Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

The X-Men: Schism Aftermath — Who Was Right, Cyclops or Wolverine?

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Kid_Zombie

Team cyclops!

IronHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By IronHerc

Cyclops is an idiot, wolverine knows how the world is and how the life of a murderer can affect a person while Cyclops doesn't. Sure, preparing kids to defend themselves is great with me but to make them kill is just wrong no matter the reason since they not only are they too young to decide something like that they will be scared for life and instead of helping them. Even if they are mutants, they are still human, if you were a kid, how would you feel if this creepy guy with a visor who you can't even see him eye to eye orders you to kill someone because he says it's necessary. (plus putting them in those situations might end up killing them anyways).

Their species is being extinct so what? a few hundred means that chances of recovering is almost impossible now, lets face the facts that cyclops ruining the lives of what's left of a special group of people (unless house of M gets fixed). But for now, their species is screwed as long as the mutant gene doesn't appear on other people in much bigger scale so why force the remaining ones to become heartless killers? Also Scott's actions of making kids into soldiers will just make everyone's speculations about the X-men being nothing but a bunch of trained soldiers since the beginning true. Creating even more fear and hatred for mutants and putting them in bigger danger (you might have people who will still want to kill them but not so many....which is why they have X-force to fix that problem which consists of people who can do that job).

Also unlike Cyclops, Wolverine is not alone. He has lots of very powerful and influential friends that can help him defend the kids and have also humanized Logan over the years while Scott is going the opposite direction. The new school not only can get support from the avengers. They also have Steve Rogers who can use his influence to support the new school as well as give it a good image. If wolvie has Cap as one of his bigger supporters, then his ideals could be made true. (Just hope they use something like this during the new series). So yeah, all of cyclops ideals are just wrong and for me, he is just slowly becoming the next magneto. And shame on everyone who stayed with him (meaning the x-men members).

So yeah, I will break my bow of avoiding any X tittle for the fear that I might end up lost pretty quickly but now I will get Wolverine's series to see how he will do is thing (and hope it shows how wrong Cyclops was)

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By InnerVenom123

@RainEffect said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Cyclops is obviously right.

Nice argument.

I'm just stating what I thought. I'm not here to argue a point.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154  Edited By blackkitty

Okay, so kids aren't supposed to kill right? And, yet Wolverine had x-23 join a group of killers and used her to kill. He sounds like a hypocrite to me.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#155  Edited By GTG12

Yeah i chose cykes side.
    rudorudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By rudorudo

@TheBlackHood said:

I'm surprised that no one has really brought up the issue that Indie only HAD to kill because of Logan's constant dereliction of duty. Instead of guarding the proceedings at the museum, Wolverine was off in a bar getting drunk. If Wolverine doesn't want kids on the front line, then maybe he should focus on mutants more and limit his:

1. Drinking

2. Womanizing

3. Working with every other team under the sun

Wolverine is like every other crappy military drunk I dealt with while I was in the Marines. He doesn't take care of business so everyone else has to step up and make the tough choices. And for that Wolverine, you're a douche and an ass-hat.

But he can't get drunk xD. Well unless you count Claremont's run.

I'll have to disagree with your comment that he doesn't step up, part of the reason he signed up for X-Force (and the reason Cyke picked him to lead the team) was that he was ready to shield the kids (excluding X-23 of course) from having to do the dirty work and did it himself. Wolverine has made tons of tough choices and has been such a trooper prior to Schism, to say that Wolvie's been selfish all the way through is completely nonsensical.

This is not to say however that Cyke is the villain here, Cyclops has been nothing but a stoic and stalwart leader having to stave off the extinction of his species ever since Decimation. He is defined more so by the decisions he has had to make because of the fact he's the designated leader and in that light I see where you're able to dismiss Wolverine as someone who doesn't carry his own fair share of responsibility. The fact is though (at least in my opinion) he has taken his fair share of responsibilities even if that "responsibility" at times was having to rip Purifiers to shreds, he has been Cyclops' most trusted and loyal soldier (which Cyclops has admitted) and for good reason because he was ready to do for Cyclops what not too many others were willing to do (yes that sounds funny xD).

