Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Possible line-up in X-Force film

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

This is apparently concept art from Greg Semkow for the forthcoming X-Force film from Fox.

No Caption Provided

I have no clue who the female on the left is supposed to be, possibly a different take on Boom Boom or Feral?? Wolfsbane??

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Is that cannonball in the sky hard to tell on my phone

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Girl on the left could be a lot of different characters. I kind of get a Laura vibe from her but it's hard to tell and I feel a little skeptical they'd put Laura in the movies.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

I posted that in a hurry this morning and I didn't really get to leave my thoughts so.... It's also important to remember that this is just concept art for a movie that's still like a year or two out from production, so that means the finished product will likely have a very small resemblance to the image, or perhaps it will be just like it....I don't know.

I have said several times on this forum that I don't really care for Cable. I think his characters background is overly confusing, derivative, and he can be written like a "mary sue" at times. However, if they make him like his initial appearances in New Mutants where he was a wayward mercenary with a mysterious past I would be down for that. I mean, these movies do have a consistency of changing origins and characters around, sometimes for good, sometimes for ill. He will likely be the time traveling son of Cyclops we all know to appease fans though, and I don't know if I would be excited about that,

Domino is a meh character. If anyone could explain to me why she is interesting that would be cool.

Warpaths design reminds me that there are still some good things in the world. Not too crazy about the tattoos though, tattoos are dumb, especially tribal tattoos. Nothing says "I wish I was a badass" more than tribal tattoos.

Cannonball ftw.

@mcklayn said:

Is that cannonball in the sky hard to tell on my phone

yes.

@beaubier said:

Girl on the left could be a lot of different characters. I kind of get a Laura vibe from her but it's hard to tell and I feel a little skeptical they'd put Laura in the movies.

Eh, the lighter hair and glowing eyes makes me think it's more likely Wolfsbane or a re-imagining of Feral.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

A lot of people think that is Feral because of her hairy arms.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no clue who the female on the left is supposed to be, possibly a different take on Boom Boom or Feral?? Wolfsbane??

Looks like Rogue.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cattlebattle said:

Looks like Rogue.

She does have the hair.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Immolation

@invain said:
    @immolation said:
    @cattlebattle said:

Looks like Rogue.

She does have the hair.

Would make sense for them to use a more established name like her. Is she supposed to be in Apocalypse or anything? I don't really pay attention to what's going on in the movies until I watch them.

I'm thinking it could still likely be someone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@immolation: @cattlebattle: She has a white streak in her hair, hairy arms and claws; it's Feral(bleh).

Honestly, they all look ridiculous, especially Cable. Do we really need an X-Force movie?

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@cattlebattle: I guess thats Feral and with her they can do whatever they want with the less explaination for the character. And they seem to love the inclusion of the more animalistic or beastly type mutants. I also wondered if it wasn't Marrow and that wasn't hair but bone claws and protrusions but probably not.

Domino is a little difficult to explain. Her powers are equally strange in my opinion, never really got the probability manipulation. I guess for me since I prefer more simplistic stuff Domino would be better serve by just having telekinesis or being able to manipulate time like Tempo or just having a healing factor, heightened senses and agility. I do like her back story though basically being part of a genome project which should explain her motivations to be part of team sort of rebelling against so-called society.

I'm also very torn when it comes to Cable and mostly because of the convoluted story. I'd definitely be OK with the movie version being a half cyborg half mutant or something. In the comics I just wish he had been a genetically engineered mutant grown from the DNA of other powerful mutants to battle Apocalypse or something. Of course that's infringing on Maddie Pryors territory but then again if I had my way Maddie's original would be different too and she wouldn't be a Jean clone. I don't know it kind of makes my head hurt lol.

Agreed on Warpath, love the character but really no need for the tatts.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cattlebattle

@immolation said:

Looks like Rogue.

It would be weird if it was Rogue, considering every other character in the image has been integral to the X-Force comic franchise and Rogue is just shunted in there oddly.

@sprior93 said:

Honestly, they all look ridiculous, especially Cable. Do we really need an X-Force movie?

Do we really need any kind of movie, you know, in general??

I am not saying this the greatest thing I have ever seen, but honestly, they don't look that bad. Considering how ridiculous Cable has looked in the comics, that is about as practical as you will get for him. Domino....well, always looks like that, unless I have been looking at a different character for all these years. Warpath looks legit like some mestizo/Amerindian kid you would see at at a Sepultura concert, you can't even really see Cannonball, and lets be honest here, if that is Feral, do you mean to tell me her comic book look with the 3 foot vertical hair and pink stripper outfit is better than what is proposed??.....If so..can you tell me where can I get some of the drugs you are taking??

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Allegedly the artist's twitter said it's Feral.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I just don't want to see a brainless adaptation of Liefeldian X-Force comics. And I don't want FOX's version of Suicide Squad with characters who look like extras from a Rob Zombie music video.

I'm a fan with an internet connection, so by default I know more about making movies than everyone else. This concept art looks ratchet, Cable and Feral are too stupid for live-action, everything is doomed.

