Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Is Rogue an X-men anymore?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

So... Rogue isn't in Brian Woods' X-men anymore. Which is okay, because Monet is BOSS! But is she a full time Avenger now?I haven't seen her in any recent X-titles. Am I missing something? What's going on with her now?

X-men?
    Avenger?
    Temporary away from the X-men?
    Avenger for the moment?
    Both?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

She's dead. In Uncanny Avengers she was killed. i think its #14

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

She's only dead in Uncanny Avengers for the story. It's going to lead into some alt reality that will be reversed at the end of the story.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I hope you are right, as of right now she's not in any other books besides that one in which she died. So yea... she's dead

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Dead ATM

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Why can't Wood just ignore w.e it is that Remender's doing and keep Rogue on Adjectiveless? So annoying. She seemed to be having so much fun with the Outback gurlz and she's gone for, well, good cause his crappy narrative warranted her demise in the worst way possible.

Ugh! So annoying.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tigerkaya

Well she killed my favorite character only fair that she dies so sucks to be her. But hey maybe she'll come back like Parker in about a year or more.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: scarlett witch is your favorite character? Do you like the xmen or no?

Rebelpunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

no one ever truly dies in comics,they just take a tempeorary hiatus

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tigerkaya

@hawk2916: Yes she is. Used to like them now I find them better off isolated and should stick to mutant and anti mutant groups problems.

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: I actually kinda enjoy his crappy narrative

I know, you and a lot of others. Rogue just shouldn't have been a part of this. She needn't deserve any of this in her life. He really could have chosen some other inconsequential female denizen of the MU as a spokesperson for his archetypical quota-fill of the 'woe is me' mutant. Ugh. So annoying.

Wyrmdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, they took her out of the new X-Men book just to put her in an Avengers book and kill her? This is what I get for moving to trades. =/

It's events like this that make me not buy certain books for long periods of time, and then I miss cool stuff because I'm upset over the way they treated a character I like. I damned near stopped reading Invincible when I thought Eve was dead (glad I stuck that out) and I boycotted the Authority after Ellis killed Fahrenheit and Fuji...HUGE mistake. I JUST got X-Men's first trade (so confusing, why doesn't it have an adjective to help me identify it better?) and really enjoyed it and now right after getting a powerful Rogue back in a book I'm reading she's dead? Remind me why I bother?

I know she'll be back (she's died before, like so many others), but I really don't want to wait roughly 4 years like we did for Psylocke or have her returned in a book I'm not reading when it happens like happened with Kitty after Astonishing X-Men's huge sacrifice/save, because I'll miss it and be all tantrum-y.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyrmdog: Well, tbh, she was already IN UA to begin with. So, to be fair, Remender had majority dibs on her, but it's not still fairfair.

No Caption Provided

I was really looking forward to these two bonding again.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@ageofhurricane: If he had chosen a different character, fans of that character would complain. Relax dude, Rogue will probably be back by the end of Ragnarok now

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: she's responsible for one of the biggest mutant problems. She is a mutant problem that gotten off scott free

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@tigerkaya: she's responsible for one of the biggest mutant problems. She is a mutant problem that gotten off scott free

Oh I ignore anything Bendis writes I just blame it on Space Phantoms. And you should do the same, course you X-fans have always had a nihilistic view towards her so trying to convince you is as hopeless as Hal Jordan fans trying to convince readers Jordan is still redeemable. So instead I will simply say Scarlett Witch is part of the Avengers and X-fans should stick to hating Bendis.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listen I get that she was going crazy and pretty much possessed in a way similar to Jean Grey or now even Cyclops with the Phoenix. I also hate Bendis and think that your approach to his writing is probably best. I also want my xmen and my avengers to stay seperate. That said.... I think she still deserves to catch hell for what she did just like Jean back in the day and just like Scott. To tell the truth I was kind of hoping that her most recent spell would bring back all the dead mutants, considering the words that were used. All Im saying is I hate it when Avengers fans try and act like Wanda did nothing wrong and come on xmen boards saying so. If I got u wrong then my bad on that

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope she makes her way back and I want to see her return to her classic Ms.Marvel powers. I don't mind her being in the Avengers, though I felt she got more love in X-Men. Remender made Rogue tough and capable in battle, opinionated and outspoken, and I really liked that.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay.. Who decided it was a good idea to kill Rogue.. Even if it was temporary?

