Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Uncanny Avengers

• 79 results
    unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By unicornpuncher

Anyone else not giving a crap about the new Uncanny Avengers? I really want to like it with Rouge, and Havok in the mix, but the storyline just isn't interesting to me. Its like 26 pages of just watching them fight with eachother and whine.

Boring!!!!!

Im not sure adding Xmen to the avengers storylines made anything better.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

I think it stinks, personally.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@mercy_ said:

I think it stinks, personally.

QFT.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It's got some really awful out-of-character representations for the sake of soap opera drama.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Quite annoying when Marvel pumps a title with sh*t loads of hype, only for it to be sh*t anyways. And this has happened a lot.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:

@thegreyoutcastx: Knew you had good taste

I try lol.

The title's only saving grace is Rogue (apparently the only member with common sense) and Thor (he hasn't done something out of character yet).

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:

@thegreyoutcastx: Knew you had good taste

I try lol.

The title's only saving grace is Rogue (apparently the only member with common sense) and Thor (he hasn't done something out of character yet).

Rogue who gets turned into a non-entity by having her entire face covered as Wanda dresses her down as a floozie (because Wanda really is in a place to judge others for their choice in partner).

Bleghhh

@fodigg said:

It's got some really awful out-of-character representations for the sake of soap opera drama.

BINGO.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@mercy_: We both agree that Wanda's characterization has been terrible cause of this title.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Anyone else not giving a crap about the new Uncanny Avengers? I really want to like it with Rouge, and Havok in the mix, but the storyline just isn't interesting to me. Its like 26 pages of just watching them fight with eachother and whine.

Boring!!!!!

Im not sure adding Xmen to the avengers storylines made anything better.

I'm loving this book.

I do feel the first 4 issue arc was a bit slow, but overall, I think this is the best Avengers book in years. Even characters that I'm generally not interested in (Wonderman, Scarlet Witch), or who haven't interested me in years (Rogue, Havoc, Sunfire),interest me in this book. I like how it takes a lot of classic characters and puts them in a new context, especially where the villains are concerned.

yeah, they bicker amongst themselves, but that's classically always been part of the charm of the Avengers (and how they make each character distinct). Some of it may be slightly out of character, but if the story's engaging -and I think it is- then I don't mind.

Personally, I'd recommend it to any fan of classic style Avengers.

Avatar image for the_diamond_prince
    The_Diamond_Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's improved greatly since issue 5 and is starting to head into Remender's UXF epicness territory. It just took a bit of time to warm up and having Coipel and Acuna on art has not hurt.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: We both agree that Wanda's characterization has been terrible cause of this title.

dear lord, it's terrible. A complete 180 from the direction she was finally beginning to take after Children's Crusade and AvX

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

dear lord, it's terrible. A complete 180 from the direction she was finally beginning to take after Children's Crusade and AvX

I know. It was so disappointing. I frankly wish Wanda actually stayed away from the Avengers. She could of had some interesting adventures in X-dom post AvX, but instead we got this.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

I know. It was so disappointing. I frankly wish Wanda actually stayed away from the Avengers. She could of had some interesting adventures in X-dom post AvX, but instead we got this.

I really wish that she had gone the other way, as well.

Would be nice to see her and Hope doing stuff together and things with the Avengers have never really ended all that well for her, have they?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Akindoodle

@mercy_: @thegreyoutcastx: Okay, I'm new at reading Wanda. How "off" is her characterization in this? And is the book really that bad? I agree the first four issues were cringe worthy but it was alright after issue 5

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: @thegreyoutcastx: Okay, I'm new at reading Wanda. How "off" is her characterization in this? And is the book really that bad? I agree the first four issues were cringe worthy but it was alright after issue 5

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @mercy_ said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

I really wish that she had gone the other way, as well.

Would be nice to see her and Hope doing stuff together and things with the Avengers have never really ended all that well for her, have they?

I would have loved to see her take a more active role in the fight for mutant rights given all that's happened. Like an understanding of what she did and trying to do right by her people. But Marvel doesn't agree.

