Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

IvX #0.........

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Let's discuss this beautifully drawn.... I dunno whatever it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

- Someone needs to tell Emma that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. She has the demeanor of a rebellious sixteen year old girl.

- It's cute that Emma thinks her diamond form can protect her from Black Bolt's voice.

- How did Emma have a photo of her telepathic projection? Even if that was possible, who took the photo? So silly.

- Does Emma have a British accent? Any American who willingly affects a British accent is the lowest form of scum. Why does anyone take this lady seriously?

- Emma is definitely going to die in this series.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And yes, it was refreshing to have serviceable art in an X-Men comic again. If only the writing could compare...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The scene with Magneto was ridiculous, it's like those two never even picked a comic with him before...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Who do you think Emma was talking to at the Hellfire Club? Sage? Selene? Lady Mastermind?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93:

Let's try to deduce acknowledging all recent (and not) HFC developments. She was wearing white. She can't be Monet, because she was also white herself. I don't thing it's Briar since Bunn isn't writing. Sage is less about white and more black. So it leaves only Mystique I think? Selene and Maddie are also a possibility, but then they are too not really into white all that much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: It could also be Emma talking to a projection of her White Queen persona. We know she's gone off the rails.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: fingers crossed for Madelyn Pryor (616). its astounding that she didn't show up yet, but her with the HFC makes sense

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93:

yeah, like talking to her past and manipulative self symbolizing her return and embracing it again.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm just waiting when Storm destroy New Attilan when "Queen" Medusa triggers her. That will be life.

BTW Storm is QUEEN *FACT*

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Batvibe12

@sprior93 said:

@adamtrmm: Who do you think Emma was talking to at the Hellfire Club? Sage? Selene? Lady Mastermind?

Maybe it is...Charles Xavier's long lost daughter....JK!

But being serious, I believe it is Jean Grey return from the dead or real Earth 616, Jean Grey. OR Selene (I think Selene dies so. Maybe she return from the dead).

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batvibe12: Madelyn Pryor was Revived so could be her, or Selene. Last we heard they ran off together to reform a sisterhood or something. Black bolt defeated by all of cyclops Ex's that would be the best.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Too busy didnt read....

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its mads. What do you think will emma make young jean do?

JCG79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just check the upcoming X-Men solicits mentioning Jean. Probably that.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I now think that emma's mystery friend is iceman. Hahaha

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah they're gonna make Emma do something insane.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely more mutant centered story. While the Inhumans know it's coming their reliance on BB to save them is pathetic. Emma and Magneto are the hammer and anvil that will smash Attilan.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By adamTRMM

I'm preparing myself to see mutants job hard and BB wank. Seems "natural".

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shit

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Lol Too busy didnt read....

Same... except I wasn't that busy.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: lol honestly im like a month and a half behind on x-books. Havent bought one in 6 months and havent procured one through alt means since the first issue of death of x. On the brightside my blood pressure is down and my therapist says she likes my new demeanor.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Invain

@koays: It has been about the same amount of time since I read. The newest X-Men issue I read was Death of X #1.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the artwork. The cover, as expected, is misleading. Emma once again proves why she generally earns the "I'm With Her" comment from me. Medusa comes across as extremely sinister in this book and it really does seem like it's really Medusa vs. Emma (Queen vs Queen, I guess) acting on behalf of their partners in this conflict. It's annoying to see Magik relegated to the role of secretary and, though I'm certainly no Raindrop, it is equally annoying seeing such a passive Storm, though I can certainly see an argument that this is not the type of conflict she is best equipped to handle character-wise (at least how she has been written for the past few years).

That said, there is no way Emma's diamond form can survive Black Bolt's voice, based on what we've seen it do, and I thought Magneto's characterization of the InHumans as "incredibly powerful" was weird - their disadvantage is that numbers-wise, there are actually far fewer InHumans with any noticeably high power/threat level compared to the mutants we know of. If this was Fatal Attractions Magneto, we'd already be reading the Epilogue. Not saying he can take out Black Bolt, but he could certainly make the InHumans go extinct.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: You are right about the fact that Magneto said the Inhumans are incredibly powerful. If you think about it, the Inhumans are not properly trained like the X-Men. And then, Emma Frost calling in Legion.