WOW-- Comic deaths are lame. We all know they will be back, so what's the point? The shock factor is lost.
    Honestly I am still rolling my eyes at Nightcrawler's return.

And one more question! When did Rogue decide to not be cool like she was in the 90s tv show??? The hair got boring. The outfit changed. The draining kisses ended. The fun dialouge stopped. Ms.Marvel's powers went away. She stopped dating gambit. She could control her powers. WTF??? Why don't me just make her purple and name her Congratulatiala?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can some post Rogue's death? This is still news to me.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#23 SC  Moderator
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SC  Moderator

@ageofhurricane said:

Why can't Wood just ignore w.e it is that Remender's doing and keep Rogue on Adjectiveless? So annoying. She seemed to be having so much fun with the Outback gurlz and she's gone for, well, good cause his crappy narrative warranted her demise in the worst way possible.

Ugh! So annoying.

Agreed and agree with this and your other posts too in the thread. Rogue in X-Men was probably the healthiest the character has been for a while and Wood was starting to reap the rewards of like 10 plus years of other writers work slowly refining the character so she could be in a position to be free of baggage and ready to be all sassy and fun again… yet as soon as she escaped so much baggage and drama… oops now she is dead again. Oi vey.

Sure Rogue might will eventually be back, but she is missing out on having a writer that can write her well and wants to write her. Imagine if some other writer killed Emma Frost when Morrison was writing her? Or killed Thor whilst JMS was writing him? Its not even just about Rogue, but the characters of Psylocke, Storm and co miss out as well by not having the Rogue character to play off or clash with. Poor timing to take her out of the game.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@hawk2916 said:

Oh I ignore anything Bendis writes I just blame it on Space Phantoms. And you should do the same, course you X-fans have always had a nihilistic view towards her so trying to convince you is as hopeless as Hal Jordan fans trying to convince readers Jordan is still redeemable. So instead I will simply say Scarlett Witch is part of the Avengers and X-fans should stick to hating Bendis.

wait.. aren't you being the Hal Jordan fan in this example?

you're the one ignoring a major story-line in the service of pretending she's still redeemable, after all..

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: the difference between the Hal fans is I don't consider writing from a horrid writer who knows how to write one voice for a character canon. Course X-fans will hold it against even though mutants in every story are either being hunted down, experimented or massacured in the hundreds that it leaves me not caring anymore.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: the difference between the Hal fans is I don't consider writing from a horrid writer who knows how to write one voice for a character canon.

sure, but certainly you can see how that distinction is arbitrary, yeah?

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I suppose it is. But that's just my preferred reason I just never can accept bad writing from an overrated street level writer.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@ageofhurricane said:

Ugh! So annoying.

Agreed and agree with this and your other posts too in the thread. Rogue in X-Men was probably the healthiest the character has been for a while and Wood was starting to reap the rewards of like 10 plus years of other writers work slowly refining the character so she could be in a position to be free of baggage and ready to be all sassy and fun again… yet as soon as she escaped so much baggage and drama… oops now she is dead again. Oi vey.

Sure Rogue might will eventually be back, but she is missing out on having a writer that can write her well and wants to write her. Imagine if some other writer killed Emma Frost when Morrison was writing her? Or killed Thor whilst JMS was writing him? Its not even just about Rogue, but the characters of Psylocke, Storm and co miss out as well by not having the Rogue character to play off or clash with. Poor timing to take her out of the game.

Wow.. I knew it was fishy how Rogue left XX-men and Marvel didn't say a word.... Now we know why. What fail. What a waste... killing her for shock factor when you know she will pull a nightcrawler or cable and be back soon. She really is missing out on Wood's brilliance all for Uncanny Avenger hype. Not cool. And all this Wanda sympathy is making me roll my eyes. I like Wanda-- But Uncanny Avengers has been craps since issue1. I only followed the tp for Rogue. Good riddance now that she is dead.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oldnightcrawler: I suppose it is. But that's just my preferred reason I just never can accept bad writing from an overrated street level writer.

yeah, well, he's not for everyone.

I don't think he's any worse of a writer than Stan Lee, without whom there would be no cannon.

