Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Pro's & Con's of the Avengers & the X men becoming one team

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

Edited By DATNIGGA

SPOILERS! if you havent already heard.. MARVEL NOW! after avx will have the Avengers & the X men merging to join one team...

there are upsides.. & some serious down sides.. I'll start with the pro's

PRO 1) THE MUTANTS ARE IN GOOD HANDS

No Caption Provided

For years the x men & mutant kind in general have been bullied by sentential's & anti mutant groups such as the purifiers but now by merging with the avengers these anti mutant organizations have to now deal with an army of powerful mutants + famous superhumans, Gods, Hulks & Sorcerers. its going to be ALOT harder to kill mutants now

PRO 2) LESS CRIME

there arent to many individuals that can handle the combined strength of both the X men & Avengers there like a gaint super army backed by S.H.E.I.L.D

No Caption Provided

PRO 3) THE MARVEL UNIVERSE IS MORE UNITED THAN EVER

No Caption Provided

With the Avengers ever growing it seems like all the hero's are working together Fantastic 4 , Avengers, solo heros & the x men kinda reminds me of the days when they all teamed up on onslaught

now lets talk about the Cons...

CON #1 THE X MEN WILL SOME HOW FADE INTO THE BACKGROUND

Its an unspoken rule but a very true one.. if you aren't Spiderman, Captain America, Iron man, Hulk, Thor or Wolverine .. you will eventually be a bench warmer when the big games come around. I love them all except cap but lets be honest.. why do you think the Avengers are the MAIN team? these 6 superhero's

yes yes storm has a huge fan base, cyclops, x factor ect.. but these 6 have fans that dont even read or know anything about comics but know & love them completely if the x men join with the avengers. many of the already over looked characters in both of the teams will be HEAVILY overlooked

CON #2 WE ARE SERIOUSLY RUNNING OUT OF VILLAINS HERE

The number of hero's grow every day.. there are 2 giant army's of them called the avengers & the X men.. but where are the villains?

High evolutionary is off exploring the cosmos, stryfe is dead & Apocalypse is in his body somewhere in the future, venom is being worn by a good guy, magneto is good, emma frost is good, exodus is locked up, Shaw is good, Doom isnt on earth, Loki is good, Ares is dead, Osborn is in a coma, Graviton is dead, Doc ock is jailed & currently dieing, the neo are dead, Bastion is dead, mastermold dead sentential's disassembled... what is this giant team of superhero's suppose to fight if almost every top bad guy is dead?

CON #3 TO MUCH UNITY IS NOT A GOOD THING

in older comics everything was less joined together but that seems to be a trend now a days.. its good but there are barley any solo fights events & major arcs are filled with giant team superhero fighting which is epic but still.. everyone is becoming an avenger or has connections to them The X men are merging with them soon the Future foundation, FF, X Factor , Defenders, Thunderbolts might do the same thing.. its getting old..

Jodez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jodez

Well apparently the first villain for Uncanny Avengers is the Red Skull so that's a start right?

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Jodez: I suppose.. but where do they go from there?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I agree with all of this!  I especially agree with the part about how some of the X-Men characters might fade into the background since every time the X-Men do associate with the avengers, it's only focused on Wolverine most of the time. I hope the other X-Men get a chance to shine in this new series.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rickbarry

@DATNIGGA: Datnigga, we speak your name! I've never really been a fan of the whole marvel team up so I didn't get into titles like Avengers. I grew up on X-men so I guess it's safe to say that I'm not really a fan of other characters that I don't particularly care about stealing face time away from characters that I do enjoy.

The whole idea of the X-men is that they're outcasts and feared. Joining a popular, government funded, team isn't really their bag.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hareil0079

Wait and see what remender has instored

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Rabbitearsblog: Me too they said havok is in charge of a team so it might have some cool x men being shown

@Rickbarry: It seems pretty obvious where there going with this... there making tons of avenger titles & they get ride of uncanny.. it would seem there trying to make the avengers the more popular team. of course i could be wrong but there are only so many characters you can showcase at one time without some of them becoming scenery. if anything i would say all of this changes after marvels next big event.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#7  Edited By knighthood

I dislike mixing X-Men with Avengers. Just like I dislike mixing the Avengers with Fantastic Four. I dislike Spidey being an Avenger. See where I'm going with this...

