Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Off My Mind: The Original X-Men Traveling to the Present

• 144 results
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By danhimself

I'm kind of excited about this....If Bendis brings the same level of writing to this that he does with Ultimate Spider-man and the Spider-men mini then there is a lot that he can do with this

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#52  Edited By Lvenger

@Trodorne said:

@Lvenger said:

I can't believe how much of an ass Scott has been. I'm gonna remove him from my favourite superheroes' list now. He doesn't deserve to be on there.

If you are refering to the events of AvX that was not him as he was influenced by the phoenix force. but yes the writing now adays are specifically trying to make him look like a bastard. obviously for a reason.

Actually I was talking generally too. Leaving Maddie Pyror and her infant son when Jean came back from the dead, cheating on Jean with Emma, sanctioned a team of killers and brought in a teenage clone of Wolverine as well as encouraging Idie to kill in Regenesis. Plus the AvX affair. I've just completely gone off the character now. In fact he may be in my top 10 least liked superheroes as a result of this.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#53  Edited By Samimista

Looks like I'll be reading this for my girl Jean.

brucecapell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By brucecapell

This concept only works for Jean. The adult version of the O5 men are still around so that might get confusing. Are they going to call the two Hanks Furry Beast and Human Beast? Either way I'll check it out. Bendis has said this book will be very character driven. The O5 need new modern costumes fast though.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By EdBlank

If you are in any way familiar with my posting then you know that them using copies of chatacters (from the past or whatever) makes my tummy hurt. It seems easy enough to make a basic outline of a very long term storyline and just kind of follow along. Let Civil War somehow lead into the next even and so on out to some definite future plot point. They are only planning a couple of months ahead and it reads like they are only planning a couple of months ahead. No matter what no one should ever put a duplicate of another character in the story. I bet it was groundbreaking when they first introduced Bizarro but now that we have enough Spidermans to man a football team: enough.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By DEGRAAF

i would actually really like to see

1st thier reactions to their future selves

2nd their reactions to the future of the x-men and Xavier

3rd the whole world suddenly alter and in a state of flux with every grain of knowledge they gain about their futures and how it would change and effect it and them.

- Would Beast still go thru with his experiment to cure himself (or advance himself, not sure how it happened in the comics)

- Will Jean try to better prepare herself for her future encounters with the Phoenix Force? Maybe do similar training to Hopes

- Will Cyclops hate his future self or become more of a hardened and strategic leader after seeing his future. What about how he has dealt with his kids and relationships?

- I cant see Bobby having a problem with his future self other then his day job. I would like to see them train together and maybe make Bobby more powerful (im a huge Bobby fan lol)

- Angel i could see going in to depression from all the loss and him being used in his life. I would hope he would fall in love with and try to pursue Psylocke while she fights the urge bc she knows he is not the same man she fell in love with.

- What about the rest of the X-Men? how will they view the old versions of their leaders, mentors, and friends

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_fallen11 said:

I don't agree when G-Man said that Warren has lost his memory. Rick Remender has said time and time again that Warren is dead. And that this is a whole new being using Warren's body as a vessel. So I think that his experiance will be similar to Jean's in the fact that he has done terrible things and is now dead. It may even be harder for him being someone else is still running around in his likeness.

It's amnesia any way you slice it regardless of that hack's opinion.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By Gambit1024

I'm not into this idea, but I'll reserve my judgement until I read it (which I may or may not do).

CircularLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#59  Edited By CircularLogic

Remember, according to Marvel laws of science, time travel doesn't change the world, it only creates divergent time lines. Even if the 5 X-men do return to their own world, the 616 universe will remain untouched.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#60  Edited By Trodorne

@Lvenger said:

@Trodorne said:

@Lvenger said:

I can't believe how much of an ass Scott has been. I'm gonna remove him from my favourite superheroes' list now. He doesn't deserve to be on there.

If you are refering to the events of AvX that was not him as he was influenced by the phoenix force. but yes the writing now adays are specifically trying to make him look like a bastard. obviously for a reason.

Actually I was talking generally too. Leaving Maddie Pyror and her infant son when Jean came back from the dead, cheating on Jean with Emma, sanctioned a team of killers and brought in a teenage clone of Wolverine as well as encouraging Idie to kill in Regenesis. Plus the AvX affair. I've just completely gone off the character now. In fact he may be in my top 10 least liked superheroes as a result of this.