Avatar image for southern_comfort
    Southern_Comfort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And one more question! When did Rogue decide to not be cool like she was in the 90s tv show??? The hair got boring. The outfit changed. The draining kisses ended. The fun dialouge stopped. Ms.Marvel's powers went away. She stopped dating gambit. She could control her powers. WTF??? Why don't me just make her purple and name her Congratulatiala?

"Congratulatiala"? Ha! Ha! I love it.

I agree 100% with your comment. With her recent grumpy, pissed-off-all-the-time attitude, I wouldn't have been too surprised if the Ms. Marvel personalily she used to have was actually replaced with Wovlerine!

I'm also still pissed off about her break up with Gambit. I mean, really, Marvel? You make us wait over 2 decades for them to finally be able to touch.... and then you just end them to start that awful Rogneto thing? I almost feel like they did that so they could just add some more "tragedy" to Magneto's story His "lover" has just killed his own daughter. Boo hoo, for him.

Southern_Comfort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Southern_Comfort

@sc said:

Couldn't agree more. She has developed so much as a character over all these years. I was looking forward to seeing her grow more, now that a lot of her baggage was gone. Instead, I feel they just stunted her the last two years.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@sc said:

@ageofhurricane said:

Ugh! So annoying.

*insert gif expressing complete, likewise agreement here*

I mean, taking into consideration that nothing in the comic-book industry is guaranteed unless you're Wolverine or a member of the elite cash-cow 5 (and even then there are concessions just to ensure substantial amounts of £/$) and on the condition that Remender had written an exemplary Rogue who had organic character motivation and distinguishable footing in the Unity team, a valid and viable presence amidst the mutant/assimilation debacle and proper development that stood true to the character, then the sudden offing wouldn't have been that much of a big deal to me. Even if she had been a member of Wood's X-Men, but no. He had little to nothing to compensate with, save for lots of whining and getting all punchy-kicky when she needed to be, and that appeals to some people who favor punchy-kicky feats over cerebral drama, but still.

I can get behind the scope of Remender's story and the gravitas that he's trying to accumulate so some tropes are in demand, and killing people for the sake of killing people is his stock-in-trade, but Rogue shouldn't have been here.

When she returns, let it be under the hands of a competent writer who actually likes the character and is a fan of their rich history. Her return could even be an upcoming arc on Wood's X-Men (lol yeah, fat chance of that).

but the characters of Psylocke, Storm and co miss out as well by not having the Rogue character to play off or clash with.

And the crux of Wood's X-Men mandate was 'family'. Not that i don't like the addition of Monet and a depowered Karima, that's great, but with the loss of Kitty and Rogue, it's very much lost that. Another thing that annoyed me is how not a word on Rogue (or Kitty) was ushered in issues 7 and 8. Ugh. I don't get the industry sometimes.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SC  Moderator

I mean, taking into consideration that nothing in the comic-book industry is guaranteed unless you're Wolverine or a member of the elite cash-cow 5 (and even then there are concessions just to ensure substantial amounts of £/$) and on the condition that Remender had written an exemplary Rogue who had organic character motivation and distinguishable footing in the Unity team, a valid and viable presence amidst the mutant/assimilation debacle and proper development that stood true to the character, then the sudden offing wouldn't have been that much of a big deal to me. Even if she had been a member of Wood's X-Men, but no. He had little to nothing to compensate with, save for lots of whining and getting all punchy-kicky when she needed to be, and that appeals to some people who favor punchy-kicky feats over cerebral drama, but still.

I can get behind the scope of Remender's story and the gravitas that he's trying to accumulate so some tropes are in demand, and killing people for the sake of killing people is his stock-in-trade, but Rogue shouldn't have been here.

When she returns, let it be under the hands of a competent writer who actually likes the character and is a fan of their rich history. Her return could even be an upcoming arc on Wood's X-Men (lol yeah, fat chance of that).

And the crux of Wood's X-Men mandate was 'family'. Not that i don't like the addition of Monet and a depowered Karima, that's great, but with the loss of Kitty and Rogue, it's very much lost that. Another thing that annoyed me is how not a word on Rogue (or Kitty) was ushered in issues 7 and 8. Ugh. I don't get the industry sometimes.

Well said.

