Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

The X men are about to have a lot of new recruits... (SPOILERS)

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

Edited By DATNIGGA
    No Caption Provided

It seems hope has undone wanda's mess & the avengers are now going out of there way to help mutants...

this is so epic... but what does it mean for events after this?

MUTANT HATE WILL GROW

i respect cyclops decisions but due to him being manipulated by the Dark phoenix hes caused much chaos all over the world & might be some what of a step back for mutant relations... plus there were less of them so the world didnt have to deal with them like that but now mutants are popping up everywhere so people are going to be more exposed to them so bigotry could be at its all time high (the purifiers probably have so many new recruits right now)

NEW X TEAMS

The new mutants means they will need somewhere to go

either wolverines school or avengers academy

or with cyclops... from what i understand at some point he gets out of jail

regardless they are bound to get new students more hero's & more stories to write about

NEW MUTANT TERRORISTS

where there are good people there are evil people as well. no doubt we are gonna have new super villains

something with an X at the beginning... the X terminators or something lol

whatever but seriously were gonna have new villains

will villains became good due to the mutants extinction return to there old ways?

one of the main reason magneto became good was due to cyclops's ability to join the mutant race together & the fact that the mutants were on there verge of extinction but... now thats no longer the case so what would stop...

old magnus from coming back....
    old magnus from coming back....

I can see him becoming an epic villain again... but maybe not you never know

WHO WILL BE MUTANT KINDS NEW LEADER?

Magneto might try to rise that title

professor x is dead

Apocalypse is in the future somewhere....

Cyclops depends if he can get out of jail & after all of this i dunno

Cable... maybe

hope... well she did bring mutants back so she is a good candidate but she lacks the mind to do so

Scarlet witch... Lol

but i seriously wonder who is gonna rise to the occasion mabey the younger versions of x men will rise who knows...

but the point is...

MORE MUTANTS!

(I wonder if the neo came back)

But Whats going to happen after this?

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

One of the future covers of WatXM show a shark girl. She's also probably a new member.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DATNIGGA

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: A shark girl? wow thats tight I hope they come up with some cool powers to give more of the new students & villains

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Cyclops succeeded where Maximoff failed flat on her ass.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@DATNIGGA:It took me a few minutes but I found the cover.

No Caption Provided
    DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DATNIGGA

@AgeofHurricane: yeah he definitely succeeded but you make it sounds like she did it on purpose lol its not like she purposely went out against mutants... she just went crazy one day...

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: that is one interesting character... nice to see there being creative

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@DATNIGGA: Did what on purpose ? I'm not talking about decimating them, i'm talking about trying to undo what she caused, which she failed at, emotionally.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DATNIGGA

@AgeofHurricane: ohh I thought you where talking about decimation... my bad but yeah really i don't know why should could'nt have undone it. I mean by looking at her current showings she seems to be as strong as she was during HOM

No Caption Provided

Cause doom took her power & then she got it back.. so is she weaker or is it just the plot?

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crash_Recovery

This is absurd. So now, in addition to the body count racked up by the F5, we see more innocent civilians affected by their nonsense.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Crash_Recovery: So its absurd that the mutant race is no longer endangered?

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crimsonlord53

New mutant's great what about the old one,s did they get there power's back?

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Crimsonlord53: I was wondering that myself... hopefully they did. altho i do remember alot of the old students in academy x dieing

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@DATNIGGA: @Crimsonlord53:

Yeah, I hope old mutants get their powers back... if anything I think Wanda and Hope just reactivated the X-Gene, so mutants like Dani, Wind Dancer and Jubilee should get their powers back.... I wonder if the Jean Grey School for the Gifted is going to be the "GO TO" school now... I really don't like Kitty as the headmistress -____-

Cyclops, Magik, Emma and Magneto need to create a new Inner Circle and Emma should reopen an Academy for selected students.

