Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Jeff Lemire Interview/Extra X-Men Preview

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/x-position-jeff-lemire-teases-inhumans-and-interconnectivity-in-extraordinary-x-men

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Well, it looks like Jean and OML moved in together.......sleazy, but I like it ;)

The flashback with Colossus seems to add a darker tone to the Rasputins, who were mostly remembered as loving parents before. What was the thought process to add the barn scene and will it play out in Colossus' story going forward?

I want to try and make the X-Men as real as possible. No one's life is perfect. No one's childhood is perfect. No matter how happy and supportive anyone's family is, there are still dark times. Even loving parents can make mistakes based on fear. I wanted to show another side of Piotr and Illyana's past. This doesn't negate what we've seen of their childhoods in the past, just adds another wrinkle.

MarvelMaster616 wants to know more about the role of the Inhumans in your book.

Can you talk a bit about the role the Inhumans will play in your run? They're already part of the story with the Terrigen Mists. Will we be seeing any major Inhuman characters in this series?

Can't say too much yet, but as you can tell, the paths of the Inhumans and the X-Men seem destined to cross. There is a plan in place for when and how this will happen. I was recently in New York with X-editor Daniel Ketchum, "Uncanny's" Cullen Bunn, and "All-New's" Dennis Hopeless as well as the Inhumans crew of Nick Lowe and Charles Soule. We had some great discussions about this plan and I think we're all pretty excited about where this is all heading and what it will mean for both mutants and Inhumans.

We were subtly introduced to X-Haven in your first issue, which inspired Master of Sound's question.

What can you tell us about X-Haven?

Not too much. Sorry, but a lot more about X-Haven will be revealed in issue #2, out this week!

In addition to your core X-Men cast, Andru spotted a few other characters in thebackground and wants to know more about your plans for them.

My question is about the X-Haven inhabitants. Obviously much has happened in the 8-month time jump and I am sure everything will be answered in time. We saw a few familiar faces residing at X-Haven. Anole, Rockslide, Blindfold, Glob Herman, etc. Did you specifically choose these characters, or did Humberto have free reign to draw who he wanted? Any hints as to who else might be hanging around? And will these charactersplay any significant role in the book?

First of all, I want to state that we will learn more about what happened during the 8-month gap and we will connect dots between the end of Brian Bendis' run and "Extraordinary X-Men" #1. That is a story that we fully intend to tell, we are just being very careful about when and how we tell it because it plays into larger plans for the X-books.

As for the supporting cast, and as to whether I wrote characters like Glob, Rockslide, Anole etc. into the script, or if Humberto drew who he wanted -- it was honestly a bit of both. There are a handful of mutants I have definite plans for, and who will play a bigger role in the series as we move forward; Glob and Anole are among them. And there were others that Humberto added.

I want to develop a strong supporting cast for the book, and many younger mutant characters will be included.

I will also say that Glob Herman has quickly become one of my favorite characters.

With Professor X and Cyclops out of the picture, Storm's really rising to the occasion in your series. Arya has a question about Storm's leadership style.

The X-Men leaders have a long history of being too private about their plans and motivations. It always bites them in the butt. Will Storm learn from their and her mistakes and become a more open leader?

Storm will indeed become a much more open leader. Issue #5 will answer this question fully.

"Extraordinary X-Men" caught up with Jean Grey, now a college student. jdgs is curious about the role Jean's studies will play in future issues.

Will we see more of Jean's life in college in future issues or is she going to be an X-Man full time from now on?

Sorry, don't mean to avoid answering, but Jean's college life is featured in issue #2 and the rest of this question will be answered then!

And speaking of Storm and young Jean Grey, Delo has a question about their friendship.

Will you be delving into the strong friendship Storm and Jean had? I feel like it was a topic sorely missed from "All-New X-Men" and would love to see their (obviously) different, dynamic.

Yes! The relationship between Storm and Jean is one of my favorites to write. They do have a strong bond and it will grow as the series progresses.

Looking at your lineup of X-Men, healed1337 notice a similarity between two members.

One thing I find a bit strange is that your team will have two teleporters who both tend to wield swords, Nightcrawler and Magik. Is there a particular reason for this? How are you going to differentiate their roles on the team?

There are two very specific reasons why the team needs more than one teleporter. The first reason is that the Extraordinary X-Men are a search and rescue team now and, as a result, this particular power is valuable. The second reason is linked to the location of X-Haven and I can say no more... but after you read issue #2, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Many questions about the All-New, All-Different future of the X-Men will be answered this week in "Extraordinary X-Men" #2

As for the swords... you can never have enough swords.

As the new X-era dawns, Alejandr0 wants to know how all the X-Men titles will interact with each other.

Will your story be as interwoven with the continuing "Uncanny"/"All-New X-Men" as the two titles were in the last couple of years? I kind of enjoyed the connectedness.

Each of our books will stand alone, but also be part of the shared X-Universe. So, no direct crossovers for a while, but we will see common threats and elements woven into the larger tapestry of the X-books.