I like Cyclops and have all the faith that what he's doing is probably more foolproof than whatever Wolverine has planned but I'm an idealist and believe that certain ideals shouldn't be sacrificed no matter how dire the circumstance. Therefore I'm surprisingly on Team Wolvie on this one.

Avatar image for knightofcydonia
    Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Noctis
    lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By lykopis

Le Sigh.
    They are both right. They are both wrong. Fantastic arguing by many here on this thread that illustrate this point and quite frankly, proves that this Schism has very effectively caused a split between the fans. I am for both - I hope Cyclops and Wolverine are both successful and in the future, meet on common ground. Saving the species is paramount, absolutely, I don't think anyone thinks different, but then again, bringing in children to cause death is fundamentally wrong. Idie believes killing is what an X-Men does. And its not. Xavier's Institute was created as a safe haven for children to learn to live with their mutations and to foster the ideal that mutants and humans can co-exist peacefully. By having children become soldiers, the X-Men have declared that peaceful co-existence is an impossibility. Maybe with the new school, it will show the world different.

For what's it worth, I think naming the Institute after Jean Grey was great. I think all the remaining living X-Men (dare I say even Scott?) think its a fitting tribute.

Eet Mor Puppee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159  Edited By Eet Mor Puppee

It's obvious that nobody here has ever been in the military.

Voodoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Voodoom

I feel that there is alot more symbolism that most people are admitting. 

The Hellfire Club were a bunch of children putting people in harms way. 

Wolverine and Cyclops are merely taking the stances of Professor X and Magneto respectively. 

The Fear of Cyclops becoming the next Magneto has been brought up before in a alternate universe that Nocturne was from in Exlies.  While Wolverine became the next Headmaster. 

Yes I know these are trouble times,  our own history has shown that in dark desperate times people to dark and desperate deeds.  But I feel that in those times it when you need to hold onto your beliefs and codes the most. 

Sorry everybody but I am standing with Logan on this one (much as I dislike his character).    Although I understand Scott's opinion and intent I feel that he heading the wrong direction. Which is pretty much how I feel about Magneto.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#161  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Yeah, if i were to chose who's side I'd take and who's road I'd walk on, It'd be Logan's, I'll always follow Xavier's Dream...

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#162  Edited By Timandm

They were BOTH right.... and they were BOTH wrong... It was not a black and white issue...
    - Children should not be used in combat if it can be avoided.
    - When push comes to shove, EVERYONE, at some point in time, will likely have to stand their ground and defend their home...

@Eet Mor Puppee
    said:

It's obvious that nobody here has ever been in the military.

Just curious why you're saying that. Note, I'm NOT disagreeing with you, I'm just wondering if you're thinking along the same lines that I am...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98cd905fc97
    deactivated-5a98cd905fc97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I used to like Cyclops a lot, but then he abandoned Madelyne Pryor and his baby, cheated on his wife later with Emma, turned from Mr. By-the-book and into Mr. Hard ass with seemingly no emotions, send children to kill (instead of just the old training for self-defense/saving of others), etc...  He may care for his people a lot, and he may even be right in this case, but it's nearly impossible for me to respect anything about the man.  Looking at the fifth image in the article ("Who was right?"), I see another example of the man Scott has become.  Asking somebody to verbally admit that he was wrong?  Childish and egotistical.  How often in our adult lives have any of us met someone decent, who demanded such a thing?

So while Wolverine is far from perfect, having many flaws of his own, and may even be wrong here...  I'd still side with him.  At the end of the day, Logan is the one I've seen time and time again, taking children under his wing and helping them with real results.  Cyclops was a great character, and in many ways still is, but all I ever see from him anymore is his willingness to lower his ethical standards whenever it suits him or his cause, and his ability to get others to do the same.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#164  Edited By TheMess1428

I'm on Wolverine's side. You have people trained for killing and people who aren't. I haven't read it yet but I plan to tonight. From what knowledge I have now, Idie should've just knocked them out, not killed them.