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By Dakens son

About mutant kinds new leader it's easy,Storm was and will be the best candidate and if you ask me she was always far better than Cyclops.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DATNIGGA

@IllyanaRasputin: The old mutants should get there powers back honestly

but Cyclops, Magneto, Magik, Emma might have a problem doing that seeing as how the avengers are still hunting members of the extinction team... & cable

the only way I could see that changing is if the Cyke & his crew teamed up teamed up with the avengers or.. Cyke assumed control of a nation... with an army to get the Avengers off there back

@Dakens son: Yeah I could see that. altho wolverine might take that role based on how marvel is.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By One_Eye

@DATNIGGA said:

@IllyanaRasputin: The old mutants should get there powers back honestly

but Cyclops, Magneto, Magik, Emma might have a problem doing that seeing as how the avengers are still hunting members of the extinction team... & cable

the only way I could see that changing is if the Cyke & his crew teamed up teamed up with the avengers or.. Cyke assumed control of a nation... with an army to get the Avengers off there back

@Dakens son: Yeah I could see that. altho wolverine might take that role based on how marvel is.

Yup. It's all about the James Howlett gravy train now. I could make some very sexual and derogatory comments in regards to the staff of Wolverine's church...erm..I mean...school...? but I don't wish to incur the wrath of mods.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16  Edited By McKlayn

Oh god i hope they don't make Wolverine the leader of the X Franchise now.

**bangs head on desk**

Maybe Legion? He seems to be trying to carry on his fathers legacy in X men Legacy? I hope The entire franchise gets turned around into the whole Outlawed and hated like they were in the 80's and have Cyclops break out and lead a band of outlaws to defend mutants rights and maybe become a pain in the ass for the Uncanny Avengers lol

i dont think Storm will take over shes in X force and well i think that means she will be working closely with the wolverine school which means she will be under wolverine cause its his school which is stupid, utterly stupid.

Cannonball i would love to see get pushed but not to the level of ultimate leader but maybe having his own team again, Cable wouldn't be bad but i think in teh end they have to bring Cyclops back to us or we will be stuck with Wolverine <.<

its not that i hate wolverine hes just too over used, The X Franchise needs a leader that is dedicated to just them and not used in avengers and their own solo series part time Fantastic Four and a member of a Wednesday night bridge club, the franchise deserves it's own leader that we don't have to share with the rest of the Marvel U

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By allthatsgeek

@McKlayn said:

its not that i hate wolverine

I sure do.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By McKlayn

@allthatsgeek: lol they have a way of making you wish he was never created dont they? Hes a great character honestly but so over used and when different writers write him his personality varies, hes a ratings slut and despite having come to terms the X franchise isn't getting rid of him, i do think we deserve a leader who is dedicated to the franchise.

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By allthatsgeek

@McKlayn: I didn't always hate Wolverine, I just really really hate how he's been written lately, and the fact that he's EVERYWHERE. I know he's always been busy, but it's impossible for him to be in all these places at once.

It actually makes me miss seeing Deadpool showing up everywhere, and I hated that.

Kurolegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kurolegacy

@DATNIGGA: From the looks of the scene, it was both Hope and Wanda together that broke the spell rather than just Hope alone.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By McKlayn

@allthatsgeek: yea lol i used to despise deadpool but his stint in UXF has been good, and thats along with his solo series seem to be the only place hes been popping up, i can live with that

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DATNIGGA

@One_Eye: lol yeah I feel you haha

@McKlayn said:

Oh god i hope they don't make Wolverine the leader of the X Franchise now.

**bangs head on desk**

Maybe Legion? He seems to be trying to carry on his fathers legacy in X men Legacy? I hope The entire franchise gets turned around into the whole Outlawed and hated like they were in the 80's and have Cyclops break out and lead a band of outlaws to defend mutants rights and maybe become a pain in the ass for the Uncanny Avengers lol

i dont think Storm will take over shes in X force and well i think that means she will be working closely with the wolverine school which means she will be under wolverine cause its his school which is stupid, utterly stupid.

