Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

The new mutants on Scott's team

CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By CerealKiller

At first i was disappointed when i heard they would be creating new characters for the uncanny team instead of using some awesome characters they already had (Like Mercury, Pixie, Surge etc. I'm sure you all had favorites you wanted to see show up too instead of being background characters in wolverines school) but now, only four issues in, i'm actually surprised at how much i like them so far!

We have Eva Bell: Tempus: Ability to create time bubbles.I love that the x-men have an australian character who isn't so stereotypical (even if she did let out a 'crikey' in the latest issue haha. Its funny if bendis uses it once...she'd better not have a catchphrase : p). She seems really cool so far. from her first appearance in all new x-men it's shown that she may be a little shy around guys and that she has a crazy-protective older brother named steven. in the first few panels she had brown hair but after her power first manifested it turned blue with white streaks at the front (she's super pretty actually! Her uniform is really cute too. Almost like an anime design...just a little more badass though haha) Her mum has been mentioned but not a dad (Also, i picked up that they write her saying 'mom' when us aussies actually say 'mum' like english people do. Just a little slip up). She also idolized captain america when she was younger, but when meeting him actually froze him and the avengers in a time bubble when they were confronting scott. So it looks like she has an allegiance to the team but might be conflicted over having the avengers be against them. Illyana called her 'the smart one'. It also seems like chris might have a thing for her.

Christopher Muse: Triage: Healing powers: First off i think he is way more interesting than elixir ever was, at least to me. In his first appearance its revealed that he actually brought a girl back to life (his friend died after falling and hitting her head, his powers manifested and she was revived when he touched. He is ridiculously calm and collected and seems the least freaked out about coming onto cyclop's team, even being excited about. he says he hated college and his life and now he feels like being an x-man is awesome. he didnt even want to go back and see his family "There us nothing, and i mean nothing, for me back in the real world" .he also seems to have a dry sense of humor and is called a 'cheeky boy' by Eva. He wears a suit and tie with goggles as a kind of uniform. I still don't know if he carries around the stick for a purpose or...i dunno, style tips from lion kings rafiki?

Benjamin Deed: Chameleon like powers. i dont think he has a code name yet, though i think something like mimic would be cool maybe. Has anyone seen a name revealed in interviews or anything? his powers manifested when he accidentally took on his friends form (kind of in a way similar to mystique, but maybe he wont be able to control it as much as she can. at least not yet anyway) He was recruited by cyclops personally outside of his college. so far he's seemed like the most hesitant to join the team and it seems like he has a kind of pessimistic attitude in general. not to say he isnt nice, but he doesnt seem very confident. when talking to eva its shown in panels that he subconsciously started to change his from to look like her. his hair streaked slightly first, then changed fully to hers, then he even changed so her had her face. it was kind of cool.

Fabio Medina: ...he creates these bouncy golden ball things: code name is unofficially goldenballs to the team. i dont think he wants this to stick haha. So far he is probably the least interesting of the four and his powers seem less than cool so far. Maybe some amazing writing and creativeness can make it work to be awesome but i will have to see it too believe it. He seems kind of nice and bumbling. might be a bit of comic relief on this uber serious team.

Its shown that christopher and benjamin are definitely college aged, but i think Eva may be younger, but she is shown out at the gold coast night scene ,so i'd say she's at least 18 if she's hanging around clubs and bars. Fabio, i dont know. but he hasnt mentioned school, only a fastfood job, plus he has facial hair. So technically is the new xavier school kind of more like a college than a highschool? i kind of like the older kids as opposed to 16 year olds. it fits that Scott's team would be more mature anyway, suiting the tone of the book.

so yeah, TLDR, I am really liking these new characters so far! What do you guys think?

(edit: this is my first time posting a new topic, i think i accidentally set it as a question when it really isnt. Is it important/or possible for me to change it back? haha such a forum newbie)

Jg0587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jg0587

I like Eva a lot. As a fan of ANX I'm hoping maybe she'll convert to the JGS team eventually ;)

Among the more recent "young" mutants, 3 of these in the UXM are more interesting than most new introduced ones (at least to me) so I'm excited.

CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jg0587: no way, i want her to stay right where she is! : p. JGS has enough students as it is! Uncanny team needs at least one girl (does illyana count as a girl at this point? What age is she roughly? oh well, she barely seems like a kid at all regardless!)

it would really fun to eventually see the two groups of kids meet up though. It might be like average school rivalries....only not so average, and instead of pranks....they battle eachother with mutant powers!

Jg0587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be a cool concept.

Another interesting idea is what if it was the younger x-men who reunited each side. The idea being that all the older jaded xmen we have known for so long are so blinded by their history but the innocence and rose-colored lenses of the younger ones somehow brings the x-men together.

Of course story wise this would be bad because peace and happiness doesn't make a good story, conflict does.

But either way I agree with you about the younger mutants in UNX. I like Eva, Poink, and whatever the chameleon guy's name is. I liked triage earlier on in the series but not lately...

CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jg0587: Yeah, innocence of youth! They don't have the history behind all this dragging them down. Maybe for the most part they will be rivals but maybe one or a couple from each side will secretly be friends with someone on the other team. but that would be awhile down the track anyway, your right, for now reading about the conflict is the most interesting stuff!

