Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13421 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What's a good comic with a GOOD Phoenix story? Other than the Original?

Avatar image for one_truephoenix
    One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I actually just asked this in another forum.

Most comics i've skimmed through with the Phoenix aren't impressive [I don't read anythign in full if it looks like it might be bad].

i don't read comics much at all so anyone who can recommend something that has-

a. good character development and story

b. something that showcases the Phoenix doing something actually cool

c. awesome artwork [i luv art!]

d. if possible, only if possible, something without Emma's Cookoos [yes spelled like that] i hate them and Madelyn Prior.

anyway gimme your best shot, if you can post a sneak peak of what the comic will look like pls do!

thx! 🥰🥰🥰

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are only 3 stories with Jean's phoenix- Dark Phoenix saga, New X-Men, and Endsong. Though if you read Ironman: Iron age you get a mini phoenix saga

Avengers vs X-Men exist....You could turn your brain off and enjoy it I guess.

There are several arcs in Excalibur about Rachel Summers as Phoenix but otherwise yea....

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

There are only 3 stories with Jean's phoenix- Dark Phoenix saga, New X-Men, and Endsong. Though if you read Ironman: Iron age you get a mini phoenix saga

Avengers vs X-Men exist....You could turn your brain off and enjoy it I guess.

There are several arcs in Excalibur about Rachel Summers as Phoenix but otherwise yea....

is Endsong any good? meaning would you recommend it? my friends hated this one but they have INTERESTING opinions, to best put it. Um I guess I could look for Excalebur i don't think I've every skimmed through Rachel Summers stories. That's also on the count of ppl I know having a strong disdain for Rachel but I don't know myself and prlly should just read it and see what happens 😀😃

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_truephoenix: Excalibur is a fan favorite title within the core X-Men fandom. Though even then some people are back and fourth on it.

Endsong is cool....it had a lot of hate early on due to Scott/Jean/Emma beefs but it's a pretty solid short story.

Rachel is god, your friends have no taste.

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@one_truephoenix: Excalibur is a fan favorite title within the core X-Men fandom. Though even then some people are back and fourth on it.

Endsong is cool....it had a lot of hate early on due to Scott/Jean/Emma beefs but it's a pretty solid short story.

Rachel is god, your friends have no taste.

lol ok i will give it a try :) my friends aren't grey fans thats why, and they are doing some weird stuff too lol but Im a BIG Phoenix fan. the Phoenix is my favorite mystical animal of the legends, but ive never really known much about marvels Phoenix, other than films tv. ill give it a try and see what i think, thanx for recommending :D

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excalibur #50

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

None of them

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

None of them

I havent read a good one yet i wish the Phoenix force was more imaginatiave and versitale to me it shouldnt be jean all the time one person said Excaliber is a good one maybe its better than others???

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_truephoenix: The Phoenix just shouldnt even be a thing. We dont need more host if anything we need kess or no Phoenix

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@one_truephoenix: The Phoenix just shouldnt even be a thing. We dont need more host if anything we need kess or no Phoenix

"kess or no Phoenix" i do not understand sorry???

I do like the idea of the Phoenix being a cosmic force of the universe that makes an amazing story for a hero the problem is ive never seen a great story either. i wish an creative person would write their own story that way we could see something amazing! i think its bad writing thats the problem and that writers dont know how to be versitle and innovative with it

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_truephoenix: sorry about that I meant less or no Phoenix. We dont need more host.

Some abstract force wondering around possessing people is not intriguing to me. There are better or at least more interesting descriptions. The Phoenix could be the mutant god/elder god similar to Bast the Panther goddess. Or since people insist on using the Shiar bird people then the Phoenix could be an ultimate weapon of psionic power somewhat like the Hecatomb. If you want the idea of energy roaming around then make it a disembodied celestial. I could even go for the idea of "Phoenix" being a level of power like the idea of Alpha and Omega level mutants. There could be Phoenix level mutants I guess.