Legion vs. Inhumans = Attilan going back in space or death; it depends on the writing.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@sprior93: >Even if that was possible, who took the photo?

Peter Parker.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: Why not? She tanked a hit from a Celestial, which only resulted in her losing an arm.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By poisonfleur

@sprior93 said:

- Someone needs to tell Emma that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. She has the demeanor of a rebellious sixteen year old girl.

- It's cute that Emma thinks her diamond form can protect her from Black Bolt's voice.

- How did Emma have a photo of her telepathic projection? Even if that was possible, who took the photo? So silly.

- Does Emma have a British accent? Any American who willingly affects a British accent is the lowest form of scum. Why does anyone take this lady seriously?

HAHAAHHAA! I was wondering that too!^^^

I did like that panel with Magneto and the knife and Emma's diamond form.

No Caption Provided
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

A possible explanation is that the latent telekinetic abilities she has been hinted at having are becoming nascent and hence, she simultaneously telekinetically arranged photons to create a hologram at the same time she was projecting a telepathic image into the mind of onlookers to fully convince them. Another explanation is that she has always been good at funding the research and development of tech that took her psionic energy and gave it physical manifestation - she escaped her first fight with Phoenix by telepathically triggering a device to cause an explosion.

Unfortunately, I just assumed the writers did not think through an explanation and simply glossed over this.

JCG79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She had a fake video made for some reason. There.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jcg79 said:

She had a fake video made for some reason. There.

That works, too.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

A possible explanation is that the latent telekinetic abilities she has been hinted at having are becoming nascent and hence, she simultaneously telekinetically arranged photons to create a hologram at the same time she was projecting a telepathic image into the mind of onlookers to fully convince them. Another explanation is that she has always been good at funding the research and development of tech that took her psionic energy and gave it physical manifestation - she escaped her first fight with Phoenix by telepathically triggering a device to cause an explosion.

Unfortunately, I just assumed the writers did not think through an explanation and simply glossed over this.

Maybe she just made physical illusions? Like Mastermind.

I wouldn't like Emma become a TK as well, not every telepath has to have TK, too generic.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

I wouldn't like Emma become a TK as well, not every telepath has to have TK, too generic.

I don't really mind it but I think of psychic/psionic powers as similar to the enhanced physical stat powerset - most people with super strength also get enhanced durability, enhanced reflexes, enhanced endurance, etc. so I generally think of empathic manipulation, illusion casting, astral projection, TP, and TK of being in the same bundle but I see your point especially based on how psychic/psionic powers have been presented among mutants, with only the highest level ones such as Jean having a large range of those abilities.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides:

That's the problem with this tricky term, "psionic". Anything can be explained away by being it, does psionic control over moisture is actually some level of TK, really structured and specified, maybe even limited (by imagination or mental restrictions?), yet TK? I mean, it's way too on the noose imo. I want to think of TP and TK as something that clearly can be tied and maybe even come from the same source, but not as something fundamentally interrelated, if that makes sense lol In our example, Emma's powers the way they are is what sets her apart and makes her unique. No TK, but TP that is actually restricted by a diamond form. Can she become an immensely and ridiculously powerful telepath that can do some nigh-impossible projection? I'm all for it though. As long as it stays being TP ;)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@koays: LMFAO!! I'm right there with you bro. Proud to say I've been speaking with my wallet and not supporting this crap that we keep getting. I get enough from the message boards and outrage of friends to know this is not something I should be spending hard earned money on. I'm generally happier and didn't realize I made that much money. Also I'm enjoying rereading the old stuff these days. Just made it to the start of the Phoenix Saga

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: lol yea. I started missing issues and it was just like "Maybe i dont NEED to read the end of Civil War since nobody is talking about it" or "This death of X run is really gonna suck...maybe ill read it later" and rinse and repeat till I stopped reading and stopped caring that I stopped reading. I dont even have my laptop to reread things without digging for books so its like..."yea...X-Men...that was fun while it lasted."

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@koays: Exactly. I used to buy just to support and then sell back on amazon, eBay or a book store. But now it's like f@#* that. I don't even miss it and I reread the old stuff and even some fanfic. I really hope this s*#t crashes and burns. Like I said before time to destroy and rebuild. I want the X-men away from Marvel period. Lol

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never paid for it and never intended to. It was leaked though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.