I know you are a really knowledgeable when it comes to X-Men, so I am guessing its no surprise to you that Remender is a Claremont fan and almost tries to channel a lot of Claremont's writing style. Narration boxes, character thought monologues, casual wear and heavy intergroup dialogue and infighting all that and at some points it works, just like Claremont made it work, but there are big differences between the two writers. Its like Remender never lets up with the grim dark and have characters reconcile or have fun with each other and agree. Claremont knew when to lighten up. Claremont was also better with organic conflict between the characters. Rogue and Dazzler didn't get on but to me it was believable for those characters.

In order for Remender to make Rogue and Scarlet conflict work he had to give us a cartoon rawr rawr version of Rogue. I think I even remember in interviews he stated he wanted Rogue to be the groups Wolverine even though the group already had Wolverine. I personally love sassy stubborn Rogue, but is a difference between sassy and headstrong and berserker rage kill mode. There are lots of characters that Remender could have used for a mouthpiece against Scarlet Witch.

Also yeah its funny that both Wood and Remender are both tapping into similar story writing techniques that Claremont also demonstrated in his large run, but Wood seems to be trying to recapture the spirit of the characters and what makes them unique and stand out and Remender seems to be trying for the writing tropes and techniques and plot points. I think prioritizing the character aspects is more important otherwise we aren't reading beloved characters with histories and connections to each other, we are just reading about story puppets. I have liked several of Remender's issues but yeah many (and many creative ideas/points) also fall short for me.

I think Remender is in that stage of his Marvel career he can have the sort of pull where he can pull off controversial moves, plus Uncanny Avengers editor would be Brevoort? The same editor that dismissed criticism about Rogue and Sentry moment? I am not sure there is anyone at Marvel with any pull that can just bring up whether its a good idea to kill off Rogue just as the character is experiencing a resurgence in X-Men. There have been times when a characters death almost definitely would benefit the character as well as the story or franchise they were in but Rogue here? I am as skeptical as you are.

Welcome to CV! Plus yeah it was a nice time to be a Rogue fan. I enjoyed Carey's and Gage's writings of her but even they were hindered by lame romance subplots and crossovers. Rogue wasn't given much opportunity to have fun or be sassy and with the new X-Men title she was put back alongside some of her in story best friends. She got to be a part of a team again and it opened so many possibilities as far as interaction and dialogue with Betsy, Storm, Jubes, Rachel and even Karima and Rogue from their Supernova days. Any who, fingers crossed for a speedy return.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@ageofhurricane said:

Well said.

I know you are a really knowledgeable when it comes to X-Men, so I am guessing its no surprise to you that Remender is a Claremont fan and almost tries to channel a lot of Claremont's writing style. Narration boxes, character thought monologues, casual wear and heavy intergroup dialogue and infighting all that and at some points it works, just like Claremont made it work, but there are big differences between the two writers. Its like Remender never lets up with the grim dark and have characters reconcile or have fun with each other and agree. Claremont knew when to lighten up. Claremont was also better with organic conflict between the characters. Rogue and Dazzler didn't get on but to me it was believable for those characters.

In order for Remender to make Rogue and Scarlet conflict work he had to give us a cartoon rawr rawr version of Rogue. I think I even remember in interviews he stated he wanted Rogue to be the groups Wolverine even though the group already had Wolverine. I personally love sassy stubborn Rogue, but is a difference between sassy and headstrong and berserker rage kill mode. There are lots of characters that Remender could have used for a mouthpiece against Scarlet Witch.

Also yeah its funny that both Wood and Remender are both tapping into similar story writing techniques that Claremont also demonstrated in his large run, but Wood seems to be trying to recapture the spirit of the characters and what makes them unique and stand out and Remender seems to be trying for the writing tropes and techniques and plot points. I think prioritizing the character aspects is more important otherwise we aren't reading beloved characters with histories and connections to each other, we are just reading about story puppets. I have liked several of Remender's issues but yeah many (and many creative ideas/points) also fall short for me.

I think Remender is in that stage of his Marvel career he can have the sort of pull where he can pull off controversial moves, plus Uncanny Avengers editor would be Brevoort? The same editor that dismissed criticism about Rogue and Sentry moment? I am not sure there is anyone at Marvel with any pull that can just bring up whether its a good idea to kill off Rogue just as the character is experiencing a resurgence in X-Men. There have been times when a characters death almost definitely would benefit the character as well as the story or franchise they were in but Rogue here? I am as skeptical as you are.