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @DATNIGGA said:

@Rabbitearsblog: Me too they said havok is in charge of a team so it might have some cool x men being shown

Yeah, I hope there is a lot of focus on Havok since we barely see him being involved with the X-Men other than X-Factor.
    Alch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alch21

New Villains please. Fresh blood is always good.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Alch21 said:

New Villains please. Fresh blood is always good.

Yes! We need more new villains!
    Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Osian2

Pros: Awesome team lineups. Although it's only Rogue, Havok and Wolverine so far other x-men could join later so fans could see their favourite x-men and Avengers fighting side by side more often.

Better relationships in the superhuman community. During Dark Reign even though the New Avengers saw Osborn attacking Utopia the only member who gave a damn was Wolverine the others couldn't care less! Maybe now we will see some more personal interactions between the two teams i.e. Falcon and Angel, The Thing and Colossus. Who knows this might even save Black Panther and Storms relationship. Before now if an x-man died it didn't have an impact on anyone other than the x-men (unless you're wolverine).

New Villains. Right now most of the iconic villains are either dead or have become good guys. Now with possibly the most powerful team to date being assembled they'll need some powerful enemies.

Cons: Are the x-men being faded out? If the Uncanny Avengers are fighting for mutants is there a need for the x-men? Will the remaining x-men eventually become Avengers?. Let's face it when the public in the Marvel universe see the Uncanny Avengers they're going to call them "Avengers" they probably won't even see a difference. Even the first villain is the Red Skull, a classic Cap villain. The initial lineup also has more Avengers than X-men seeing as Wolverine is already an Avenger.

Are the Avengers going to keep stealing the best characters from the entire Marvel Universe? I know this is similar to the first con but it's still a worry. Is there anyone who isn't an Avenger these days? The Thing, Wolverine, Storm. These characters were already major members of the FF and X-men but still somehow have the time to be an Avenger also. Daredevil and Spider-man despite being busy solo heroes (being late for dates/work was always a problem for spidey) also have become Avengers. Even the cosmic side is apparently going to have mor connections with the Earth so we might even see Nova and Rocket Racoon become avengers. In the end we migh just keep getting more and more "Avengers" titles like Space Avengers or supernatural Avengers heck Thinderbolts was recently renamed "Dark Avengers".

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Osian2 said:

Pros: Awesome team lineups. Although it's only Rogue, Havok and Wolverine so far other x-men could join later so fans could see their favourite x-men and Avengers fighting side by side more often.

Better relationships in the superhuman community. During Dark Reign even though the New Avengers saw Osborn attacking Utopia the only member who gave a damn was Wolverine the others couldn't care less! Maybe now we will see some more personal interactions between the two teams i.e. Falcon and Angel, The Thing and Colossus. Who knows this might even save Black Panther and Storms relationship. Before now if an x-man died it didn't have an impact on anyone other than the x-men (unless you're wolverine).

New Villains. Right now most of the iconic villains are either dead or have become good guys. Now with possibly the most powerful team to date being assembled they'll need some powerful enemies.

Cons: Are the x-men being faded out? If the Uncanny Avengers are fighting for mutants is there a need for the x-men? Will the remaining x-men eventually become Avengers?. Let's face it when the public in the Marvel universe see the Uncanny Avengers they're going to call them "Avengers" they probably won't even see a difference. Even the first villain is the Red Skull, a classic Cap villain.

Are the Avengers going to keep stealing the best characters from the entire Marvel Universe? I know this is similar to the first con but it's still a worry. Is there anyone who isn't an Avenger these days? The Thing, Wolverine, Storm. These characters were already major members of the FF and X-men but still somehow have the time to be an Avenger also. Daredevil and Spider-man despite being busy solo heroes (being late for dates/work was always a problem for spidey) also have become Avengers. Even the cosmic side is apparently going to have mor connections with the Earth so we might even see Nova and Rocket Racoon become avengers. In the end we migh just keep getting more and more "Avengers" titles like Space Avengers or supernatural Avengers heck Thinderbolts was recently renamed "Dark Avengers".

