Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Is Amazing X-Men #1 A Good Jumping On Point?

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would like to start reading X-Men and was hoping that this would be a suitable place to start. I can't really read stuff from older series right now, so if this isn't a good place to start then I will go with All New X-Men #24.NOW!

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I would like to start reading X-Men and was hoping that this would be a suitable place to start. I can't really read stuff from older series right now, so if this isn't a good place to start then I will go with All New X-Men #24.NOW!

Yes. I think Amazing X-Men #1 (The Quest For Nightcrawler Part 1 of 5) is a great jumping on point. If you're interested in a fun 70's/early 80's style X-men story, this is that sort of thing. It features the JG School X-men (Storm and Wolverine's team) investigating a mysterious portal that has opened up beneath the school. And the second issue does a good job of giving most of the team members a cool (re)introduction to most of the members of the team (Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Northstar, Firestar, Iceman,Beast, etc).

If that doesn't sound like your cup of tea or you're interested in something with a more contemporary feel, Cyclops is leading a new team of out law X-men with Emma and Magik in Uncanny X-Men. It's only had 15 issues so far, and other than the X-Men: Battle of the Atom issues (12 & 13), I'd recommend any of them. Even if you just dived in with issue 14 or 15, you'd probably be fine, but there are other pretty cool moments to read back for if you wanted as well.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Looking at both online. I'm already paying for too many back issues as it is, plus the Uncanny art looks a little goofy. Amazing X-Men looks pretty excellent, so I'm going with that! Thanks!

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By oldnightcrawler
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Yes. It's a pretty good and entertaining read. I have not really been a huge fan of Aaron's writing but this has title has been very good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.