Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Post credits scene in Captain America Winter Soldier

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
    deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I just saw Captain America Winter Soldier. I thought it was pretty good, I wasn't too thrilled about Winter Soldier's backstory being changed, but what can you do right? However, the scene after the credits first confused me, then irritated me.

So basically, they're in a Hydra testing facility and some scientists are talking about how much it sucks that Captain America ruined their organization, and then they say they have another secret weapon. We then see two holding cells, one has a muscle-bound spastic who appears to be teleporting around and convulsing, and the other one is holding a little girl who is telekenetically moving around some blocks. The scientist refered to them as "The Twins", and I was trying really hard to figure out who they were meant to be. Then the camera zooms in on the little girl. You get a close up on her face and her eyes appeared to be red, then suddenly she smashes the blocks and it cuts to black.

I'm really, really hoping I'm wrong, but are these two meant to be Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch? And if so, how does them being Hydra experiments instead of mutants make other X-Men fans feel?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JakeN7

@mn_logan: Ha! Yes of course they're Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Have you been living under a rock silly goose? :P Also, it was the mid-credits sequence. After the credits we just saw Bucky learnin' up on his past.

Also, this has been done.

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
    deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I knew they were gonna be in Avengers 2, but Hydra experiments? I know Marvel Studios can't use Mutants, but I figured they would have made them Inhumans or something. The whole "Secret Organization ruling the world from the shadows and encroaching on your privacy to keep you safe" was a decent idea, playing off peoples fears and anger about the government monitoring us and all, but Christ.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mn_logan: I don't think it suggested anything besides that they were Baron von Strucker's prisoners....

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mn_logan said:

And if so, how does them being Hydra experiments instead of mutants make other X-Men fans feel?

Lol i didn't want to be the one to ask this. But yea i'm not an Avengers guy, and i knew they were going to be in Avengers 2....but it sort of made me mad when i saw them for some reason....It may have just been envy at the quality of the Captain America movie, but my first thought when i saw them was Days of future past may not be as good as that one cutscene.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.