Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Our X-Men Popularity Tournament : X-Ladies : Round One

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Poll Our X-Men Popularity Tournament : X-Ladies : Round One (61 votes)

Magik 54%
    Mystique 43%

I thought it would be fun to have, a popularity Tournament for the X-Men. The X-Men characters. Now we have the X-ladies . We only focusing on the more popular X-ladies for now.

Pick your favourite X-lady. Who do you like more. Share your thoughts please.

Magik

No Caption Provided

or

Mystique

No Caption Provided

• 
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

I liked both ladies, but Mystique is more interesting.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Mystique overexposure and twisted characterization didn't do her much justice in this era. In the right hands she can be a very compelling character, but that wasn't the case for quite a time. Magik though had some incredible developments from Gilln and Wells, she suffered from Bendisism though, like most of them did and this route is being continued, but still she's in a much better shape than Raven.

Magik.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dman1366

The way Claremont wrote magik back in the day, so good

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mystique.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Mystique overexposure and twisted characterization didn't do her much justice in this era. In the right hands she can be a very compelling character, but that wasn't the case for quite a time. Magik though had some incredible developments from Gilln and Wells, she suffered from Bendisism though, like most of them did and this route is being continued, but still she's in a much better shape than Raven.

Magik.

This...

Its been so long since Mystique did something compelling (let alone sensible) that I can't remember why I liked her. Magik was going the same way, but she's made waves at least.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mystique

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I really can't decide on this one. I love both characters. Mystique has not been written well though. Magik suffered from Bendis but......

galeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik for sure.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@koays said:
    @adamtrmm said:

Magik.

This...

Its been so long since Mystique did something compelling (let alone sensible) that I can't remember why I liked her. Magik was going the same way, but she's made waves at least.

they both suffered from bendis, but magik was doing something before that mystique hasnt been good since claremont

so magik for me

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle

Magik was a character created with a purpose, limitations, a unique personality and destiny. All of that is gone and she is now presented as a powerful waifu for manga-tards. Mystique will always remain more interesting visually and character wise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Magik was a character created with a purpose, limitations, a unique personality and destiny. All of that is gone and she is now presented as a powerful waifu for manga-tards. Mystique will always remain more interesting visually and character wise.

No Caption Provided

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik love her powers

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mystique. Shes always been intresting.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik all the way. Mystique could end up being banished to Limbo by Magik for all I care. At least that psychopathic, manipulative, untrustworthy and mustache twirling villain would finally get some kind of punishment for all the stuff she has done and will certainly continue to do.

Magik can be a manipulative ass too but at least her reasons are better than "Im bored so let's troll the X-Men"

Movie Mystique actually has some character even if it's just Jennifer Lawrence painted blue. Comic Mystique on the other hand is just a train wreck IMO.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never really got into Mystique as a character. I don't know what it is about her but I just find her kind of dull.

Magik interests me a lot more, especially when she's being teamed up with Colossus. A family relationship within the X-Men is always welcome for me, it's all the benefit of characters caring for each other as more than team-mates, without the over-used drama of being together romantically.

Also, Magik is smokin' hot and a total badass so...

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Illyana! No question! She's amazinnnnggg!

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magik recently shes great

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Magik has a great addition to the main X-Men line-up but she doesn't have to do much to win her for me. Mystique has no distinguishable characterisations, goals or what-have-you, she's been a mess since the early 00s, the oversaturation of the character since J-Law has only exacerbated the problem.

MTOL008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do love both.
    I agreed with everybody about mystique not been write well, she have so much more potential and she could be so much more.
    and Magik is other that after Phoenix was not really developed she was only really seam as a go to taxi girl take takes everybody everywhere, she have so much power and potential and as was seam in futures realities she will be major powerful in the future but I want to see more of that now.!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.