Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

IvX Confirmed

• 55 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Not really, but here's an interesting dialogue between Beast and Medusa.

No Caption Provided

Apparently there was some sort of confrontation/skirmish/battle between the Inhumans and Mutants, possibly instigated by Cyclops. Already the mutants are being made to look irrational, misguided and aggressive, while the Inhumans come off as calm and amicable.

Also, "Summers wasn'tmy friend..." -- RIP Cyclops?

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A war between the X-men and the Inhumans would be interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan: It really wouldn't. Unless you're fan of paper thin plots and 'kewl' fights.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

This really doesn't confirm IvX, though.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kcomicfan

@sprior93 said:

@kcomicfan: It really wouldn't. Unless you're fan of paper thin plots and 'kewl' fights.

You can't possibly know the plot to the war will be "Paper thin" because. 1: it has not happened yet and 2: the reason for the tenseness between the x-men and the Inhumans has not been explained yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kcomicfan

@sprior93 said:

@kcomicfan: spare me

There is no way of knowing how the story will play out. And thinking the story is going to be "paper thin without any logic or reason is quite ignorant.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wake me when an X-Men book comes out...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: You'll be sleeping a while then.

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CobraCommander

Wait, wait, wait so Scott Cyclops Summers instigated a war with the Inhumans because he felt they were trying to steal his planet?Like William Stryker, Bastion, and Graydon Creed?

Welp I guess that was the last shovel of dirt on his character. Beast being a prima donna as per usual.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan: you do know the war will be paper thin though. Please explain what giant difference there will be betwixt XvX(aka schism), AvX(since 2012), and now IvX

Christ, can't we get ONE YEAR where the x-writers at least have a chance to do some character development. What happened to the days where we had entire arcs just around home life at the mansion?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@koays: me too lol beast has been such a traitor the last few years he might as well be inhuman

silvanoshei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By silvanoshei

You guys do understand the Inhumans will win and Marvel can add these inhumans to the MCU without Fox claiming the word "mutant" and X-men mutants all died out and Fox can't make more movies (they could, but X-men is over).

RIP Mutants, its been a good ride.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kcomicfan

@dman1366 said:

@kcomicfan: you do know the war will be paper thin though. Please explain what giant difference there will be betwixt XvX(aka schism), AvX(since 2012), and now IvX

Christ, can't we get ONE YEAR where the x-writers at least have a chance to do some character development. What happened to the days where we had entire arcs just around home life at the mansion?

It all really depends on who is writing the book, and Mavel's plan for the two teams after the fighting stops.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm starting to hate Beast. He can't even call him Scott? And I agree IvX would be a horrible idea just like civil war and AvX was

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what it looks like if there is a war the x-men would be the bad guys. That's something new

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what it looks like if there is a war the x-men would be the bad guys. That's something new

didnt read AvX eh? I mean i was on team X men but they were written as the villains for sure

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@kcomicfan: There actually is reason for at least a small war. It being the release of the terrigan mists that are killing the mutants and forcing them off planet. i'm sure something fuller could be built from that easily.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
    @nipower888 said:

didnt read AvX eh? I mean i was on team X men but they were written as the villains for sure

Lol yea because they started winning...

Independent Island Nation gets invaded by the Avengers, no problem...the Independent Nation's leadership captures and pursues there attackers. OH NO LOOK AT HOW THEY'RE MISTREATING THE AVENGERS!! smh...screw Captain America.

But yea, I'm not against a War...It just needs to be more then 9 months of build up for 6 issue crossover that doesn't tell a story worthy of the wait. I'd prefer 6 months of guerilla warfare and back and forth wins and losses in all out tactical show downs....but knowing Marvel they'll end up teaming up against some Mutant/Inhuman hybrid that is super powerful and evil....then they'll never talk about dying mutants again.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: im not AGAINST the war in theory, the idea of it does make me a bit annoyed though, just based off recent track history i think we are looking at a poorly executed hero vs hero plot that is basically an attempt at using the X-men to springboard the Inhumans into the lime light.

if it happens i hope im wrong, and if it happens honestly they already have a better reason then AvX. The whole Mist thing makes more sense to fight over, the premise of AvX was silly. cap rolls up and makes demands of people he should of be asking for help, Iron man makes a device that splits the force then the X men get blamed for it, i mean it was a bunch of bull really. The whole mist things seems more of a reason for two fractions to go to war, especially (and im not sure about this but ..) if Blackbolt was the reason the mist was released and has had no sort of punishment for it, or any other type of negative side affect (besides the torch making out with his wife)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This whole idea just needs to be scrapped. Its a ridiculous retread of the tiresome heroes vs heroes plot and really its too soon to rehash the mutants on the verge of extinction thing. And I hate to be that guy but this whole thing just disregards continuity on a large scale. The Inhumans could have an interesting story on their own without involving the xmen. Its just lazy to try and boost them this way instead of trying to build something interesting

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

This whole idea just needs to be scrapped. Its a ridiculous retread of the tiresome heroes vs heroes plot and really its too soon to rehash the mutants on the verge of extinction thing. And I hate to be that guy but this whole thing just disregards continuity on a large scale. The Inhumans could have an interesting story on their own without involving the xmen. Its just lazy to try and boost them this way instead of trying to build something interesting

They've turned the X-Men into the offcial Marvel booster pack..

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gotta love Beast eh? stands shoulder to shoulder with a guy for years without calling him out on anything hes done, instead of leading his people he just jumps from team to team looking for something that works while simultaneously talking trash about Cyclops to anyone who will listen. cant wait til the 05 go back and douchey Beast is gone

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do what you will, Marvel. But if my favourite characters are pointlessly killed off by the Inhumans, there will be hell to pay.

