Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Mystique is being shaped into the Malcolm X figure in the movies instead of Magneto?

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I noticed this while watching her conversation with Xavier in X-men Apocalypse.

Charlies sounds totally like MLK in that scene with him wanting the school to be for both mutants and humans living together. And he is against the entire notion of fighting.

While Mystique totally sounds like Malcolm X. As she wants to teach mutants self-defense and embrace who they who they are like Malcolm did. Both her and Malcolm also embraced supremacy at one point but came to reject that notion.

I can't believe I didn't notice this on the first viewing.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mystique also was a mutant supremacist in the comics during her first appearances in the X-Men books. The question would remain if she was serious about it later on.....or just pretending as part of her agenda.

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mystique is in a class with a dozen other X-Men characters who have had very strong mutant views that sometimes border on supremacy. The bulk of Morrison New X-Men team couldve been (and were) critiqued as supremacist during that era.

If the willingness to fight is the soul reason for comparison to Malcolm X then more then half the mutants that will appear in the films will have that comparison.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Well, I mentioned other reasons besides wanting to teach self-defense.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. Even when she was talking to Charles he said, "you still sound just like him, you sound just like Eric." Magneto is still supposed to be the guy that fills that role. Raven is only presented as a follower.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Mystique and Magneto's characters ended up being redundant. They only reason Mystique is being jammed down our throats is because JENNIFER HUNGER GAMES LAWRENCE.

Amazing how we can look past man amazing story opportunities to give us blue-less Mystique............... sigh.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By christianrapper

@DevilMayehm666 said:

I noticed this while watching her conversation with Xavier in X-men Apocalypse.

Charlies sounds totally like MLK in that scene with him wanting the school to be for both mutants and humans living together. And he is against the entire notion of fighting.

While Mystique totally sounds like Malcolm X. As she wants to teach mutants self-defense and embrace who they who they are like Malcolm did. Both her and Malcolm also embraced supremacy at one point but came to reject that notion.

I can't believe I didn't notice this on the first viewing.

no, to me she is a full on good guy. she is nothing like her comic book character or the character in the first 3 films.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@poisonfleur said:

Mystique and Magneto's characters ended up being redundant. They only reason Mystique is being jammed down our throats is because JENNIFER HUNGER GAMES LAWRENCE.

Amazing how we can look past man amazing story opportunities to give us blue-less Mystique............... sigh.

Actually, blue-less Mystique is the result of JLaw getting sick from the make-up. Plus, her playing the character predates the Hunger Games.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.