Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Ultimate End #1 Confusion

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay so someone is going to have to help my confused little brain.

In Ultimate end #1 we see both Cyclops and Spiderman but I thought they were on the raft?

Why is Emma Frost in white?

I don't know if I am just not understanding Secret wars haha

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xrs10: I haven't read ultimate end but my understanding is that it takes place before Secret Wars so it could before they get on the raft later on. Again though haven't read it.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epyon007: nope. It stated takes place in the Manhattan area of Battle World. That's Bendis for you...even with time and space destroyed continuity still finds a way to get screwed with

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

most likely there's more that happens between the end of Secret Wars #1 and Ultimate End #1. But also, before we cry "damn you bendis!", we have to take into consideration that the 616 heroes we see in Ultimate End's Battleworld Manhattan may not necessarily be the same ones that escaped on the Raft. Let's not forget Carol Danvers was on the Raft as well, but she has also appeared in A-Force.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Koays

@slimlim: Eh, I wrote a long and detailed post about this in the Recent Subjects- Secret Wars thread. It basically echoes my feelings about the event as a whole, there's to much going on, in too many places and we don't know who is who. And there are no hints or anything to suggest that this is something we should be aware of and following or something that just needs to be overlooked while we focus on the main Secret Wars title. Story continuity says one thing and the book tells us another even with how events played out...and the writer has a reputation for over looking things in his writing.

fatjoem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fatjoem

You just need to keep in mind that almost nobody remembers what really happened in their past. They do not remember when the multiverse was destroyed by incursions. This is also true for the heroes in the Ultimate End series. They all remember what Doom wants them to remember. The backstory depicted in Ultimate End's flashbacks is just the history that Doom came up with for this Domain of Battleworld.

So are these then the real heroes we came to know from 616 and ultimate universe? It does not really matter, since they cannot remember that time. My understanding is that some of them are indeed the real deal, while others are re-creations from Doom. But none of them can remember.

Keep in mind: the only people that can remember the real past are Doom, Strange, the people in the Cabal and the Illuminati raft. I read up until Ultimate End 1 and Secret Wars 3. So there might be more information in later issues in the event.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lolololol @ comics

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bendis sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.