Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What X-Men Character could take Wolverine's place in popularity?

• 84 results
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Here's my opinion:

What X-Men character do you think can take Wolverine's place in terms of popularity?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

Magik.

Take no prisoners personality? Check

Dark back story? Check

Inner demons? Literally and check

Has a blade? Yep

Heck, she could probably star in her own videogame franchise if Marvel was smart, and become the equivalent of Conan, Kratos or Link.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

It seemed in the mid to late 90's they were grooming Marrow for the role.........but then Marvel remembered they have to keep everything the same for decades on end.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Magik.

Dark back story? Check

Has a blade? Yep

Heck, she could probably star in her own videogame franchise if Marvel was smart, and become the equivalent of Conan, Kratos or Link.

I agree that Magik could possibly take over for Wolverine since there's more interest being shown to her. By the way, do you think that Wolverine's popularity is starting to go down because of the new direction he is going?

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By Timandm

This is a good question. I think a number of characters "had" a shot at it at one time or another, but as soon as they start to gain popularity, it is as if the character is given to another writer and their personalities change. It is not a character's power that gives them popularity, it is how interesting we, the reader, find them...

For whatever reason, many of us find Wolverine interesting. Others that were becoming interesting but suddenly changed or just sort of dissappeared:

- Rockslide - Santo isn't the brightest crayon in the box, and he has a tendency to be dense, low-brow, and rude, BUT... There's something immensely likeable about him. During the New X-Men series around 2004 - 2006 when it was mostly him, Hellion, X-23, Elixir, Prodigy, Mercury and a few others, he was a great character. Funny, likable in spite of being rude, and ferociously loyal and protective of his friends... But then.. one day... Some time after Siege, he changed.. A new writer... He had great potential.

- Pixie - Pixie used to be very much like her namesake. She was this incredibly sweet, innocent, and naive girl. Take a look at a scene form New X-Men 38 where Santo, Pixie, Blindfold, Mercury, Elixir, X-23, and Prodigy were all in Limbo.

No Caption Provided

This girl is fun, interesting, and has interesting abilities... But, lately, it is as if someone else has begun writing her. They're giving her more screen time, but she's not longer 'pixie.' She's just another generic typical female type X-Men hero...

There are others I could mention... but you get the point.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Timandm said:

This is a good question. I think a number of characters "had" a shot at it at one time or another, but as soon as they start to gain popularity, it is as if the character is given to another writer and their personalities change. It is not a character's power that gives them popularity, it is how interesting we, the reader, find them...

For whatever reason, many of us find Wolverine interesting. Others that were becoming interesting but suddenly changed or just sort of dissappeared:

- Rockslide - Santo isn't the brightest crayon in the box, and he has a tendency to be dense, low-brow, and rude, BUT... There's something immensely likeable about him. During the New X-Men series around 2004 - 2006 when it was mostly him, Hellion, X-23, Elixir, Prodigy, Mercury and a few others, he was a great character. Funny, likable in spite of being rude, and ferociously loyal and protective of his friends... But then.. one day... Some time after Siege, he changed.. A new writer... He had great potential.

- Pixie - Pixie used to be very much like her namesake. She was this incredibly sweet, innocent, and naive girl. Take a look at a scene form New X-Men 38 where Santo, Pixie, Blindfold, Mercury, Elixir, X-23, and Prodigy were all in Limbo.

No Caption Provided

This girl is fun, interesting, and has interesting abilities... But, lately, it is as if someone else has begun writing her. They're giving her more screen time, but she's not longer 'pixie.' She's just another generic typical female type X-Men hero...

There are others I could mention... but you get the point.

I agree with all this. All of these X-Men characters have potential to be something greater, but it's like those stories are being thrown out the window.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By slimlim

Much as i hate to admit... NOBODY.

Unfortunately, Wolverine has grown BIGGER than the X-Men. All other X-Men, no matter how popular, are still just X-Men.

There are exceptions... characters like Gambit and Cable had their surges in popularity and could stand on their own, but none have stood the test of time like Wolverine.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By judasnixon

Back in the early 90's I thought Gambit was going to be more popular than Wolverine, but i was young and bias as $#!% being a kid from New Orleans......

