Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Should X-Men movies reboot or follow the original 3 movies?

• 68 results
    frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jnr6lil said:

Continue, The trilogy was great and First Class was the best The actors and the characters were. People complaining about X3 so much. It was a decent movie, just should've been two parts for character development and two plots. They didn't use Cyclops' character wrong, Just how he is in the comics.

Have you ever read an X-men comic?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@frogdog: Crying over Jean? He did that alot

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By frogdog

@jnr6lil said:

Difference being that cyclops in the comics got over it. Movie cyclops spent his whole 15 mins being mopey about until jean killed him, and proceed to make out with wolverine.

Seriously there's thread pointing out how cyclops was used terrible in the movie.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reboot it with a non-pretty boy fairly short Wolverine that is not the center of the story. Stop making Jean-Wolvie-Scott love triangle the center of romances. More exposure to the likes of Storm, Beast, Cyclops (make him not a jerk too), Iceman, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue etc. Make it a team film. Perhaps add Gambit to the core team as well. Make the Sentinels part of the story. Bishop or Cable time travellers wouldn't hurt (perhaps on sequels).

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Reboot it with a non-pretty boy fairly short Wolverine that is not the center of the story. Stop making Jean-Wolvie-Scott love triangle the center of romances. More exposure to the likes of Storm, Beast, Cyclops (make him not a jerk too), Iceman, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue etc. Make it a team film. Perhaps add Gambit to the core team as well. Make the Sentinels part of the story. Bishop or Cable time travellers wouldn't hurt (perhaps on sequels).

I definitely agree with this, especially about making the X-men movies about the team and not just about Wolverine. That was something that always annoyed me about the previous movies.

MT_Revolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: he is one of the most popular x men but yea tht got annoying thr had so much potential for more charactersthey left nightctawler out for the stupidest reason

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: he is one of the most popular x men but yea tht got annoying thr had so much potential for more charactersthey left nightctawler out for the stupidest reason

I agree that it would have been a great opportunity for other characters to get a shine also. There are other X-Men characters that are just as popular as Wolverine out there.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

Negotiate with Marvel to get Whedon on a reboot, in exchange for them loaning the Golden Goose, the new X-Men will be apart of the MCU. Call the reboot Astonishing X-Men. Watch the money roll in.

No thanks. I want a reboot but I don't want them to be a part of MCU. Why? Cause Marvel would inevitably sacrifice the X-Men to build up Avengers. If DC is notorious for Batwanking at the expense of other characters, Marvel is notorious for Avengerwanking at the expense of other teams.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@jonsmith said:

Negotiate with Marvel to get Whedon on a reboot, in exchange for them loaning the Golden Goose, the new X-Men will be apart of the MCU. Call the reboot Astonishing X-Men. Watch the money roll in.

No thanks. I want a reboot but I don't want them to be a part of MCU. Why? Cause Marvel would inevitably sacrifice the X-Men to build up Avengers. If DC is notorious for Batwanking at the expense of other characters, Marvel is notorious for Avengerwanking at the expense of other teams.

I do have a feeling that Marvel might do that to raise the Avengers' popularity, but the X-Men might have a good chance in the MCU if they are just as popular as the Avengers.

Preacher1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see a reboot, but have it based round the mister sinister/savage land saga like in the animated series, i'd also like to see more sentinels, maybe shot jubilee, gambit, a bit more of kitty and collosus in to.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reboot the entire thing. No disrespect to the actors, but as I said before, the movies don't hold up too well: the powers ended up being used in ways that clearly showed a limited budget, the acting (no disrespect to the actors who often had to be told to stare intently into the distance and etc.) was very wooden and the story lines were bland. Fantastic Four, for all of its' weaknesses, managed to be somewhat fun whereas the X-Men seemed depressed, dreary and downtrodden. I have a long list of things that bothered me about the first series, but the main point was that the characters in all three movies felt unnatural which made it harder to think of them as human. It's like the director never sat with the actors and actresses to really forge a way for them to act like their powers were natural part of their characters via acting ability - seems like Singer just said, "Look into the sky and stare very hard. We'll put some FX in there so just hold the pose for thirty seconds."