The Avengers are more her enablers than they are her friends it seems.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: I've never really cared for Wanda's character, but she was taking a turn for the better. This book's erased all of that. It feels like Scarlet Witch and Rogue are there simply to be petty and fight with one another and that's not in character for either of them.

All of the characterization feels really off. It's not a great story. The art is inconsistent. I do NOT recommend this book. You've got about seven other X-Men titles, as well as multiple Avengers titles.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Akindoodle

@mercy_: I shall take this under consideration then. But I'll stick around for a few more. Maybe it gets X-Force good later...(?)

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She used to be a semi tragic/sympathetic character who was still a good natured person, you saw that during Children's Crusade and AVX, but in the first issue of Uncanny Avengers, you see that she is the complete opposite. She is acting like an uncaring b*tch, especially when when it comes to Rogue.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx: Sounds like a nice kinda gal. I'm going to try and get my hands on the Children's Crusade now. She was a highlight in the disaster that was AvX

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I have mixed emotions about this book, generally im down on it over all it seems like a smush up of a couple of X faces with alot of avenger faces trying to sell the new Franchise title (the avengers) to the X men fans, it also took one of our(the xmen) favorite writers with it, and well idk its just not vibing for me. I don't like rogue all that much in it, not a fan of most the other cast if it would of been more X men friendly (or even mutant friendly?) then i would of like it a bit better (they could of dropped thor and cap, wolverine s hould be repping the Avengers not X men, wasp and wonderman didn't need to be added imo. Witch, Wolverine, Havok, Sunfire and Rogue was a good enough start and a good deal of star power, maybe X 23 or another mutant avenger / Quicksilver? Beast? ) The last few issues has gotten a bit better focusing on a more Xish story with apocalypse and it has a bit of a wordy feel (very claremount ish) in the way its written but still it seems very out of character at points and it just hasn't done enough to grab me in,

My suggest for Avengers would be new Avengers all the way (despite both Uncanny & Avengers having more characters i like ((which brings up an interesting question why didnt they put cannonball and sunspot on uncanny avengers?)) ) and pretty much a handful of X books over this one (Both X forces, Uncanny, All New, Legacy even and more then likely 'X men' )

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dropped it after issue one... kill off Avalanche, give horrible characterizations to some of Marvel's best characters, give them horrible costumes (mainly Rogue and Havok) and you call that a pioneering book of the future!? Please...

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oldnightcrawler

I dropped it after issue one... kill off Avalanche, give horrible characterizations to some of Marvel's best characters, give them horrible costumes (mainly Rogue and Havok) and you call that a pioneering book of the future!? Please...

have you read it since then? The first arc is a bit slow, but after that, I think it gets quite good.

Spaced_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:

have you read it since then? The first arc is a bit slow, but after that, I think it gets quite good.

I agree it was slow to start off with, I felt like the characters where coming across a little stiff and unlike-able but the past couple of issues have been pretty cool and a throwback to old school marvel. The epic cosmic story is something i'm missing from the books I pick up, and the tie in's with Remmender's uncanny x-force are starting to link in. He is bringing in the villains that the likes of this team should be fighting and throwing a challenge that I feel could actually effect the marvel universe in a major way. These superhero's are in big trouble, the danger is getting more intense and the villains seem to have the ball safely in their court.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oldnightcrawler said:

I agree it was slow to start off with, I felt like the characters where coming across a little stiff and unlike-able but the past couple of issues have been pretty cool and a throwback to old school marvel. The epic cosmic story is something i'm missing from the books I pick up, and the tie in's with Remmender's uncanny x-force are starting to link in. He is bringing in the villains that the likes of this team should be fighting and throwing a challenge that I feel could actually effect the marvel universe in a major way. These superhero's are in big trouble, the danger is getting more intense and the villains seem to have the ball safely in their court.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who appreciates the old-school flavor. :D

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:

No I haven't... First because my pull list is already too extensive, and secondly because I have no interest in the book's premise to be honest! I love Remender and his Uncanny X-Force but I'll leave the beautiful image of his previous work in my mind and not this!

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

next thing we know, all the best x-characters are in the avengers roster. damn!

