Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Mutants Full Potential

jericobg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Let's discuss the full potential of many mutants.

We've seen what Iceman can do, he's extremely powerful.

What can we say for the others at full potential?

Nightcrawler

Cyclops

Havok

Hope

Rogue

Banshee

Colossus

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What would Colossus's full potential even be???

A denser metal so he could hit stuff harder and whine more about his problems??

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cattlebattle: Hey, brooding perpetually isn't the same as whining.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RaunJisto

Colossus could either get denser/tougher metal or turn into whatever earthy material he wants.

Rogue not needing to touch to get someone's powers. Similar to Hope.

Cyclops could omega beam his blasts.

Hope could keep the powers she absorbs permanently and then become a super villain like she should be.

Rockslide using more earth around him to make himself into a gargantuan.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Rogue being able to give/amp powers as well or even just recall powers on command would be a better power. Solely to avoid what little is special about Hope's powerset....though really Hope amping Mutants would fit her better.

Cyclops being able to absorb all light in a small area to amp his blast.

Nightcrawler being able to teleport objects and people in short distances without touching them. (Like with the bamfs but less weird).

Colossus could create copies of himself to more efficiently self sacrifice and self loath.

Havoc could become relevant.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@koays: Colossus cured AIDS. Cut him some slack.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightcrawler -teleport someone or something with just mere thought. Doesnt have to touch the object or person. Like a mixture of tk and teleportation

Hope-amp mutant powers to full potential or to omega status

Cyclops -total control over his optic beams.he is to have astral and physical access to the dimension where his energy beams come from. Thus, he can travel through time and space as pure energy just like magik's teleportation through limbo

Rockslide-stronger, and would have access to earth's energy. Earth bender

Banshee-would be able to turn herseld into pure sonic energy

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Koays

@sprior93: lol, let's face it, at this point even Colossus doesn't remember he did that.

Roguelocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's how Marvel would do this.

Nightcrawler switches from the Brimstone Dimension to the Darkforce Dimension.

Cyclops grows a third eye, firing optic blasts with an energy density that allows him to kugelblitz cosmics.

Havok goes the route of Ms. Marvel/Binary.

Can't get a feel for Hope. Probably Koays' fault.

Rogue gains the option of standard thefttouch, disablertouch, or full-on deathtouch.

Banshee performs thunderclaps and seismic stomps that aren't strength feats but sound feats.

Colossus transforms into organic vibranium.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most mutants have reached their full potential at the onset of their mutation, many of them have no room to grow more powerful only to grow more skilled in the use of what they already have. Now if they were to receive amps that allowed them to go beyond their power that is a different story, but still has nothing to do with unleashed full potential.

Cyclops for instance can't use his powers beyond his ability to fire optic blasts because his skin actually acts a blocker for his powers due to him only having to close his eyes to stop it.

Nightcrawler even after being able to spend more time in the BAMF dimension still didn't gain more distance in his teleportation range.

Banshee can only emit so much sound before he damages himself.

Colossus at most would be able to gain additional mass but the idea of him doing more than turning into steel would basically make him Husk.

Rogue's potential is directly related to the powers she takes and at full potential we already know she can recall the powers and memories of anybody she has ever touched and can steal powers from a distance. She once absorbed Colossus' power from a distance after she gained the power of a Neo (Salvo) who created organic steel weapons and ammo by morphing his body, her power flared up and stole Colossus' power to make her into organic steel to fuel the power she took from the Neo. Her full potential was already explored after she touched the mutant Skrull telepath Z'Cann, which allowed her to not only recall the powers of other she had touched in the past but also allowed her to shapeshift into them.

Havok IMO showed the limits of his power when he went up against Vulcan by directly tapping a star instead of being reliant on ambient cosmic waves.

Hope being an omega level mutant is the only in this list that has vast untapped potential because she can mimic any mutant and like Leech may be able to extend that power to non-mutants as well, but like Rogue her true power is directly related to the powers of others, unless they make her a mimic in every sense allowing her to shapeshift as well, but with the nature of her power we'd never know if she was using her own power to shapeshift or using another shapeshiters power.

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops at full power would be able to generate energy throughout his entire body. This was shown in Ultimate X men when he was on Banshee. It increased his power to new potential. Basically he would be like Vulcan. In ultimate he was able to use this power to breathe in outer space, fly and gain Super strength. He was also able to go up against Phoenix Jean for a minute.

Rogue at Full power(Unless she absorbed every living thing will never be at full power) would be able to recall previous psyches and powers. Also be able to take them from a distance. Also more than likely the psyches would begin to merge creating powerful new beings like Onslaught. Which was created by the psyches of Xavier, Magneto, Franklin and Nate Grey.

Colossus strength would simply increased to the point where he would be in the Thousand+ Ton range like he was in Ultimate X men. Also super durable given he was unaffected by his heart being stripped from body by Wolverine.