And lastly this week, berserkerclaw wants to know if you can set the scene for your other X-Men-related series, "Old Man Logan."

Question on Old Man Logan's solo. You said he'd show up naked in Times Square on page one, just like final page of the "Secret Wars" "Old Man Logan" series. Is the first arc of "OML" taking place before his appearance in "Extraordinary" #1?

First of all, I love your name "berserkerclaw." Coincidentally, the first arc of "Old Man Logan" is actually called "Berserker."

This first 4-issue arc of "Old Man Logan" takes place before the events of "Extraordinary X-Men" #1, in the missing 8-month gap. Then after issue #4, the two series will sync up and run concurrently.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He avoids most of the questions, just like you would expect.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Really don't know why people even bother to ask questions in these things. There's never any answers.

I like the idea of 4 issue story arcs instead of the long drawn out mess with horrible pacing.

Also like the idea of books being individual but still tied to the greater x-verse.

Don't know what's up with OML and Jean but I'm not liking it.

Certainly not good to hear about his love for Glob Herman. And while its cool to hear about young mutants being part of the supporting cast. But he mentioned Anole and Glob...sigh... How about Surge, Hellion, Dust. To me they are much more interesting than who he mentioned but who knows maybe....

Interesting about the team having two teleporters and X-haven being tied to one...makes me wonder about that speculation posted here a few days ago.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to save myself the headache...I'm not gonna read this

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@hawk2916 said:

Really don't know why people even bother to ask questions in these things. There's never any answers.

I like the idea of 4 issue story arcs instead of the long drawn out mess with horrible pacing.

Also like the idea of books being individual but still tied to the greater x-verse.

Don't know what's up with OML and Jean but I'm not liking it.

Certainly not good to hear about his love for Glob Herman. And while its cool to hear about young mutants being part of the supporting cast. But he mentioned Anole and Glob...sigh... How about Surge, Hellion, Dust. To me they are much more interesting than who he mentioned but who knows maybe....

Interesting about the team having two teleporters and X-haven being tied to one...makes me wonder about that speculation posted here a few days ago.

Pretty much everything you said, the shorter arcs are awesome. Like stand alone but still in the same world vibe, I HATE glob lol and Yes the X Haven is inside Magik lol

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just wouldn't be X-Men if someone wasn't cradle-robbing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: @hawk2916: Glob Herman is the X-Men's only hope. As long as he's alive, the dream is alive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: True, but it's not enough anymore.

I think Ilyana and Piotr should develop an incestuous relationship. I mean, it's cool for Medusa and BB, right? The X-Men are all outcasts anyway, I say let their freak flags fly....

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just wouldn't be X-Men if someone wasn't cradle-robbing.

QFT. I was just hoping that the cradle robbing would have been betwixt Bobby and Anole.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle

@sprior93 said:

I think Ilyana and Piotr should develop an incestuous relationship. I mean, it's cool for Medusa and BB, right? The X-Men are all outcasts anyway, I say let their freak flags fly....

They way liberals are these days....I wouldn't even be surprised if that became a thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: Anole is way too mature for Iceman(especially adult).

I think OML and Bobby would be more appropriate.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

LET IT BE!! First we have Boberine and now, Cologik! <.< ok im not good with shipper names but some one else will figure out a good one ill just support incest and cradle robbing

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh great! It's the two worse characters in the x-books together! What a selling point!

And cant Jeen stop mindraping people for five minutes? The freaking Shadow King has more ethical concerns in using his telepathy than this suposed hero.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@dman1366: Anole is way too mature for Iceman(especially adult).

I think OML and Bobby would be more appropriate.

Why? they're both heterosexual males.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Walks in* ~reads comments~ *runs out*

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: Between the two of them, I'm pretty sure they've dated, married, bedded and persued more than a hundred women.

There, proven!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jota23: Bobby was closeted. Logan likes women, but that doesn't mean he's heterosexual.

Try again.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
    deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously doubt that Jean and Logan will get together.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HAWK2916

For those that are not a fan of training bra teenie jeanie's mindraping, there was a rumor going around that in addition to the Magik x-haven thing Jeanie tries to mind control Cyclops or something and releases that sliver of the Void which basically mindrapes her and that's why she had quit the Xmen and was in college. Man if that was really true I think I'd wet my pants laughing about it

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He said Glob is becoming a favorite of his.... How? How did that happen? Has Glob done anything recently? And I'm happy that Anole will be getting something in this story but like... What about Hellion, Surge, Dust, or Elixir (who is apparently alive again at the end of Uncanny X-Men 600)? I care way more about those guys than.... Glob.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

For those that are not a fan of training bra teenie jeanie's mindraping, there was a rumor going around that in addition to the Magik x-haven thing Jeanie tries to mind control Cyclops or something and releases that sliver of the Void which basically mindrapes her and that's why she had quit the Xmen and was in college. Man if that was really true I think I'd wet my pants laughing about it

I don't know what's worse, the Void no limit fallacy, or the idea that Extra-X-men considers the same very person who caused this to be "mutantkind's only hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: A haven inside Magik....man that sounds perverse.. yet very intriguing...hmmmmmm. *taps finger against bottom lip and rubs hand together while smiling sardonically*

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

See I was ok with the idea of alternates of beloved characters existing alongside the originals (All-new X-men and Uncanny Xmen Bendis run) becasue the originals was the flagship book.