And why dont you like triage? i think he's really interesting. what made you start to change your mind about him?

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Even though i am not a big fan of Bendis, i like Eva and Christopher. I think they could have real potential especially with all the preferential treatment they'll be getting on Uncanny.

I do find that these two characters in particular don't come off as very original and will get spotlight at the expense of others missing out on it. In appearance Eva initially looked a lot at like Rachel Grey and/or Sofia Mantega (when she was in New Warriors). Since then she has got black/blue hair and looks like Surge, but as a white girl. Her powers have also been done before too but with Sway and Tempo. They were killed off unfortunately and remain dead, as is the fate of most non-white X-men.

Christopher to me seems to be mix of Prodigy and Elixer also from New Mutants/X-men fame. But lucky for him both of those guys have been swept under the rug so to speak so Christopher can take up both their niches. As the token black guy on cyclops side and the team medic. Good luck Triage, i have high hope for you.

As for the other guys i think they should get fun codenames. Maybe Fabio can be called Lotto or for you Anglos Bingo! And Benjamin can be called Ditto. ^-^

I hope in the future when they recruit other new mutant they look outside the US and go to Asia where i am sure there are many many many mutants waiting to be recognized. Uncanny X-men really need more diversity.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Veitha

In my country people starts hanging out around clubs and bars at 14 lol I don't know how half of the country hasn't already turned into alcholic.

Anyway, I really like the new mutants, especially Eva and the chamaleon guy... Oh, and Tempus is latin for time, I know, but what does Triage mean?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Lol. Elixir and Sway. I could only ever like Christopher at this point, because he is a minority.

Get some bloody originality and stop convoluting an already convoluted universe.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@veitha: Intricate meaning, but it's basically the process in which a person/people undergoes while healing from injuries of any kind, well, the process itself is determined by the scale of how severe the injuries are. So yeah, it fits him.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I really only like Eva, especially after UXM #4. In fact, pretty much every other one seems dumb now. I really didn't like the "cheeky" conversation in the dorm rooms, but maybe that's just Bendis. Whatever. I do like the X-man from the past that joined though! Spoilers: It's Warren

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@ageofhurricane said:

Lol. Elixir and Sway. I could only ever like Christopher at this point, because is a minority.

Get some bloody originality and stop convoluting an already convoluted universe.

you say that like you think Elixir was a totally original concept...

Anyway, yeah, I'm actually starting to warm to the new kids. Most surprisingly, for me, the chameleon kid. Seemed like a dull idea, but now I think they have an interesting plan for him.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: When i think of Elixir, my brain doesn't link his own space of data to his predecessor. With this guy, it's bloody blatant.

CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: ugh, i totally needed to know this! Thankyou! I had no idea what triage meant when i read it. How it it pronounced? Try-age (As in the way you would pronounce the end of nicki minaj's name) or try-age (like your actually talking about age) or something like tree-age.

@veitha i didnt know what Tempus meant, thankyou! i even tried looking it up and couldnt get as straight an answer as this. Why couldnt google tell me this? haha

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Veitha

@ageofhurricane said:

@veitha: Intricate meaning, but it's basically the process in which a person/people undergoes while healing from injuries of any kind, well, the process itself is determined by the scale of how severe the injuries are. So yeah, it fits him.

thank you!

@cerealkiller said:

@veitha i didnt know what Tempus meant, thankyou! i even tried looking it up and couldnt get as straight an answer as this. Why couldnt google tell me this? haha

ahhaha you're welcome. It's one of the few useful things of studying latin, the other one is understand Harry Potter's spells lol

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerealkiller:

I'm starting to like Tempus, especially when she whipped out her time bubble and stopped the Avengers in one swift move.

Then again, I do admit, I miss a few awesome X-Men, such as Elixir, Prodigy (who will appear in Young Avengers soon) and (because I'm completely biased) Cypher + Warlock.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@ageofhurricane said:

@oldnightcrawler: When i think of Elixir, my brain doesn't link his own space of data to his predecessor. With this guy, it's bloody blatant.

yeah, no, I can totally see that. But as long as they make his personality distinct, that won't bug me. I do like it when characters personalities are obviously effected by their powers, but there are multiple ways to interpret how any power could effect someone (like how telepathy made Jean altruistic and Emma arrogant, as an easy example).

Something I do like about this new batch, though, is that they don't have what Claremont refered to as "point and shoot" powers; none of them have powers that are especially combat worthy, they're all more defence type powers, which I think makes them a little less obvious, and more interesting.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@oldnightcrawler: There's no "they" in this, it's Bendis, and knowing me, i'm not going to elaborate my sentiments further on as to why i think it's bloody hilarious to hope for the guy having a "distinct" personality. LOLOLOL.

And it also depends on the way in which these powers are used, Bendis has already PIS'ed with Eva, i look forward to seeing the upcoming uses.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm liking all of them, Eva and Benjamin specially, and I really hope they stick with Scott, because if not, they will be forever deemed as background material in the JGS.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't mind them but they're not as entertaining as Wolverine's group. And of course I'm expecting them to all die horrible deaths any moment.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.