Havok would become like Vulcan. Being able to absorb energy through his entire body.

Hope would be able to fully control the Phoenix Force.

Banshee would become like Black Bolt with his screams.

So basically at full potential:

Rogue>>>>>>>Onslaught

Hope>~Phoenix Force Jean

Colossus>>>Juggernaut

Cyclops~Vulcan

Havok~Vulcan

Banshee~Black Bolt

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By HAWK2916

Some interesting stuff. I like it for sure.

Maybe we get some of this with mothervine or something else.

Nightcrawler at full power maybe able to teleport anywhere and at any distance. Also Shadow ability able is to use the dark force and manipulate shadows using them as weapons or whatever. Finally maybe gaining heightened strength at night or in darkness.

Colossus having the powers he had in the Ultimate universe is cool. Maybe virtually not needing oxygen or food and water. So able to walk on the ocean floor or be submerged underwater for any amount of time in steel form.

I like Banshee being able to have the ability to destroy on the level of Black Bolt if he chooses too.

Live most of the stuff already mentioned about Cyclops. I think I would just give him the ability to walk around without the glasses though. Basically like Wonderman. Also having an energy form is awesome. Sounds like a way skirt around that bs death and get him back.

Hope would be full out overpowered and a villian so anything for her is fine.

Rogue being able to absorb and recall infinite powers is cool. Inwould still have her base be invulnerability and super strength with flight. I like the idea of the danger being creating an Onslaught type character if not careful. So I would propose that every now and then she would have to discharge the energy sort of like how Surge had to do with electricity.

Havok the same as his brother but for some reason, I want him to be able to convert the energy for flight and super speed or strength too. Also use the energy to heal.

Additionally

Polaris at full power able to teleport along the electromagnetic fields similar to Siena Blaze. Also absorb electromagnetic energy and then use it as blast of electric energy

Emma Frost would have the psychometric powers that her sister had in addition to her telepathy and diamond form.

Beast is able to switch from human form to beast form. In his Beast form his strength would be virtually limitless maybe near Hulk like but still able to maintain his mind and intellect.

Gambit at full power being like his New Son persona. I think New Son was able to even destroy the Phoenix in his universe. But really being able to control the energy within another speeding them up and slowing them down is pretty badass. In fact and once again this is just my own head canon revamping of the xmen. I would have had Deadly Genesis be all about Gambit and have him in the role of Vulcan.

Domino at full power would basically have precognition and time altering and reality warping abilities.

Dani Moonstar gets full powered and is able to basically create illusions on a level like Mastermind and his daughter who was able to control a whole city. Also psychic arrows. I'd add to the empathic link and have able to do empathic teleportation. Along with death/danger sense.

Jubilee able to detonate matter at the subatomic level.

Maybe this is just a wardrobe thing but put Chamber in the Xorn mask/helmet and fully use his blast. Also full telepathy and flight.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: well jean beats all cause her "full potential" is the all-mighty phoenix force

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HAWK2916

@hopesummersforthefuture: Ok? Not really comparing there. And yeah everything is not all about Jean. And like I said New Son beat the Phoenix in his universe.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: ummm i know this is off-topic but do u like the codename for cyclops(scott)? In mythology, a cyclops is a dumb-witted, brute force monster(that lives in a cave and eats anything that moves, even humans)

cyclops is one of my favorite guy x-men.....but maybe its time for a new codename.......commander X? leader X? X-guy?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@hawk2916: didnt they hint that jubilee could do that in Gen X, I think i remember where Emma said she even had omega level potentila?

@deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3: :"( IMA miss you bro!!

Sad days have come over the X boards, Not sure what happened to ya but i bet bendis was behind it!

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: although commander x sounds great. I wouldn't consider the mythological character at all when thinking about cyclops it's more like when you see that single ruby eye you know you're done for. It brings attention to his look it's more like what other people would call him no matter what. I also always liked to picture that even if he didn't need the visor his eyes if he was about to or currently firing would be one "eye" just from the magnitude

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How would I imagine the full-potential of the X-Men?

•Nightcrawler- Quite simply teleporting anywhere he wants, including to other dimensions other than the one he crosses when he bamfs. Perhaps the ability to ignite the Bamf clouds since they are from the brimstone dimension.

•Cyclops- Am energy form Scott does sound pretty cool @hawk2916.

•Havok- I want him to turn the radiation into other forms of energy rather than plasma waves and beams. Example: Maybe he could turn it into kinetic energy or something along those lines, possibly become an amp charging Mutants that absorb energy like him but can’t do it as easily as he could.

•Colossus- I think he should be capable of taking pieces of the organic metal off of him and generate more, like a snake molting his skin off, good for the rare occasions that his amor gets damage, but would be convenient enough for him not to revert back to normal completely.

