Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

New Astonishing X-Men artist?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

So I've heard that perhaps Bryan Hitch will be the new artist. Don't know how I feel about that. Can he keep up with a deadline?

I think the best choice (or at least a really good one) would Alan Davis. That guy is gold. He's done X-Men (and Excalibur) already. His Fantastic Four: The End is just beautiful.

Anyone know why he doesn't do a monthly? Is it a time thing? I was hoping before that he would be Bagley's replacement on Ultimate Spidey. I just wanna see him monthly somewhere!

tyger_raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By tyger_raven

The book can't come out any slower if Hitch was drawing it. I just wonder who will replace Joss as writer? Personally, I have a feeling that the Astonishing book won't last very long once Joss and Cassaday leave it.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

Maybe they should just let it be and cancel it. It's not like there aren't any other X-titles out there. Whoever comes in has some big shoes to fill.

tyger_raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tyger_raven

The only reason I think they'd try to keep it going is because Astonishing has become the flagship title for the X-Men, besides, where would Cyclops, Emma, Beast, Wolverine, Colossus, and Kitty go if the title was cancelled.

But, given the pacing of this title to date, we shouldn't have to really think of what to do once Whedon/Cassaday's run is over until late next year. :-P

Kaiho13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kaiho13

wasn't it mentioned somewhere that the title will stop after Josh and John leave ?

to tell you the truth ... i would prefer that instead of a mediocre follow-up (which is always more possible)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck

Yeah I'd be super surprised if Marvel stopped it. I just really really hope that they can get someone good that "gets" the characters if they do continue it. Whedon really fleshed out these characters that have been so well established before.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Sales numbers says otherwise.

IMO Astonishing is very overrated.

Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zero

Mark Millar said that he has another proyect with Hitch in 2007.

Sepeculation: probably he could be the next writer, I mean, it has commercial sense.

Teh_Exploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Teh_Exploder

I love this title they need to get a really really good writer.. like Ed Brubaker maybe.. he's done X-men I think? this is the only X-men title i get besides Wolverine Origins and X-factor. For an artist how about Jim Chueng?

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Actually, Brubaker is doing Uncanny right now...the whole "Vulcan vs. the Shiar Empire" thing.

Kaiho13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kaiho13

my opinion is that they need someone who was not into comics.

Bring someone fresh like Whedon was when he first came onboard.

Warren Ellis would be great though if he was left alone to do whatever he wanted...

Lumiras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Lumiras

Kaiho13 says:

"my opinion is that they need someone who was not into comics.Bring someone fresh like Whedon was when he first came onboard.Warren Ellis would be great though if he was left alone to do whatever he wanted... "

Hmm, a Warren Ellis penned Astonishing could be really good. Ellis does a great job at that snarky/hilarious dialogue that Astonishing is known for.

I just hope Astonishing stays as good as it is right now. It is really a very classic X-title, with a tight group of members and great interpersonal relationships. It's very character driven, which is a nice change of pace from throwing a new group of alien invaders at the X-Men every month

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Prodigal Son

Post Deleted.

Avatar image for dreaded_porcupine
    Dreaded Porcupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men this, X-men that. There is only 50 teams of them and Wolverine is on all but one. He had to make room to be an Avenger. I'm starting to get quezzy marvel. Get real. They were more realistic and continous in the 60's. Milk it for all it's worth. You have the stock holders to think about. Weasels. I'm still waiting for the day Juggernaut pounds mister stock holder wolverine into the ground.

whagent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By whagent

Dreaded Porcupine says:

"X-men this, X-men that. There is only 50 teams of them and Wolverine ison all but one. He had to make room to be an Avenger. I'm starting toget quezzy marvel. Get real. They were more realistic and continous inthe 60's. Milk it for all it's worth. You have the stock holders tothink about. Weasels. I'm still waiting for the day Juggernaut poundsmister stock holder wolverine into the ground."

:D

Lead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lead

Ellis and Hitch would be great on this title. I think this book delivers too little for the long time it takes between issues. Cassaday's art is beautiful, but I've never found it compatible with a superhero book.

The plot and new characters Whedon has created are underwhelming. "Armor", "Danger", these stupid no nose aliens....on the other hand, his characterization is spot on. My only quible is with Emma and Logan.....He's turned Emma boring and Logan's just comic relief

The Flying Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By The Flying Man

Am I the only one that thinks it would be awesome if Grant Morrison picked up the writing duties once Whedon goes? His run on X-Men was phenomenal in my eyes and I'd like to see what he would do with that team now. It would be cool because Morrison took them out of the costumes and Whedon put them back on. It would be interesting to see.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

The Flying Man says:

"Am I the only one that thinks it would be awesome if Grant Morrison picked up the writing duties once Whedon goes? His run on X-Men was phenomenal in my eyes and I'd like to see what he would do with that team now. It would be cool because Morrison took them out of the costumes and Whedon put them back on. It would be interesting to see. "

YES! after what he did during his "New" X-Men run I hope he rots in hell or worse, writes for DC for the rest of his life, lol. I hated those stupid uniforms they wore too, though the lowsy art didn't help either, Emma wore a diaper.

DiamondFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DiamondFrost

It has been confirmed that Warren Ellis will be the writer and Simone Bianchi will be the artist on Astonishing X-Men when the Unstoppable arc ends. An X-Team has not been decided on, but assuming that all the members of the current team survive Messiah Complex that will be the team.

After all, would Marvel REALLY want to ruin another marriage for poor Cyke^^ That is why those are in discussion to keep at least him and Emma on the Astonishing Team.

To all you Astonishing X-Men fans out there, we know that Simone Bianchi will be taking over Astonishing X-Men,

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.