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#62  Edited By Teerack

You know there's like some kind of bitter sweet appropriateness to the current mess of the x-men movies time lines/continuity... it just seems so x-meny.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reboot the entire thing. No disrespect to the actors, but as I said before, the movies don't hold up too well: the powers ended up being used in ways that clearly showed a limited budget, the acting (no disrespect to the actors who often had to be told to stare intently into the distance and etc.) was very wooden and the story lines were bland. Fantastic Four, for all of its' weaknesses, managed to be somewhat fun whereas the X-Men seemed depressed, dreary and downtrodden. I have a long list of things that bothered me about the first series, but the main point was that the characters in all three movies felt unnatural which made it harder to think of them as human. It's like the director never sat with the actors and actresses to really forge a way for them to act like their powers were natural part of their characters via acting ability - seems like Singer just said, "Look into the sky and stare very hard. We'll put some FX in there so just hold the pose for thirty seconds."

I agree with all this. I found the X-Men films to be a bit too bleak, even though they are exploring a concept that is often serious. There were many times in the comics where the stories were a big light-hearted and there were interesting relationships between the X-Men, but the movies rarely show these relationships (well maybe X2 was the only one that kind of showed these relationships).

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman in the 80's and Batman in the 90's. Outside of those, there weren't many Superhero movies that were main stream (Blade, TMNT, Crow and Spawn aren't really Superheroes in the traditional sense). X-1 really revolutionized the superhero genre, and, more importantly, put Marvel on the map. Without X-1, we wouldn't have Ironman, the Avengers, or even the Dark Knight.

Should Fox reboot? No. Sure they've killed off a lot of characters but I'm so tired of the reboot mentality. Just recast and continue soldering on. Fox has two eras that can be explored in its movies now between "the present" with Wolverine and "the past" with First Class. Days of Future Past is going to bridge the gap and firmly entwine the two eras as sharing the same universe.

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@jnr6lil said:

Difference being that cyclops in the comics got over it. Movie cyclops spent his whole 15 mins being mopey about until jean killed him, and proceed to make out with wolverine.

Seriously there's thread pointing out how cyclops was used terrible in the movie.

That's what happens when the actor decides it is a better career move to go be Lois Lane's boyfriend than stick around and be Wolverine's rival. :P

Now-a-days they would just re-cast Cyclops.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
    MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reboot please.

At it's core the X-Men are a family, dysfunctional and disturbing at times to be sure, but most families are that way- bickering and hating one another at the surface but underneath it all having a deeper connection of love (and certainly co-dependence too) tying them all together. This is something that has sadly been lost in the source material in recent years with all the emphasis on huge crossover arcs and 'events', so what can we honestly expect from a big budget film that is going to try to pander to the lowest common denominator of moviegoers? You're not suggesting substance are you?

yes, actually .. I am

I think what made X-Men wonderful was the way it had of including people who'd been cast out and thrown away with the garbage and refuse and making you, the reader, feel as if you were invited to join them there in the middle of it all- so you too were part of the X-Men in a way... does anyone remember those years? I want that feeling when I go to see an X-Men movie. No, not an X-Men movie... an X-Men FILM. Yeah, there is a difference.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reboot please.

At it's core the X-Men are a family, dysfunctional and disturbing at times to be sure, but most families are that way- bickering and hating one another at the surface but underneath it all having a deeper connection of love (and certainly co-dependence too) tying them all together. This is something that has sadly been lost in the source material in recent years with all the emphasis on huge crossover arcs and 'events', so what can we honestly expect from a big budget film that is going to try to pander to the lowest common denominator of moviegoers? You're not suggesting substance are you?

yes, actually .. I am

I think what made X-Men wonderful was the way it had of including people who'd been cast out and thrown away with the garbage and refuse and making you, the reader, feel as if you were invited to join them there in the middle of it all- so you too were part of the X-Men in a way... does anyone remember those years? I want that feeling when I go to see an X-Men movie. No, not an X-Men movie... an X-Men FILM. Yeah, there is a difference.

I definitely agree with this! It's a bit hard for me to get into the current X-Men comics because that sense of family that the X-Men always had in the previous years is not as prevalent as it was years ago. I loved the X-Men because they were that crazy dysfunctional family trying to make it in a world that hates them while dealing with each other at the same time.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sick of reboots, but in this case go for it.keep Kelsey Grammar though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.