Cannonball i would love to see get pushed but not to the level of ultimate leader but maybe having his own team again, Cable wouldn't be bad but i think in teh end they have to bring Cyclops back to us or we will be stuck with Wolverine <.<

its not that i hate wolverine hes just too over used, The X Franchise needs a leader that is dedicated to just them and not used in avengers and their own solo series part time Fantastic Four and a member of a Wednesday night bridge club, the franchise deserves it's own leader that we don't have to share with the rest of the Marvel U

Im a little tired of wolverine honestly.... the guy is cool but come on HES EVERYWHERE! its not even good anymore -____-

Legion is trying to carry on the legacy & hes extremely powerful... but I'm not sure how much of leader he is... of course since this is legion were talking about here he probably has a separate personalty that is a good leader lol

Mutants are gonna be hated but since the Avengers & the X men are backing them up the race is probably in good hands. but cyke is deff gonna be an outlaw

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Aero_gt

Scott Summers will get out no doubt, but what will he do is the question. Him, Emma, ERIK, and Illyana would work great as teamates. Mags and Scott are ... the Closest they are to the same people in a misunderstood hero type way. Emma and Scott have an understanding with flaws and whatnot, and Magik practically has no one else and is used to following Scoot. Hopefully they recruit different mutants on some faraway plain.

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By allthatsgeek

@McKlayn said:

@allthatsgeek: yea lol i used to despise deadpool but his stint in UXF has been good, and thats along with his solo series seem to be the only place hes been popping up, i can live with that

I'm a huge Deadpool fan, but dear god he was over-exposed and (for the majority) poorly written.

@Aero_gt said:

Scott Summers will get out no doubt, but what will he do is the question. Him, Emma, ERIK, and Illyana would work great as teamates. Mags and Scott are ... the Closest they are to the same people in a misunderstood hero type way. Emma and Scott have an understanding with flaws and whatnot, and Magik practically has no one else and is used to following Scoot. Hopefully they recruit different mutants on some faraway plain.

That does seem to be the way they are headed. There was a 3 page spread solicit for All-New Over-Hyphenated X-Men which featured the original 5 in the middle, with the School staff on one side, and Cyke, Emma, Magneto and Magik on the other looking all TOUGH AND BROODY, which would seem to suggest a certain...infamy about it.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By poisonfleur

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

No Caption Provided

Dafuq????

This cover is so wrong-- In ALL Too Many ways!!

What am I looking at!?!?!? XD

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dakens son

@DATNIGGA: Yeah,there possibilities as how marvel sees thing now days but it will totally suck if they turn him into the big cheese of the mutant nation,

I mean how many more teams can he lead?

I am a big Wolverine fun but I like him better as a lone wolf or a kill team leader than a teacher or a ruler,for god sakes Literature teacher?

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dakens son

@One_Eye: Jeez dude,how can you create an erecting image with Wolverine and his staff?

I'm trying to think jean grey school as a brothel but...I failed!

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By Inverno

If that undo everything that happened after House of M, I am in.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#29  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

I Love the XMEN and cant eait for more mutants!!! but I really dont have money to buy more X books.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#30  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@poisonfleur: how? The cover looks awesome

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By OmegaHans

@Crash_Recovery said:

This is absurd. So now, in addition to the body count racked up by the F5, we see more innocent civilians affected by their nonsense.

Agreed, look what they had to do to get here, screw up most of the Marvel Earth just to bring back a bunch of stupid mutants. This is the great future of Marvel Earth touted so much?

CJStriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CJStriker

It was both Scarlet Witch and Hope Working together that brought New Mutants to the World.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#33  Edited By papad1992

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: Well it's good to see Genesis makes it out unscathed from the current Uncanny X-Force story!!

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34  Edited By lorex

I wonder at the end of Avengers vs X-Men, Magneto was on the list of 'Renegade' X-Men even though he was in the group that tried to stop Cyclops. Is he an outlaw now cause of the past or because he he did not bend his knee to the new Avenger authority over superhumans. Also with a whold new crop of mutants in the world will Magneto reform the brotherhood or whatever he wants to call it. There is one other thing that I think has not been confirmed yet. Are these new mutants new to being mutants or are they the same mutants that lost their powers in the decimation, this I think needs to be clarified.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#35  Edited By papad1992

@lorex said:

I wonder at the end of Avengers vs X-Men, Magneto was on the list of 'Renegade' X-Men even though he was in the group that tried to stop Cyclops. Is he an outlaw now cause of the past or because he he did not bend his knee to the new Avenger authority over superhumans. Also with a whold new crop of mutants in the world will Magneto reform the brotherhood or whatever he wants to call it. There is one other thing that I think has not been confirmed yet. Are these new mutants new to being mutants or are they the same mutants that lost their powers in the decimation, this I think needs to be clarified.

