Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

jean's tp power levels before she died

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

jean became really powerful before she died. i think she was already able to tap on the phoenix power. pyslocke's tp was laso added to her powers

was her tp stronger than professor x?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix:

I think it was with phoenix added power, i remember in new x-men when xavier was in jean's mind and he couldnt go deeper in her mind or all his thoughts would turn to ash and jean said something like "only the thoughts i dont want you to see"(thats why he couldnt look futher in her mind)

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@darthphoenix said:

jean became really powerful before she died. i think she was already able to tap on the phoenix power. pyslocke's tp was laso added to her powers

was her tp stronger than professor x?

Jean had already stopped holding back and was testing the limits of her powers after OZT.

As for her being able to tap the Phoenix, I see things differently. In Excalibur 52 the Phoenix said it removed all traces of it's power from her. Not until the end of Xmen Forever does Jean have a connection to the Phoenix Force outside of history and name. In New Xmen we see Jean continuing to test and expand the limits of her powers, and have a connection to the Phoenix. I do know that the Phoenix was present, I just don't think Jean was tapping it's power. She wasn't doing anything outside of her stated potential or anything of Phoenix level. We have seen what the Phoenix in the guise of Jean Grey can do, and Jean in New Xmen was not on that level. She said on a few occasions she was not letting the Phoenix get close.

The concept of Psylockes telepathy increasing Jeans, never made sense to me. Jean had unlimited potential, what could Psylocke add? I was under the impression (because Jean mentioned it) that she absorbed the specialized telepathy of Psylocke including her shadow form and the physical manifestation of telepathic energy. I just don't see Psylockes telepathy adding much in the way of actual power.

Xavier had always known she would one day surpass him, it seems before her end she was more powerful than he was.

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@darthphoenix:

I think it was with phoenix added power, i remember in new x-men when xavier was in jean's mind and he couldnt go deeper in her mind or all his thoughts would turn to ash and jean said something like "only the thoughts i dont want you to see"(thats why he couldnt look futher in her mind)

When he entered her mind he made mention that it was like being on the shores of an ocean of psychic light. Now one can guess that the Phoenix is the source of this light and the ocean must be crossed to get to it, but he is in Jeans minds on the shores. If the light is an ocean then that means the light is beyond the shores of her mind, this is another reason why I don't believe the she was tapping the Phoenix directly for power. She was keeping it away, so that it couldn't get close enough to replace her. But Xavier spoke to the Phoenix, right?Jean had to allow this communication, because as I said she was keeping her distance. Just across the ocean in her mind is the source, no big deal with letting it's voice come through if you claim you are in control of the entire situation, the way Jean claimed. It is the power of the Phoenix that proves to be dangerous, and that is what Jean was keeping her distance from, or be replaced like she was before. The power of the Phoenix is wild and and consumes, she knows this, and that is why I don't think she was tapping the Phoenix, but still exploring the boundaries of her own powers like she said she was doing. Jean even with a little Phoenix would have been able to fly herself and Logan back to Earth or turn the entire asteroid around. Even an echo of the Phoenix allows you to travel unaided in space. Jean had more access to that power directly if she wanted to tap any of it, considering what she did when she did tap it after dying on the asteroid.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Well before she died it space she had some phoenix flare-ups. Although after she dead it space i guess she became more like phoenix but it doesnt make sense if jean was the phoenix then how did xorn-magneto kill her???

No Caption Provided

plus i think the phoenix was changing jean's perspective of things, weird.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Well before she died it space she had some phoenix flare-ups. Although after she dead it space i guess she became more like phoenix but it doesnt make sense if jean was the phoenix then how did xorn-magneto kill her???

No Caption Provided

plus i think the phoenix was changing jean's perspective of things, weird.

Jean starting using the Phoenix raptor in Alaska while Scott was recovering from heart surgery. Logan was not around to see her light up the skies like that years before (our time) he is saying it to her now.

No Caption Provided

This is from the issue when Jean tells Scott that she will no longer be holding her powers back because he and others fear her when she uses more power than they are use to see her use. She uses the firebird and flames from this moment onward on numerous occasions.

After being killed by Wolverine in space the Phoenix consciousness was released, the one Jean was keeping back. She then tells him she doesn't know how long it will let her stay, turns out only long enough to get Wolverine back to Earth and be killed later. All part of a coordinated disinfection. She needed to die because she neglected her Phoenix work, which was taking care of Sublime, she was shown what the future would be like because she didn't let the Phoenix get close. She needed to save Wolverine so that his future self could help in her realizing what she needed to be done in HCT.

