Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Jean Grey & Rachel Grey tie in AvX

sepharza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sepharza

AvX spoilers *

I don't understand why Hope Summers was the phoenix and chosen as its 'host'.

I thought Jean Grey was the Phoenix, always will be forever living? What happened to her?

Ok, now since they had to choose a new 'host' because Jean Grey no longer was the 'host' whatever the reason may be, why wasn't Rachel Grey tied into all of this? She's an omega-level mutant, daughter of the phoenix AND her powers itself have the phoenix signature mark PLUS she was the phoenix, wasn't she?

Searching for answers :-( Any of you got any?

Thanks! :D

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

There is none. AvX isn't consistent with the continuity.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

^

Adding to that, AvX isn't even canon.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By XsPectre28

please dont go there...... marvel has once again f*cked up royally & the think that we are suppose to just except it

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

Because they created another red-headed, female character with a traumatic, time-travelling story very similar to Rachel's but expressly for the purpose of being redundant precisely for this "event", and wanted to ignore any prior continuity to use this redundant character.

Hope's middle name is 'Redundant' and her nickname is 'Irrelevant'. It seems to me that they overall creative staff doesn't know what to do with Rachel, either. They want to use her for Summers/Grey-themed stories, but sometimes she is written as a rookie, other times her traumatic back story is glossed over and still other times written as if she never touched the Phoenix Force.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By fodigg

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Because they created another red-headed, female character with a traumatic, time-travelling story very similar to Rachel's but expressly for the purpose of being redundant precisely for this "event", and wanted to ignore any prior continuity to use this redundant character.

Hope's middle name is 'Redundant' and her nickname is 'Irrelevant'. It seems to me that they overall creative staff doesn't know what to do with Rachel, either. They want to use her for Summers/Grey-themed stories, but sometimes she is written as a rookie, other times her traumatic back story is glossed over and still other times written as if she never touched the Phoenix Force.

Exactly. Hope is a knockoff of a knockoff.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7  Edited By x_29

We still talking about this?

sepharza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sepharza

@x_29: was there a previous thread? I've been looking but i guess not good enough. Care to link me? :)

sepharza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sepharza

@AgeofHurricane: You're kidding? It ties in after House of M. I don't know which X-Men comics i should follow anymore..,

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@sepharza said:

AvX spoilers *

I don't understand why Hope Summers was the phoenix and chosen as its 'host'.

I thought Jean Grey was the Phoenix, always will be forever living? What happened to her?

Ok, now since they had to choose a new 'host' because Jean Grey no longer was the 'host' whatever the reason may be, why wasn't Rachel Grey tied into all of this? She's an omega-level mutant, daughter of the phoenix AND her powers itself have the phoenix signature mark PLUS she was the phoenix, wasn't she?

Searching for answers :-( Any of you got any?

Thanks! :D

I agree that Rachel should not have been ignored, as a host for the Phoenix, but I can see why it needed a host and Jean was not brought back. Jean evolved to a higher plane, she is not a host and never was, she is an avatar (very different). The level of power Jean reached as Phoenix in her final evolution would be like Eternity or LT sending their M-bodies to handle a situation that in the cosmic scheme of things is beneath their notice as far as getting directly involved, so she sent pieces of herself to deal with it, because that is how cosmics operate especially when the fate of all existence is not at stake, she intervened in HTC because Sublime not only halted evolution, he gained Phoenix power from her blood and threatened to remake all creation in his image which would have stopped evolution as a whole, thus the universe was at stack due to Scott leaving,

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By poisonfleur

@fodigg said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Exactly. Hope is a knockoff of a knockoff.

Knock off of a Knock off of a knock off to be exact. lol

Jean - Madelyne - Rachel - Hope..

Hope's character is a FAIL

I never want to see her in an X-men book again.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By darthphoenix

I agree that jean was never a host, she was an avatar. reason why her powers and being evolved into the phoenix. i think it is the same case with rachel. i dont think that hope will evolve into something as powerful as what as jean has become

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.