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By unicornpuncher

Ok I am glad im not the only one not liking this title. I really want to give it a chance and like it, but so far its pretty boring.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She used to be a semi tragic/sympathetic character who was still a good natured person, you saw that during Children's Crusade and AVX, but in the first issue of Uncanny Avengers, you see that she is the complete opposite. She is acting like an uncaring b*tch, especially when when it comes to Rogue.

Firstly, in all of the Avengers comics I've read (which is most of them), I've never found Wanda to have much personality outside of when she goes crazy (which has happened a lot). From that is mostly where we get that she's "a semi tragic/sympathetic character who was still a good natured person", but we've hardly seen anything else about her personality in 50 years. So, pretty much any thing she says could be considered out of character.

And, yeah, it does seem like they want her to actually grow a personality in this book, but I don't think that's a bad thing. And to my mind, she's really the only character who actually seems out of character at all, so I really have no issue with these criticisms.

Good rule of thumb, though; if you can't tell how out of character a character is being written because of your lack of experience with them, then it really doesn't matter. Just roll with it. What can seem out of character the first time will become the character in time.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Binski

I like the story, art, and premise but that's just me talking

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Rogue isn't Rogue! Damn it, he'a throwing away years of character developement, I hate this book

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I am really enjoying the book. The first arc wasn't the greatest, but it got the team together. It has been one of my top three titles over the past 3-4 months though with the current arc. Can't go wrong having Kang and Apocalypse together.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Brawler Rogue is making a come-back.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Brawler Rogue is making a come-back.

really? like 1990's Rogue? <3 Yes please, can she call people shuga and then knock the shit out of them instead of lecturing them to death like she did in Carey's Run on Legacy?

aquahawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read the first issue and I wasn't crazy about it.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Thunderscream

The first few issues with Red Skull were kinda meh for me (and what the heck happened to Cassaday? This is not his best work) but plunging into the Apocalypse Twins story really has me intrigued and the new art direction is SUPERB!

I agree Wanda's being written like a whiny tween and a little bit of the inner turmoil between the team is static....but there's some great stuff brewing here.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

STOOOOPID.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Best panel of this abomination of a team. Go home, Havok!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I only read it for Red Skull. After he exited the stage it got crappy.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm absolutely loving this book I dunno how anyone could dislike it.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am liking it. Not loving it -- but it's growing on me. I see it along the same lines as Uncanny X-Men -- fave characters are coming across out of character but mostly to do with inane dialogue so I can bear it.

I agree with others that it has gotten better and I am loving the art. Oh -- and I agree with this:

@spaced_boy said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

It does have that -- which is probably why I have been so lenient towards it. Although I have to state -- I hate X-Men being with the Avengers. I really do. Until I see some Avengers become X-Men, I always will.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt said:

that's kind of how I feel.

I do understand some people's criticisms, but they seem largely based on expectations of these characters that I apparently don't have.

@lykopis said:
    @oldnightcrawler said:

It does have that -- which is probably why I have been so lenient towards it. Although I have to state -- I hate X-Men being with the Avengers. I really do. Until I see some Avengers become X-Men, I always will.

I notice a lot of people seem to feel this way, but, personally, I can't for the life of me imagine why.

Totally agree with you about the art, though; it has been a real treat for me.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt said:

that's kind of how I feel.

I do understand some people's criticisms, but they seem largely based on expectations of these characters that I apparently don't have.

@lykopis said:
    @oldnightcrawler said:

I notice a lot of people seem to feel this way, but, personally, I can't for the life of me imagine why.

Totally agree with you about the art, though; it has been a real treat for me.

It's more because I feel it was an initiative that editorial wanted to push through because of the movies. I don't want the two teams existing in separate universes but having some X-Men go to the Avengers, and yet none go to the Institute -- it just feels more like Marvel is catering to Avenger fans than to X-Men fans. I resented feeling I had to purchase what is in essence, an Avengers book so I could keep up with my favourite character, Rogue. The new adjectiveless X-Men came out today and I am more than soothed considering how Rogue was presented though so my ire has lessened considerably towards Uncanny Avengers.

