Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Should Wolverine and Storm Be The Next X-Men 'Power Couple'?

Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Chibi-Iroh

Storm and Black Panther should never have been put together anyway. The only reason they were made a couple is because they were both African characters. I've always wanted to see Storm and Wolverine together in a relationship.

Panthro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By Panthro22

No they should NOT! Storm obviously never loved the Black Panther if she can jump right into the bed of another man. C'mon! As an African princess, surely she wouldn't resort to the kind of tawdriness of Americans. Marvel needs to keep her above "common" folks and make her either wish for her husband or just keep her single and 'man-free'. I disagree with the direction Marvel wants to take Storm in. She has never been a loose woman before.

NightHaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By NightHaunter

I kinda got the impression this is a Danvers/Spidey thing, where it's hinted every now and again for fun but never really happens. Storm is my least favourite X-man, or probably just comic book character, so I'd like her involvement kept to a minimum but I do think they would make an interesting pair.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#204  Edited By pixelized

She looks like Aunt May in that first series of scenes

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#205  Edited By jonEsherfey

Does any one else think that it is strange that it happened after the Superman Wonder Woman thing. While they are not a couple it is still interesting timing.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#206  Edited By jrock85

It won't work.

Casshern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Casshern

Everyone is to young to be with Wolverine.

Soooo...he could be with anyone!! and it still would be weird!

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#208  Edited By Ferro Vida

In Wolverine: Evolution (Jeph Loeb), Wolverine stated in his internal monologue that Storm was the kind of woman he loved but knew things would never work with (or something to that effect. It's been a few years). I think it's just a tease.

Although, they were a cute couple in the 90s TV show.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#209  Edited By Ferro Vida

@FoxxFireArt said:

You know how they did that "Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe". They might as well now make the "Wolverine Sleeps with the Marvel Universe". Seems as if they're a third of the way there already.

Daredevil is closer to it.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#210  Edited By jhazzroucher

I think they're really meant for each other. : )

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Silver Zeal

BP will 4evr b d BEST partner 4 Storm

acon70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By acon70

cant wait to see how they do this!!! i hope it works out!!!!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#213  Edited By poisonfleur

This would make them Marvel's number 1 couple... EVER

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#214  Edited By dangallant984
    No Caption Provided

This is from Uncanny X-men Annual #11, 1987. As for the cover to WatX-men #24, my guess is that this is an old friends rebound booty call, that both of them will understand as such. They've both been around enough, and know each other well enough, to not let it be more than that. They've had that level of understanding as long as I've been reading them.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By jhazzroucher

a huge YES!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By butterflykyss

no and thnk u

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By butterflykyss

@Panthro22 said:

No they should NOT! Storm obviously never loved the Black Panther if she can jump right into the bed of another man. C'mon! As an African princess, surely she wouldn't resort to the kind of tawdriness of Americans. Marvel needs to keep her above "common" folks and make her either wish for her husband or just keep her single and 'man-free'. I disagree with the direction Marvel wants to take Storm in. She has never been a loose woman before.

this ftw

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#218  Edited By dangallant984

@butterflykyss said:

@Panthro22 said:

this ftw

'cause, y'know, you can't love more than one person.

I like to think that Storm is "above common folks", in that she doesn't subscribe to sexist double standards or restrictive heteronormative judgements of people. She's way too classy for that.

shark317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By shark317

No, no, no, just no. They have had moments of flirting, but Storm's flirted with Gambit, Bishop, Cable, Nightcrawler, and others too. Wolverine and Storm doesn't even look right. He comes up to what...her chest at best? I'm fine with them having a friends with benefits situation for comfort or whatever, but Ororo needs to be with someone who will pull her out of her shell and allow her to do all the goofy, girly things she seems to have missed out on for a variety of reasons. Where is Slipstream (Davis Cameron) or someone like him? Ororo needs to be in a relationship that she will actually be given solid billing. With Wolverine she would be the sidekick.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

@Panthro22 said:

this ftw

More like "for the lame"

That woman's uterus is alive and healthy, and she is fine as hell. Black Panther neglected her for a helluva long time, and AVX brought to light issues that most fans already knew about earlier. "Storm obviously never loved the Black Panther if she can jump right into the bed of another man"? He annulled their marriage. She can f*ck whoever she wants to............I personally want her to be in a lesbian relationship with Psylocke

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By jhazzroucher

Only Storm can tame Wolverine.

xtremexfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By xtremexfan

I know marvel likes to tease this, but it could never happen. We all know Wolverine loves jean, and once she comes back, he'll ditch Ororo in a flat second.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By jhazzroucher

@xtremexfan said:

I know marvel likes to tease this, but it could never happen. We all know Wolverine loves jean, and once she comes back, he'll ditch Ororo in a flat second.

@xtremexfan said:

hmmm, what if when Jean comes back, Storm and Wolverine are already married... with children?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#224  Edited By BR_Havoc

One a second did they not already do this same thing on a cover last year? were it was Storm with her Mohawk making out with Cyclops? and that really did not go anywhere plus I am really confused in the A+X series they show Storm and Panther still have feelings for each other and most likely will get back together.

