Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What would you like to see in an X-Men video game?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koays

I've really only played one X-Men game myself, but I feel like it's a market that would benefit X-Men greatly considering the current climate.

So-

What kind of game would you like it to be? (Fighting, Adventure, MMO,)

What characters would you like to see?

and

What kind of stories would you like to see in it?

Bonus: Would you play the above users suggestion?

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Darkpesmerga10

I would love to see, a Bioware or Cd project take on Xmen(so an rpg). You create you own character. with 3 or so different classes/powerset.

Character as many as you can cram in the game. hell make maybe some orginals too.

This would take place post AVX so theirs cyclops team(anti heroes) Wolverines School(where you go/and spend most the game) Brotherhood led by mystique or someone else whose place you can take later.

personally i would love being part of something like the witcher 2, prologue/tutorial you discover you powers as a teen which cause a event to happen which cause your parents death or they find you a freak. thus you are either saved or sent to the xschool. you would meet characters and start getting training in you powers. (you can also do dragon age origins style, have mutiple backstories to choose from to give your character a little background for you to build on.)

chapter 1 (taking place some time after from months to a year) would be school related getting to know characters, danger room stuff. ending with eventually you graduating to a xteam.

chapter 2 mission outside interacting with maybe brotherhood of mutants/cyclops xmen, seening how cruel the world can be to your kind blah blah leading up too a choice be made stick with xmen or go with cyclops xmen. or being a evil person and becoming leader of the brotherhood of mutants.

chapter 3 will be different depending on choice. location and such.

that just something i would love, i probably prefer for it not to be a triple A title and more like xmen legends/divinity original sin gameplay and give me 200 hours. it could also be a hybrid like persona games. School sim/adventure Rpg, it can use a plot from the comic but can break canon. to allow player choice. shit throw some fan service in there. let people try to hit on the step-ford cuckoos and try to guess which on is the one they are dating.

i love in the xmen the school life, as much a them running around saving the world, but i would rather play my own character in their world then one already established.

Other then all that, if its a game with not a created character. Id love a game set in the days of future past universe or age of Apocalypse universe.

(i was so disappointing xmen destiny did not turn out well so much potential wasted)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

All I want is X-Men Legends 3.

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a fight game with best marvel characters including a lot x men.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Something like Marvel Ultimate Alliance, or DC Universe Online. Except, y'know, with X-Men.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see a Bioware RPG in the spirit of Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Have it take place in it's own continuity. You'd be able to create your own custom character with a multitude of origins for you character to pick from, you could be a Weapon X victim or many others.

Your character would be a new student at the Xavier institute, your classmates would include X23, Rachel Grey, Pixie and others. Xavier would still be headmaster, Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Storm and Wolverine would be among the teachers.

You would pick from multiple power sets that would evolve as time goes on, like energy manipulation, element control, animal like abilities etc.

I like the idea of there being a trilogy of these games with Apocalypse as the manipulative big bad.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool ^_^

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think it'd be pretty cool to have an Exiles game that had not only a hefty list of heroes, but a handful of alternate version of each. To start you would get a random mix of 5 X-Related characters and eventually you could customize the team. The play would be similar to X-Men: Legends, but there would also be Crystal Palace Danger Room sessions where you can play VS.

That, or one where you have a power similar to Rogue's, but you can permanently absorb up to 3 powers from mutants you encounter. You can choose when to absorb and discard these powers to acquire your desired combination, but there may be situations where certain powers are more beneficial to efficiently complete missions (but the missions wouldn't be impossible if you prefer other power sets) The character creator should be SICK.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

An X-men Tactics game like Final Fantasy Tactics!