:)

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

It's more because I feel it was an initiative that editorial wanted to push through because of the movies. I don't want the two teams existing in separate universes but having some X-Men go to the Avengers, and yet none go to the Institute -- it just feels more like Marvel is catering to Avenger fans than to X-Men fans. I resented feeling I had to purchase what is in essence, an Avengers book so I could keep up with my favourite character, Rogue. The new adjectiveless X-Men came out today and I am more than soothed considering how Rogue was presented though so my ire has lessened considerably towards Uncanny Avengers.

:)

I can totally see that, I guess. Personally, I like the Avengers, so I'm happy to see some characters I like on the team. Havoc and Sunfire rarely get much play in X-men (despite being two of the oldest characters), and I actually find I'm more interested in seeing them in this new context as Avengers than being on the X-men (where they would most likely not get much focus anyway).

Classically, Rogue has always been a favorite character of mine, too; but I haven't really enjoyed her much in recent years as an X-man, so the new context thing kind of applies to her too, for me. Though I am glad to see her with Storm's team, too, since they really are her family. I'm even enjoying Scarlet Witch and Wonderman, which I almost never do. So all and all, I really think the cast that I expected to not be interested in actually turned out to be pretty great.

I actually didn't expect to like UA that much, because it did feel gimmicky, but now it's my favorite Avengers book.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never been a big Avengers fan. It was always the X-Men and X-related teams. The events of AvX made me dislike the Avengers even more. But i must say i'm glad they found a place for Havok. For too long he's played second fiddle to Scott and the other "Alpha" X-Men. Since the early 90s, he's been turned into a Genoshan soldier, enlisted into a government-run X-Factor (where he found some stability), turned into a villain, declared dead, sent to another reality, come back, sent into space, and back for a short and unconvincing stint to co-lead X-Factor. So leading up to Uncanny Avengers, what got me most excited was Havok having a chance to lead a major Marvel team.

Then the first story arc came out. While i loved Cassaday's work on Astonishing, he just didnt seem to hit the same strides with Uncanny Avengers. For that, and other story issues, the beginning of Uncanny Avengers was OKAY imo. Not great. But not terrible.

However, now that Remender has started picking up the threads left behind by his amazing work on Uncanny X-Force, The Uncanny Avengers is starting to pick up steam again. For that alone, i am very eager to see what Remender has in store for this book.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim said:

I've never been a big Avengers fan. It was always the X-Men and X-related teams. The events of AvX made me dislike the Avengers even more. But i must say i'm glad they found a place for Havok. For too long he's played second fiddle to Scott and the other "Alpha" X-Men. Since the early 90s, he's been turned into a Genoshan soldier, enlisted into a government-run X-Factor (where he found some stability), turned into a villain, declared dead, sent to another reality, come back, sent into space, and back for a short and unconvincing stint to co-lead X-Factor. So leading up to Uncanny Avengers, what got me most excited was Havok having a chance to lead a major Marvel team.

Then the first story arc came out. While i loved Cassaday's work on Astonishing, he just didnt seem to hit the same strides with Uncanny Avengers. For that, and other story issues, the beginning of Uncanny Avengers was OKAY imo. Not great. But not terrible.

However, now that Remender has started picking up the threads left behind by his amazing work on Uncanny X-Force, The Uncanny Avengers is starting to pick up steam again. For that alone, i am very eager to see what Remender has in store for this book.

I totally agree with all of this.

I think Havoc, Rogue, and Sunfire all deserve better than being background characters in X-men.

And I think Cap', Thor, Wasp, and Wolverine deserve to be on an Avengers team with some real classic characters that isn't going to be too predictable. I think this book is doing a good job on both of those counts.

Spaced_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Its true I wan't x-men to stay x-men. Never really been a big fan of the avengers books but I may be more interested if they found there own style and path that relates to real human issues like the x-men does. The crossing of both teams dilutes the stories for me and the avengers have always come across in my eyes as "look at all these heroes from different books together". That's always been the big sell and it's boring. I don't want to see an indestructible team of perfect heroes, I want to see characters that have the same depth, struggle and sense of hope that the x-men portray. I'd love to be proven wrong and for avengers fans to show me stories that have the same emotional pull as x-men books do.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.