Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Rogue scenes cut from DOFP

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
    Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bummer dude.

There will be one less mutant in this summer’s highly anticipated X-Men: Days of Future Past, which combines the casts of the original X-Men trilogy with those of 2011′s First Class. Director Bryan Singer (The Usual Suspects) has revealed to EW exclusively that a rescue sequence — shot early in the film’s production and featuring Magneto (Ian McKellen), Professor X (Patrick Stewart), Rogue (Anna Paquin), and Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) — has been cut from the final film. Sadly, this means that Rogue’s screen time has been significantly chopped down as well.

“Through the editing process, the sequence became extraneous, »

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now the fat trimming begins, where all the characters lose screen time, character development, and so on. Prepare the 'Another One Bites the Dust' music!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

this sucks

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And by extraneous we mean: "Wolverine wasn't in this scene so we didn't see the point...instead we put in a five minute scene of hugh jackman randomly doing sit-ups."

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

This sucks especially for a female character!

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

-____________________________-

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

And by extraneous we mean: "Wolverine wasn't in this scene so we didn't see the point...instead we put in a five minute scene of hugh jackman randomly doing sit-ups."

so true

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

lol. Anna Paquin is not a good actress for Rogue. So while I hope important developmental scenes arent cut, the less I see of that particular actress playing that character the better. And dont worry Im sure that scene will be available on the dvd/blu ray

Avatar image for ace_of_spades90
    Ace_Of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh... this is disappointing. I was hoping that she would have had a bigger role since she didn't have much of one in Last Stand.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Ehhhh they have a lot of characters already..

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That blows :(

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
    Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

so true

I think this film is more about Xavier, Magneto and Mystique, but, OK.

Rebelpunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hopefully Bishop gets some good screen time

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By poisonfleur

Honestly though... Did anyone care about Rogue being a damsel in distress for a 4th movie anyways?

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

hopefully Bishop gets some good screen time

judging from the trailer, Bishop doesn't looks like Bishop :(

Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
    mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie going to suck. Just like every other X-Men film

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THAT SUCKS...... if I was Anna i would be insulted

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CheeseSticks

That's good, Paquin is an horrible Rogue.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

So, the DVD version will be way better... again.

HA!

(+)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#20  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@poisonfleur said:

Honestly though... Did anyone care about Rogue being a damsel in distress for a 4th movie anyways?

I honestly didn't like Rogue being a damsel in distress anyway, although it's pretty disappointing that Rogue's role will be much smaller in this movie.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@jonsmith said:

And now the fat trimming begins, where all the characters lose screen time, character development, and so on. Prepare the 'Another One Bites the Dust' music!

Rogue wasn't important to X-Men: First Class (which this is a sequel to) or to Days of Future Past (which this movie is based on), so, as much as I like Rogue in general, her presence sounded superfluous to me to begin with.

If the point of cutting some characters/scenes is to give the film a more coherent story in and of itself, I think that's better than having extraneous scenes just for random fan service.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, don't they realize it will be a better movie and thus will make more money if they don't butcher the film?

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, don't they realize it will be a better movie and thus will make more money if they don't butcher the film?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@allstarsuperman: Rogue has never actually done anything of note in the X-men movies, she was just a damsel in distress in X-men one, she was just kind of there in X-2 and aside from flying the Blackbird for about 4 seconds didn't do anything important and in X-3 she spent most of her grand total of around 8 minutes of screen time just standing around pouting so its not like she's an integral piece of the movie universe.

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard that was the only scene with Rogue in it anyway. So we'd only see her once. It sucks Rogue won't be in it but then again one scene with her isn't any better IMO.

amseaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

lol. Anna Paquin is not a good actress for Rogue. So while I hope important developmental scenes arent cut, the less I see of that particular actress playing that character the better. And dont worry Im sure that scene will be available on the dvd/blu ray

I hope Halle Berry acts better in this film. If not, her scenes should be cut too.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I wonder if there's going to be another character cut from this film...

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Rogue has been pretty bad in all the movies IMO, so I'm not sad.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, no Rogue in X-books, don't worry I said she's an Avenger. Rogue doesn't accomplish anything in Uncanny Avengers and then dies...well I said its ok, she'll be back and I'm sure we'll see more of her elsewhere. Rogue, (honestly one of the most recognizable movie x-men regardless of her usage) gets edited out of the X-men movie that has EVERYONE except Cable in it.....well at least I still have back issues.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RustyRoy

Rogue has been pretty bad in all the movies IMO, so I'm not sad.