Avatar image for where4artthoucarlos
    where4artthoucarlos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:

Team Wolverine interests me more, but I stand by Cyclops. There are what, 186 mutants left on the planet? Maybe a few more. Sacrifices have to be made, these aren't normal times or the best of circumstances for the X-Men.

i see what you mean, but isn't making sacrifices risking teenage mutant lives only worse for the number of mutants on the planet. Wolverine is right. The whole basis of the X-Men was that they were a safe-haven and training ground for mutants, and yes they still train, and Utopia is still a safe haven, but if cyclops really wanted to risk a life, why not risk his own. Why is Utopia more important than the lives of teenage mutants? Risking their lives is only making the chances for survival worse.

Eet Mor Puppee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Eet Mor Puppee

@Timandm: Just an observation.

Ask yourselves this: Would it be better to let a child get murdered, or to teach a child how to kill? In this particular situation, the kids have to either kill or get killed. I'm Anti-Dead Kids, and therefore Pro-Cyclops.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By ThexX

Plan and simple in there situation Cyclops is right. They are no longer fighting for peace they are fighting for survival.

atom895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By atom895

i think that everyone's forgetting that logan has one of the highest if not the highest body count in the x-men. he understands how killing changes a person forever, how it shapes and molds your life from then on. he is only acting this way because he doesn't want any of the kids to turn out to be cold, merciless killers. being a soldier is not for everyone. it is just some people who should not have to be exposed to things like that. look at what killing turned frank castle into, what it changed logan into. if cyclops was thinking like a officer should be he would never have underestimated the hellfire club. being a soldier is something that not everyone can be. wolverine was right, but so was cyclops. circumstance gives way to morals.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By sarahsdad

First off, I have to say I didn't read the comics involved.

That said, at least part of Wolverine's argument is right. Kids shouldn't be put in a situation, or forced to choose if they're going to kill someone or not.

On the flip side, if you're supposed to be working, and instead you're sitting in a bar, it's nobody's fault but your own if something goes so wrong that someone else has to clean up the mess.

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Larkin1388

@atom895 said:

i think that everyone's forgetting that logan has one of the highest if not the highest body count in the x-men. he understands how killing changes a person forever, how it shapes and molds your life from then on. he is only acting this way because he doesn't want any of the kids to turn out to be cold, merciless killers. being a soldier is not for everyone. it is just some people who should not have to be exposed to things like that. look at what killing turned frank castle into, what it changed logan into. if cyclops was thinking like a officer should be he would never have underestimated the hellfire club. being a soldier is something that not everyone can be. wolverine was right, but so was cyclops. circumstance gives way to morals.

Well Put.

loganchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By loganchild

wolverine was right even cable, tough as he is taught hope compassion and he also kept her sheltered as much as he could logan can see what road cyke is headed down what happen when that team he has assembled turns on him DANGER,MAGNETO,NAMOR,EMMA FROST, all people with their own agendas but don't worry logan's school namesake will return soon

Trojanheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Trojanheim

We have to remember that Cyclops is a leader who is adept at knowing his battleground, obstacles, affordances and above all else learning from past mistakes. I originally thought I was going to go Team Wolverine on this one, and I kind of still am, but I can't completely fault Cyclops for his actions. It is worth noting that back in Messiah Complex, Cyclops sidelined the entire student body/ new x-men for their own safety. Urging them that they too serve who wait. The result? the New X-Men went after the purifiers on their own accord and although discovering critical information (they did not have the messiah child) they ultimately jeopardized the X-Men's mission against the Mauraders. This action potentially saved them from an impending sentinel attack on the institute however.

What was the lesson learned by Cyclops? Danger lurks everywhere for mutantkind, and it does not discriminate based on age. Furthermore the best chance for survival was a united front and a synergistic mobilization of mutantkind based on their abilities. Xavier groomed Summers to make use of his environment for the most optimal and unique path to victory. Cyclops' strategy in creating Utopia is perhaps the ultimate testament to this. Reflecting back at the Messiah Complex conflict, Pixie mistakenly teleports the entire new x-men to the battle royale at Muir Island. While most parties to the conflict are shocked Cyclops barely blinks and instantly pushes forward with his strategy, urging emma that they should "throw something at their enemies they won't see coming" recognizing that the Maurauders have spent years training how to fight the X-Men. The result? a Victory albeit a Pyrrhic one. The messiah child lives seemingly at the cost of Xavier's life.

