Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Was Gambit the right choice for a solo movie?

• 56 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-599f6ccbd15bb
    deactivated-599f6ccbd15bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Was Gambit the right choice for a solo movie? (65 votes)

Yes 38%
    No 48%
    Not sure 14%

If not, who?

• 
    gambit75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck Gambit, why don't they first make a proper X-men, not that shit we been getting for the past 16 years.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Honestly, even though Gambit is a pretty popular character and his solo series has done well in the past, I don't see why Fox would want to make a Gambit solo movie, especially in the direction they are taking the X-Men franchise.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: They probably think that they can make more money with solo movies. The Wolverine had close to the same world gross as X-Men: The Last Stand with nearly half the budget. Gambit is also Lauren Donner's(the main producer for all the X-Men movies) favorite X-Man, and she is also a big fan of Channing Tatum.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@rabbitearsblog: They probably think that they can make more money with solo movies. The Wolverine had close to the same world gross as X-Men: The Last Stand with nearly half the budget. Gambit is also Lauren Donner's(the main producer for all the X-Men movies) favorite X-Man, and she is also a big fan of Channing Tatum.

Oh! I didn't know that Lauren Donner was a Gambit fan! Although I do wonder how they are going to make this movie work.

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

While I do think Channing Tatum is a good choice for Gambit, I can't see Gambit having his own solo film.

As for who should have own solo movie? I'm not sure, to be honest. The reason why Wolverine and Deadpool have solo movies is because they have tons of stories that are perfect for a solo movie about those characters.

Aedan_Drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well with Gambit they can put aside the themes of racism and just have a film about the thieves guild.

harlequinreala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe. Comic movies are made for people that don't really delve deep into comics. Take a ladies man character and put a guy that ladies love to fill that roll and you can probably sell the movie. The need enough 'comicbookness' to get big fans involved but probably a bulk of the buyers are from casual comicbook fans.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.