#TrumpForPresident

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle

@hawk2916 said:

Domino is a little difficult to explain. Her powers are equally strange in my opinion, never really got the probability manipulation. I guess for me since I prefer more simplistic stuff Domino would be better serve by just having telekinesis or being able to manipulate time like Tempo or just having a healing factor, heightened senses and agility. I do like her back story though basically being part of a genome project which should explain her motivations to be part of team sort of rebelling against so-called society.

I am familiar with the character and her powers, I just don't get why anybody would find her that interesting. She is just like pretty much every other character Liefeild created; genetically bred warrior with superhuman abilities, guns, black markings over their eye. She is just like Shatterstar or Reaper or Vogue from Youngblood.....in fact she is exactly the same as that last one. I just think there is a slue of other more interesting characters you could use in her place with more unique backgrounds.

@sprior93 said:

@cattlebattle: I just don't want to see a brainless adaptation of Liefeldian X-Force comics. And I don't want FOX's version of Suicide Squad with characters who look like extras from a Rob Zombie music video.

I'm a fan with an internet connection, so by default I know more about making movies than everyone else. This concept art looks ratchet, Cable and Feral are too stupid for live-action, everything is doomed.

#TrumpForPresident

Well, X-Force has always been kind of a silly series, whether Liefeld, Loeb, or Kyle and Yost wrote it, and most comic book films are pretty brainless, unless I missed the part where X-Men First Class was compared to Citizen Kane...so, I fail to see the grounds behind the complaint.

Judging by forums, I would say man children with aggressive complaints about puerile subjects like comic book films and video games are Bernie Sanders supporters...so I think you mean #FeeltheBern. Also, A Rob Zombie video!? I hope you didn't break your hip while typing that reference, grandpa. ;)

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

#TrumpForPresident

I feel like this is fan art rather than actual concept art for the film. What's up with Domino sporting Asian characters and dragons on her pleather zip-up? Why does the arrowhead on Warpath's tee look more like a shovel atop an oil well? Why is Feral just kinda fuzzy? AND if there's also a New Mutants movie in the works, will they be connected in the larger scale of the X-Movieverse? Will the New Mutants become X-Force or will X-Force be more of a black ops/time hopper team with the New Mutants really driving home the fact that they're being trained at a school?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: Yes, I think it's odd that we're seeing Cannonball. You'd think they'd want him for New Mutants, no? Maybe X-Force is a sequel.

I'd rather see Rictor, Psylocke or Gambit on this team.

CombatKung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I need to see how the Summers line is treated in X-Men: Apocalypse before passing judgement on Cable's inclusion in the franchise. His past is convoluted enough, however, that I'd be fine with Fox removing the link.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never been a fan of Feral but this change might make her interesting (or a Wolfsbane Analog)...I'm with it so far.

I guess I need to see how the Summers line is treated in X-Men: Apocalypse before passing judgement on Cable's inclusion in the franchise. His past is convoluted enough, however, that I'd be fine with Fox removing the link.

He's Cyclops and Jean's kid from a future ruled by Apocalypse....boom short and sweet with nothing big lost.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

And I don't want FOX's version of Suicide Squad with characters who look like extras from a Rob Zombie music video.

Loading Video...

Yes. I see it too.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cable and Domino can be okay, but I don't feel strongly about either character. Feral I can get into, though, if enough effort was put into the character. Have her rough personality up against Sam's gentlemanly demeanour could be fun.

Frankly, an X-Force movie wouldn't excite me unless it had Psylocke and Dark Angel in it. Since they're being tossed in with the Apocalypse lot, I don't see that happening.

CombatKung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CombatKung

@koays said:

He's Cyclops and Jean's kid from a future ruled by Apocalypse....boom short and sweet with nothing big lost.

That's everything lost. Cable's backstory explains the metallic arm and glowing eye. Also, he couldn't be from that far into the future, so a lot of the mythos could be stripped. Otherwise he is just some 90s dude. Maybe I'm finally having a fanboy moment with these movies and maybe I am foolishly airing grievances when nothing official has been released, but I'd be disappointed if Cable was a brushed-over sideshow.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

That's everything lost. Cable's backstory explains the metallic arm and glowing eye. Also, he couldn't be from that far into the future, so a lot of the mythos could be stripped. Otherwise he is just some 90s dude. Maybe I'm finally having a fanboy moment with these movies and maybe I am airing grievances when nothing official has been released, but I'd be disappointed if Cable was a brushed-over sideshow.

Honestly you don't need to explain the metal arm or his powers in the first movie. Just establish that he has it, and that he got it from Apocalypse (and/or) had it since he was kid. 1st movies are for establishing characters, 2nd movies are for fleshing them out.