I will not defend scott with the whole maddie pryor thing. That was stupid on his part. In terms of Emma she did teach him to be more confident and be a more effective leader. Jean was just holding him back. And I can understand why he made X-force. not so much X-23 and encouraging Idie. Honestly both of those would have been a Wolverine thing.

And where was wolverine when Idie was complelled to kill? in a bar.... talk about dropping the ball on that. Scott has never been perfect, that I blame the writers for.

Scott had to be written like this. More of a tactical/ Administrative leader, His role should have been to co-ordinate multiple X-men teams at the same time, if anything he should have been X-mens Oracle. Calm.cool, collected you know like a Canadian. but since someone at top wanted him to go crazy and not use any logic nothing can be done about it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#61  Edited By Lvenger

@Trodorne said:

I will not defend scott with the whole maddie pryor thing. That was stupid on his part. In terms of Emma she did teach him to be more confident and be a more effective leader. Jean was just holding him back. And I can understand why he made X-force. not so much X-23 and encouraging Idie. Honestly both of those would have been a Wolverine thing.

And where was wolverine when Idie was complelled to kill? in a bar.... talk about dropping the ball on that. Scott has never been perfect, that I blame the writers for.

Scott had to be written like this. More of a tactical/ Administrative leader, His role should have been to co-ordinate multiple X-men teams at the same time, if anything he should have been X-mens Oracle. Calm.cool, collected you know like a Canadian. but since someone at top wanted him to go crazy and not use any logic nothing can be done about it.

There wasn't any need for Scott to psychically cheat on Jean with Emma though was there? Doesn't seem to be much of a good thing about Scott's character. I'd hoped AvX would be the end of the Scott/Emma relationship but it doesn't look that way. How can you not see the ethical issues with making a team of killers and hiding it under a team dedicated to saving both humans and mutants?

Yeah Logan was in a bar. He's usually in a bar. That's an in character thing for Logan to do. Scott creating another killer at a young age, not an in character thing to do.

He was a better leader when he was a more good natured character. Recently, Cyclops has been screwed over.

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By mettlekm

a LOT has happened to these characters over the years... this could be interesting. It's funny, that the Beast could be like "I'm Hairy and BLUE!?!?!" But that is like the least of their collective problems/changes.

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By mettlekm

@neiliusprime said:

I don't really like the concept of having doubles of multiple characters in the same universe, but I will check this out.

I'm with ya. The initial thought if on a temporary basis is cool, but long term it devalues the character.

@AlfieBoheme said:

I really hope they don't use this to be like "They change the future so AvX never happened, Jean never died, etc.". If they were going to do that, they may as well just gone all the way like DC have.

And one more day never happened!

... i really gotta let this go.

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65  Edited By Dakens son

This is one of the most unreasonable"steps"ever made by marvel,

1) we wont see the teams,the old ones are an a verry easy target

2)I'm sure someone from the present(I bet he/she is an x-man) will die for the sake of the past.

And one last thing I bet my boots Beast is gonna need loads of prozac after seeing his future alteration!!!!!!!

snikt_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By snikt_0

IMO, X-Men's history always at it's essence, has been about Scott Summers and Xavier. Every good writer of X-Men got that. It is what makes Cyclops killing Xavier so tragic. Shakespeare. Phoenix is also about rebirth...they are getting a second chance. Should make some interesting stories.

I like where they are going with this

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Mutant God

I dont think this is a good idea bring the past to the present just so this can be way to retcon things but I would love to see young Scott agree with present Scott and call out Wolverine (a guy who in his time is a complete menace) and the Avengers on attacking and arresting mutants and not stopping many mutants deaths

Ramier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Ramier

@TheCrowbar: Agreed again,

The marvel u once again goes along with the trend and thats why most people hate Scott. He has overall been the best leader in the books. The writing of scott shows marvel can care less about the x men. C'mon this whole AvX story has been complete shit, mutants are the bad guys and scott being the LEADER he was the sacrificial lamb of the event. the whole schism thing was stupid, Idie was going to die along with other people, but SHE decided to save them. But scott is making kids murder? Wolverine could care less about the kids shit he has his own that he doesn't like. I just hope in the future they bring the scott character back to prominence.

arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By arcano_19

OK JUST FOR THE RECORD.. COME ON GUYS JEAN DIDNT EAT A STAR JEAN WAS ON A COCOON WILL CYCLOPS DID KILL XAVIER

mtbmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#70  Edited By mtbmonkey

Presently, I am not an X-Men fan. I think the reason why is that I dropped comics for about 15 years. Trying to find a jump on point for any X-Men stories that doesn't have a past reference is frustrating to me. That's just me. No offense to the loyal X-Men fans.