No Caption Provided
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@slimlim said:

Unfortunately, Wolverine has grown BIGGER than the X-Men. All other X-Men, no matter how popular, are still just X-Men.

There are exceptions... characters like Gambit and Cable had their surges in popularity and could stand on their own, but none have stood the test of time like Wolverine.

I agree that most of the time, the other X-Men usually have a hard time trying to stand out on their own since some had their own series, but they end up getting cancelled before they really developed the characters.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@judasnixon said:

Back in the early 90's I thought Gambit was going to be more popular than Wolverine, but i was young and bias as $#!% being a kid from New Orleans......
    No Caption Provided

Yeah, I think that Gambit was one of the few other characters who had a chance of becoming popular. Unfortunately, nowadays he's not as popular as he once was...

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dangallant984

@PhoenixoftheTides: Magik? I totally agree.

@Timandm: I don't know it I'd ever read a solo book about just Pixie or Rockslide, but then, I don't read Wolverine's solo book either. BUT, I would probably check out any team book that had either of them.

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@judasnixon said:

Yeah, I think that Gambit was one of the few other characters who had a chance of becoming popular. Unfortunately, nowadays he's not as popular as he once was...

Maybe not, but I've liked him more recently than I ever did in the past. He was actually the first one I thought of, well, him and Storm.

His new series seems decent, and I've enjoyed him a lot in Astonishing. I think getting him away from Rogue has really helped focus what's actually cool about him. And I think it helps that, though he is a pretty classic X-man at this point, he's pretty removed from a lot of the divisive politics of the X-men; he's very much his own man, much like Wolverine used to be.

I like that Wolverine's not like that any more, too, his current role is well deserved, but I like that Gambit still is.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@dangallant984 said:

@PhoenixoftheTides: Magik? I totally agree.

@Timandm: I don't know it I'd ever read a solo book about just Pixie or Rockslide, but then, I don't read Wolverine's solo book either. BUT, I would probably check out any team book that had either of them.

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@judasnixon said:

Maybe not, but I've liked him more recently than I ever did in the past. He was actually the first one I thought of, well, him and Storm.

His new series seems decent, and I've enjoyed him a lot in Astonishing. I think getting him away from Rogue has really helped focus what's actually cool about him. And I think it helps that, though he is a pretty classic X-man at this point, he's pretty removed from a lot of the divisive politics of the X-men; he's very much his own man, much like Wolverine used to be.

I like that Wolverine's not like that any more, too, his current role is well deserved, but I like that Gambit still is.

I agree that it's great that Gambit is not involved with whatever's happening in the X-Men universe at the moment. It would have ruined his character at this point.

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Yai_Inn

@slimlim said:

Agreed. The only possible exception I could think of would be a returned/revamped Nightcrawler.

Oh and Deadpool, but that doesn't really count, does it?

Franchise1590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Franchise1590

People saying Magik and Pixie are delusional. I don't think any of those character could have their own Movie series like Wolverine which is what you'd have to accomplished to overtake Logan since his star is burning brighter than ever. No way is he getting less popular, he's just so established in pop culture that Marvel doesn't feel the need to shove him down everyone's throats anymore.

Wolverine has reached Spiderman, Captain America, and Hulk levels of popularity where he's one of the first things people think about when you say Marvel comics. IMO the only X-man characters capable of duplicating that and staying popular over years are Storm, Gambit, and Rouge if she still had Ms.Marvel powers.

Deadpool too if you count him as an X-man definitely has the potential to reach Wolverine's level of mass appeal and star in a movie series just about him. He already has his own game.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Yai_Inn said:

@slimlim said:

Agreed. The only possible exception I could think of would be a returned/revamped Nightcrawler.

I've always wondered if Deadpool should be counted as apart of the X-Men since he's usually on and off every once in awhile.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By slimlim

@Rabbitearsblog: Deadpool doesnt really count coz he's not a mutant.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@slimlim said:

Oh yeah...

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yai_Inn

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@slimlim said:

Oh yeah...

Often times I consider him in the discussion, not based on whether or not he's a mutant, but because his titles fall under the X-Men editorial office.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Yai_Inn said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@slimlim said:

Oh yeah...

Often times I consider him in the discussion, not based on whether or not he's a mutant, but because his titles fall under the X-Men editorial office.