Honestly, I'm done with this idea before it's even begun. I don't wanna read a book with characters that don't interest me - whether said characters are fighting beside or against the X-Men. I find a lot of the Inhumans too shallow for my personal taste. Therefore, I don't care for them. But if they're fighting my babies, I'll have to put up with them. I'm not really in the mood for that.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I still literally don't care at all about the inhumans even slightly

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gotta love Beast eh? stands shoulder to shoulder with a guy for years without calling him out on anything hes done, instead of leading his people he just jumps from team to team looking for something that works while simultaneously talking trash about Cyclops to anyone who will listen. cant wait til the 05 go back and douchey Beast is gone

Yeah, he's really pathetic now.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: Yea he used to be one of my absolute favorites but they made him more Avenger then X-man, and hes totally separated himself from the group for that matter

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CobraCommander

Still can't get over that "his friends" line.

Hank what did they do to you?

silvanoshei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought Beast was a very friendly fellow.... and always saw the good in things (even when bummed about his appearance).

No seriously, Hank, what did they to do you?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers vs. X-MEN all over again. Mutants should just move to Mars, it's fully terraformed.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silvanoshei: @cobracommander: @kid_apollo: At this point........Hank is just a complaining 5 year old with a temper tantrum over his spilled milk. "Summers was not my friend. Not for a long time" BS!! Hank Stop It.

Theory 1: ALL Mutants will die the Inhumans will rein supreme......for a while. Next people will catch wind about what happend then Fox will have no choice, but to give them up then Marvel is excited then they will find an excuse to revive the Mutants *cough* Phoenix Force *cough* *cough* mutants revived then Marvel push back Inhumans movie to make way for the X-Men.

Theory 2: ALL Mutants turned into or was actually Inhumans the WHOLE time, but didn't know it.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silvanoshei: @cobracommander: @kid_apollo: At this point........Hank is just a complaining 5 year old with a temper tantrum over his spilled milk. "Summers was not my friend. Not for a long time" BS!! Hank Stop It.

Theory 1: ALL Mutants will die the Inhumans will rein supreme......for a while. Next people will catch wind about what happend then Fox will have no choice, but to give them up then Marvel is excited then they will find an excuse to revive the Mutants *cough* Phoenix Force *cough* *cough* mutants revived then Marvel push back Inhumans movie to make way for the X-Men.

Theory 2: ALL Mutants turned into or was actually Inhumans the WHOLE time, but didn't know it.

not really possible right? cause the mist is hurting mutants, and not inhumans so uh, yea that one kind of will not work.

Also my question is how are people like Sunspot, and Quicksilver, and Beast still on earth without being affected by the mist, but Rogue is blistered up and looking like deadpool

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
    @stormphoenix said:

not really possible right? cause the mist is hurting mutants, and not inhumans so uh, yea that one kind of will not work.

Also my question is how are people like Sunspot, and Quicksilver, and Beast still on earth without being affected by the mist, but Rogue is blistered up and looking like deadpool

Oh yea :-( your right I forgot about that.

You bring up a GREAT point how are they able to unaffected. Well we know that Quicksilver is NOW a Inhuman I heard so MAYBE? Beast and Sunspot end up becoming an Inhuman? I don't know.

Good question though

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@stormphoenix: Actually, Quicksilver is not an Inhuman. He was experimented as a baby by the High Evolutionary and made to look like a mutant.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mutants moving off planet seems like a better choice than what we seem to be getting. Hopefully we get a book about it including some of those missing like Cyclops. Emma. Rachel. Cable. Havok. Gambit etc

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: in the first issue of Inhumans beast proclaimed himself as Mutant, but yet doesnt seem to be affected by the mist when hes sitting in the inhuman capitol, and i totally forgot the All New X men, Cyclops, Iceman, Beast, Angel (teen versions) Genesis, Oya, and X 23 having a road trip across the US?! I mean really? So yea i hope ti at least addresses how they are avoiding the mist or it totally discredits the larger T Mist story

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast is in my top 3 X-men.

Why do they want me to hate him?

Beata

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast is in my top 3 X-men.

Why do they want me to hate him?

Beata

yup he was one of my favs for a long time, I just recently reread the Supernova story and he is a small background character at best but still every frame with him makes me smile, so its sad to see him go from that to a person who makes me groan at every line he says

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Butthurt Beast.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like Beast anymore.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel is simply trying to replace Mutants with Inhumans due to their predicament in the movie rights department.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120: Dumb because no-one knows or cares about the supreme royalty of the ironfisted inhumans.

Watch as they tear apart the human and mutant races!

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know why Beast appears to be on the inhumans' side?

All I got from the conversation is:
    Beast: Cyclops is dead to me.
    Medusa: If inhumans and mutants fight each other again, we may lose and all will be for naught!
    Beast: Scott can't win or be right because he sucks.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Medusa: If inhumans and mutants fight each other again, we may lose and all will be for naught!

I dont think TECH hes taking sides, as much as trying to find a cure to the problem and stop a war from breaking out, my biggest question is why isnt he affected? And if he knows why, isnt that what he should be doing for all the other mutants?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
    @takeshi55 said:

I dont think TECH hes taking sides, as much as trying to find a cure to the problem and stop a war from breaking out, my biggest question is why isnt he affected? And if he knows why, isnt that what he should be doing for all the other mutants?

Maybe it's because the experiment that turned him into a beast is making him immune and it's not something they want. Maybe he does know and that's what Rogue was taking to stave off the effects but it only works so much. Maybe he doesn't know and that's part of what he's trying to figure out.

I do know this people just have a hate on for the guy and will see everything he does as bad. It's pretty obvious the reason he's there is to find a cure and prevent war.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh God. Please don't make excuses for the guy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.