Lol. Too much credit. Mainly i try to act as if i am ;).

I actually didn't know that, but then any X-Writer who plans on leaving a substantial mark in the X-Mythos from whence they've left better be a fan of Claremont's X-Men or they're probably doing it wrong. No joke, they better have, like, 5 Essentials at hand for each issue they write in order to make sure that they're scripting concordant and coherent characterizations. By. The. Book.

But yes, i did notice the displaced similarities and called it "fake Kirby" cause he tried to go all Shakespeare with his hollywood level pathos but it just didn't feel 'proper', if you could say that. And yeah, internal conflict is all well and good when it's used as a tool for dramatic story-telling within a team of well-built characters who have shared, intertwined histories and such a powerful dynamic and like i always say: it has to be organic. Rogue and Dazzler's cat-fights back in the day were some of the highlights of Claremont's run. You could get behind that cause Alison's vendetta for Rogue was logical and justifiable considering the circumstances, even if they were on the same team where they were required to work together with Alison's bf at the time slobbering over Rogue whenever he wasn't looking. It was seriously hilarious, so to speak.

Remender should have probably stuck to writing X-Force. As others have rightfully stated, this was supposed to be the best Marvel Now! title released because of the potential the team and mission mandate possessed during the initial stages of conception, but it's kind of gone all over the place. Sales are continuing to stoop and vocal fan critique provides the general consensus regarding this title: it's not as good as it was supposed to be. We'll see what happens in the future, for all i (and you) know, our qualms may be all for naught cause of some typical retconny-type explanation dropped into an upcoming issue to negate what happened to Rogue or something like that (lol. She managed to appear on some marriage teaser scheduled for April), but yeah.

Brevoort's on another level. I'm not sure what to think of him as a person and as a professional member of the industry who's position garners a lot of attention as well as self-responsibility. Like, i'm so sure he has a semblance of sophistry that he needs to maintain? I've seen a lot of his comments and i think as he's one of the more vocal ones, it's just indicative of what's really going on through the minds of the denizens of the HoI--money. There's hardly any passion, thought or heart these days, save for some gems if you look hard enough. Corporate biz. Same goes for editorial. They're practically warm-blooded computer drones. Far too many inconsistencies have been pointed out by fans across the line as of recent and yet nothing to is being done to prevent or minimize. Just more perpetuation.

We'll see, though. We'll see.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I happen to think that Remender's book is the best out there right now.It baffles me that we talk about the sales numbers of this book and there's so much complaint however people will read that ridiculous mess that Aaron puts out.

I wish Remender's current story was actually the 50th anniversary event over that crap we got in BOTA.

The xmen should be darker in my opinion because in a lot of ways it mirrors the struggles with diversity, civil rights etc that still exist in the world today whether it be out in the open or hidden and more sinister. It just dont like my comics being another version of the Sims. While its ok to show the normalcy of life in the sense that even in war you aren't fighting every second of every day, it feels like a waste of money when I pay 4 or 5 dollars for a 30-32 page book filled with sitting around a campfire talking or watching a movie and no action. This speaks to a bigger issue, in that I say instead of jumping from arc to arc with no seeming downtime, portray normal life or the emotions springing out of the aftermath of some of the situations that are being dealt. As it is we have to rely on interviews and the writer's facebook and tumblr accounts to get a full picture of whats going on. This could be remedied by expanding the books. More pages, instead of 30-32 make it 40-45. Make the books bi-weekly as opposed to every month. This I think would satisfy every. And please dont tell me about money because Im in the print industry and you have to spend it to make it.

I can get with the criticism of the his portrayal of Rogue, I would have preferred Wolverine be the one in her position but Im also tried of every story being about him. Psylocke would have been a good choice as well as far as a character and being in that position. But let's face it Rogue's action were totally understandable and while maybe a bit off in her current character portrayal over the last few years, it was much more interesting. As was said Carey and Gage did a pretty good job with her but imo she had become somewhat boring especially with her powers lately.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tigerkaya

@hawk2916 said:

I happen to think that Remender's book is the best out there right now.It baffles me that we talk about the sales numbers of this book and there's so much complaint however people will read that ridiculous mess that Aaron puts out.

