Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What are some relationships that never happened you wanna see?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

So what are some romantic pairings that have never happened you really wanna see? It can be with characters outside of the X-Men.

• Magik and Loki - I think it be so interesting to see Loki in love again after the tragedy that happened with Leah in Journey into Mystery and Magik deserves some happiness after the past decade. I also think Magik would really be into a guy like Loki who is kinda a bad boy :P
    • Emma Frost and Quicksilver - They kinda have more in common then either of them would likely admit and I think they would work well together.
    • Boom Boom and The Human Torch - I think they would be a super fun couple.
    • Quinine Quire and Mindee Cuckoo - I think they have tried to hint that these character like each other over the years and they would be so adorable together.
    • Rachel Grey and Spider-Man - They argue a lot in a way that makes me think there is an attraction.
    • Scott Summers and Maria Hill - Scott needs to date someone outside of the X-Men and Maria needs to get a boy friend for once. >.< I also think they are two of the only people to really know what its like to have all of your action carry the weight of the world.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Spidey and Rogue

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This thread is going to bother me more then it should.

Honestly romance in comics seems like its more damaging then anything else. People only get together so they can have a "will they won't they" vibe and then do a "struggle and break up" arc.

I don't have it in me to do this to myself and honestly I hate crack pairings, so I'm just gonna leave this complaint and keep moving.

Sincerely, Grumpy Koays

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: You're just describing relationships not just relationships in comics. :V We don't know what will last and what wont. If something last a decade before breaking it up was still an important part of the characters lives. And it's a bad way to look at anything in comics. Like when i read an issue of Spider-Man I kinda know the bad guy fighting spider-man isn't going to kill him, but i still enjoy the ride. /shrug

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't need anymore monogamous relationships. Everyone should be polyamorous.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Lol Actually I was talking about Kitty Pryde, whose last 3 character arcs in books she's been a cast member in over the last 10 years went..."Meet Love,Plot Struggle, Break Up, Meet Love". I mean it doesn't even require further examination because thats been pretty much the only focus she's gotten as a character.

The writers don't have the ability (or the drive) to flesh out relationships beyond the standard check points of that type of story arc. ("I like you", "Should we try?", "I don't like what your doing", "Lets break up")

The fact is that relationships have become more plot devices then anything else and in the current state of X-Men books where the majority of characters, emotions and interactions are underwritten....well it's not exactly helpful to add a predictable plotline to characters who can barely establish there own characteristics alone...let alone with another character temporarily attached to them.

Lol again...this is was mostly just me getting off of work grumpy; but i do have a problem with the constant portrayals of relationships in comics taking over a characters identity only to be casually discarded once its run a predictable course. Just need good relationship writing.

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goldballs and 05 Jean Grey or Goldballs and all 3 of the stepford sisters.

Adult cyclops and anyone Wolverine ever dated.

Sabertooth and X-23 let them explain that to wolverine when he get back

Old man logan and storm. Cause it's weird. Also wolverines face if he came back and saw that.

on a serious note. Cyclops and Warbird. Cause why not they would wreck together.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye

Moonstar and Cannonball

Dazzler and Banshee

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye

Moonstar and Cannonball

Dazzler and Banshee

Moonstar and Cannonball did happen for a short moment. Wish they continued instead of Dani falling for Nate Grey.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderman and storm

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers) and Deadpool

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Teerack

@koays said:

@teerack: Lol Actually I was talking about Kitty Pryde, whose last 3 character arcs in books she's been a cast member in over the last 10 years went..."Meet Love,Plot Struggle, Break Up, Meet Love". I mean it doesn't even require further examination because thats been pretty much the only focus she's gotten as a character.

The writers don't have the ability (or the drive) to flesh out relationships beyond the standard check points of that type of story arc. ("I like you", "Should we try?", "I don't like what your doing", "Lets break up")

The fact is that relationships have become more plot devices then anything else and in the current state of X-Men books where the majority of characters, emotions and interactions are underwritten....well it's not exactly helpful to add a predictable plotline to characters who can barely establish there own characteristics alone...let alone with another character temporarily attached to them.

Lol again...this is was mostly just me getting off of work grumpy; but i do have a problem with the constant portrayals of relationships in comics taking over a characters identity only to be casually discarded once its run a predictable course. Just need good relationship writing.

