Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What are your favorite X-Overs?

MicroSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MicroSoft

Talking about X-Men crossover for those of you not familiar with the term. To be specific, crossovers that are restricted to the X books.

My favorite is Mutant Massacre. It is one of the crossovers where the books share a theme, and do not actually crossover. For a hard crossover where each book contains a essential piece of the story, my favorite is X-Tinction Agenda.

Which crossovers were your favorites?

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Immolation

Mutant Massacre. It is one of my facorite X-Men stories in general.

Muir Island Saga for one where all issues are essential. Fabian Nicizea did a good job at emulating Claremont's style, so it read well. I never thought that Claremont and Simonson meshed well. There was a obvious change in writing style from issue to issue when they would work together.

MicroSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mutant Massacre. It is one of my facorite X-Men stories in general.

Muir Island Saga for one where all issues are essential. Fabian Nicizea did a good job at emulating Claremont's style, so it read well. I never thought that Claremont and Simonson meshed well. There was a obviois change in writing style from issue to issue when they would work together.

I really liked the Claremont/Simonson crossovers, but yeah. There was a difference in writing style but I didn't mind. I enjoyed both of their styles.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Second Coming, without question. Aside from X-factor, everyone got involve for that story and the stakes were as high as they were for that story. Favorite part was the battle on the bridge. No speech balloons or sound effects, just gorgeous art and an army of Nimrods vs the A-list x-men.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think any of them are that good, however, if I had to pick one I would say Inferno.

The X-Men titles were pretty tragic with the X-Men dealing with the corruption of their friend and themselves, the original, more mystical and mysterious version of Mr Sinister, the confrontation between X-Factor and the X-Men, it was pretty rounded out. It's just too bad 2/3 of the X-Factor contribution was pointless and the New Mutants were a waste, considering Magik should have been the central focus of the story.....oh well, blame Simonson again I guess. Even the Excalibur arc that dealt with Inferno was great even though it wasn't considered officially part of the crossover.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Inferno, and I love Messiah Complex.

I like everything but The 12, AvX and BotA. I'll defend anything else I think.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I usually hate Simonson's New Mutants. In my opinion, it was so bad that the inclusion of Rob Liefield actually made it better, because Cable. But I think that the Inferno tie ins were the best New Mutants issues that she wrote.

Inferno was a pretty good crossover. The main thing that I didn't like was the build up to it. X-Terminators was hard to get through, but once you get to the issues that say Inferno on the cover, it's pretty good.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@koays said:

I like everything but The 12, AvX and BotA. I'll defend anything else I think.

Even this...

?
    ?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: Wait is that the 1st 2nd or 3rd one?

The last two are great paper weights.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Invain

@koays: That's the first one. They're all great paper weights imo. Not good for much else tho.

I never actually read the third one. I bought the first two issues and that's as far as I got.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mutant Massacre

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I usually hate Simonson's New Mutants. In my opinion, it was so bad that the inclusion of Rob Liefield actually made it better, because Cable. But I think that the Inferno tie ins were the best New Mutants issues that she wrote.

Inferno was a pretty good crossover. The main thing that I didn't like was the build up to it. X-Terminators was hard to get through, but once you get to the issues that say Inferno on the cover, it's pretty good.

I really dislike Simonson's New Mutants...and I actually agree with you about the Liefeld stuff. I have trouble with the New Mutants Inferno arc because it should have been the culmination of Claremonts journey of the character of Magik.....which likely would have been a tragic situation like Magik going Dark Phoenix or becoming the evil demoness in Limbo she was being teased as.....but they gave up on it and just reverted her back to her original age, kind of nullifying and ruining the character in my eyes. What the heck was the point of her character for years if they were just going to revert her back to some innocent little kid??

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: It makes sense when you think of Magik as a metaphor for child sexual abuse. Belasco stole her childhood. Unlike other victims of abuse she was able to get it back, which was a beautiful thing.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cattlebattle

@tristanheron said:

@cattlebattle: It makes sense when you think of Magik as a metaphor for child sexual abuse. Belasco stole her childhood. Unlike other victims of abuse she was able to get it back, which was a beautiful thing.

I am aware of the metaphor and it makes it make even less sense if you just absolve the characters problems easily without some sort of blow back. The set up to that characters downfall was torpedoed completely by having her just revert back to her original incarnation. It would be like having Wolverine go through this near 15 year arc of learning to suppress his feral, savage nature to feel more like a genuine hero and then, after ripping his adamantium out, having him become feral and savage again undoing all his characters progress.....oh wait, that is actually a thing that happened.

There was years of teasing that Illyana is conflicted by her literal and figurative demons before she would finally give in. Simonson had no interest in Magik's arc or dealing with Limbo really any further, hence why she reverted back her back into her original state.....easiest way to write her out.

NetherlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Inferno, Muir Island Saga, X-Cutioner's Song, Mutant Massacre, Fall of Mutants, and Fatal Attractions. X-Tinction Agenda was okay, but it had to much of that Simonson writing. I have not cared for most modern crossovers but Second Coming and Messiah Complex were okay.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.