I wish Remender's current story was actually the 50th anniversary event over that crap we got in BOTA.

The xmen should be darker in my opinion because in a lot of ways it mirrors the struggles with diversity, civil rights etc that still exist in the world today whether it be out in the open or hidden and more sinister. It just dont like my comics being another version of the Sims. While its ok to show the normalcy of life in the sense that even in war you aren't fighting every second of every day, it feels like a waste of money when I pay 4 or 5 dollars for a 30-32 page book filled with sitting around a campfire talking or watching a movie and no action. This speaks to a bigger issue, in that I say instead of jumping from arc to arc with no seeming downtime, portray normal life or the emotions springing out of the aftermath of some of the situations that are being dealt. As it is we have to rely on interviews and the writer's facebook and tumblr accounts to get a full picture of whats going on. This could be remedied by expanding the books. More pages, instead of 30-32 make it 40-45. Make the books bi-weekly as opposed to every month. This I think would satisfy every. And please dont tell me about money because Im in the print industry and you have to spend it to make it.

I can get with the criticism of the his portrayal of Rogue, I would have preferred Wolverine be the one in her position but Im also tried of every story being about him. Psylocke would have been a good choice as well as far as a character and being in that position. But let's face it Rogue's action were totally understandable and while maybe a bit off in her current character portrayal over the last few years, it was much more interesting. As was said Carey and Gage did a pretty good job with her but imo she had become somewhat boring especially with her powers lately.

You must be crazy that book has added nothing new other than to make everyone OOC just to make everyone overly antagonistic. All the book is doing is reinforcing how much both sides hate each other and are better off as they were. X-men dealing with mutant problems and Avengers dealing with everything that isn't mutant related. It worked from the 60's 70, 80, 90 and early 2000. No one wanted the two teams interfering in the others problems and they shouldn't give a damn now. In truth Uncanny Avengers is only making it worse for the sake of both teams I find it needs to canceled like the Ultimate but retcon out never happening.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You must be crazy that book has added nothing new other than to make everyone OOC just to make everyone overly antagonistic. All the book is doing is reinforcing how much both sides hate each other and are better off as they were. X-men dealing with mutant problems and Avengers dealing with everything that isn't mutant related. It worked from the 60's 70, 80, 90 and early 2000. No one wanted the two teams interfering in the others problems and they shouldn't give a damn now. In truth Uncanny Avengers is only making it worse for the sake of both teams I find it needs to canceled like the Ultimate but retcon out never happening.

Oh, so protecting the Earth wasn't a mutant problem, because where exactly are they living? This isn't a mutant that has become White Phoenix of the Crown? This isn't a mutant who's destined to be the next Galactus? Like it or not, mutants are too important for the universe to be stuck in these awful and endless X-men/mutant feuds present and non so bright writers try to imprison the franchise in. So your flawed vision of how things "should work" isn't beyond controversy.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tigerkaya

@adamtrmm said:

@tigerkaya said:

Oh, so protecting the Earth wasn't a mutant problem, because where exactly are they living? This isn't a mutant that has become White Phoenix of the Crown? This isn't a mutant who's destined to be the next Galactus? Like it or not, mutants are too important for the universe to be stuck in these awful and endless X-men/mutant feuds present and non so bright writers try to imprison the franchise in. So your flawed vision of how things "should work" isn't beyond controversy.

Please the X-men should stick to fighting Purifiers, Brotherhood of Mutants, Acolytes, Hellfire Club, knockoff versions of Weapon X and Friends of Humanity. Anything else only dilutes them. There known for fighting against bigotry and explotation of mutants nothing else. Leave the Universe invaders, dimensional invaders, underworld crime, time traveling conquerors and super terrorist organization to the rest of the Marvel heroes. Mutants problems require the full attention for the X-men its what their best at. if they stray away from it thats what leads to garbage like AvsX.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By poisonfleur

@poisonfleur said:

"Congratulatiala"? Ha! Ha! I love it.

I agree 100% with your comment. With her recent grumpy, pissed-off-all-the-time attitude, I wouldn't have been too surprised if the Ms. Marvel personalily she used to have was actually replaced with Wovlerine!