But the flagship book having these alternates as main characters I cannot abide.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Third and second to last panels:

OML: Wanna sleep together?

Teen Jean: DON'T YOU ****ING DARE!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chapmar said:

See I was ok with the idea of alternates of beloved characters existing alongside the originals (All-new X-men and Uncanny Xmen Bendis run) becasue the originals was the flagship book.

But the flagship book having these alternates as main characters I cannot abide.

All New was the flagship actually.

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He said Glob is becoming a favorite of his.... How? How did that happen? Has Glob done anything recently? And I'm happy that Anole will be getting something in this story but like... What about Hellion, Surge, Dust, or Elixir (who is apparently alive again at the end of Uncanny X-Men 600)? I care way more about those guys than.... Glob.

Agreed totally 110%. And also I'm tired of everyone acting like Triage is the only healer that exists. Helloooo.. Elixir.... smh

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dropped. And in all fairness, I really wish the creative team well. I'm just not vibing with what they are trying to do. It's a problem when you see a preview, but don't get excited about the panels.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@jota23: Bobby was closeted. Logan likes women, but that doesn't mean he's heterosexual.

Try again.

Closeted men don't get pissed of when a woman trades them for another and hold a candle for her after that.

Also, bisexual men usually slide a man between the dozens of women they bed, like Logan never did.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jota23:

Oh, is that a fact? Are you the authority on what closeted men can or can't feel? Tell me more :)

We aren't privy to every moment of a character's life. It's entirely possible that Logan has slept with men.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really really REALLY hope this is more of a father-daughter relationship. I can dig that.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jota23 said:
    @sprior93 said:

Try again.

Closeted men don't get pissed of when a woman trades them for another and hold a candle for her after that.

Also, bisexual men usually slide a man between the dozens of women they bed, like Logan never did.

Yes they do. We are all capable of feeling rejection whether attracted to the person not.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just spotted Surge in Extraordinary. So we know she's still around too.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: @sprior93:in extra x-men 2 it was revealed that cyclops(marvel now) is dead, FACT!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also doubt that Cyclops is actually dead. Most likely this is going to be one of those times that we are told someone is dead only to later find out that they have been alive the whole time. Plus Marvel doesn't seem to let to many people actually die these days without advertising it first to try and make a little extra money off of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
    deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate reading these interviews. That's why I didn't do it. :P

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: BOBERINE!!!

@hawk2916 said:

@mcklayn: A haven inside Magik....man that sounds perverse.. yet very intriguing...hmmmmmm. *taps finger against bottom lip and rubs hand together while smiling sardonically*

Since it was put that way, i think i may want to visit this "haven"

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: No, the only fact is that Storm thinks Cyclops is dead.

Yeah I don't think Scott would be killed if they have plans for him. Maybe he rises like a former PF wielder or something, but I think he is still around.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@jota23:

Oh, is that a fact? Are you the authority on what closeted men can or can't feel? Tell me more :)

We aren't privy to every moment of a character's life. It's entirely possible that Logan has slept with men.

Well that's a great answer! It's possible something that was never even hinted has happened.

Sure, but we usualy only discuss things that were actually put to papper, because we want our discussions to make some sense.

Anyone can do what you did. Hell, I say their not even Iceman and OLM. OLM is a shaven monkey and Iceman is two kids standing in each others shoulders. It's possible!

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:
    @jota23 said:
    @sprior93 said:

Try again.

Yes they do. We are all capable of feeling rejection whether attracted to the person not.

Yeah, the fact that a guy holds a candle for a woman for years, like Bobby did with Lorna, is a definitive sign he's not attracted to her. Give me a break!

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jota23: Give it up bro. Its useless trying to reason with some of these social justice warriors who want to go along with the recent badly written fanfic that just ignored 50+ years of established continuity. You can't reason with unreasonable people no matter how many good points and evidence you bring up. They will just ignore it and try to derail your arguments by calling you a bigot. It's sad that people will just go along with anything nowadays because its "in". Save yourself the headache...trust me. Good logical points though!!

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to be clear: A bissexual man/woman can live his/her whole life without having sexual intercouses with another person of the same-sex.

It just bothers me that even with milions of real life examples of men with 50+ years that had wife kids coming out people still think this is harder to believe than Sci-fi.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to be clear: A bissexual man/woman can live his/her whole life without having sexual intercouses with another person of the same-sex.

It just bothers me that even with milions of real life examples of men with 50+ years that had wife kids coming out people still think this is harder to believe than Sci-fi.

Yeah, but, unlike Wolverine and Iceman, we weren't aware of the thoughts going on inside those men's heads.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@koays said:

*Walks in* ~reads comments~ *runs out*

Not to bring this back to mind for you but it mirrored my take perfectly. Especially the comments following.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.