Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

what is pixies mutant power?

clarkiie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By clarkiie

hey guys, this is my first post on comic vine. i've been visiting the site for a while and finally decided to make an account :)

i was just wondering what megan gwynn's mutant power is, ive read that she is half mutant and half fairy but i havent read anything that actually specifies what her mutation is.

i though that the wings and pixie dust were from her fairy ancestry and her magic powers were given to her by magik and the whole bloodstone situation, if thats the case, what makes her a mutant?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By dangallant984

Yeah, they've said the same sort of thing about Angel and Nightcrawler, And Wolverine, I think..

Also, characters such as Cable and Rachel aren't technically mutants, since they don't have any traits that their mothers didn't have, but you can see why they identify as such.

ooh, or Polaris..

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@dangallant984 said:

Yeah, they've said the same sort of thing about Angel and Nightcrawler, And Wolverine, I think..

Also, characters such as Cable and Rachel aren't technically mutants, since they don't have any traits that their mothers didn't have, but you can see why they identify as such.

ooh, or Polaris..

Actually Cable and Rachel have time manipulation abilities tied to the astral plane that are latent in Cable (but accessed during the Legion Quest) and were Rachels actual mutant power as it was said she merely inherited telepathy and telekinesis from Jean, but they just don't talk about it anymore.

Polaris also has a mutant outside of the power she inherited from her father, she has the power to absorb negative emotions to increase her size, strength and durability, not to mention her being Magnetos daughter is a retcon, the first time she was stated to be his daughter was due to being mind controlled by Mesmero and it was a Magneto robot IIRC, but she wasn't Magnetos daughter and that was in 1968, the retcon was 35 years later.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Welsh awesomeness ^_^

That is her greatest power :P

clarkiie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By clarkiie

i think they just tried to make her a bit more interesting but they've removed her mutant powers in the process :(

To be honest, she doesn't really deserve a place in the x-men (even though she is one of my favorite characters) unless they say that either the wings or the pixie dust are actually mutant abilities and not just from her fairy relatives. it could be a good thing if she leaves the x-men though, she could focus on her magic powers more and maybe become a sorcerer supreme once she has learnt enough magic.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I believe Brian Wood through his marvelous tenure on Adjectiveless established that Pixie is indeed a mutant. One of the very best, in fact.

No Caption Provided
    clarkiie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By clarkiie

@AgeofHurricane: but whats her mutant ability?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dangallant984

@LordOfAllHumans: ooh, forgot about the time manipulation stuff, good call. Although, considering that Xavier hid Jean's telepathy from her until he thought she could handle it, I wouldn't be surprised if they retconed her to have had those powers too.

As for Polaris, I thought she had those additional powers due to her possession by Malice.. or was it the Shadow King? oh, poor Polaris..

@clarkiie: She's a super powered teenager with wings, that seems like justification enough for her to be with the X-men.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@dangallant984 said:

@LordOfAllHumans: ooh, forgot about the time manipulation stuff, good call. Although, considering that Xavier hid Jean's telepathy from her until he thought she could handle it, I wouldn't be surprised if they retconed her to have had those powers too.

As for Polaris, I thought she had those additional powers due to her possession by Malice.. or was it the Shadow King? oh, poor Polaris..

@clarkiie: She's a super powered teenager with wings, that seems like justification enough for her to be with the X-men.

I can see something like that happening with Jean lol.

For Polaris her secondary mutation activated when Zaladane stole her magnetic powers. Shadow King used her ability to absorb negative energy to increase the power he had when he was possessing Legion.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I think it's specifically the pixie dust (not the wings and other fairy features), which i don't think the magics from that were innate and given to her through ancestral inheritance. The PD makes her opponents see funky illusions, the Wyngarde family (of which she's a member of) specialize solely in the art of illusion-making, a family, mutant, power. The pixie dust is probably her own way of expressing said lineal power, considering she's half fairy and all, it must have been some sort of amalgamation. Makes sense.

clarkiie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By clarkiie

@AgeofHurricane said:

I think it's specifically the pixie dust (not the wings and other fairy features), which i don't think the magics from that were innate and given to her through ancestral inheritance. The PD makes her opponents see funky illusions, the Wyngarde family (of which she's a member of) specialize solely in the art of illusion-making, a family, mutant, power. The pixie dust is probably her own way of expressing said lineal power, considering she's half fairy and all, it must have been some sort of amalgamation. Makes sense.

yeah, that makes the most sense.

@dangallant984 said:

if that's the case nearly everyone in the whole marvel universe would be eligible to join the x-men

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dangallant984

@AgeofHurricane said:

I like this explanation.

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Xorion

You don't have to get a power to be a mutant. Having an X-gene is enough like that singer guy with blue body colour.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dangallant984
    No Caption Provided

@Xorion said:

You don't have to get a power to be a mutant. Having an X-gene is enough like that singer guy with blue body colour.

or this poor shmuck..

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Xorion

@dangallant984: well he was the first one that came to my mind but he gives me the creeps :)

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tomchu

@clarkiie:

I always saw it this way:

Mutation: How she looks, her wings

Magik's Influence: Her Soul Dagger, her teleportation discs, her dust.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DarkDay

@AgeofHurricane said:

Best Mutation Ever
    Best Mutation Ever

@Xorion said:

Also, Jazz's power was being blue. And being a drug dealer...I guess...

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.