Awesome post! I also worry about what these new Avengers titles would mean for the X-Men.  Would that mean that there will be less X-Men titles in the future and more Avengers titles? I don't think that would go over well with X-Men fans...
    Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Osian2

@Rabbitearsblog:Thanks :) The rumor is that Uncanny X-men is being cancelled and that makes me worry if that book can get cancelled what will happen to books like Legacy and new mutants? seeing as they're not as popular.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Osian2 said:

@Rabbitearsblog:Thanks :) The rumor is that Uncanny X-men is being cancelled and that makes me worry if that book can get cancelled what will happen to books like Legacy and new mutants? seeing as they're not as popular.

I agree. Why would they even think about cancelling Uncanny X-Men? That series has been around for over 40 years now and that's like basically saying that Marvel doesn't really care about how influential that series was to the X-Men (well there were other series too that were just as influential, but Uncanny X-Men had been around the longest). Also, what would happen to the X-Men who were involved in that series (Namor, Cyclops, Emma, Colossus, Magik, Danger, and Storm).
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rickbarry

@Rabbitearsblog: It's not that it's been around for a while. If a title struggles or whatnot I can see giving it the axe, but it's been consistently been the number one marvel comic over the past year. Marvel literally was like... "Hmm, this comic doesn't have wolverine and it's still selling more than his comics. What if...we put wolverine in this comic?!" -Some guy- "Champion decision, unknown person! Let's do it!"

I've no idea what's going to happen with the extinction team. I could see Namor vanishing and Danger will be pretty invisible as well, but the other X-men on the extinction team need a place to go. Half of them are the most popular x-men characters!

MarvelGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MarvelGrey

Do we always have to keep going back to Red Skull pick a new villain, bring back the real hellfire club or something. Oh Uncanny is cancelled Marvel is replacing it with Bendis' title, Marvel doesn't know what to do with their character. I really feel sorry for the female X-men because they are always being shuffled to the back, but now it's gonna be impossible to find them, hopefully X-Men Legacy is a refugee camp for characters not in the mainstream anymore.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Osian2 said:

It's the fact that Bendis' All New X-Men directly replaces it as a title and as the flagship, so, for Marvel, having Uncanny around would seem very redundant.

xrs12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xrs12

Initially I was thinking that this would be a good move, I even thought that it may be a move that is trying to gain the x-men back from fox... I know it is silly of me to think that.

Now I just worry, the x-men are going to fade into the background as usual. I mean hell, where is Cyclops gonna go haha. Then you have the likes of storm, kitty, hope, Emma, magneto and Namor. These characters have been able to hold comics on their own but now they will be shuffled in and out of teams when they are "needed". We saw how well storm did in the avengers, even when she was meant to be a new main character haha, she spent half of the issue knocked out.

This stinks of "the avengers movie did so well, how can we get all the x-men readers over to the avengers... I know, lets get rid of the x-men".

I'm worried I tells ya

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Blood1991

Well at least they won't be at each other throats all the time now "well outside the book". Fusing them will only work if it is handled well. The X-Men and Avengers need to have equal time to shine and equal say in team matters. Personally I would love for them to do the JL councel thing with them sitting down and discussing the issues.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DATNIGGA

@xrs12: You know at first I thought the same thing... if the x men are now avengers they can use them.. but idk but yea im not even sure how cyke can exist on the avengers.. under captain america i mean.. there both leadership types.

@Blood1991: they will be at each others throats unless you think mutants like namor or frenzy can work side by side with the people who once invaded there home & captured there teammate.. idk some of them might go along with it but i would think most of the x men are pretty sour about this. the'll get better with time as usual but not at first

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By One_Eye

@DATNIGGA: If you ask me it just sounds like Marvel's running out of ideas.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DATNIGGA

@One_Eye: Im pretty sure they are though im not sure why.. just by looking at the sheer size & all of the characters in the Marvel u i could think of many things to write about lol

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Blacharrt1

They need to bring Apocalypse back for this merger, and make him the badass he was meant to be. Could you imagine Apocalype's rage at the thought that the x-men merger with Flatscans, and how close they were to completely ruling the world. Yes this needs to happen.

Pro: All Avengers now get Xs on their gear

Con: Bobby and Spiderman will never stop making jokes....