bigfoot09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bigfoot09

@amseaton: regardless if halle acts better or not... which Imo I thnk people over react to how halle played storm cuz they act like it's her fault. Which clearly it isnt. She's not the one who made the script, she's not the one who wrote the lines to say, she's not the one who made storm powerless or almost useless in the X films... thts all the directors and writers. So it jst blows my mind when they say how halle ruined storm?? Cuz in my opinion she a good actress. Did you see cloud atlas, the call, new years eve or her Oscar winning performance in monsters ball? Although I didn't like tht movie AT ALL, she still did good in it lol. But yea, I'd much rather have storm in it then rogue. Cuz like alot of people said already... she was useless in the X films and brought nothing to the table in the films... atleast when storm actually did smethn it was useful and she's more useful then a useless gurl who jst whined through the whole series lol

bigfoot09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: yea I agree but with this news I'm bummed b cuz I'm lookin at the bigger picture... they said she only had one scene?? So now I'm jst freaking out thnkn this is jst gna b a cluster f*c of a movie and isn't gna have no character development or hardly show any of the characters.. This is gna b the last stand all ova again! Havn all these characters but no screen time... thts wat I'm feeling now and it's bogus.. shoulda known tht was gna happen. This movie is jst gna b another "wolverine ft. The x-men......... When needed" movie imo... and its ashame

Wyrmdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, is it any great loss? The Rogue of the movies is not a compelling Rogue. She's a one-dimensional angst-puppet who occasionally manages something cool. Singer's Rogue really fills the role that Kitty Pryde originally did in the comics, that of a wide-eyed and overwhelmed newcomer who plays a pivotal role, but isn't really one of the big kids.

The tragedy of Rogue's powers worked in the comics because she wasn't a helpless accidental hero like she comes off in the films. She was a swashbuckler, a powerhouse. She was emotionally scarred and used her bravado and reckless heroism as a shield against the isolation and guilt she felt. I don't mind Paquin at all, but movie Rogue is a feckless damsel and we're better off without her.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I HATE how they greatly DOWN-SIZED Rogue in the movies. She is an incredibly strong and interesting character. Rogue doesn't deserve this and Anna Paquin also doesn't deserve this treatment.

Like come on she was already shown in the trailer and Anna attended the ComicCon and they decide to cut her completely.

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
    HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: umm much smaller... Non existent you mean lol, xmen films always try to squeeze to much in, after the first one

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
    deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

At first I laughed, but then it turned into crying when I realised that this will probably end up being more reality than joke.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie Rogue sucks anyway.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She didnt really have any other big roles other than the first X-Men film and I'm not surprised that they cut her out there's already other new characthers to show case in the film that I'm kinda interested in seeing that I've neer heard of before.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By flameboy298

I'd be so pissed if I was her...talk about a waste of time.Im sure she was compensated...but still

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that sucks...I just hope the director and producer know what they're doing.....I'm sure it will be included in the super deluxe edition Blue-Ray

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update-

ALL of Rogues scenes in Days of Future Past will be take out says Singer. Apparently, Anna Paquin handled the news well.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Tbh, I'm not massively fussed. I'd rather have this if it means more Xavier/Magneto screen time. Hell, I don't even mind a bit more Wolverine; he's what sells. He's what's going to rake in the $$$ for Fox to put into future X-Men movies.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigfoot09: @amseaton: While Halle is not a bad actress at all (love seeing her on screen and who wouldn't) she was not the best choice for Storm. I agree that the writing was bad but the casting of certain characters was not good either. Anna Paquin as Rogue was terrible and imo she's not a good actress anyway. Halle Berry while a great actress and great to look at was not the best choice for Storm. Of course its just my opinion but Kerri Washington before she lost weight or Zoe Saldana would have been better in that role. Cyclopos wasnt written well either and while Jean grey was ok we all know the Carrie at in X3 was another example of horrible writing

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#45  Edited By JROCK72

Couldn't they just give her ONE SCENE. Rogue is a pretty important character to suddenly decide to cut out of a film featuring major and minor characters of the X-Men franchise in which she should be a major character.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyrmdog said:

Well, is it any great loss? The Rogue of the movies is not a compelling Rogue. She's a one-dimensional angst-puppet who occasionally manages something cool. Singer's Rogue really fills the role that Kitty Pryde originally did in the comics, that of a wide-eyed and overwhelmed newcomer who plays a pivotal role, but isn't really one of the big kids.

The tragedy of Rogue's powers worked in the comics because she wasn't a helpless accidental hero like she comes off in the films. She was a swashbuckler, a powerhouse. She was emotionally scarred and used her bravado and reckless heroism as a shield against the isolation and guilt she felt. I don't mind Paquin at all, but movie Rogue is a feckless damsel and we're better off without her.

Agreed. In general, I think the director went too far in trying to make the X-Men feel down to earth. They ended up stripping away most of the unique character traits and power feats in the name of making a bland movie. I don't think the script or X movies have aged as well as others.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyrmdog said:

Agreed. In general, I think the director went too far in trying to make the X-Men feel down to earth. They ended up stripping away most of the unique character traits and power feats in the name of making a bland movie. I don't think the script or X movies have aged as well as others.

I agree with this. I find the movie X-Men to be a bit too bland (with the exception of Wolverine, Magneto and Professor Xavier) and I hope that DoFP will actually have the characters have more personality than before.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.