The "re-powerment" just happened.... give it a few issues, they'll probably clarify!

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Skaddix

Nah they would rather have Mags suck summers d*** then lead again. Despite the fact that Magneto should in character go solo, scott has nothing now. No Cash, No Followers, and No Country.

Nick1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nick1977

Storm needs to lead! She's it. To me she is what can bring the X-MEN back to where they should be. Storm needs to command the X-MEN not Wolverine or anyone else at this point.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By poisonfleur

@MadeinBangladesh: Looks like the worst class session even in X-men history. Teachers: Storm, Beast, and Iceman acid gun down student's tied to a chair while in a madhouse. That's nutz!! XD

Don't get me wrong the art and detail is great.

(in my defense- I just picked up my first Wolverine and the X-men book yesterday.)

Lapsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lapsus

If the former mutants get his powers back, OK for me (but maybe no for many who want still without powers)

But if this new wave of mutant affect normal people too, i don´t see the good part of this.

Is like make the same mistake again.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DATNIGGA

@OmegaHans: said:

@Crash_Recovery said:

Agreed, look what they had to do to get here, screw up most of the Marvel Earth just to bring back a bunch of stupid mutants. This is the great future of Marvel Earth touted so much?

''stupid mutants'' is horrible term to use.

mostly cause mutants are the only powered people in marvel U that have unique powers outside of the generic

Super strength, Super speed, endurance, Energy projection & in enhanced senses like most hero's *COUGH COUGH avengers are so good with... they bring more variety in there ability's

acording to marvel U evolution mutants are the next step so... yeah

But over all a few things aren't clarified about these new mutants...

regular people that go turned?

were they people who where suppose to be mutants but weren't?

are they re powered mutants?

or are they all the above?

something I wonder about...

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Crimsonlord53

@Crimsonlord53:

Well the preview for uncanny avengers show a re powered mutant attacking NYC. Heck the scene with cap and alex summers is worth the look alone it raised my opinion of alex's a hundred fold.

antemiusenteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By antemiusenteri

@One_Eye: it's going to be the Howlett and Munroe train now , which is overdue if you ask me

antemiusenteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By antemiusenteri

@Skaddix: the way it should be

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Skaddix

@Aero_gt said:

All in all its not a bad team. They just need a brick and a tech genius. Besides that I think they cover everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-63417c6af01d0
    deactivated-63417c6af01d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

No Caption Provided

Looks like Quire is wearing a "Cyclops was right" shirt. I like that.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aero_gt said:

It would be good for Magik to stay in Limbo and just do her own thing for a while. Having her make some appearances as a heroine alongside Dr. Strange or when demons are involved would be pretty cool. It actually might be an even better idea to promote her to Sorceress Supreme since they were trying to demote Dr. Strange, anyway. Given the direction of Marvel Now, where superheros with mutant powers are mixing more with other teams, that would be a cool direction to take the character and I can see a lot of fan support for a Willow-like character.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By OmegaHans

@DATNIGGA:

Stupid as in ignorant stupid, giving that some were human and now have powers overnight.

I don't hate all of them but are they now going to go back to the time when there was far too much of these mutants to give a care about?

Not to mention the severe repercussions of this short term and long term, those that don't know how to use these blatant powers, more excuses for mutant/human bigotry and in-fighting. So far it has only done more harm than good.

Yeah, some of you think this is all well and good NOW, but watch how much of a mess this is going to (possibly) make.

Ugh, this blasted event... after all that has happened, the more I think about it the more this mess is just going to drag on and on I just bet you it will.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.