CombatKung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I am okay with that reasoning. It worked for Wolverine in the origin X-Men films.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Yeah just make it that he went up against Apocalypse and lost and eye and his arm or was badly injured and was given a cyborg or metal arm like Bucky was in Winter Soldier. The eye could be cybernetic and able to link up with computers and other tech and maybe has xray, night and thermal vision

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@koays: Yeah just make it that he went up against Apocalypse and lost and eye and his arm or was badly injured and was given a cyborg or metal arm like Bucky was in Winter Soldier. The eye could be cybernetic and able to link up with computers and other tech and maybe has xray, night and thermal vision

Before he was retconned to be a Summers family member the purpose of his eye was just that it was a cybernetic enhancement and was able to see in infrared and other spectrums.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Aren't they making a New Mutants movie? Won't using Cannonball take away from them having good characters for that?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HAWK2916

@cattlebattle: yeah. I'm in favor of getting back to that. In fact I'm good with anything that better explains and negates all the convolution. I would love to get back to that in both the movies and the books. I wish Forge could do this for him

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cattlebattle

@hawk2916 said:

@cattlebattle: yeah. I'm in favor of getting back to that. In fact I'm good with anything that better explains and negates all the convolution. I would love to get back to that in both the movies and the books. I wish Forge could do this for him

I honestly don't know what to think. Comic book films these days seem to prioritize accuracy to the source material so the fans won't complain. However, Cables background is so unnecessarily convoluted as it relies so much on the expounding of situations of other characters like Mr Sinister, Cyclops, Askani, Apocalypse, I can't imagine they would include it, and I would be fine with that.

Yeah, it would be neat if Forge was in the movie in some capacity. People do tend to forget that there was a lot of characters with cybernetic enhancements floating around Marvel before the early 90s Liefeld/Terminator type movie craze and wasn't exclusive to characters like Cable. Donald Pierce, who showed up in 1980 and later founded The Reavers, which featured Lady Deathstrike were cyborgs, Forge and Spiral had cybernetic enhancements etc.

@hyiena said:

Aren't they making a New Mutants movie? Won't using Cannonball take away from them having good characters for that?

I highly doubt that the New Mutants movie would feature the original line up anyways. Their powers were too peripheral and the that series had way too many fantasy, supernatural and alien related science fiction going on, two of their biggest villains were Magus and the Demon Bear after all.

There has been other New Mutants series, that featured characters like Surge, Wind Dancer, Elixer. There is also a lot of younger mutants characters that they could just throw on the team. I fully expect the New Mutants film to feature characters like Hellion, X-23, Surge, Rockslide, Dust....characters like that.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: That would be an interesting take on a New Mutants film.

I'm also at my wits end when it comes to Cable. You just have to explain and understand so much about all these other characters before you even begin to explain him. 90's convolution... There's nothing like it for sure. Lol.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There has been other New Mutants series, that featured characters like Surge, Wind Dancer, Elixer. There is also a lot of younger mutants characters that they could just throw on the team. I fully expect the New Mutants film to feature characters like Hellion, X-23, Surge, Rockslide, Dust....characters like that.

Wasnt it suppose to be a tv series? That does seem like a FOX New X-Men line up for a movie (one that i could completely get behind)...but i think the classic line up could work on a tv show. Like Supernatural but with Mutants.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought them using the original team would be as likely as them using the original lineups on X-Men.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
    BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By BappyRonChantin

I would be glad to see Forge in there somewhere. Seeing Cable and Domino on screen could be interesting. Still, nothing much to get excited about till more news start coming out.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Wasnt it suppose to be a tv series? That does seem like a FOX New X-Men line up for a movie (one that i could completely get behind)...but i think the classic line up could work on a tv show. Like Supernatural but with Mutants.

I think the TV series that is being worked on is based on X-Factor. Most likely Peter Davids incarnation seeing as that one had characters that had powers that are easier to represent on screen and more realistic situations.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I think the TV series that is being worked on is based on X-Factor. Most likely Peter Davids incarnation seeing as that one had characters that had powers that are easier to represent on screen and more realistic situations.

True enough I guess, I mean while most of the others could be worked around I think someone would look at a roster where they had to animate the powers of Sunspot and Cannonball on a weekly basis and decide that a little girl who's power is to "know stuff" might be easier. Though the fantastical elements of the Original New Mutants team seem to fit more in line with the climate of FOX and CW scifi shows

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

True enough I guess, I mean while most of the others could be worked around I think someone would look at a roster where they had to animate the powers of Sunspot and Cannonball on a weekly basis and decide that a little girl who's power is to "know stuff" might be easier. Though the fantastical elements of the Original New Mutants team seem to fit more in line with the climate of FOX and CW scifi shows

Nah, the classic line up of New Mutants would be way too costly. Karma and Cypher would be the only characters that would be easy to represent on TV, I mean Magma turns into a lava human that causes mass tectonic instability when using her powers, Rahne turns into a wolf, Dani would usually conjure some sort of monster to scare people, Warlock was a giant glob of chaotic, moving circuitry, and then of course Magik and all things involved with her would be a special effect spectacle in itself. I honestly don't see it happening. If you had an X-Factor line up that featured Madrox, M, Layla, Siryn, Rictor, Shatterstar and Longshot....all those powers would be relatively easy to feature.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.