No Caption Provided
    Frito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Frito

Well I guess Ororo is a cornball sister and a midget lover. Anyways they are a great pair. Both are Scott's left and right hand, well Wolverine would be Scott's balls.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Umbraa

White Mage, stop saying that repeating that complete nonsense about neglect. The only neglect was done by X-editorial against writers like David Liss who are on record saying they were *denied* use of Storm, X-editorial refusal to acknowledge or support their relationship along with Storm status as Queen mattering at all, or with Brevoort confirming X-editorial/writer sabotage and obstruction of the marriage growning and support (from the start). Meaning, they wanted her soley for the X-office...meaning no Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, New Avengers or future romantic relationships with characers out side of the X-men and that includes Avengers like Thor for example(who would make her pointless quickly). You had Storm in a entire series Adjectiveless X-men run (by Victor Gishler and B. Wood) were they didn't acknowledge them being married or even allow him to show up at all... when every other character under the sun was a guess star (mainly under Gishler). So the whole neglect is total nonsense that ignores the real reality of the situation. Either way, it looks like now suddenly the X office is supporting her more, which is good. I personally prefer Logan with Jean, and Storm alone for a while so that she can get character development that she needs. Still, It just hightlights the X-office, the x-writers and X-men sad history when it comes to black male characters. There is simply no way to over look at problem...one Axel Alonso admitted was a issue.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By chasereis

@Babs: I would honestly like Wolvie to be Ororo's rebound guy. There is clearly a lot of love and respect between them, I love the interactions between then after storm took the X-men from Cyke in Uncanny 201 for stint of 2+ years the relationship between the two was deep.

for record I never liked the black panther marriage crap anyway, it seemed so forced. Anyway great post Babs!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Umbraa said:

White Mage, stop saying that repeating that complete nonsense about neglect. The only neglect was done by X-editorial against writers like David Liss who are on record saying they were *denied* use of Storm, X-editorial refusal to acknowledge or support their relationship along with Storm status as Queen mattering at all, or with Brevoort confirming X-editorial/writer sabotage and obstruction of the marriage growning and support (from the start). Meaning, they wanted her soley for the X-office...meaning no Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, New Avengers or future romantic relationships with characers out side of the X-men and that includes Avengers like Thor for example(who would make her pointless quickly). You had Storm in a entire series Adjectiveless X-men run (by Victor Gishler and B. Wood) were they didn't acknowledge them being married or even allow him to show up at all... when every other character under the sun was a guess star (mainly under Gishler). So the whole neglect is total nonsense that ignores the real reality of the situation. Either way, it looks like now suddenly the X office is supporting her more, which is good. I personally prefer Logan with Jean, and Storm alone for a while so that she can get character development that she needs. Still, It just hightlights the X-office, the x-writers and X-men sad history when it comes to black male characters. There is simply no way to over look at problem...one Axel Alonso admitted was a issue.

Actually, I'm going to KEEP saying it, because we both know very well that I am right.

Just because it's badly written doesn't mean that it didn't happen

That man left his wife to go "Find himself", and spent time in New York doing his own thing. If you want to discuss writers failing them, well hell, we've been saying that from JUMP. But, what I said? No, it's not nonsense. It's a fickity fact, and all we can do is simply grit and bare it. Storm was written as multi-tasking to unnatural levels, because she was in Wakanda, and in the X-Men. Black Panther just went ghost.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Umbraa

All because of the X-office, which wrote her attacking him with a ex-nazi and a strike force, then acting like some gutter dwelling hood rat. And no I don't think you are right. Again, Liss wanted to use her..they didn't allow it. So they made it that way...it's not a valid argument...when that action was forced upon a writer who wanted to use her..but was allowed basically one issue.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Umbraa said:

All because of the X-office, which wrote her attacking him with a ex-nazi and a strike force, then acting like some gutter dwelling hood rat. And no I don't think you are right. Again, Liss wanted to use her..they didn't allow it. So they made it that way...it's not a valid argument...when that action was forced upon a writer who wanted to use her..but was allowed basically one issue.

And he was a petty, ignorant, self-absorbed "genius" who believed that kidnapping an omega-level mutant was the best thing to do, since the PHOENIX FORCE was coming to earth....That "King" moment was not exactly a high one. He engaged in a war, and essentially put that a$$-whoopin on layaway. The final payment was made when the Avengers gave out numerous red herrings, which lead Storm and her team to Wakanda........and she's a hood rat for fighting bare-handed? She WAS handling him like a GENTLE Goddess, with attacks to keep him from her team. He messed with her powers, and thought that that was that.......but, as we all read and saw, he was wrong. Your argument is that it's the office's fault........we all already know this. But what's on panel, is on panel. "Things should've been different", yeah, there are multiple websites saying the exact same thing. But, where Marvel left him as far as how he was portrayed in their marriage? ......not exactly the best lighting in the world.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Storm Calling