•Banshee- Black Bolt like screams would definitely be an upgrade. I also think a ventriloquism use of his voice would be op.

•Hope- Potentially, she should and probably is judging from the fact that mimiced Scarlet Witch and Shao Lao, is mimic any super-power in the world, universe, or possibly multiverse since we do have Summers kids that can go multiversal levels of power. Also, turning humans and aliens into Mutants and healing illnesses across a vast area rather than by touch.

•Rogue- basically Selene. A psionic vampire, only she would be able to drain their abilities as well as their life-Force. There is a lot you could do with Rogue. Have her be Kevin 11 and absorb the matter around her that she touches, have her recall her previous victims like she has before, unlock the true potential of the powers after draining them so that she as more effective use than the initial owner, be capable of transferring the life-Force of one to another like a wire and electricity, or even drain magical enchantments, like a protection spell, a curse, or the worthiness enchantment of Mjolnir. (Though that would be an aggressively abused plot device. Still cool nonetheless)

To go along with the theme of my answers

•Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Cable, Stryfe, Nate Grey- The Summers lone already has the Phoenix, but going without the Phoenix, they could potentially be just Nate Grey at full-power. Additionally, new powers could apply to all, and for some of these powers they already do, the Grey family Mutants, consisting of chromoskimming, precognition, technopathy (Though there’s have to be a really good explanation for that one), and of course, reality warping.

•Psylocke- Her Shadow teleportation should come back, as well as enhanced psychic powers. She could basically be Selene by manipulating Shadow forces and Elektra with her psionic abilities going in hand with her martial arts skills. Maybe we could add chi energy to that, though that sounds like a magical/spiritual training thing than a mutant ability.

•Emma Frost and the Cuckoos: Basically Stronger Telepathy And unlocked telekinesis (which they’ve displayed latently before). On the diamond side of things, maybe they could be like Ben 10’s Diamond head, who shoots crystals from his arms/ hands and can grow crystal spires from the ground. I’ve also kind of wanted to go on the Frost bit and make it cold diamond that is low in temperature or they could shoot a diamond mist that freezes her enemies in diamond. Also for the Cuckoos exclusively, I also want them to create copies of themselves.

•Storm- she’d basically be Crystal and Polaris. (I’d doubt she’d get to Magnetos level of skill in magnetism) I also like the idea from the X-Men movies where she could travel by lightning. (Maybe turning her body into water or electricity and traveling across the sky inthe clouds)

•Wolverine/X-23/Gabby/Daken/Jimmy- Animal empathy, pheromones, regrow or reattach limbs, climbing ability like Hank McCoy, and pack mentality bestowal.

•Dazzler- Become light or sound (or amalgamation of the two), a siren voice, hyper sonic voice, and light based weaponry.

•Beast/ Sabertooth- Same as the Wolverine clan, with added Beastial shape-shifting (where he can become less or more beastly at will) and longer claws.

•Polaris/Magneto- Become magnetic energy or electricity, that’s all I got.

•Mystique- Mimic physiology (including size), mimic fighting style, pheromones, and clone creation. (Like when she became a horde of bats in X-Men:Evolution)

•Angel- Basically what he is, plus a soothing aura, a blinding halo, stronger wings and muscle, and undoing magical enchantments naturally. Or more bird limbs.

@hopesummersforthefuture: And in Mythology, the Phoenix was always male. Liberties were taken when coming up with these and Scott’s visor might give the one-eye illusion.

@hawk2916: New Son never faced a full-powered White Phoenix of the Crown, aka way more powerful than any regular avatar.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: liking the diamond touch...........

i dont know if i mentioned this already but there was a time before emma joined the x-men.......just before the original hellions were killed.......jean with storm whet to protect emma and the hellions at the hellfire club........for some reason emma starting attacking(i think) jean and it looked like jean was losing and storm told emma to stop......

all im saying is this was a jean before she started tapping into the phoenix force again.......so in retrospect, emma was better then jean at tp

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: nah, she was attacking someone Jean was connected. When a telepath is psychically connected to someone, they can feel the pain they feel and can cripple the psychic if the pain is that bad.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: nah, she was attacking someone Jean was connected. When a telepath is psychically connected to someone, they can feel the pain they feel and can cripple the psychic if the pain is that bad.

oh is that like when a psychic is connected to someone before they die they can "go along" and follow then to death???? ie it happened in inferno with jean and maddie and to a lesser extant it almost happened to jean and annie(poor annie)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: yeah that's mincing words really. New Son handled the Phoenix in his universe which makes him pretty powerful. But once again this is not about Jean Grey and comparisons. I was merely showing how powerful New Son was or could be. Either way Gambit at that level would be fun imo

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wish jean would unlock all of x-men's potentials so that they'd have more control and use their powers to full potential. Just like what aoa jean did to psylocke.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: There are probably some reprucussions to that, like not being able to control their vast power.

