Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What comes after House of M?

Nijis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nijis

I just finished House of M and I was wondering what to read next

Thanks, I appreciate any help

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Decimation

Nijis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nijis

so this?

http://www.amazon.com/Decimation-X-Men-Generation-Paul-Jenkins/dp/0785119582/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347318843&sr=8-1&keywords=Decimation%3A+X-Men+-+Generation+M

tylertothemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By tylertothemax

@Nijis: I was in the same boat you were in. I skipped Decimation because it was too open ended for me, i.e. too many spin offs. I went straight to Messiah CompleX and i don't feel like i missed much. I would recommend reading Messiah CompleX. If you still feel like you are missing some issues/graphic novels after you read MC, i would just pick up the specific issues/novels that you think you need to fill you in.

Nijis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nijis

Thanks! I've checked out both Decimation and Messiah Complex from the library.

tylertothemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tylertothemax

@Nijis: no problem! i've been doing a ton of research on Marvel stuff since i'm making the Marvel to DC switch. I love sharing my geek knowledge with anyone that will listen.

CoastCityBlues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CoastCityBlues

Messiah Complex! You're getting into the INCREDIBLY AMAZING stuff! :P I'm jealous!

beztet9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By beztet9

Thanks for the good advice everyone! I am new to comic vine and new to comics (or atleast buying them) Quick question: should i read decimation in order to find out what happens to Prof. X? I got messiah complex and am reading it now and hes in it. So wtf happened with him??? Can someone lead me in the right direction? I went from house of m> messiah complex> missiah war> Xschism> AVX. I have only read House of M and Xschism/ AVX. Just trying to fill the gaps, what else do i need to buy? Thanks!

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0
    MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read Deadly Genesis too. You might like it

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tylertothemax: Oh man, if you went from House of M straight to Messiah Complex you missed some of the greatest X-Men stories.

Peter David's Madrox mini series and the following ongoing X-Factor is fantastic. It ties in directly with House of M and Messiah Complex. Highly recommended.

X-Men vol 2 188-204 (Collected in TPB as Supernovas and Blinded by the Light) ties in with the start of Messiah Complex. It focuses on a very different X-Men lineup lead by Rogue, and has some great Chris Bachalo art.

Endangered Species is a prelude to Messiah Complex that focuses on Beast. I feel it really illustrates how serious and desperate the situation is for the X-Men leading up to Messiah Complex.

I have heard people say good things about Kyle and Yost's New X-Men although I haven't read it myself.

Last but certainly not least is Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run. This takes place just before Messiah Complex and is required reading for all X-Men fans.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.