Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Start anew...

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you think a total reboot of the x-men would save our favorite team?

Everything to start and take place now, 2016.

Xavier building the x-men from scratch in the present time.

The o5 to be in cooler, realistic costumes.

Maybe different o5 dynamics or even powersets.

Just like dc's rebirth

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is not how DCs rebirth went at all.

Your thinking about the New 52

And the answer is no. They've tried it before its called Ultimate X-Men. And the concept of watching Xavier build the team has been reused so much it wouldn't have as much impact as you'd hope.

Just give me a soft reboot, like the actual DC Rebirth is, showing off the best parts of the X-Men franchise and moving away from the "unhappy heroes in the dirt" mindset that has locked us out of any positive X-Men moments for the last 8 years.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By HAWK2916

I think people base their angst toward a reboot off of Ultimate X-men which is a poor consideration in my opinion. A reboot doesn't have to follow that format at all. I think a reboot has the potential to be good and definitely a shot in the arm for the franchise. I know there is a whole lot of history and all but I would do probably a series of OGN's retelling and updating somewhat the big iconic decade defining stories, while ignoring some of the more convoluted and ridiculous ones. Then come back strong with several ongoings

One thing Marvel or just the X-men in general could take from DC's Rebirth though would be the price point and going to the two issues per month thing

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not much of a reboot is necessary. Just get rid of the terrigen mist killing mutants issue and give them some actual wins. The most progress that x-men had was when they went to San Francisco and then they took 50 steps backwards. Plus bring back some of the villains so they're not still arguing with each other over the same things again.

TL;DR: Change writers.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TristanHeron

To truly have the X-Men move forward and stop repeating the same stories, they need to let all of the old guard X-Men retire, die or otherwise move on, like Claremont originally intended.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly wouldn't want a reboot because then we'd start from point 1 and while I don't like where the X-Men are at now I do like a lot of the characters that have come and gone and it'd be very possible that most of them would either be overlooked and not done at all or just killed off to trim the fat.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MasterOfEvil

@raunjisto: Exactly. I can work with Uncanny and Extraordinary (despite the lack of Apocalypse in Apocalypse Wars), but one idea that would help fix things is bringing classic elements to the present. Like sending the O5 Xmen back to wherever and get their older counterparts back together. I'd read the bloody hell out of a comic that brings the real Jean Grey back!

But the big thing for me is giving actual long lasting progress. like in Ultimate when Kitty was seen (by literally everyone) saving the world from Galactus. Mutant hate came to a screeching halt when that happened.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't really need to reboot. Just need some better direction.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.