Jean said he senses were expanding (or something of that nature), and that was due to her telekinetic sensitivity. It was like having a new sense that felt everything around her all at once on at least the molecular level. Having a change in perspective is bound to happen.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By XsPectre28

lol all the hate on jean, noone wants to admit that jean was always meant to be a powerful mutant. to continue to say her telepathy was weak. look at what she did when her powers first mainfested.... she manifested telepathy first when her friend died. xavier surpressed her telepathy because it was already powerful, he slowly pulled it back out of her gradully so it wouldnt overcome her the way Adult teen jean's did (HELLO she unlocked her own telepathic powers when beast said she was a telepath) & has exibited telepathic control that 616 jean wasnt capible of at that age or for years, teen jeans telepathy is not tainted in the slightest by pyslockes so i agree with @lordofallhumans when he said that psylockes telepathy meant little to jean's own power.) also young jean hasnt tapped into the Phoenix force & she is still a powerful telepath & telekenitic without it. i will whoever attribute alot of teen jean's control to the fact that she now knows much about 616 adult jean's past which makes her ore confident in her own powers because through the minds of the x-men she has seen what their jean was capible of.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol all the hate on jean, noone wants to admit that jean was always meant to be a powerful mutant. to continue to say her telepathy was weak. look at what she did when her powers first mainfested.... she manifested telepathy first when her friend died. xavier surpressed her telepathy because it was already powerful, he slowly pulled it back out of her gradully so it wouldnt overcome her the way Adult teen jean's did (HELLO she unlocked her own telepathic powers when beast said she was a telepath) & has exibited telepathic control that 616 jean wasnt capible of at that age or for years, teen jeans telepathy is not tainted in the slightest by pyslockes so i agree with @lordofallhumans when he said that psylockes telepathy meant little to jean's own power.) also young jean hasnt tapped into the Phoenix force & she is still a powerful telepath & telekenitic without it. i will whoever attribute alot of teen jean's control to the fact that she now knows much about 616 adult jean's past which makes her ore confident in her own powers because through the minds of the x-men she has seen what their jean was capible of.

This all of this is correct but now im worried about the up coming "trial of jean grey" because what if she taps into the phoenix force that can be a big problem for everyone(aliens,x-men, GotG, etc)

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By XsPectre28

@xspectre28 said:

This all of this is correct but now im worried about the up coming "trial of jean grey" because what if she taps into the phoenix force that can be a big problem for everyone(aliens,x-men, GotG, etc)

i honestly dont believe so cause teen jean know's what happened to adult jean & as well what its what PHOENIX did not jean. the phoenix that destroyed those planets & galaxies was the phoenix in jean's form not jean herself.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lykopis

@xspectre28 said:

i honestly dont believe so cause teen jean know's what happened to adult jean & as well what its what PHOENIX did not jean. the phoenix that destroyed those planets & galaxies was the phoenix in jean's form not jean herself.

Quentin harnesses the Phoenix Force in the time frame Jean Grey is from. Besides, I don't know what the heck the Phoenix Force is/was can/will do. AvX just about screwed all that up, abominably.

MisterAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@lykopis: I don't hate Jean Grey, really. However, she was a ginger, and I've never known a ginger to be as reserved and un-f'ed up as she apparently was. All swagger and green mini-skirts, Bette Davis eyes and world-ending telekinesis. Whatever happened to her sister, Sara? (Sarah?)

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misteranderson:

All fire down below, sir. All fire down below.

Didn't her entire family get killed? O-0

MisterAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: I remember parents' house burned down in Uncanny X-Men # 215, but I thought no bodies. It wouldn't surprise me, though. I've been rereading Claremont issues at @theaudraway's insistence, and even infected with Brood eggs, the X-Men talk about the sanctity of life and being better than their enemies. Those days are long gone.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misteranderson:

Those days are very long gone and woohoo @theaudraway for getting you to re-read Claremont (at least from back then). I probably should too.

Last I heard of the Grey family, they were having a get together and Rachel was there (I think) but the Sh'iar were out to destroy all potential pieces of Phoenix hosts so bye-bye Grey family. Pretty nasty in my opinion, way over the top. And it's Marvel so maybe Sara's kids survived or something? I just remember how one girl around Rachel's age was so nice and then WHAMMO -- sizzle, sizzle. People seem to forget just how awful poor Rachel had it. Which doesn't help explain why there is not more interaction between her and teenage Jean.

Oh well. Now you've just added to my re-reading list. Hope you're proud of yourself.

MisterAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: If I have moved you in any way, I feel pretty studly. I'm reading John Green's Looking for Alaska right now. It's one of those Young Adult novels like The Perks of Being a Wallflower that full-blown adults can enjoy, too.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@xspectre28 said:

@xspectre28 said:

Quentin harnesses the Phoenix Force in the time frame Jean Grey is from. Besides, I don't know what the heck the Phoenix Force is/was can/will do. AvX just about screwed all that up, abominably.

Yes i hate avx because they changed the story of the phoenix from the x-men. Avengers shouldnt have gotten invauld because they had no pryor experience with the phoenix

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheAudraWay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Yeah, woo-hoo me! WOO-HOO! lol I just posted on my X-list how misterpoopiepants is anti-Marvel, but now I see he DOES like to have fun. Also, Claremont is writing the new Nightcrawler series! How cool is that??

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theaudraway:

I can't even...I mean, to have Claremont get his hands on the X-Men again with Nightcrawler at the helm (pun intended)>

Me see sparkles! And little BAMFs too. :P

MisterAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Atticus, my soon-to-be step-son, calls himself Captain Sparkles. I don't know why.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misteranderson:

Awesome nickname but could it be Minecraft related? Plus, with a name like Atticus, your soon-to-be-stepson is going places. That's a mighty powerful name.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.