, D'Ken, the Shi'ar Emprie, Lilandra, the Imperial Guard, the whole shebang. The X-Men 3, which had a really bad version of the Dark Phoenix nearly killed the X-Men as a movie franchise so I doubt Fox will allow that story line to be told, but heres hoping.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see another classic comic storyline played out like they did in Days of Future Past. Maybe Mutant Massacre or Brood Saga.

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

i wouldn't mind seeing Mister Sinister in the next X-men Film.

scrawlx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immolation: with the younger cast? hows that going to work?

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think after the Apocalypse film Bryan Singer, Jennifer Lawrence, McAvoy and Fassbender and the kid who plays Beast are all done with the franchise. So probably a reboot that will try to be closer to the comics to emulate the success that the Marvel films have.

silvanoshei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is it going? Back to MCU hohoho :)

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immolation: with the younger cast? hows that going to work?

Apocalypse doesn't take place in 2016. Cyclopse, Storm, Jean, Nightcrawler are all their younger selves, in like, the 80's I believe. So they can continue going that route.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
    BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By BappyRonChantin
    @panther21 said:

i wouldn't mind seeing Mister Sinister in the next X-men Film.

Yep, would definitely like to see him in the next movie

scrawlx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: i know but if they continue from the 80s to the 90s to 2000 dont we end up crossing over with the first film in the original trilogy?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol...probably Phoenix.,..you know its true

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: i know but if they continue from the 80s to the 90s to 2000 dont we end up crossing over with the first film in the original trilogy?

yeah sooner or later, like any prequel. And if we take the ending from the last one into consideration/cannon most of the main crew makes it.

They seem to be having better like, with the young team, but at the same time it may be boring to watch prequel after prequel

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Maybe they find a way to tell Astonishing X-men stuff and if things go back to MCU then we may get House of M. If not then they might find some way to do the Decimation without having the Scarlet Witch thing and from there maybe we might get to Messiah Complex and Second Coming

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: I think it is fair to assume that the First Class timeline is an alternate timeline to the original trilogy. What future Wolverine told Prof X in DOFP will cause him to behave differently, particularly in relation to Jean. I am quite interested to see how these new versions of the characters will be different from the original trilogy.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tristanheron: Yeah, jean was alive and well at the end of dofp which means logan would have no reason to sulk off to japan and leave the team to brood. He wakes up alive an well in the x-mansion and everyone seems relatively happy in the future. so I guess what ever happens between now and then could be a series of movies. I want to see when beast finally stops having the ability to "beast out" and lose his human form entirely

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hopefully they will completely reboot the franchise.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is supposedly the end of the "First Class trilogy" so who knows what they'll do to make the next one different.

I'm kinda getting tired of Singer's direction in a way and found First Class to be a nice change of pace.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think the logical next step would be to bring in Sinister. If not, possibly a good Dark Phoenix story this time around.

I guess it's safe to say that somewhat rumored FF/X-Men Crossover isn't happening lol

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MasterOfEvil
    Bastion the Bio-Sentinel
    Bastion the Bio-Sentinel

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dark phoenix saga

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

scrawlx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dont think they'll go for sentinels ...been there and done that I vote Sinister and the maruaders or The Exiles/Morlocks

As for New mutants do you think itll be in present day?

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@panther21: in that case, I pick Onslaught. There would be some obvious changes but it would work very well

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Savagelands I hope.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

After Hugh Jackman announced that he was quitting Wolverine it was rumored that Fox was offering him 100 million a movie to continue the role. If that is true then most likely Fox does not want to reboot.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think introducing Genosha could bring some interesting possibilities.

Imbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They will probably attempt to do Phoenix right.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really tired of these franchise. Cyclops, wolverine, etc etc. How about a House of M film? This can be really interesting if filming it right. I am tired of the weak Storm every time she pops up, tired of Wolverine, tired of the X-Men drama and tired of their sh*t . The only reason people see these movie it's because of Magneto, DUH! You think Apocalypse is going to be good? Well, let's see.

House of M and FTW

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rumors are, Singer stays... That means, WE are not going that far.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Yeah. I don't mind Singer's X-Men, but I would like to see someone different. Maybe Whedon?

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reboot

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By adamTRMM

@tristanheron said:

Yeah. I don't mind Singer's X-Men, but I would like to see someone different. Maybe Whedon?

Singer moved comic book cinema to a completely different place and we're here basically thanks to him (Feige said there would be no MCU if he'd fail on the X's and I've heard Nolan said the X-movies inspired his take on Dark Knight trilogy, not sure about this, but if it's true, well the impact alone talks for itself), he's not a bad director and all, but hell, he has to let it go. Not going to happen probably since the CB movies are so hawt right now, it's understandable why he wants to stay... But from a creative standpoint, I can't see him bringing anything new to the table.

Eh.. I wouldn't be crazy about Whedon as well lol Aronofsky will make me really damn curious, Snyder (people give him a lot of crap, but his only "not good" movie to this day was Man of Steel and still I very much respect what he TRIED to achieve with that one and here's a controversial opinion - Sucker Punch was a cinematic piece of art, director's cut - a must watch!), maybe Terry Gilliam for a mind-bending experience? lol Those are some tough questions for me for these late hours.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Snyder is a good visual director, but I think he is quite busy at the moment.

Terry Gilliam was my choice to direct Doctor Strange.

I picked Whedon because I think the things missing from the X-Men films to date are the team dynamics and respect for Cyclops and the female characters which Whedon would do well.

If they do go down the route of Sinister, then Tim Burton or Guillermo del Toro could be interesting.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By adamTRMM

@tristanheron:

That's when he's praised most, that and being a faithful adapter, but I consider him to be more than just a visual revisitor, more of a director with a style which is yet to be fully fleshed out. Sucker Punch (director's cut) proved to me he can do his own thing and make it totally work. And you think about that tandem, of him and Nolan working on MoS and not really delivering, that misstep might totally have some external roots. I don't say it was impossible for them to fail, but the plot had too many holes to really think that everything went according to the plan.

Anyway, I do realize it's impossible for either to work on X-men, it was just me wishing and thinking copypaste lol

Terry Gilliam was my choice to direct Doctor Strange.

That would be actually freaking awesome...

I picked Whedon because I think the things missing from the X-Men films to date are the team dynamics and respect for Cyclops and the female characters which Whedon would do well.

Not after AoU... I know that he's not the only one to be blamed on that, it's pretty well known fact that without powers that be induced restrictions the movie could be very different, I still believe the tone would still be the same. Ultron was abominable, such an incredible concept, that could totally become a subtle, artistic commentary on our modern dependency on technology and networks and what not, was turned into a cheesy cartoon that didn't even take itself for serious. Nah. Not with the X-men grandest villain gallery. Those characters need just as much respect as X-men themselves if not even more so. His X-men as a team might be fine, but I don't believe that he can handle three-dimensional adversaries.

If they do go down the route of Sinister, then Tim Burton or Guillermo del Toro could be interesting.

Hm... an almost every villain cliche combined yet so charismatic and bewitching, who's in love with his own voice and when he speaks you better listen? That screams Tarantino to me haha like I said, wishing copypasting right here.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mutant God

MUTANTS IN SPACE!!!!

or

If they are doing a last Wolverine movie that could lead into a movie for the Next Gen mutants ala Young X-Men or X-Factor.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Okay, fair call with Whedon and villains. Ultron was a fail.

I wouldn't mind giving Matthew Vaughn another shot at directing X-Men.

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Sinister.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.