Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What Will The Next X-Men Movie Be?

• 117 results
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_
    No Caption Provided
    The great thing about the X-Men is that there are virtually a limitless number of characters to choose from. Not only are there dozens of different characters, but there is an abundance of plot lines and story arcs that could easily transcend from  the pages of Marvel comics, onto the big screen. So far there have been four film adaptations of the X-Men, and with the success of the fourth film, Wolverine: Origins, Fox entertainment quickly confirmed that fans of the films can expect to see a lot more X-Men coming their way. The question is, which film?

Wolverine: Origins not only told the story of Logan, "Wolverine," but the film also introduced many X-characters that are well known in the pages of comics, but not so known in the realm of the movie goer. Audiences got to know Gambit, Emma Frost, and Deadpool to name a few; and by bringing these popular comic book characters to the big screen, the flood gates were opened and it thus allowed Fox to start thinking about how else they can cash in on the popular comic characters.
    Rumors have circulated that there are several films currently in the works. Among them are Deadpool,
    No Caption Provided
    which would star Ryan Reynolds, Wolverine 2, Magneto, which would tell the origin story of the Master of Magnetism and delve into his relationship with Professor Charles Xavier; and First Class, a film centered around the original X-Men and would star Beast, Cyclops, and Jean Grey. Film maker David Goyer has been rumored to be behind the X-Men Origins: Magneto film. In an interview with MTV, he recently told them that Fox is a little bit up in the air about who audiences can expect to see next.
    “There have been some preliminary discussions,” Goyer told the site. “I think, at Fox, they’re trying to decide if making a young X-Men film makes the most sense next, does making a ‘Magneto’ make the most sense next. They’re just trying to decide internally who’s next up.”
    A Young X-Men film does seem to make sense, but with the first two, it feels as though we have seen this story play out before. I personally feel like they can go directly into a Magneto film; the man is a legend and has already been introduced in previous X-Men films. It would also be pretty interesting to see a "House of M" film adaptation, rather than a re-telling of Magneto's relationship with Charles Xavier. In the end, it does seem like there is a lot of speculation about what film we can expect to see. What do you guys want to see? What do you personally think is the most logical film to release in terms of sequential order? I'm bracing myself for all the Deadpool fan-boys right about now...Just kidding guys. :)

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By XRiskyX

Hm... I might make a daring proposal:

Why not make a "New X-Men" movie and introduce even some more characters like Dust, Rockslide and Anole among other. I would totally love to see Hellion, Elixier and Surge in it too. I think young audiences could relate better to them (if it is done correctly). They have a more actual topics normally (with Dust being Muslim, Anole being gay and all) and promise a lot of action and drama.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized
    @Risky said:
    " Hm... I might make a daring proposal:Why not make a "New X-Men" movie and introduce even some more characters like Dust, Rockslide and Anole among other. I would totally love to see Hellion, Elixier and Surge in it too. I think young audiences could relate better to them (if it is done correctly). They have a more actual topics normally (with Dust being Muslim, Anole being gay and all) and promise a lot of action and drama. "
    i think i'd prefer that as a cartoon than an actual movie. They're barely present in comics now, how can money be expected off of characters no one has any attachments to?
    Deo Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Deo Wade

If they're going to be like Origins...None. I'm disillusioned by Marvel's treatment of the X Franchise as of late.

shankarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By shankarma

frist class  is a go

cadaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cadaver

They should have quit when they were ahead.

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By XRiskyX
    @pixelized said:
    " @Risky said:
    " Hm... I might make a daring proposal:Why not make a "New X-Men" movie and introduce even some more characters like Dust, Rockslide and Anole among other. I would totally love to see Hellion, Elixier and Surge in it too. I think young audiences could relate better to them (if it is done correctly). They have a more actual topics normally (with Dust being Muslim, Anole being gay and all) and promise a lot of action and drama. "
    i think i'd prefer that as a cartoon than an actual movie. They're barely present in comics now, how can money be expected off of characters no one has any attachments to?
    "
    True, you are right. Why does it always have to be about money? But at least it is more original than another "origins" movie. The pure thought of something entirely new may spark interest. I can already see the TV-spot. lol

dark screen

narrator voice:
    Meet the NEW X-Men.

giant steel X is stamped on the dark screen and some fancy graffiti like script writes NEW on it

Now we see the some of the New X-Men in bad@$$ action while Narrator calls their names over a dramtic drum sound

narrator voice
    : In cinemas soon
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEGRAAF

well if they take in to consideration the very very end of X3, i think they can start creating ONSLAUGHT. I think that would be cool. That is just one suggestion tho

WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WonderBoy1132

first class all the way!!!!!