Cyclops carried on this ethos through the darkest days of mutant kind, reactivating X-Force knowing full well that Wolfsbane and Warpath would be going after the Purifiers regardless of anything. These are perhaps Cyclops' redeeming qualities his synergistic command decisions, his vision for the future, and his willingness to adapt to the times making the decisions others perhaps won't or can't. With respect to schism, wolverine represents a sense of nostalgia and emotion, mourning what innocence being an X-Man once had. His lament of doing the things he did so others would not have to, speaks directly to this. Wolverine longs for the principles the X-Men as an institute once had, something that made Wolverine feel like hero after years of savagery and violence. What both men don't realize is that they are two sides of the same coin, and will likely need each other now more than ever. It'll be interesting to see how things go under their separate paths in the future.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By BatteredArmor

Words of wisdom: "Do what you have to"

If you can't do this you can't do anything. Team Cyclops

CWB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By CWB

Cyclops 

Avatar image for sebastianshawshank
    SebastianShawShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think that Wolverine is on the right side of this. Cyclops has being making tactical decisions without emotion and has become no better then a common villian. Take recently in Uncanny X-men when he flat out threatened to murder the mayor of San Francisco. Nothing will get in his way of saving the mutant race, but at what cost? Wolverine is not against doing what must be done in fact he is the one who has been doing it, He has had to deal with the memories of the countless murders of innocents at his hands. The point that drove it home for me was when Idie made the comment in Schism #5 that she now knew what it meant to be an X-man. It maybe old school but X-men dont kill. Wolverine does ha ha ha.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#176  Edited By HexThis

What I don't get is that Marvel almost appears to be turning Wolverine & Cyclops into Cap & Iron Man but as far as Cap & Iron Man are concerned they're tending to issues of international threats whereas the X-men have always stood by mutant rights and mutant affairs. The Avengers operate as an army because they're government-funded and supervised by the government, they don't dictate or even take the front line in preserving a species and creating a society.

In essence, the leaders of the X-men shouldn't be raising an army predominantly as they should be preserving and enriching the mutant community. The conflicts of ideologies involves the ethics and tactics of potential warfare whereas Charles went out in public to represent mutantkind and delegated combative responsibilities to field leaders like Scott or Storm. This is how the X-men always have run things not through some grand pissing contest.

richardetyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By richardetyler

Team Wolverine.., Heroes don't get children to be killers and murderers. It's just something no comic character would stand for. Might as well give Batman an Uzi and let Superman punch people's face in.., There are some boundaries in comics that heroes just should not cross

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#178  Edited By Ferro Vida

@atom895 said:

Cyclops was right, and Wolverine is naive (ironic). In an ideal world children wouldn't have to kill. But we don't live in an ideal world, and neither do the X-men.

Israel was established as a country after world war 2, and from that moment on all of its citizens were trained to fight; men, women, and children. They did this because the Jewish people had nearly been wiped off the face of the Earth, and they wanted to make sure that no one could finish the job.

Since its creation, the state of Israel has been in six wars where they were severely out-numbered and usually out-gunned. And they won every single time. Not because the people of Israel are heartless killing machines, but because they have the ability to be that when the situation calls for it.

You don't become Frank Castle from killing one person, you become Frank Castle from suffering trauma and having mental conditions (He really needs to stop going off the meds). You don't become Wolverine from shooting a terrorist, you become Wolverine from corrupt government systems and an increasingly convoluted back story (seriously, it changes every year).

Cyclops isn't training children to be ruthless killers, he's training children to be ruthless as necessary; he's training them to survive.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Timandm

@Eet Mor Puppee said: Anti

@Timandm: Just an observation.