@Umbraa: Blaming the X-Office or any writer for what happened doesn't take away ANYTHING that happened on panel. You can blame the X-Office for killing off Nightcrawler, but guess what? It doesn't change the fact that he's dead and that writers have to acknowledge it in their stories. What happened, happened. Swallow it and accept the fact that BP is not perfect and he treated his wife like garbage in AvX and even before then.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@White Mage said:

@Umbraa said:

And he was a petty, ignorant, self-absorbed "genius" who believed that kidnapping an omega-level mutant was the best thing to do, since the PHOENIX FORCE was coming to earth....That "King" moment was not exactly a high one. He engaged in a war, and essentially put that a$$-whoopin on layaway. The final payment was made when the Avengers gave out numerous red herrings, which lead Storm and her team to Wakanda........and she's a hood rat for fighting bare-handed? She WAS handling him like a GENTLE Goddess, with attacks to keep him from her team. He messed with her powers, and thought that that was that.......but, as we all read and saw, he was wrong. Your argument is that it's the office's fault........we all already know this. But what's on panel, is on panel. "Things should've been different", yeah, there are multiple websites saying the exact same thing. But, where Marvel left him as far as how he was portrayed in their marriage? ......not exactly the best lighting in the world.

LMAO! Love and agree with your whole post but the bold is was my favorite part lol....and will be stolen :-).

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Umbraa

@stormcallimg that entire post was complete nonsense @Whitemage, he could have owned her...he *allowed* her to hit him. The rest is of your post is pure garbage, her team was not welcomed there and she knew it. What you ate suggesting is beyond absurd, she brought a strike force into *his* lands period and attack its King? The moment they started shooting, all bets were off. so like I said, we will have to agree to disagree. Keep blaming Fictional characters instead of the people who are writing them..and when I see Storm written incorrect, please remind silent! It happened on panel, right? Lol

knotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By knotty

YES! And it's about time!!!

They've been doing "stupid/bouncing beserker Logan" ever since Enemy of the State, and far to long at that. Fans thought it was cool to see how many times that Logan cut people up or got blown up--now, all I read is comic fans commenting on how mentally childish the character's become in some of his titles (like one scene in A vs. X where Logan refers to yin/yang as some "weird Iron Fist stuff." As a warrior, Logan knows that samurai have their own equivalent to Chinese yin/yang. And don't get me started on Logan blindly attacking Cap while the man's got his shield...) The character should definitely know better. With Storm at his side, Logan might return to some semblance of dignity and maturity.

Actually, what I'd like to see is the two BUILD a relationship again--not get married or have kids right away. (I don't want that asshole Quesada to try to torpedo it by having them argue like kids after three issues and break up). A longer amount of time will give their relationship a chance to develop in a positive way, I think. They've got too much history together--it's time to catch up on it.

And as for Storm--yeah, Storm's been humiliated by Gambit and BP, but never Logan. She's always had his utmost respect, even when they disagree. Likewise, Storm used to be there to STOP him from acting foolishly.

They have always made each other shine--and that's what good characters do.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By jhazzroucher

@knotty said:

YES! And it's about time!!!

They've been doing "stupid/bouncing beserker Logan" ever since Enemy of the State, and far to long at that. Fans thought it was cool to see how many times that Logan cut people up or got blown up--now, all I read is comic fans commenting on how mentally childish the character's become in some of his titles (like one scene in A vs. X where Logan refers to yin/yang as some "weird Iron Fist stuff." As a warrior, Logan knows that samurai have their own equivalent to Chinese yin/yang. And don't get me started on Logan blindly attacking Cap while the man's got his shield...) The character should definitely know better. With Storm at his side, Logan might return to some semblance of dignity and maturity.

Actually, what I'd like to see is the two BUILD a relationship again--not get married or have kids right away. (I don't want that asshole Quesada to try to torpedo it by having them argue like kids after three issues and break up). A longer amount of time will give their relationship a chance to develop in a positive way, I think. They've got too much history together--it's time to catch up on it.

And as for Storm--yeah, Storm's been humiliated by Gambit and BP, but never Logan. She's always had his utmost respect, even when they disagree. Likewise, Storm used to be there to STOP him from acting foolishly.

They have always made each other shine--and that's what good characters do.

OH YEAH! : )

Lucas996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Lucas996

i think storm most beautiful for Black panther, but for wolverine is perfect !

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#237  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I actually like these two as a couple, but since Wolverine isn't really Wolverine any more, it's hard to get behind. 

tempest x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By tempest x

hell no. wolverine is trash. and a man-whore. totally beneath her.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Lucas996 said:

i think storm most beautiful for Black panther, but for wolverine is perfect !

Yeah! Wolverine and Storm forever!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By jhazzroucher

I have a feeling this will really happen. : )

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I like the idea of two of them as a couple. It's a shame they deleted a scene of their kiss in DOFP movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.