Or

X-men Legends 3 with a Bigger cast and more arcs AND GREAT MULTIPLAYER ONLINE!

or

An x-men RPG

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see an adventure game where you pick an X-Man and the entire gameplay shifts based on their powerset. I think it would be easier to use first person point of view, since you could save money & time by not needing to create 3-D assets. They could use dialogue options to give the player freedom of choice, and to help generate a more "Choose Your Own Adventure"-style of story instead of one set path. Character choice should influence the story dynamics, too - Emma could have a Hellfire Club level to track down the Black King whereas Magik might have one set in Egypt dealing with Selene for the same information, for example. There could even be levels that the majority of the cast goes through, highlighting the different ways they can "win" a mission - Magneto would deal with a Sentinel attack much differently than Wolverine would. There could even be the option of calling in Cypher, or Kitty Pryde being able to provide intel or mission support (i.e. you take Cypher on a mission with Iceman, and have Doug translate while Cyclops takes Kitty Pryde to handle stealth mission goals that he can't), while Prodigy can provide mission updates.

• If you choose a psychic w/telepathy like Emma Frost and/or telekinesis like Jean Grey, you would "hack" into thoughts of people to possess them or gain information, and you would use telekinesis to levitate, fire force blasts, and manipulate the environment. This mutant could conceivably beat a mission while physically standing in one place, just based on their ability to enter the minds of enemies that are around them.
    • A mutant with Wolverine or Wolfsbane's powerset would alternate between stealth, tracking enemies and objectives via indirect clues (i.e. tracking someone who smokes cigarettes using enhanced senses would enable you to see a trail of highlighted ash representing your enhanced smell and sight).
    • A mutant with Havok, or Cyclops abilities would have the option of going in blasting in a more direct way. This could either be a tactical, take-enemies-on-one-at-a-time approach, or a go-in-with-energy-blasts-blazing-and-clear-the-room or kill-'em-all-approach.
    • A mutant like Magneto, Polaris, Storm, or Dazzler would be a hybrid of the above approaches with quirky tricks.
    • And then you'd have the traditional bruisers like Colossus that could just go in an wreck things and hybrid bruisers, like Rogue or M, and etc.

I'd like to see a large variety of characters, with even minor quirks having major effects on gameplay or story progression:

1. Jean Grey
    2. Cyclops
    3. Iceman
    4. Storm
    5. Wolverine
    6. Polaris
    7. Magneto
    8. Dazzler
    9. Havok
    10. Wolfsbane
    11. Karma
    12. Rachel Grey
    13. Colossus
    14. M
    15. Rogue
    16. Sunspot
    17. Cannonball
    18. Banshee
    19. Siryn
    20. Magma
    21. Magik
    22. Richter
    23. Shatterstar
    24. Northstar
    25. Gambit
    26. X-23
    27. Boom Boom/Meltdown
    28. Nightcrawler
    29. Magma
    30. Iceman

I'd base the game in some unknown time period to avoid conflicting with continuity.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kid Apollo

while a big part of me wants to see an Xmen Legends 3 very badly, im kinda sold on the rpg idea. first you pick a school Xmen(for good guys), Brotherhood (no school i guess, for the bad guys), and Hellfire (for those who havent decided) and go through the process to graduate, at which point you can decide if you want to join the team that trained you or become a solo act. jam pack as many X-related characters as possible, have big power trees so you can really make the mutant you want to be. i know this is a small issue but a large costume database would be nice. i dono if any of you guys played Xmen Destiny but it had horrible costumes based off of other X characters. if they made an exhaustive database for it like AC: Unity has then you could really go for a certain look. and since its an Xmen game i would hope the mansion gets destroyed at least once. keep it out of continuity to open of the available characters/storylines

silvanoshei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So.... anyone played Marvel Heroes 2015?? Should I check it out?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

An X-men Tactics game like Final Fantasy Tactics!

Or

X-men Legends 3 with a Bigger cast and more arcs AND GREAT MULTIPLAYER ONLINE!

or

An x-men RPG

A LOOONG time ago i made one of these on RPG maker , it was fun lol but i have no idea where that is. It would be fun to see a professional one.

Also A MMO like Xmen Destiny, where you just ran through the X men world

Ingonyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men Legends is a good starting point -- a story-driven, real-time action-adventure game with RPG elements.

However, I'd revamp just about everything past that.