Ask yourselves this: Would it be better to let a child get murdered, or to teach a child how to kill? In this particular situation, the kids have to either kill or get killed. I'm Anti-Dead Kids, and therefore Pro-Cyclops.

LOL! That term " Anti-Dead Kids" just sounds funny... like, "I'm against dead kids... I hate young zombies!."

I'm not disagreeing... It just sounds funny. Okay.. I don't really understand why you would have to ask which of those is better, "teaching a kid to kill" or "letting a child get murdered." I don't get how that applies here...

Logan, wants the kids to train, to learn, to be able to fight and defend and kill if necessary... He just doesn't want them to do so unless there is absolutely no other choice... Now, this is a far cry fthe om the Logan we've known and loved all these years, but this sudden change is a direct result of what he just went through in the Wolverine series...

Like I said before... I think they were BOTH right...

Logan was right in that kids should not be put in danger if it can be avoided...

Cyclops was right in that, when it cannot be avoided, the kids HAVE to fight and kill when necessary...

I think they are both right... In that instance in Schism where they fought, I HATE HATE HATE to say this but... Wolverine was wrong... There was not much time for evacuation... There was only one Blackbird... Pixie was injured and could not teleport... and with Sentinels attacking all over the world, where exactly was there a safe place for them to go to?

Wolverine should have focused on fighting the Sentinel... They had enough fire power to stop the thing. That should have been obvious....

btw, I think Cyclops AND Wolverine are BOTH against letting the kids die... They just have different ideas about how to achieve that...

HOWEVER, THIS ISN'T WHAT I WAS ASKING YOU ABOUT...

I was wondering why you were saying it was clear no one in here has been in the military... Again, not arguing or agreeing or disagreeing with you. I was just wondering why you think that, because I was thinking something very similar...

I was just curious what people were saying that made you think that.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Timandm

@Ferro Vida:

I agree with pretty much everything you said except for referring to Logan as, "Naive." However, he is being COMPLETELY ironic given that, as you said, he has the highest body count of all the X-Men (except maybe Jean Grey... Course, she didn't exactly leave bodies when she ate that star) AND

given the fact that he led X-Force and allowed his pseudo-daughter to be part of that...

HOWEVER, this 'change in attitude' is a direct result of what happened in the Wolverine series... If you haven't read it, he was basically sent to hell (literally... His body was possessed by many demons while his spirit was sent to hell.) Naturally he escaped as the Marvel Universe would implode if Wolverine weren't on EVERY FREAKING SUPER HERO TEAM in the Marvel Universe... and afterwards, he went after the people who sent him to hell... So, long story short, he ended fighting and killing five people in particular who he found out AFTERWORDS were

His children that he did not know he had... He went a little crazy after he found out. The people who did this to him, wanted him to suffer. They KNEW he'd end up killing them and they knew he'd suffer because of it... That was the intent.

So, I guess now we get to see a new.. um.. more motherly Wolverine? Not sure how I feel about that...

I like that you brought up Israel in making your point. I think that is an EXCELLENT example... and I completely agree with it...

Avatar image for donavanwolfmaster
    DonavanWolfMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forgecat said:

Who can be right on one like this? I'll take Team Cyclops though because the original X-Men were barely teenagers when they started brawling. Wolverine is cool with the killing as long as he is doing it? Life doesn't sadly always work that way.

I feel like the writers want me to side with Wolverine, but the stakes are too high at this point with how few mutants are left in this version of the X-Universe. Also him naming the new school after Jean Grey just makes me want to punch him in the teeth. Not. your. wife!!!!

This Guy!

I love 'em!

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Timandm

@DonavanWolfMaster: okay... I get the impression that you, like a lot of people in here, aren't aware of what happened to Wolverine in his own series...

I've been putting spoiler warnings but... It's been a little while now, and no one seems to be getting it so.. Here it is...

WOLVERINE JUST KILLED HIS OWN CHILDREN. HE KILLED FIVE PEOPLE AND IMMEDIATELY AFTERWORDS LEARNED THAT THEY WERE CHILDREN OF HIS THAT HE NEVER KNEW ABOUT.