That's true that Deadpool is heavily involved with the X-Men universe, so I guess he could be counted as one of those characters that occasionally plays a role in the situations the X-Men gets into.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Madame_Mist

Young Jean?

Not only has she got a famous legacy thanks to her older counterpart, she also doesn't have to suffer the burdens of that same counterpart. She's really grown on me and Bendis makes it believable for someone so young to have the maturity to lead an X-Men team. Rather than backing down, she's stepped up.

All Marvel has to do is say "Jean Grey" and they're pretty much guaranteed money.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Cyclops. He's the real deal. He gets stuff done.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By poisonfleur
    Storm
    Storm
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@poisonfleur said:

Storm
    Storm

I also think that Storm has a good shot since she has a huge fan base.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Veitha

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Magik.

Dark back story? Check

Has a blade? Yep

I'd love this.

Or maybe...

No Caption Provided

Kitty Pryde and Emma Frost. They're like the female counterpart of current Wolverine(Kitty) and Cyclops(Emma). And I'd like to see those two become rival headmistresses

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Veitha said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Magik.

Dark back story? Check

Has a blade? Yep

I'd love this.

Or maybe...

No Caption Provided

Kitty Pryde and Emma Frost. They're like the female counterpart of current Wolverine(Kitty) and Cyclops(Emma). And I'd like to see those two become rival headmistresses

I wonder if the Kitty/Emma rivalry will ever be shown in All New All Different X-Men?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I agree that Magik could possibly take over for Wolverine since there's more interest being shown to her. By the way, do you think that Wolverine's popularity is starting to go down because of the new direction he is going?

I think Marvel is making sure to cover all bases: "Wolverine and the X-Men" shows a version of the character that is not cool in the traditional sense and "Savage Wolverine" should keep the version of the character that is rough around the areas in circulation. They're simultaneously making him bland and cool at the same time (the version of Wolverine we see in most other titles tends to be the cool version). I can't really say if this is going to have a long term effect on Wolverine's popularity: it does seem to me that Marvel is trying to go in the direction where he is all things to all readers.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dangallant984

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

I think Marvel is making sure to cover all bases: "Wolverine and the X-Men" shows a version of the character that is not cool in the traditional sense and "Savage Wolverine" should keep the version of the character that is rough around the areas in circulation. They're simultaneously making him bland and cool at the same time (the version of Wolverine we see in most other titles tends to be the cool version). I can't really say if this is going to have a long term effect on Wolverine's popularity: it does seem to me that Marvel is trying to go in the direction where he is all things to all readers.

..or whatever the story needs him to be, which, personally, I'm fine with.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spinningbirdcake

Well in terms of a similar personality I like the ones listed very much. In terms of popularity? None of them have a chance. Not until one of them gets a solo movie, and ends up on several different teams/books a week/month and has a couple ongoing titles.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Madame_Mist said:

Young Jean?

Not only has she got a famous legacy thanks to her older counterpart, she also doesn't have to suffer the burdens of that same counterpart. She's really grown on me and Bendis makes it believable for someone so young to have the maturity to lead an X-Men team. Rather than backing down, she's stepped up.

All Marvel has to do is say "Jean Grey" and they're pretty much guaranteed money.

yes but she cant take wolverines place as a hero who kills bad guys

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#29  Edited By x_29

Cyclops

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dangallant984

@x_29 said:

Cyclops

in some ways, he's practically there.

Opticsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Opticsmoke

I'd give my vote to Cyclops. Now days he has been getting much more attention from my side! He's maybe not the strongest one around, but it's all about his attitude.

RawrImADragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#32  Edited By RawrImADragon

She used to be his sidekick... so why not push her into the direction of her mentor:

No Caption Provided
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Timandm

@Yai_Inn said:

@slimlim said:

Well... I think Deadpool is one of the X-Men whether they like it or not... And they DID issue him an X-Men's uniform one time. Remember this?

Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By Spawn92

No mutant could steal the spotlight from Wolverine. It simply can't be done

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@spinningbirdcake said:

Well in terms of a similar personality I like the ones listed very much. In terms of popularity? None of them have a chance. Not until one of them gets a solo movie, and ends up on several different teams/books a week/month and has a couple ongoing titles.