I'm also still pissed off about her break up with Gambit. I mean, really, Marvel? You make us wait over 2 decades for them to finally be able to touch.... and then you just end them to start that awful Rogneto thing? I almost feel like they did that so they could just add some more "tragedy" to Magneto's story His "lover" has just killed his own daughter. Boo hoo, for him.

Yes, I do wonderhow Magneto & the mutant community will react to this. Ding Dong the witch is dead?? It amazes me how so many people mourn Scarlet Witch's death and kinda are just whatever about Rogue. :(
    Has everyone forgotten about the 90s gem of character on Saturday mornings we grew up with?
    Well now we know why Ms. Marvel wasn't added to the Uncanny Avenger mix. The real drama is between Rogue and Wanda!

skypilotbinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got to issue 5 of Uncanny Avengers before I felt sick to my stomach. Of course Rogue got killed off. She was the only likable character in that series. I like Wanda too but her character doesn't (or isn't allowed to) evolve past Decimation. I'm tired of people always blaming Wanda for what happened since it goes nowhere. What sucks even more is now she has the opportunity to deflect everyone's hate towards Cyclops which she does every opportunity she gets. Why can't they say both M Day and AVX was just a series unfortunate events rather than simply blame the catalyst for the climax of each event? I just wanted to forget about AVX but this title made it hard to which is why I dropped it. There's lots of little bits of anti X-Men hypocrisy in it (Janet says of the X-Men "expect drama" and then SHE immediately starts drama with Rogue). I'm an X-Men fan but I also want to be an Avengers fan but I can't be if I read this title.

Wolverine to Sunfire, "Nah, I know what Apocalypse's monkey business can do to yer mind. I aint here on account of any grudge, Shiro..." So apparently Wolverine can make that distinction when it comes to being a Horseman of Apocalypse but not when it comes to being a host to the Phoenix. Why is it so important to have Sunfire on the team? I thought this team was supposed to be about Xavier's dream but it's made up of people who mostly never gave a shit about Xavier. What makes Wolverine's hypocrisy even sweeter is that he wanted to kill an innocent girl all while being completely clear of mind.

Havok's speech, "No man should unilaterally take action or choose for so many. It is hubris." three panels later during the same speech "Don't call us Mutants. The M word represents everything I hate." Not only is this the fastest leap to hypocrisy I've ever read in comics, I also doubt that many Mutants agree with him. Of course the speech falls in with Havok's line of thinking however I think that his attitude towards being a mutant should have disqualified him from even being on the team never mind being the team leader.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By kidchipotle

@skypilotbinky said:

Havok's speech, "No man should unilaterally take action or choose for so many. It is hubris." three panels later during the same speech "Don't call us Mutants. The M word represents everything I hate." Not only is this the fastest leap to hypocrisy I've ever read in comics, I also doubt that many Mutants agree with him. Of course the speech falls in with Havok's line of thinking however I think that his attitude towards being a mutant should have disqualified him from even being on the team never mind being the team leader.

That line was absolutely horrible. Maybe one of the worst in comic book history. Imagine someone in real life saying that about a real stereotype…it would cause ACTUAL HAVOK.

skypilotbinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another thing that pisses me off is Avalanche got killed off. This is a bad trend in comics these days. It seems a lot of hack writers are picking out psuedo obscure characters to use as cannon fodder without doing their due diligence. Captain Asshat refers to Avalanche as a murdering coward despite him having turned his life around after M-Day. He owned a bar, was happily married and was no longer involved in criminal activity (unless you count breaking Norman Osborn's mutant curfew). What about his wife Helen? Marvel seems hell bent on pissing on their X-Men fans lately. It's not our fault they sold the movie rights to Fox.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By adamTRMM

@tigerkaya said:

Anything else only dilutes them. There known for fighting against bigotry and explotation of mutants nothing else.

And who said this concept is not what stops the franchise from progression? People like you and fear that X-books won't sell good if the story makes a change is the main issue why X-books are stagnant and look like they do now.

Leave the Universe invaders, dimensional invaders

You mean like eXiles, X-treme X-men and eXcalibur? I see...

time traveling conquerors

You know what, I don't know how about conquers but I'll be pleased if Avengers will keep this privilege for themselves really.

super terrorist organization to the rest of the Marvel heroes.