HAVING KILLED HIS OWN CHILDREN HAS HAD A PROFOUND EFFECT ON HIM AND HE, APPARENTLY, HAS CHANGED IN A RADICAL WAY...

Now, I'm not saying he was right... But, people should understand why Wolverine has this new attitude...

Cyclops was right in that they should have stayed an fought.... It PAINS me to say Cyclops was right.... I admit it...

Mrjmaxted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Mrjmaxted

A lot of people are talking about how Wolverine's viewpoint is naive, but noone's raised the point that this isnt some group of wetwork assassins were talking about here. These people are the X-men, and they explicitly stand for the message of human-mutant coexistance. They were never meant to take on the task of ensuring mutant survival, that was never the point of Xavier's vision and it remained the established doctrine of the group up until now.

Regardless of whether or not Wolverine is biting off more than he can chew, or if he stands out as a hypocrite for being a killer himself, the fact remains if Cyclops' priorities have shifted away from the central philosophy of the X-men. If Cyclops is willing to push the agenda of survival above the original and true purpose of the X-men, then he should have disenfranchised himself from the group.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Timandm

@Osiris1428 said:

"Wolverine's comment that they are children and not soldiers is ridiculous." Hammer, meet nail.

Wolverine has recently been tricked into KILLING HIS OWN CHILDREN... Five children that he never knew about... He killed them.... and learned AFTER that they were his children...

That kind of thing would affect a person's view on children in battles, don't you think?

DorianOtten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By DorianOtten

@fivestarga: Nicely said friend! been a fan of Cyclops for a long time and thought it was a shame that readers mostly prefer wolverine. Logan's the one who gets the glory for being a violent killer yet Scott takes on the unenviable task of ensuring his species survival and everyone just says 'heartless straight-lase '

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Osiris1428

@Timandm said:

@Osiris1428 said:

"Wolverine's comment that they are children and not soldiers is ridiculous." Hammer, meet nail.

Wolverine has recently been tricked into KILLING HIS OWN CHILDREN... Five children that he never knew about... He killed them.... and learned AFTER that they were his children...

That kind of thing would affect a person's view on children in battles, don't you think?

Umm...who cares??? What does that have to do with this??

We are talking about the race of mutants, here. ALL OF THEM. There is no where for them to go. This is not the time to be sentimental, and that's what Cyclops can see. Cyclops wants what Wolverine wants, but he realizes that what Logan wants can only happen in an ideal world. They are not living in an ideal world. "What are you going to do, scratch it with your claw?" Wolverine can not fix everything. What happens when the world come crashing down on mutants and those kids are the only ones left to fight? Wolverine should have stayed with Cyclops to help create a world where children can be just that-children. It might not happen today, but someday.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Timandm

@DonavanWolfMaster said:

@forgecat said:

Who can be right on one like this? I'll take Team Cyclops though because the original X-Men were barely teenagers when they started brawling. Wolverine is cool with the killing as long as he is doing it? Life doesn't sadly always work that way.

I feel like the writers want me to side with Wolverine, but the stakes are too high at this point with how few mutants are left in this version of the X-Universe. Also him naming the new school after Jean Grey just makes me want to punch him in the teeth. Not. your. wife!!!!

This Guy!

I love 'em!

You can't name a school after someone unless you were married to them???

What about Storm... could SHE name a school after Jean Grey?

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#188  Edited By Rixec

I have to side with Wolverine. Yes, Cyclops has his points; sometimes we do need to do whatever we have to. But Idie could have stalled them off long enough for Wolverine and Cyclops to get there. And Wolverine is right that once you kill you can't take it back. Idie was changed by that and she knows she can do it more often know if need be. The X-Men were set up as a school to learn how to use their powers for good, not to fight as soldiers in a war. Yes they did battle but not like this. And while someone said it is ridiculous to say the children are nor soldiers they really aren't. They're training to be peacekeepers and Wolverine has seen what happens when children are forced to kill. Everyone is forgetting that X-23 was made and trained to kill and that is what started Wolverine on this path. He's seen her kill and be drafted to kill by Cyclops on X-Force even though Wolverine wanted her to stray off that path. It took a while until he forced her to leave the team. Even X-23 is trying to find her own path now. Wolverine has seen what became of Laura and wants other children to avoid that path, which is why he does what he has to. While others are skeptical of Wolverine leading the school he is not alone; he has Iceman, Beast, and some others. Would anyone here want to see their kids go away and then be seen on the six o' clock news killing people? No; they should be safe in school and that's what Wolverine is doing. Sure, it seems like it'll be difficult but it was never easy to begin with.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#189  Edited By Teerack