I agree that the other X-Men characters can become more popular if they get their own solo series. I guess it would all depend on the fans beyond that point.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dangallant984

@RawrImADragon said:

She used to be his sidekick... so why not push her into the direction of her mentor:

No Caption Provided

I think this is one of the most interesting ways to handle Jubilee; ley's face it, she wasn't really that cool or distinct until Generation X, that's where she really came into her own, and it was as his obvious successor. I don't really think she could come to be as iconic as the Wolverine, but, more than any other character, she's been groomed for the position.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@dangallant984 said:

@RawrImADragon said:

No Caption Provided

I think this is one of the most interesting ways to handle Jubilee; ley's face it, she wasn't really that cool or distinct until Generation X, that's where she really came into her own, and it was as his obvious successor. I don't really think she could come to be as iconic as the Wolverine, but, more than any other character, she's been groomed for the position.

I agree that Jubilee was in the position of being Wolverine's sidekick of the 90s. Can't believe they messed up her character over the years...

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JamDamage

Deadpool has been on the move lately. Does it have to be a mutant. If so, then I don't see anyone replacing him

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Matchstick

Nobody. Wolverine is one of the most popular characters in the entire Marvel U, there are currently no characters that could duplicate that. Though there are a few that could make a decent run at it, if Marvel really got behind the character and didn't mess anything up. I'd say Magneto, Storm, or Iceman have the potential.

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By fury714

Gambit for the sake of being the cool one. Although Wolverine has all bases covered. Comics, Movies, Animation, Toys..

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@fury714 said:

Gambit for the sake of being the cool one. Although Wolverine has all bases covered. Comics, Movies, Animation, Toys..

I agree since Gambit was pretty popular during the 90s and he currently has his own solo series.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By TDK_1997

Gambit is a character that I once thought that he is the most popular X-Men character and I believe that if he is used more he may replace Wolverine if he gets out of the spot for a moment.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@TDK_1997 said:

Gambit is a character that I once thought that he is the most popular X-Men character and I believe that if he is used more he may replace Wolverine if he gets out of the spot for a moment.

I agree that Gambit might have the most potential in taking over Wolverine's popularity, but Marvel would really have to try to promote Gambit's popularity to the public to be more effective.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dangallant984

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@TDK_1997 said:

I agree that Gambit might have the most potential in taking over Wolverine's popularity, but Marvel would really have to try to promote Gambit's popularity to the public to be more effective.

I think Gambit may be one of the best candidates too, but I think one of the things that he (and a lot of the X-men) probably has working against him is his lack of iconic quality. Sure, most people probably recognize Gambit, and he works better on his own than most X-characters, due to having been an adventurer prior to joining (ie, having a past), but he's not the sort of consummate superhero that Wolverine is.

Which is a lot of what I like about him, really, but I don't see him representing mutant kind on the Avengers, for example. His appeal is that he's a wild card, where as Wolverine is more of a rock, more of a core character, more representative of something besides himself.

For all of these reasons, I would have to consider characters like Storm, Cyclops, or even Rogue, to have a bit more of a better chance.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Timandm

@dangallant984 said:

@RawrImADragon said:

No Caption Provided

This is a good point. But there's a trend. Consider this list. Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, Armor... At one point or another they have all been Wolverine's sidekick. And each time, it worked well... But, unfortunately, they eventually get tossed aside and replaced. Now, Kitty currently is getting quite a bit of on panel time... but there were a number of years where she seemed to just... not be around... And of course, she did get shot into space inside a giant bullet for a long while....

With Jubilee, I think Marvel has tried a couple of times to bring her to the forefront, but it hasn't 'taken.' The story with the vampires was, IMO, rather stupid but still kewl on some level and what they did with Jubilee, making her a vampire... I think that was another shot at bringing her to the forefront. Personally, I'd like to see her come back to the X-Men as a vampire WITH her mutant powers restored....

Who knows, maybe a mini-series with Kitty, Armor, Jubilee, and Pixie... Pixie was 'almost' a Wolverine Sidekick...

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
    Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By Markus_Langbourn

None of them. 