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By G'bandit

No Caption Provided

DEADPOOL WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NUMERO UNO!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDD

Then Magneto :)

No Caption Provided

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LastSon1027

I can tell you one thing Babs, those horrid leather uniforms have got to go. I hate those things. I would much rather see the true to comic uniforms. Other than that I would like to see more Wolverine but not completely bastardized like the last film. I would love a Captain Mar-Vell or Ms. Marvel movie.

Dex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dex

I wish in general they would stop making X-men movies and just make a good TV-series.. It's hard to capture all the stuff happening in X-men in the 1 1/2 hour long movie...It always turn into something different than it was......for example...Deadpool in wolverine orgins.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PrinceIMC

Age of Apocalypse: The Movie! Yes that would be awesome.

Watchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Watchman

Why don't they switch over to the Marvel franchise to do it Justice?

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By XRiskyX
    @PrinceIMC said:
    " Age of Apocalypse: The Movie! Yes that would be awesome. "
    Agreed!! But it would have to be a trilogy or it would suck horribly I think. Whole AoA in 90 or 120 minutes? I doubt so.
    mr.drac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By mr.drac

I believe they should make a really crappy apocalypes x-men movie. but instead the x-men fail and the whole world gets enslaved and apocalypes rules the world. which ends the whole x-men series except for the origins movies. but after the credits it shows like the earth burning and stuff. but it zooms out with deadpool,wolverine,and sabertooth standing there. and deadpool says some deadpool type joke. and then wolverine pops claws, deadpool grabs swords, and sabertooth pops claws.a nd they all go rushing at apocalypes. then freeze frame.  Narrarator: to be continued in _______ ( insert really awesome movie name)

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King Quisling

The Shi'ar Empire should be introduced in the next film. And the third film should be renamed "WHAT IF? X-Men: The Last Stand" 

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jefprice

someone at Fox also confirmed they're planning a X4 that they would like to see the cast of X3 come back, and that they would like to relaunch a new set of 2 or 3 films that would follow the same formula as the other 3. This means we could finally get to see Angel in a X Suit. I'll have to see if I can find the story, but it seems like a very good and exciting thought. Bring Wolverine, Beast, Angel, Kitty, Storm, Colossus and then there has been talk for a long time about getting a recast for Nightcrawler for a upcoming film. So we may see him join in. I was told the guy who played Gambit said something about coming back for an X Film as well.

This would make for a very nice cast and very a very exciting film. Almost has a Clairmont feel to the line up. While it's not set in stone by any means, from what I've read it sounds as though this has been a idea in the head of Hughs for awhile now though and that he was hoping that Wolverine would bring the X-films back into the lime light. I've also read that the gent who played Multiple man was talked to about coming back so prehaps we'll get to see him in action? 
    Dr. Maxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18  Edited By Dr. Maxwell

They've driven the franchise into the ground IMO, X3, Wolverine Origins........you're done

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tyler Starke

Do you think Hugh Jackman will ever wear the mask, even for just 3 seconds as a joke in one of the movies?

TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheBug

I would not say that the audience got to know Emma Frost. 

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pixelized
    @King Quisling said:
    " The Shi'ar Empire should be introduced in the next film. 
    i'd cry if Liliandra walked across the screen.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Risky: Maybe not a trilogy but two movies shot at the same time like Pirates 2 and 3 or the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

But if they do a Magneto movie they could kinda start it there. Do a regular Magneto origin movie but then shoot one scene (for after the credits or only seen on the special edition DVD) when he and Xavier are friends and Legion appears out of nowhere trying to kill Magneto but, kills Xavier.