Strategically Scott was right, but morally Logan was right. It really just comes down to your values when deciding who's right.

LOWJACK2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#190  Edited By LOWJACK2001

CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT.

WOLVERINE IS THE BIGGEST HYPOCRITE IN COMIC BOOKS. ITS LIKE HES ACTUALLY REAL. HOW CAN THE MAN THAT STARTED XFORCE SAY THAT CYCLOPS IS SCARING PEOPLE???? WOLVERINE HAS KILLED MORE MUTANTS THAN ANY SENITEL AND DOESNT TAKE CARE OF ANY OF HIS KIDS SO WHAT KIND OF LEADER OF MUTANTS CAN HE POSSIBLY BE???

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By lykopis

@Timandm: Exactly.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By sickVisionz

Wow, I'e been out of X-Men for a while and things have changed A LOT. I never thought I'd say this but I'm with Cyclops 100%. I never would have thought it'd be Wolverine taking a soft, naive, and somewhat bitchmade stance.

Is this Schism a TPB? I haven't read X-Men in years but this sounds pretty great.

Apothecary2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Apothecary2

@JonesDeini: Mutants are not a species and the world would be better off without them.

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By PYH000

I think we should probably show pity towards Cyclops because him trying to preserve the mutant race and coming up with hard decisions may be going over his head. It seems like a very taxing burden to take.

Ulyverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Ulyverse

The whole argument just seems to be gravy train.

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

I'll be making a "Cyclops Was Right" t-shirt very soon.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By _Zombie_

I myself, am also, surprisingly, Team Cyclops. The mutant race was nearly rendered completely extinct, with maybe one or two mutant children being born every several months(if even that). They're just barely coming back from that, so the fact is, Scott is doing what's necessary to ensure their survival. Yeah it makes people dislike him for it, but look at it this way: Would you rather be liked now or be the savior of your race?

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#198  Edited By The Mast

I don't buy that once you kill you're always a killer. Not for a second. People kill in defense, people kill out of necessity, people kill out of desire and lust, or because it excites them.

Bullseye is an out-and-out psychopath. I don't even think he is mental, I think he knows precisely what he does and LOVES it. You can tell he does. HE will always be a killer because an innate and integral part of him is that joy.

Idie killed out of necessity. Yes, it was something she may never get over, or forget, but that doesn't make her a killer in anything but past-tense. She has killed. That's it. Troops are all killers, fact. It's why and how that counts.

Wolverine is right that you can't forget it, but instead of burying his head up his own ass, he should have realised that the best way to stop someone going down a Bullseye path is by focusing on the fact that they killed and getting them through it. Idie has constantly resigned herself to this idea she's a monster, and instead of telling her she's not if she doesn't want to be, Cyke and Wolverine accepted that she was and just argued if it was worth it. They should have realised that's not true, pulled together and made Idie understand that it's not that simple. It's not a matter of choosing to be Jesus or Satan. There's a lot of grey.

In the grand scheme, Cyclops did everything right. Wolverine never had a leg to stand on either logically or rationally. Emotionally, I get his point, but emotions would've got them all killed. Cyke's actions might have, too. Run or fight, they're still gonna be oppressed, but at least these kids know that they don't have to run any more.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#199  Edited By The Impersonator  Online

I'm with Cyke. The mutants don't have any other choice. It's do or die.

VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By VanTesla

They are both idiots in my opinion, but Cyclops is right. I hate saying that... Cyclops has still made bad decisions that made it more easy for the villains to target them and he should at least have a few different people to consult before making such rash decisions.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.