1) Roster: Give us a solid starting roster. Wolverine, Storm, and Cyclops are must-haves. Include some of the more popular members of the team in the core game -- for example, Jean Grey, Beast, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Colossus, and Gambit -- but keep that core roster about 12 characters or so. Anyone else that players want (Magik, Northstar, Banshee, Emma Frost, Jubilee, Shadowcat, Iceman, etc) could be made available through Skylanders- or Amiibo-type figures, so players have something tangible for the money they shell out rather than just having DLC. This way fans can pick and choose who they have on their team. If you love Polaris but hate Havok, for example, you can just buy her figure and leave him on the shelf.

There can also be figures of the core cast that feature alternate costumes -- Wolverine's brown-and-tan costume from the 80s, Storm's classic swimsuit-and-tiara look, Cyclops' blue-and-gold suit from the Jim Lee era, etc. Hell, there could be a whole boxed set of Jim Lee-era costumes for everyone from that time period.

2) Skills and Powers: I like the idea of skill trees like we see in Dragon Age, just with different sets of powers for each character. Jean Grey, for example, would get points to spend on telepathy, telekinesis, and Phoenix Force powers (pyrokinesis, teleportation, things that don't fit neatly in to one or the other category). Some characters would have skill trees that had nothing to do with their powers, like Gambit and Storm's 'Larceny' tree for thievery and lockpicking skills, or Cyclops and Xavier having a 'Leadership' skillset that lets them buff the party.

3) Worldbuilding: Another place where X-Men can learn from Dragon Age. Inquisiton comes with a link to a site called Dragon Age Keep, where players can customize a backstory for the world of Thedas based on their previous games. Using a set of branching story paths, the player can create his or her own X-Men continuity, where mutantkind is as powerful or endangered as you want them to be. A world where the Decimation was never reversed, or never happened in the first place, a Days of Future Past-esque dystopia, a world based on the Age of Apocalypse...any number of possibilities can arise based on your choices. You can also choose who's in charge depending on your actions. Did Cyclops stay married to Madelyne Pryor, leaving Storm and Xavier in charge? Are Jean Grey, Rachel, or Hope the avatar of the Phoenix Force? Is the team based in Salem Center, San Francisco, Utopia, Avalon, or even Limbo? Is Professor X walking, crippled, dead? Are Jean, Storm, Cyclops, Emma, Wolverine, or even Magneto headmaster of the institute? Does the Institute even exist? Depending on your choices, every player's X-Men team and experience could be unique. Moreover, you'd be able to bring your X-Men into your friends' worlds and fight their battles alongside them if you so choose.

4) New Characters: I like the idea of being able to create an original character, but I feel like it should be unlockable, by beating your team's personalized Story campaign or something like that. Their powers would be selected from a group of unique skill trees to make them stand out from the rest of the mutants. You can also personalize their personalities, appearances, costumes, from a wide variety of choices. Your character will also be your avatar for the multiplayer campaigns, along with a team of 5 or 6 of your favorite X-Men from your world.

5) Villains: Depending on the story branches you pick, you'd fight one of several possible overarching villainous threats. Magneto or Mystique and their Brotherhoods are one choice, obviously, but you'd also have the possibility of facing the Hellfire Club, the Phalanx, Bastion and the Prime Sentinels, the Purifiers, Cassandra Nova, even Selene and the armies of Necrosha.

It's an ambitious project, I know, but current-gen hardware could handle this and make it look good. I personally couldn't care less if we could count Wolverine's individual chest hairs, so long as the game is interesting and fun to play.

INCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A 3rd person game (with optional first person) that lets you hide the entire GUI so you don't see health bars or mini-maps or ANY indication of markers or waypoints etc. Also Wolverine (if used) would not have any superpower like moves. He'd fight more like an Assassin in his movements (think Altair or Ezio) with no other visual cues other than the blood spatter his claws were making.

It would also run at 60 frames per second and be playable at true 4k. So designed in Unreal Engine 4 it could produce the intended visual result.