Its just not the best concept in my opinion and allows for too much bad writing

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: i do like your ideas too :)

i love phoenixes they are my spirit animal ^_^ thats why i love the idea of the Phoenix force to me theres a LOT of awesome potential for amazing stories about mutants tat find their pure power and use it in a plight but writers dont do that they write the same tale over and over thats why the writing is bad. but i wish someone can make a good story for it that it is veristle and imaginative thats what i want.

i think that's a GREAT idea! Phoenix level mutants! it could be that the phoenix is a power that created mutants thats why they have powers and omega potential mutants can take on that power and become the ultimate phoenix level. lol maybe we should write a story together :D

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quoting @hawk2916 there's none. The original story was great for its time, but has been diminished due to every writer after Claremont. The problem is, writers have NO creativity in writing the Phoenix. It's always used as some dumb plot device, to place their "creators' pets"/male fantasies (Jean Grey and her clones) on some high, over the top, cosmic and narrative pedestal. In other words, the Phoenix has become writers' fanfiction at this point. That's why its grown monotonous, tedious and dull as shit.

Like I said in a different post, some new writers have come along with the promise of an epic story. From what they are proposing, it sounds spectacular. Once they announce what they are doing, I'll post a link to it :)

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quoting @hawk2916 there's none. The original story was great for its time, but has been diminished due to every writer after Claremont. The problem is, writers have NO creativity in writing the Phoenix. It's always used as some dumb plot device, to place their "creators' pets"/male fantasies (Jean Grey and her clones) on some high, over the top, cosmic and narrative pedestal. In other words, the Phoenix has become writers' fanfiction at this point. That's why its grown monotonous, tedious and dull as shit.

Like I said in a different post, some new writers have come along with the promise of an epic story. From what they are proposing, it sounds spectacular. Once they announce what they are doing, I'll post a link to it :)

is it the new namor phoenix??? that doesnt look god at all and it dont even make sense!!!

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TeamGXOne

@one_truephoenix: I think I've already informed you in a different post, but in case someone else is browsing this thread, no. Namor becoming Phoenix never worked for me. He's a fucking sea creature, why pair him with a FIRE entity?

Anyway, the X-Men project I was discussing is the fan collaboration of many, many fans participating. Someone else becomes Phoenix, and he's an awesome, very unorthodox choice 😁

And as I already mentioned in a different post, when they publicize their info, I'll alert you 😉

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_truephoenix: I think I've already informed you in a different post, but in case someone else is browsing this thread, no. Namor becoming Phoenix never worked for me. He's a fucking sea creature, why pair him with a FIRE entity?

Anyway, the X-Men project I was discussing is the fan collaboration of many, many fans participating. Someone else becomes Phoenix, and he's an awesome, very unorthodox choice 😁

And as I already mentioned in a different post, when they publicize their info, I'll alert you 😉

PLS DO!!! i love the phoenix idea i wished someone could finally tell a good story and i woud love so much ot participate so definitely keep updating ^_^

Fall1n1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Have you tried New X-Men 154? I think that's the first appearance of the White Phoenix, or were u just looking for Dark Phoenix stories?

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fall1n1: im looking for ANY good phoenix story but not many are great someone told me about 154 but im waiting for my key so i can log in and read it you say its good one???

white phoenix actually appear first in xmen uncanny 70s version. but i want something different and rly mind blowing different adventure and lots of crazy cosmic stuff but i dont think ill find it anytiem soon unless maybe some fanfiction lol sometimes fans write better stores thant real writers lolololol but i do wish for a good phoenix story :(

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_truephoenix: I don't read X-Men 154, it will probably make you mad.

The original Phoenix Saga is the only one that was good. After that, the writers ran amok with this concept. I suggest you wait on what the fans are cooking up. They have better insight and ideas than any of these writers :)

Fall1n1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh if you wanted a different perspective on the Dark Phoenix Saga you can read the prose novel. I'm about to read it myself and I hear it's incredibly well done, and compelling

No Caption Provided

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel vs Galactus from Excalibur.

In fact, the first 50 or so issues of Excaibur are basically like a Phoenix highlight reel.

Also, Secret Wars 2 where Rachel battles Disco Beyonder.

Granted, some of the actual stories aren't great, but, they are stories where the Phoenix Force is expounded upon.

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fall1n1: Is that a full on new take, or just an "expansion pack" version?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i liked phonix end song(another jean comes back tease) and phoenix warsong(with emma and the cuckoos)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.