This new X-Men title seems like a great place for me to jump on. It's tied to AvX, which I have been reading. Since it is the original X-Men, I'm very familiar with them and their storyline. I'm hoping that I can get caught up with the X-Men universe.

Final thought. I'm pitching that Wolverine joins the Defenders. Why not? He's on all the other teams.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By PurpleCandy

Very wierd, but sounds like it will be a nice fun read

frochez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By frochez

A lot of people's complaints with this seems to be based on the assumption that the characters will have to have their minds wiped when they return to the past so as to preserve the timeline. However, I think that it's wrong to automatically assume that these characters will ever return to the past. After all, this is meant to be an entire ongoing seires, not a single story arc.

We've already seen that both alternative presents (Age of Apocalypse) and alternative futures (Days of Future Past) exist. Therefore, why not alternative pasts as well? these 'all-new all-different x-men' could be from a seperate timeline to the 616 universe. In fact, the point at which the two timestreams diverge could well be the fact that in 616 the x-men didn't travel to the future, while in the 'a.n. a.d. x-men's' world they did. (this could also lead into a plotline in which these characters get to see how things turned out in their own world, in which they weren't present).

In my mind, this would more than adequetly explain how the characters are able to travel to, and interact with, the future without messing up their timelines or requiring that the whole series be made void at it's conclusion.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

This is a very interesting article. Towards the end it almost becomes a compare and contrast of the old and new Marvel Universe.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74  Edited By TheMess1428

Either their memories are going to be wiped before going back or when they go back, it will cause another timeline where they prevented all the bad stuff from happening. And then we might get another universe crossover between the new one and 616.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By One_Eye

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Jean: Realizes that she's dead, has a school named after her that's run by some creepy Canadian hobbit who keeps staring at her, and finds her future husband in the arms of a beautiful and powerful blonde.

Angel: Realizes old him is dead and that new him likes to fly around naked. Also, metal wings.

Beast: Realizes that he is blue and furry, became an Avenger, and is dating a paranoid green-haired alien chick.

Iceman: Realizes that he has changed the LEAST out of everyone. Gets along fine with himself.

Cyclops: Realizes that he has changed the MOST out of everyone. Has buried two wives, had a son who was sent into the future, met his long lost brothers and father, realized that Xavier is a manipulative jerk, become the leader of the mutant race, got to engage in carnal activities with a sexy woman in white lingerie, created a mutant nation, gained the loyalty of Magneto, is looked at like a villain for sacrificing his humanity to save his race, and must redeem himself after he was possessed by the Dark Phoenix and killed his surrogate father.

I think it's fairly straightforward as to who will be the most intriguing out of the bunch. :P

Indeed!

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#76  Edited By Billy Batson

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Jean: Realizes that she's dead, has a school named after her that's run by some creepy Canadian hobbit who keeps staring at her, and finds her future husband in the arms of a beautiful and powerful blonde.

Angel: Realizes old him is dead and that new him likes to fly around naked. Also, metal wings.

Beast: Realizes that he is blue and furry, became an Avenger, and is dating a paranoid green-haired alien chick.

Iceman: Realizes that he has changed the LEAST out of everyone. Gets along fine with himself.

Cyclops: Realizes that he has changed the MOST out of everyone. Has buried two wives, had a son who was sent into the future, met his long lost brothers and father, realized that Xavier is a manipulative jerk, become the leader of the mutant race, got to engage in carnal activities with a sexy woman in white lingerie, created a mutant nation, gained the loyalty of Magneto, is looked at like a villain for sacrificing his humanity to save his race, and must redeem himself after he was possessed by the Dark Phoenix and killed his surrogate father.

I think it's fairly straightforward as to who will be the most intriguing out of the bunch. :P

Dang it, Bobby.
    BB

ScreamingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ScreamingGhost

@wowylied said:

I really don't fell this. They will some plot hole to make them forget all about the futur and then all this arc will be useless.

I really don't see the point of doing this if all will be back to the boring state after.

True but maybe the point is how these past X-Men affect their future selves and the Marvel U as a whole. Hearkening back to a more hopeful time. At the very least you get Immonen's great art which in my opinion is a treat.