Well okay sure Kitty hasn't been written very well in the main continuity for the past few years, but that doesn't mean all comic relationships are pointless. There are lots of failed ones sure but ever few years there is normally at least one keeper like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones or Madrox and Lyra. I think with Cannonball having a kid him and Smasher will likely last unless one of them dies or something. Even a failed relationship has a big impact on things. If it wasn't for Scott and Emma I don't think Emma would still be a good guy right now. If it wasn't for Scott and Jean the dynamic of Scott and Logan would have been insanely different. Rogue and Gambit aren't together but they're relationship is a lot deeper then normal friendships cause of their past relationship. Even ones that don't seem to matter much right now like Havok and Polaris were still a huge part of the character mythos. They were together for like what almost 40 years? There was a lot of fun stories with them out in space and stuff. If you even just look at the Marvel Universe as a whole Vision and Wanda's relationship is what lead us to this point in the time line right now with Disassemble being kind of the starting point for modern marvel comics. So I do think relationships are pretty significant. (Tho I kinda like BFF's in comics more then anything :P )

I will also say that marvel has seemed to change it's focus and philosophies on what makes a good comic in the past 5 years mostly starting after what Fraction did with Hawkeye. They finally understand that character drives story and not the other way around which is why so many of their current solo books are so focused on the heroes actual lives.

I can for sure understand the frustrations from being disappointed over and over again about characters relationships. I mean my favorite comic run and relationship of all time was Gillian's Journey into Mystery run and I don't know if I could really emotionally handle going through a tragedy like Leah and Loki again without becoming very bleak about the idea of relationships all together. :P

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about Storm and Quicksilver in the 616 universe? She's one of the few characters I think doesn't lose much with a partner due to her strong sense of self, and 616 Pietro definitely has more than enough hotheadedness that he could learn something from her. I actually liked their AoA pairing, even if that was an alternate reality so technically "happened" - there was actually warmth from both characters and these versions seemed to benefit.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ehhh. I'm not a fan of all these relationships in comics. They don't last and it usually hijacks storylines. Just for the sake of the thread and not to be disrespectful I'll say:

Cannonball and Rachel Grey

Monet and Warpath

Iceman and Jubilee

Sage and Gambit

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jean grey and captain america

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel Grey and Jimmy Hudson (ultimate wolverine)

Mystique and Sabretooth (hero versions)

Angel and Satana

Madelyn Pryor and Doctor Doom (cuz of the child they could have)

Emma Frost and Black Bolt

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

As odd is it may sound, Deadpool and Domino

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll throw Gambit and Northstar into the mix.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@phoenixofthetides:

Nah, Wolverine and Gambit forever. I've read too much slash fiction to see Remy with anyone else. Also, I'm tired of all the vanilla twink couples in the Marvel universe. Let's get some freaky daddy/boy dynamics.

No Caption Provided

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sprior93 said:

@phoenixofthetides:

Nah, Wolverine and Gambit forever. I've read too much slash fiction to see Remy with anyone else. Also, I'm tired of all the vanilla twink couples in the Marvel universe. Let's get some freaky daddy/boy dynamics.

No Caption Provided

Is gambit gay now?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HAWK2916

@nighthunder: Nah he's not. Neither is Iceman.. I don't give a damn what Bendis says lol. Karma is though and she should finally pull Kitty. I'd go for that

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AnoleXStriker

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CobraCommander

Glob x Jeen

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit and Monet

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@nighthunder: Nah he's not. Neither is Iceman.. I don't give a damn what Bendis says lol. Karma is though and she should finally pull Kitty. I'd go for that

Kitty pryde is gay now??

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder: Nope. But Karma is and since some people try and justify Iceman being gay based on his lack of success in relationships then who's to say Kitty is not by that rationale. Lol. It was just a joke really

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@nighthunder: Nope. But Karma is and since some people try and justify Iceman being gay based on his lack of success in relationships then who's to say Kitty is not by that rationale. Lol. It was just a joke really

*Snort* Kitty Pryde*snort*

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drizzle1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psylocke & wolverine

I get why they did her and archangel becuz they were both changed by villians.. but i feel that logan and her had more in common.. with them both not knowing who they really are.. the Japanese culture.. him having claws and her knives.. to them both being killing assasins

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psylocke & wolverine

I get why they did her and archangel becuz they were both changed by villians.. but i feel that logan and her had more in common.. with them both not knowing who they really are.. the Japanese culture.. him having claws and her knives.. to them both being killing assasins

Yep. It was slightly teased back in the early 90s. But instead they decided to continue Wolverine's obsession with Jean and make Psylocke obsessed with Cyclops.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.