Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Is Uncanny Avengers worth reading?

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73a0365070
    deactivated-57e73a0365070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@reuisu: I had problems with some of the characterizations, namely, Rogue. Also, Havok's speech in issue #5 was problematic; it was basically a rejection of minority identity.

I don't know, I enjoyed the arc with the Apocalypse twins. If you like the characters on the team and just want something easy to read, then I say go for it.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If you skip the first arc its pretty good. But stop when Axis comes up.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Its pretty good I enjoyed it.

The only reason @sprior93 refers to it as "easy to read" is because all the kids like to complain about Rick Remender using to much of a high vocabulary for them. lol

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

No

what he said, i honestly disliked this series. I owned every issue too so its not like Im speaking on something i didnt read, the whole twin story line reads more like a fanfic imo and all the characters act silly (at least the X men ones i dont know much about wonderman and such so) if you are bored pick up some old X title and avoid this one imo

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Koays  Online

Which volume and writer?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Which volume and writer?

The first one. Starting at Marvel NOW!

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Which volume and writer?

damn good question, lol but that is the one everyone was talking about so same answers lol

(the current one has been even worst <.< )

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: I simply meant that it's a fast read because of the relatively self contained story and heavy action.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: I just assumed you were referring to it as "easy" because your vocabulary seems to be a couple steps above Rick's. lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Koays  Online

@reuisu: You can read it. Its OK right up until it starts Axis with the high point being the lead in to Planet X. Its solid as a standalone but nothing ground breaking if you don't care about the characters. Don't read anything relating to Axis...its actual bad writing and thats not just a critique of the story choices. Its just crappy dialogue and story telling.

@mcklayn I disagree about the current one. Its not bad...in fact it hasn't really done ANYTHING yet in its 2 issues..maybe its just the fact that I'm getting my Rogue fix and my Rogue/Cable fix (seriously love it when these to are written together) but it'll take at least issue 5. Now the 2nd volume was actually terrible. I'd read Axis before I'd try to figure out who thought that was a good story to print.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: It's tragic because Uncanny Avengers vol. 2 had an awesome roster and artist(I love Acuna). It's just that the sole purpose of the book was to retcon the twins. I remember enjoying a few pages at a time, then I'd remember why the comic was being made and proceed to throw it at my wall.

I really liked Sabretooth, though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: Oh, I don't know about that lol. He's definitely got me beat when it comes to insults. What was it he said to the people harassing him on Twitter? "Go drown yourselves in hobo piss", or something like that.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Koays  Online

@sprior93: see I got through the first issue and was just bored, by the time i picked it up again Rogue was chained up, Vision knocked some a.i. up and had a laboratory full of robo babies. And apparently SW and QS had a homocidal little sister with a weird hair color....who wasn't Polaris. I just couldn't take it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Yes, it was crazy. I usually enjoy crazy, but not when it's mandated by editorial.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@reuisu: You can read it. Its OK right up until it starts Axis with the high point being the lead in to Planet X. Its solid as a standalone but nothing ground breaking if you don't care about the characters. Don't read anything relating to Axis...its actual bad writing and thats not just a critique of the story choices. Its just crappy dialogue and story telling.

@mcklayn I disagree about the current one. Its not bad...in fact it hasn't really done ANYTHING yet in its 2 issues..maybe its just the fact that I'm getting my Rogue fix and my Rogue/Cable fix (seriously love it when these to are written together) but it'll take at least issue 5. Now the 2nd volume was actually terrible. I'd read Axis before I'd try to figure out who thought that was a good story to print.

I just havent been able to enjoy V3 at all, the first one was a bunch of little kids fussing with each other. Spidey is mad so he quits, this person hates that person that person hates another, and really nothing happens,. It was a like a comic book version of Jerry Springer. The second one actually improved ALOT but it was pretty basic until the end and then CABLE! and i love cable, but dude he had a freaking talking tattoo <.< COME ON WTF, Rogue has been annoying and Cable has a talking tattoo. I havent given up on it yet, those two names along and the possibility of Gambit coming along keeps me interested enough to read the next issue but so far it hasnt been great at all

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
    deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was kind of meh for me. Didn't think it was terrible, but didn't enjoy it either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the first six issues

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:

The only reason @sprior93 refers to it as "easy to read" is because all the kids like to complain about Rick Remender using to much of a high vocabulary for them. lol

Yeah? And I thought it were adults who see right through his bland characterization, forced situations and predictable outcomes.

But vocabulary seems more legit...

En masse, UA was a disappointment that failed on all levels and left some major unresolved plots yet concentrated on establishing Wanda and Pietro as NOT Magneto's children as the result.

Some moments were good, but the messups are allover the place.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:
    @invain said:

Yeah? And I thought it were adults who see right through his bland characterization, forced situations and predictable outcomes.

But vocabulary seems more legit...

En masse, UA was a disappointment that failed on all levels and left some major unresolved plots yet concentrated on establishing Wanda and Pietro as NOT Magneto's children as the result.

Some moments were good, but the messups are allover the place.

You just caught a joke I threw at Sprior and took it way to seriously.

Anyway like it, don't like, your entitled to your opinion.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@sprior93: see I got through the first issue and was just bored, by the time i picked it up again Rogue was chained up, Vision knocked some a.i. up and had a laboratory full of robo babies. And apparently SW and QS had a homocidal little sister with a weird hair color....who wasn't Polaris. I just couldn't take it.

I call this the Storyline That Made Wanda and Pietro Boring. The crazy little sister also annoyed me - Wanda and Pietro have powers that are very uncommon in the MU, and seeling a "faster" and "better" version just was kind of lame.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By adamTRMM

@invain said:

You just caught a joke I threw at Sprior and took it way to seriously.

Anyway like it, don't like, your entitled to your opinion.

Dam this was too unsubtle :( After a quick read I saw what just wasn't there since I was looking for a heated discussion I wanted to respond assertively, so, sorry for bothering.

Ah, the life on the boards is so complex at times... lol

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

No.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: Lol. But you told me not to read it. I thanked the people who said yes.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reuisu said:

@mcklayn: Lol. But you told me not to read it. I thanked the people who said yes.

ahh true, i was still right :D lol

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you liked Remender previously works. Yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.