Then one movie establishing the timeline of the Age of Apocalypse, Magneto founding the X-Men in his friend's honor and at the end they find out Legion was Xavier's son from the future. Then the second movie is all about sending someone back to stop him and holding off Apocalypse long enough to do it. Have cameos by Robert Downey Jr. and whoever's playing Thor and such leading the humans. But new cast for the X-Men, cept the same Magneto as from the Magneto origin movie.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

As long as their is actual talent behind these movies, i say go ahead. Looking forward to Magneto

Sednahq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sednahq

It's really difficult coz Grey and Xavier are already dead in the movies and it is really hard to revive a person in movies. But I would really like to see the Helfire club and the relationship between Gambit and Rogue.

MrSinister616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrSinister616

After Fox's last two attempts does anyone really want to see them butcher another one

Granted that Wolverine wasnt as bad as the third but it still was not that great.  I think that if the take their time, don't overload it with characters like they did in the last two and get a director like Singer that respects the mythology, then you might have something but I have lost faith in Fox having brains so don't you guys get your hopes up to much.

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By XRiskyX
    @PrinceIMC: Well, normally I favour movies that are as close to the commics as possible (Sin City was ideal) and I just don't see the whole AoA storyline in two movies (honestly not even in three but then we have to cut out some things like the freaky crystal thing).
    Avatar image for mindbullets1372
    MindBullets1372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MindBullets1372
    @MrSinister616:  Definitely agree. also, they need to amp up the graphics if they make any kind of X-Men  related movie. After watching Wolvie's flick i was very disappointed in the IG. I dont know what they have to do,  throw more money at it or what, but i hope that the Deadpool movie and any X-Men movies in the future need to have better graphics. They raised the bar in Iron man so they should keep it up.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Risky: Yeah but the whole AoA story was spread across all the X-men books. The movie could be more contained. Don't need to have Generation Next, X-Calibre, X-Man, Gambit and the X-Ternals and such. Just contain it to the main storylines from Amazing and Astonishing X-men books.
    Avatar image for james_proudstar
    James Proudstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By James Proudstar

frankly, the horror of "x-men 3" and "wolverine" make me doubt if i want to see another movie

however, a gambit movie, guest-starring rogue could be good

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jefprice
    @Risky: I think it was Hugh who said he was aware of Apoc and would love to do a X1/X2 style 2 part film that would tackle it. But the thing is...Would the studio make it?
    SuperXAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By SuperXAsh

How about they just pull a "Superman Returns" and ignore all the crap after X2???? :P

Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@G'bandit said:
    "
    No Caption Provided

DEADPOOL WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NUMERO UNO!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDD

Then Magneto :)

No Caption Provided
    "
    I agree, but I can see Magneto's movie being boring well if its an Origins, so i'd rather it be as suggested a House of M movie
    Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By Neverpraying

DEADPOOL rules, but the origins screwed him up. So if they do make a origins movie of him, they better not mess up.

prez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By prez

How come MARVEL Film company take over the rights of Xmen to relaunch it. A xmen movie that gambit is at the present. Emma frost woulb be a hottie. Rogue can do something good and FIGHT something that she didnt do. oh yeah Genoshia.

Avatar image for mysteriousblack
    MysteriousBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MysteriousBlack
    @LastSon1027 said:
    "I can tell you one thing Babs, those horrid leather uniforms have got to go. I hate those things. I would much rather see the true to comic uniforms. Other than that I would like to see more Wolverine but not completely bastardized like the last film. I would love a Captain Mar-Vell or Ms. Marvel movie. "

Would you really want to see Hugh Jackman running around in Yellow/Blue spandex with skyhigh edges on his mask, and bright blue boots? XD Nice as that looks in comics, in real life I'd rather not touch anything wearing that.

Besides, I would rather see either Magneto, Apocalypse, or Mystique origins movie... :P
    Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think they should do  a Deadpool movie first.

Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By EisforExtinction

They make up their own back story so much they almost have to rewrite every X-Men story in order to make it fit with the movie continuity.