The thing about Wolverine, like him or hate him, is that he is just so cool on the surface. You know nothing about the X-Men, but the first time you see all of them, they're showing off their powers. One guy shoots lasers from his eyes, another tells the wind to blow and lightning to fall, a redhead dies and comes back five times, a guy has wings, whatever, then there's this short, gruff dude. Suddenly, three claws spring from his hands and he lunges forward, cutting stuff up. The first thing any kid will do after seeing the X-Men is go "SNIKT!" and there's nothing wrong with that. Hell, it makes sense. It's a power that is fun to reenact, and very exciting. 

After that, well, most people are going to keep loving the guy. Those that don't are likely to gravitate to other characters for whatever reason, rather than standing behind that one "super-cool" character.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lykopis

@Markus_Langbourn said:

None of them. The thing about Wolverine, like him or hate him, is that he is just so cool on the surface. You know nothing about the X-Men, but the first time you see all of them, they're showing off their powers. One guy shoots lasers from his eyes, another tells the wind to blow and lightning to fall, a redhead dies and comes back five times, a guy has wings, whatever, then there's this short, gruff dude. Suddenly, three claws spring from his hands and he lunges forward, cutting stuff up. The first thing any kid will do after seeing the X-Men is go "SNIKT!" and there's nothing wrong with that. Hell, it makes sense. It's a power that is fun to reenact, and very exciting. After that, well, most people are going to keep loving the guy. Those that don't are likely to gravitate to other characters for whatever reason, rather than standing behind that one "super-cool" character.

I feel like placing a crown on your head. Spot on.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dangallant984

@Timandm said:

This is a good point. But there's a trend. Consider this list. Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, Armor... At one point or another they have all been Wolverine's sidekick. And each time, it worked well... But, unfortunately, they eventually get tossed aside and replaced. Now, Kitty currently is getting quite a bit of on panel time... but there were a number of years where she seemed to just... not be around... And of course, she did get shot into space inside a giant bullet for a long while....

With Jubilee, I think Marvel has tried a couple of times to bring her to the forefront, but it hasn't 'taken.' The story with the vampires was, IMO, rather stupid but still kewl on some level and what they did with Jubilee, making her a vampire... I think that was another shot at bringing her to the forefront. Personally, I'd like to see her come back to the X-Men as a vampire WITH her mutant powers restored....

Who knows, maybe a mini-series with Kitty, Armor, Jubilee, and Pixie... Pixie was 'almost' a Wolverine Sidekick...

Though she may be the first and most classic example of this trend, I don't think Kitty should be counted with those other characters for one main reason; when Kitty first developed her relationship with Wolverine, she was the main character of the X-men, a role that Wolverine wouldn't really take, despite his popularity, until after she left (to become the main character of Excaliber).

Jubilee, on the other hand, definitely started out as Wolverine's sidekick, and eventually became a more central character by the time she left to join Generation X, but she was rarely as central to the stories stories as Kitty had been. For the first half of the 80's, X-men was largely Kitty's story.

And, yeah, all X-men leave the team at some point, but the only time when Kitty was strictly "not around", was when she went to college. Other than that, she's spent most of her existence as the main character of whatever book she's in..

RawrImADragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#49  Edited By RawrImADragon

I also say, if given the chance and the right push, that this guy could definitely be the most popular face of the X-Men. He's already the most distinctly featured, the most easily recognizable, and the BAMF! is already so iconic. Plus, everyone loved his fight scene in the X2 movie. Hell, growing up he was one of my favorite X-Men, I would always play as him on my Sega Genesis game after reading some comics.

No Caption Provided
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@dangallant984 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@TDK_1997 said:

I think Gambit may be one of the best candidates too, but I think one of the things that he (and a lot of the X-men) probably has working against him is his lack of iconic quality. Sure, most people probably recognize Gambit, and he works better on his own than most X-characters, due to having been an adventurer prior to joining (ie, having a past), but he's not the sort of consummate superhero that Wolverine is.

Which is a lot of what I like about him, really, but I don't see him representing mutant kind on the Avengers, for example. His appeal is that he's a wild card, where as Wolverine is more of a rock, more of a core character, more representative of something besides himself.

For all of these reasons, I would have to consider characters like Storm, Cyclops, or even Rogue, to have a bit more of a better chance.

I agree that Wolverine will always have the Weapon X storyline that will make him stand out from the other characters, although Storm has the back story about her encounter with the Shadow King and Rogue had a past history about being a villain and stealing Ms. Marvel's powers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.