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 6

#78  Edited By thanosrules

Great article Tony.

I like your line of thinking.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Or35ti

I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty depressing book.

antemiusenteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By antemiusenteri

@lorex:

Unlike Jean, Cyclops wanted the phoenix , he knew what it could do what it did to jean and he welcomed it , he was willing to force Hope to get it (yes i said force because she didn't want to and he first made her stay against her will and then chased her down when she escaped) jean never wanted the phoenix but cyclops did even knowing its power to corrupt he was sure he or hope would control it , his ignorance put the universe at stake

antemiusenteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By antemiusenteri

@ApatheticAvenger:

for cyclops i think you forgot the part where he learns he abandoned his wife and unborn child and created a team of killers.........cheated on his wife with the woman in "white lingerie"

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#82  Edited By Teerack

@DATNIGGA said:

@Teerack: thats jean. & I Rachel's new outfit is inspired off of the Phoenix I always thought it to be creative

No the black man wearing a sweater is not Jean Grey.

Just because her old outfit has some phoenix inspirations doesn't make it less ugly.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By kid Apollo

@notoriousmistersims: ithink dark beast left during the X-force run where Archangel becomes the new Apocalypse

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#84  Edited By Ferro Vida

@ApatheticAvenger said:

My God... Someone who doesn't have a blind hatred of Cyclops? This IS rare. :P Also, agreed for the most part.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#85  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Teerack: what black man wearing a sweater? Am I looking at the same picture your looking at?

I was referring to the women who is wearing red that Jean & I dunno its depends I personally think her new outfit is awesome

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Osian2

@antemiusenteri said:

@lorex:

Unlike Jean, Cyclops wanted the phoenix , he knew what it could do what it did to jean and he welcomed it , he was willing to force Hope to get it (yes i said force because she didn't want to and he first made her stay against her will and then chased her down when she escaped) jean never wanted the phoenix but cyclops did even knowing its power to corrupt he was sure he or hope would control it , his ignorance put the universe at stake

Jean has shown multiple times that she likes the phoenix power just look at new x-men

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#87  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Very interesting. I love time traveling stuff.

superbrosky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By superbrosky

reading this shows how much X-men really have changed

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By kid Apollo

i just started to realize that when you take 70+ years of stories, events, arcs and character development, there isn't a character that i can think of that's 100% squeaky clean, everyone screws up or has bad day, most marvel characters have killed before, some have been possessed and some have butchered innocents. despite what everyone's personal view of Cyke is, i bet his page has seen an increase in activity since AvX started. haters are gonna hate, its a fact, but there's no such thing as bad press

Bitchgurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Bitchgurl

I like the basic idea, but cannot see how they can keep it going for any length of time, since we know the X-ers cannot change anything, without the book  becoming a hot mess,lol, and becoming another AOE type deal. 

Still, i DO enjoy the idea of the original, more naive  group doing things in the far more jaded MU. 

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#91  Edited By Teerack

@DATNIGGA: The woman in red is Rachel. You can tell by her face, hair, bust, and the fact Jean is still dead.

the man i was talking about is to the right of Emma Frost.

No Caption Provided
    DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#92  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Teerack: the younger versions of the X men where brought back Jean is alive in marvel now

SiycoBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By SiycoBat

The only way that that concept of past meeting present will ever make any real change on the characters (if the intent was for character growth) or any common sense would be to end the X-Men titles when Marvel NOW also ends and then restart the X-Men with the original crew.

SiycoBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By SiycoBat

Two people that changed the most out of the crew.

Jean Grey looking at present: HOLY CRAP, I'M DEAD!!

Cyclops looking at present: HOLY CRAP, I'M A VILLAINOUS ASSWIPE!

Jean/Cyclops: -comments snidely- So much for my future...

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 10

#95  Edited By Jekylhyde14

I'll give Bendis points for this being the most bizarre idea he's ever thought up. I, myself, often have the feeling that: "Man, things would be a lot better if this were the 1960's." However, I'm pretty sure he'll spend the first four or five issues just having the characters TALK about how weird the whole thing is, so I'll probably skip it.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Ferro Vida

@ApatheticAvenger: Pleased to make your acquaintance. I'm the guy who usually defends Cyclops in these things. :P

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Ferro Vida

@ApatheticAvenger: Hey, I know that guy. Glad to see I'm not the only one kicking around.

randalmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By randalmeister

@G-Man: That's why it doesn't pay to doubt you, sir.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.