Like MLF? Or the Facility? Or Hellfire Club? Or every other mutant/human genetic altering projects? Will Avengers be concerned if Obama disagrees? lol this part was so ridiculous.

Mutants problems require the full attention for the X-men its what their best at. if they stray away from it thats what leads to garbage like AvsX.

Garbage like AvX was a money driven story, that made Marve-Earth as divided as it never was. You should thank this "event", it gives you what you wanted.

@skypilotbinky said:

I'm tired of people always blaming Wanda for what happened since it goes nowhere. What sucks even more is now she has the opportunity to deflect everyone's hate towards Cyclops which she does every opportunity she gets. Why can't they say both M Day and AVX was just a series unfortunate events rather than simply blame the catalyst for the climax of each event? I just wanted to forget about AVX but this title made it hard to which is why I dropped it. There's lots of little bits of anti X-Men hypocrisy in it (Janet says of the X-Men "expect drama" and then SHE immediately starts drama with Rogue). I'm an X-Men fan but I also want to be an Avengers fan but I can't be if I read this title.

People hate Wanda because some silly Marvel-guys decided they will redeem her no matter how idiotic it will look like. If she stayed depowered and miserable like she should, I think people weren't so angry. But, then they give us a silly CC that just makes us hate her even more, because she was selfish (I don't think anyone takes Doom's words for serious) to search for that power to revive her "Mephisto's bastards" (what? that what they are in continuity), then we have AvX where a silly plot makes this bitch a device against Phoenix 5. Why? So her part in "bringing mutants back" will be more visible. Then we have Remender's Wanda who's achieving over the top idiocy, where he tries to make her look like a misunderstood victim (of what? good question). In the end of the day we have a weak-willed, pathetic, self-ashamed and broken woman whom writers try to force us love "because she is very important!" even when we see how hypocritical Avengers, decided that she is "redeemed" just cause she is an Avenger, while ex-Phoenix are wanted criminals, when even a pushed to the edge Dark Phoenix Cyclops didn't achieved atrocities on SW's scale.

As for me, I don't hate her. I pity her, and no matter how hard silly writers will push that weakling down my throat I will always laugh at these attempts, she is and will be a broken, self-hating person for me.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tigerkaya

@skypilotbinky: well for both sides to win the best solution is for Uncanny Avengers gone is to have it cancelled. It's a travesty how it does such a poor attempt on all the characters with a writer using characters as his mouthpiece. We need the X-men back to being stagnant and fighting off endless waves of bigotry again and Avengers back to being to busy helping mutant problems.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I actually REALLY liked Remender's Uncanny X-Force! But when that ended in favor for this Uncanny Avengers crap (no offense fans) I was stunned. The concept was half interesting half annoying... and now Rogue is dead, away from her X-Men family, whether it's temporarily or not, her death, to me, is meaningless.

Southern_Comfort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Southern_Comfort

Please the X-men should stick to fighting Purifiers, Brotherhood of Mutants, Acolytes, Hellfire Club, knockoff versions of Weapon X and Friends of Humanity. Anything else only dilutes them. There known for fighting against bigotry and explotation of mutants nothing else. Leave the Universe invaders, dimensional invaders, underworld crime, time traveling conquerors and super terrorist organization to the rest of the Marvel heroes. Mutants problems require the full attention for the X-men its what their best at. if they stray away from it thats what leads to garbage like AvsX.

I'm glad to hear somebody else feels the way I do. I like the X-men. I like the Avengers. I don't like them together in one book. Like tigerkaya mentions here, their focuses are so different, I find it hard to believe that each of them can give their missions full attention

Also, I'm not sure if anybody else out there feels the same way I do, but I find the the Avenger/X-men universe too overwhelming. Both of their worlds of characters and possibilities are so huge on their own, that together, they feel too big. I feel like it give writers too much freedom when they have such a huge of a world to work with.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone feel like Rogue's death was just there. Nobody really cared when it happened (unlike Wanda's death) It seemed like it was only for shock except that everyone's reaction was 'why are they killing Rogue??'

I never did like Uncanny Avengers for many reasons. Now this is surely the last straw. For how much creative freedom this book has, it has taken too many steps in wrong and pointless and trolling directions. Not enough substance.

Btw Rogue was the only reason I cared about this title + Wanda drama. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.