MindBullets1372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MindBullets1372

Perhaps. awesome idea. throw in a little bit of Apocalypse madness or  get really weird with Onslaught. I mean those are some serious ideas but if they really became committed on one of them i think it could work more so with Apocalypse. But with Onslaught they could pull it out with a X-men movie then tie it back in with the Avengers? just a idea

No Caption Provided

MARCO30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MARCO30

HOW ABOUT BRINING IN MR SINSTER HE HAS SCOTT WHO NEVER DIED NOW TEAMED UP WITH HIS BROTHER HAVOK WHO ALL WORK FOR  Apocalypse ALSO HAVE EMMA FROST AS A X-MAN BRING BACK NIGHT CRAWLER GAMBIT ADD ON CABLE AND DOMINO TO BRING SOME EDGE TO THE MOVIES BECAUSE WOLVRINE IS NOT IT

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By sora_thekey

Maybe this would be a good oportunity to introduce characters that although are part of the X-Men Universe aren't neceserally X-Men....
    Such as New Mutans, Exiles, X-Factor, or even X-Static

Also it would be better than to do origin stories just do a story arc..... Days of the Future Past, House of m or something!

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By Dreadmaster

Eh, i would watch them but i think Fox is taking too much liberties on these X-Men films, and the outfits are just horrible, they really need to do something for these films.

MindBullets1372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MindBullets1372
    @MARCO30:  Man I would love too see Cable on the big screen and if you put Cable on the table the possibilities of characters are endless, X-force, X-Factor, freak in Bishop just to throw some out there. But from what you said reminds me of the X-Cutioner's Song series. it has a redick gallery of X-men characters, i think all you named expect for Night Crawler. 
    No Caption Provided

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By goldenkey

sick of magneto, try a new villan, one preferably not human like stryker, why has there not been a apacalypse yet, and it's time to start character developing some other characters other then wolverine.  cyclops was barely in the second one, and killed to early in the third.  why not  use him more. 

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#44  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

If they can make a Deadpool Movie that's not part of Origins then they can make a Emma Frost movie the same way, I would like to see X-Men: Frist Class, we'd get to see younger actors of Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Storm, and so forth. I would like to see X-Men 4, but I doubt it'll happen, I wouldn't mind seeing maybe a Mystque movie, or maybe Kitty Pryde

MindBullets1372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MindBullets1372
    @War Killer:  I would love to see those bad-ass chicks on the big screen in tights. Problem is that they only push movies for characters that have a wide fan base that will generate the big bucks. It kind seems like they only make movies for the peeps that don't read comics (little harsh) but kind of true.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#46  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @MindBullets1372 said:
    "@War Killer:  I would love to see those bad-ass chicks on the big screen in tights. Problem is that they only push movies for characters that have a wide fan base that will generate the big bucks. It kind seems like they only make movies for the peeps that don't read comics (little harsh) but kind of true. "

Emma would bring in alot, but Kitty with her fanbase would bring in alot more probably
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By Meteorite

I reckon they could make an " X-Men Origins: Cyclops"  movie, telling Cyclops's origin with Mister Sinister as the main villain.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The Psyentist
    @MARCO30 said:
    " HOW ABOUT BRINING IN MR SINSTER HE HAS SCOTT WHO NEVER DIED NOW TEAMED UP WITH HIS BROTHER HAVOK WHO ALL WORK FOR  Apocalypse ALSO HAVE EMMA FROST AS A X-MAN BRING BACK NIGHT CRAWLER GAMBIT ADD ON CABLE AND DOMINO TO BRING SOME EDGE TO THE MOVIES BECAUSE WOLVRINE IS NOT IT "
    I kind of like the idea of bringing Scott back, and Sinister would be a great way to do that and add a great new villain to the movies. And I'd be glad to see Emma Frost.
    DorianOtten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DorianOtten

I'd like to see an x-men film that doesn't feckin focus virtually entirely on Wolverene i'm pretty sick of him by this stage, he's completly ubiquitous and over rated.
    Don't get me wrong i do fairly like him but i just think he should step aside. They'll never let him though he's too much of a cash cow whih is why i doubt there'll ever be a first class film since he didnt't come along til later. Cyclops was always my favorite but the films have him as a whiney little b!!!h. Anyone agree with me on either Cyclops or Wolverene? Sorry lads don't mean to sound preachy but none of my mates are into comics so they don't care and just wanted to say it. I've been dying to rant about that! lol

Dex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dex

The question would be who would play emma frost....? Tara Reid?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.