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Blacharrt1: Yea apoc would be perfect for the Xvenger. bobby & peter arent the only ones.. johnny storm is an avenger too between the 3 of them theres gonna be alot of comedy

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By XsPectre28

so the x-men & avengers are merging... bout time but if this is the case i think the there should be a merged team, plus an avengers roster & and x-men roster..... that way neither team will disappear but will still have a co-team to keep tension down

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dman1366

@xrs12 said:

Initially I was thinking that this would be a good move, I even thought that it may be a move that is trying to gain the x-men back from fox... I know it is silly of me to think that.

Now I just worry, the x-men are going to fade into the background as usual. I mean hell, where is Cyclops gonna go haha. Then you have the likes of storm, kitty, hope, Emma, magneto and Namor. These characters have been able to hold comics on their own but now they will be shuffled in and out of teams when they are "needed". We saw how well storm did in the avengers, even when she was meant to be a new main character haha, she spent half of the issue knocked out.

This stinks of "the avengers movie did so well, how can we get all the x-men readers over to the avengers... I know, lets get rid of the x-men".

I'm worried I tells ya

I do not see them getting rid of the X-Men at all. They are contiuing the Uncanny X-Men, just under a different title " All New X-Men". They are keeping New Mutants, Legacy, WatX, and Factor. If anything, all this is doing is pushing mutants in more books, which is just plain rediculous. You think the mutants, being on the verge of extiction, would mean less face time, NOPE! hahaha. And Avengers, do they really need more members? Christ, who isn't an Avengers?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dman1366 said:

@xrs12 said:

I'm worried I tells ya

I do not see them getting rid of the X-Men at all. They are contiuing the Uncanny X-Men, just under a different title " All New X-Men". They are keeping New Mutants, Legacy, WatX, and Factor. If anything, all this is doing is pushing mutants in more books, which is just plain rediculous. You think the mutants, being on the verge of extiction, would mean less face time, NOPE! hahaha. And Avengers, do they really need more members? Christ, who isn't an Avengers?

I think this might be a step in the direction where Marvel may finally acknowledge that the X-Men are really not that different from the other superheroes, and might as well start mixing with the greater Marvel Universe more. We'll see, but considering the scale of the greatest threats faced by the Avengers compared to the X-Men's depopulated rogues gallery and it starts to be ridiculous to have so many powerful mutants fighting the equivalent of racists and not being on hand to fight universe level threats more often.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dman1366

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@Dman1366 said:

@xrs12 said:

I'm worried I tells ya

I think this might be a step in the direction where Marvel may finally acknowledge that the X-Men are really not that different from the other superheroes, and might as well start mixing with the greater Marvel Universe more. We'll see, but considering the scale of the greatest threats faced by the Avengers compared to the X-Men's depopulated rogues gallery and it starts to be ridiculous to have so many powerful mutants fighting the equivalent of racists and not being on hand to fight universe level threats more often.

I understand, but at the same time the Avengers have never had to deal with their species going extinct. Takes a toll. I mean they finally have an academy for the kids, which is an amazingly underrated book, but the X-Men have had to deal with innocent kids for the past 40 years

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mutant God

Maybe knowing Namor's pride, he will still say the phoenix was a good thing and turn against the X-Men and Avengers and become a villian

Also if its the new Red Skull then maybe we will see a reunion of the worthy from Fear Itself and see Cain Marko.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dman1366 said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@Dman1366 said:

@xrs12 said:

I'm worried I tells ya

I understand, but at the same time the Avengers have never had to deal with their species going extinct. Takes a toll. I mean they finally have an academy for the kids, which is an amazingly underrated book, but the X-Men have had to deal with innocent kids for the past 40 years

The Avengers did have to deal with that though; they went into space to fight the Kree/Skrull War, and other intergalactic battles such as the Kree/Shi'ar War, fought Thanos, Kang the Conqueror and Ultron, and are generally known to be the front line of superheroes to defend the Earth. The Avengers, quite frankly, have defended the human species as a whole including mutants, whereas the X-Men limit themselves to a defending a small portion of the species. I'm more of an X-Men fan, but I have to concede that the Avengers and Fantastic Four have dealt with the possible extermination of the human species more times than the X-Men have. The X-Men's scope is smaller, and because of this, they appear hypocritical even though their concerns in the face of genocide are understandable. Compare how they are acting to the Inhumans situation - the Inhumans have been living as a small minority in a hostile ecological environment for years, and they've rarely engaged in such intense battles with other superhumans.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dman1366