Oh and it would involve the Sentinels, lots of them. It would also have some early establishing campaigns showing the original team of 5 before Giant Sized #1 happened.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I would LOVE Sqaure Enix to make an X-men game.

A straight up RPG.

Give Storm a Shiva from final fantasy X feel.
    Bring back the voice actors from Marvel vs Capcom 3

Give the game the X-men the same treatment as Final Fantasy X and play with popular storylines from the past and present. I would also appreciate mini-games.

No Caption Provided
    Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Immolation

@sprior93 said:

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

The inhumans

(Runs away laughing like a maniac)

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to be developed by Naughty Dog.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MasterOfEvil

A game that plays like a mix between Spiderman: Web of Shadows and God of War based on the Utopia saga. Mainly so it can end with Second Coming (my favorite X-men arc).

Heroes: You choose the x-men team to take on the level. Sometimes the games gives more based on the story (Giving you use of Vampire Jubilee during the Curse of the mutants level on top of your chosen characters).

Villains: During their time on Utopia, everyone threw everything they had at the Xmen. Vampires, Zombies, Dark Avengers, the Eternals that one time just to name a few. The game would have everything enemy they had during their stay up until Second Coming. AVX would be DLC.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would LOVE Sqaure Enix to make an X-men game.

A straight up RPG.

Give Storm a Shiva from final fantasy X feel.

Bring back the voice actors from Marvel vs Capcom 3

Give the game the X-men the same treatment as Final Fantasy X and play with popular storylines from the past and present. I would also appreciate mini-games.

Honestly X-Men sometimes feels like a Square Enix game, and I think if they're team did a original story for the game it would be awesome. I love this idea.

A game that plays like a mix between Spiderman: Web of Shadows and God of War based on the Utopia saga. Mainly so it can end with Second Coming (my favorite X-men arc).

Heroes: You choose the x-men team to take on the level. Sometimes the games gives more based on the story (Giving you use of Vampire Jubilee during the Curse of the mutants level on top of your chosen characters).

Villains: During their time on Utopia, everyone threw everything they had at the Xmen. Vampires, Zombies, Dark Avengers, the Eternals that one time just to name a few. The game would have everything enemy they had during their stay up until Second Coming. AVX would be DLC.

THIS is a game I would totally play....AvX levels would be a must have....though I'd be so disappointed in myself for enjoying them.

I would like to be developed by Naughty Dog.

Co-Sign

Naughty Dog can do know wrong. Plus they've got the experience with both realistic and fantasy genres that could make it any combination of setting or character a experience. (as it should be)

I kind of put off coming back to this thread since i first made it (despite multiple bumps) but really everyone really has good ideas in this one...and it seems like the story and gameplay elements would be great to experience for most of them. X-Men Legends 3 FTW.

MarcusAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to be able to play as my favorite xmen

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: so I double checked and found the Schism, not Second Coming, comes before AvX. Wasn't sure about it at first, but here's a preview of the final boss fight:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

THIS with web of shadows and god of war game play would insane! Then the AVX DLC.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: so I double checked and found the Schism, not Second Coming, comes before AvX. Wasn't sure about it at first, but here's a preview of the final boss fight:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

THIS with web of shadows and god of war game play would insane! Then the AVX DLC.

LMAO, You are absolutely right....I mean..damn. I'm picturing that you play the schism arc from Cyclops point of view, then from Wolverines and then after you beat both up to a certain point you get to choose who to finish the game as in the fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@sprior93 said:

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: it'd likely be you choosing one for the one on one fight (for which ending you get) then you choosing your line-up for the Giga-Sentinel

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofevil: Double boss fight? Then you either get a cutscene of Cyclops creating his Extinction team and a sequel hook of Mr. Sinister and his clones OR Wolverine rebuilding the school and a sequel hook of the New Hellfire Club.... awesome, I love it. It's very rare that I see a story idea (much less a game) that makes me frustrated that I can't have it.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: btw, the AVX dlc would mostly follow the storyline but the draw would be when you beat it, unlock the avengers, and can replay the game with them

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.