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'll take Colossus since many take his abilities for granted.

If I got my hands on Colossus, I'd allow him to use his powers as temporary buffs and boosts for other characters and objects.

Basically he could touch a being and impart partial defense to the person for a short time. Reinforce objects and obstacles with his organic metal.

Possibly gain Elongation and morphing shapes. I'd give him a bit of heat dispersion and reflection against energy based attacks.

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nightcrawler's would likely just be the ability to teleport anywhere, even cross-planetary or dimensionally.

I know it's AU, but there was a point in the Ultimate X-Men where Cyclops took Banshee and gained the ability to fly similar to Sunspot, since his body absorbs solar energy. Havok would probably be something similar; maybe they'd even be like Vulcan and be total energy-warpers.

Hope might be able to tap into ANY mutant power, anywhere on Earth. Rogue... the same?

Banshee at mega-levels would probably be like Black Bolt--although that's more of a curse than a strength.

Colossus... I dunno. Hulk-strength?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel-time travel, precog, chronoskim, psychometry, energy manipulation

dazzler - turn into pure light or sound energy

emma - turn into into floating boobs pretty much like no-girl

domino- reality manipulation

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was a pretty big missed opportunity to not expose Gambit's full potential with him being Death boosted by Apoc. I mean, green gas? Not only it's random, also has a pretty funny connotation to it, if your troll o meter is functional. It also would've made sense knowing Sinister and Apoc's history for one undoing the work of another.

Anyway, I don't think there are many characters that make sense to have even a semblance of full potential. It has to be rare and even for the most powerful ones to be potentially dangerous to get to these levels.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazirai: What do you think of my ideas for Colossus?

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@pyrofn: I like it. I would use those pieces of himself to shield others. But I dig that idea though.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@tazirai: What do you think of my ideas for Colossus?

Could he control the pieces of himself that he sheds, move them mentally infront of others for protection in a firefight or something

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: I didn’t think that far, I mostly took an idea from Pokémon and applied it to Colossus. XD

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@mcklayn: I didn’t think that far, I mostly took an idea from Pokémon and applied it to Colossus. XD

lol which pokemon? I played years ago dont remember that at all

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

storm - control all forms of energy able to change into an energy form where she can be invulnerable. Use magic and her upgraded mutant abilities

jean grey control the phoenix completely and all the abilities with that

monet st. croix boost her psychic powers to almost rival jean greys full power without the phoenix (both telepathy and telekinesis) strength that rivals captain marvel durability to withstand planet busting attacks ( close to thor and hulk durability )

Rogue recall all powers she has absorbed and able to turn it on and off

longshot- like slight reality manipulation also increased speed

domino- reality manipulation time manipulation

psylocke-omega level telepath and telekinetic fly psychic constructs can cut through anything shadow teleportation back and shadow manipulation

rictor- Control the entire planet at once

gambit- new sun level

emma frost - use her telepathy while in diamond form and use the same ability as her sister

colossus- strength of juggernaut living vibranium shell

sunspot 100 tonner heat blast as hot the sun

magik- master her time disc magic skill that rivals classic doctor strange

banshee and siryn black bolt level voices but able to control them

i like someone elses idea for nightcrawler being able to teleport all around the world with no stress on his body and teleport others without looking a them

dazzler hard light constructs

hope upgrade all mutants powers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: According to the Pokédex, in medieval times, they would use the broken metallic feathers of a Skarmory, the steel/ flying type, for the blades of swords.

Psy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Psy4

Cyclops. Scott already has a psionic field in close proximity to his body that shunts extra-dimensional particles back to the apertures in his eyes, it's why he's immune to his own powers. Basically that field can vector those particles so the basis for him having omega-beam type control over his optic stream is already present for years and not a mere possibility but something that should happen if the writers are imaginative enough...and if he comes alive again....which he is almost guaranteed to do because comics lol.

Rogue. Merely willful control over who she's absorbing from when she comes into contact with them and also perpetual possession of the last power she absorbed much like she kept Ms Marvel's. Maybe genetic memory of anybody she has absorbed in the past with the caveat of getting their attitude along with it could swap out for perpetual power possession.

Seeing a lot of planet-level this, omega-level that etc and that's the last thing most of those characters need. Most of them don't really need improvements to be honest as better writing can take care of that because a lot of the powers are already pretty good. It seems writers just don't know what to do with extremely powerful characters like Iceman so they'll always be written to be frustratingly stupidly or reluctant to explore their capabilities (dumb excuse). I'd rather the character have a good set of powers at a decent level that they can use well and to the full extent of their abilities instead of an omega level flop that doesn't know up from down with their powers. That's not entertaining at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.