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@Dman1366 said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@Dman1366 said:

@xrs12 said:

I'm worried I tells ya

The Avengers did have to deal with that though; they went into space to fight the Kree/Skrull War, and other intergalactic battles such as the Kree/Shi'ar War, fought Thanos, Kang the Conqueror and Ultron, and are generally known to be the front line of superheroes to defend the Earth. The Avengers, quite frankly, have defended the human species as a whole including mutants, whereas the X-Men limit themselves to a defending a small portion of the species. I'm more of an X-Men fan, but I have to concede that the Avengers and Fantastic Four have dealt with the possible extermination of the human species more times than the X-Men have. The X-Men's scope is smaller, and because of this, they appear hypocritical even though their concerns in the face of genocide are understandable. Compare how they are acting to the Inhumans situation - the Inhumans have been living as a small minority in a hostile ecological environment for years, and they've rarely engaged in such intense battles with other superhumans.

Very well put. Maybe I was a bit close minded towards the Avengers. I completely forgot about Kree/Shia'ar wars. I will submit that the Avengers are more altruistic than the X-Men. Almost every mission, with the few obvious exceptions, has been very self-serving for the mutant population only. Now, it just so happens that the X-Men, generally, are the only ones who does, and will, protect the mutants. Plus, in a way, the X-Men were never meant to save the world. They simply are trying to make peace between themselves and humanity; while at the same time, they protect mutants, and protect humanity from mutants.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By KainScion

i trust remender with this. he CAN DO IT!

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@Dman1366 said:

@xrs12 said:

I'm worried I tells ya

haha I agree with you on that an though there isn't alot of x-men that are avengers only wolverine,beast. Storm? I don't think she is an avenger anymore although I hope she still is. After AVX Avengers 25 she just vanished.

antemiusenteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By antemiusenteri

@DATNIGGA:

Isn't he dead , please don't tell he pulled a jean grey

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DATNIGGA

@antemiusenteri: who are you referring to?

GreenFuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GreenFuse

I don't know where I stand with Uncanny Avengers. I've grown up on X-Men, never followed/read Avengers, and based off AvX, I'm still not an Avengers fan. Maybe the conclusion of AvX, and the reason for them forming UA, will change my mind but...meh.

I'm not worried about Con #1 because there will still be separate X-Men titles, right? Well, there's the All New X-Men (Jean!!!!) at least. Or is the fear that the X-Men who join UA won't have any life outside that issue and get overshadowed? Just because they're in UA doesn't mean they won't be in other X-Men titles, right?

I'm taking the wait and see approach.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe the x-men lost and had to join the avengers or quit being a superhero because marvel said only one will win avx

my two favorites are fighting,why me???.........i like scarlett witch from avengers and hope from x-men
    my two favorites are fighting,why me???.........i like scarlett witch from avengers and hope from x-men

@DATNIGGA: @MarvelGrey: @AgeofHurricane: @xrs12: @Rabbitearsblog: @DATNIGGA: @Blood1991:

MarvelGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MarvelGrey

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Because of AVX I really can't stand Hope, and how she is acting like a child, before this event she was independent to an extent. Now that she joined with the Avengers it really goes against her character. Wanda on the other hand i've always felt should just be killed off ever since Disassembled, she has just been forced down my throat, and now i'm ready to cough her.

PS. I know people will give this same argument on Hope was forced on us, but at least she had character development, and sass.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40  Edited By AgeofHurricane

There are no Pro's coming out of this, only a profuse amount of Con's, especially with the premise they've got for this.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dman1366

@AgeofHurricane: I am digging your profile picture. That was a very intertaining book.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HellionVulcan

No more villains to fight ? bring back Apocalypse from the x-force universe the one that absorbed or well used Stryfe as a host as mainly 90's villains that live in obscurity as i'd love to see cyber back with a strength increase or maybe as a horsemen of apocalypse or something as theres so much Marvel can do to make old villains new again but they never will .Ares needs to come back to life but i don't want him as a villain but a member of x-force or something like that as it'd be really insane to read .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.