Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

If Jean came back should/would Scott leave Emma?

nerd217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By nerd217

Scott was a total @$*^# $%&! when he left his wife and child for the ressurrected Jean Grey back in X-Factor #1 in the 80s but would he do the same now that he's with Emma Frost? Do you think he should?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jeanroygrant

He probably would. I think?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Blood1991

I don't think Jean would take him if back she once she realized he isn't the same person she knew.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By moywar700

I hope marvel doesn't slit them because that would just send Emma and cyclops character developement backwards.

RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RogueOracle

Nah. She's over him.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

No. They have plenty of other things for Jean to do, Scott has Emma and it would do nothing but backtrack years of character development. It would be stupid to do so.

Avatar image for invisible_witch
    Invisible_Witch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Invisible_Witch

@Blood1991 said:

I don't think Jean would take him if back she once she realized he isn't the same person she knew.

This,also Jean told Scott to move I would think she would do the same ya know

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_

No and no.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mercy_

Where's Apathetic Avenger with the link to that Claremont interview!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John Valentine

I really hope not. Not because I give a damn about Jean but because I don't want another reason for them to b@$tardize Scott.

Thorion88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Thorion88

@John Valentine said:

I really hope not. Not because I give a damn about Jean but because I don't want another reason for them to b@$tardize Scott.

This completely.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Saren

@god_spawn said:

No. They have plenty of other things for Jean to do, Scott has Emma and it would do nothing but backtrack years of character development. It would be stupid to do so.

You just outlined all the reasons why it would probably happen.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By fodigg

If Jean comes back Cyclops should feel literally compelled to go to her but visibly struggling against it, whereby it is then revealed by Jean (who is temporarily infused with Phoenix energy before she ditches it forever in the White Hot Room so she can finally evolve as a character) that Mr. Sinister programmed both her and Scott to pursue each other for the benefit of his genetics experiments. Then together Jean and Emma remove this mental programming from Scott (Jean's is already gone from her rebirth) and Scott comfortably stays with Emma.

This would accomplish the following:

• Retains the current continuity instead of backtracking to a decades old status quo.
    • Allows them to defy expectations and have Jean & Emma working together and getting along swimmingly.
    • Let's them permanently uncouple Jean and Scott, allowing Scott's growth to stay and for Jean to become something more than just the center of the Scott/Logan love triangle.
    • Explains a galling character flaw in Scott's history--ditching his wife for the "real" Jean--which has dogged the character for years. Both the relationship with Maddy and subsequent flight to the returned Jean would be explained as Sinister's programming taking root.
    • De-mystifies their relationship without totally nullifying it. They can look back on their years fondly and know they truly loved each other without any sort of active pursuit in the present, and with the firm knowledge that they weren't some sort of "soul mates," but were guided by Sinister's machinations. Again, defy expectations by making them incredibly fast friends without any tension.
    • Provides an opportunity for Scott to drop some baggage. He's been growing more and more tense and, well, villain-like over recent years. There would be an opportunity to drop miscellaneous other mental "viruses" of Sinister's here that could be used as an explanation to have Scott chill out a little, and maybe even hand the reigns of the X-Men over to someone more even-handed, like say Storm, who will go back to the mohawk and cut any fool who steps. Ah, to dream.

Then of course they should have Logan make his romantic advances—which Scott has no problem with—and be politely but firmly told no. Not because they couldn't write a story about that, but because if Jean is going to come back she needs to become something new, and she can't do that if her primary role is as someone else's love interest.

Ninja_girl_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Ninja_girl_x

I think that Scott would go looking for her, but Jean would be over him and start dating Wolverine. Then, Emma would be really mad at Scott for caring about Jean, and never talk to him again. Then, Scott moves in with Professor X, and has his kids. (Whoa, that's actually quite scary!)

arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By arcano_19

this would shake it all really, maybe he would but jean will move on as he did and start dating wolverine... i hate cyclops and how he treat jean befor eshe died at the hands of xorn

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By BatteredArmor

@John Valentine said:

qft

WeaponX619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WeaponX619

I hope not, he's a much better character in my opinion with Emma.

MasterofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MasterofChaos

No and I hope not. I'd hate for them to do that.

@fodigg said:

If Jean comes back Cyclops should feel literally compelled to go to her but visibly struggling against it, whereby it is then revealed by Jean (who is temporarily infused with Phoenix energy before she ditches it forever in the White Hot Room so she can finally evolve as a character) that Mr. Sinister programmed both her and Scott to pursue each other for the benefit of his genetics experiments. Then together Jean and Emma remove this mental programming from Scott (Jean's is already gone from her rebirth) and Scott comfortably stays with Emma.

• Retains the current continuity instead of backtracking to a decades old status quo.
    • Allows them to defy expectations and have Jean & Emma working together and getting along swimmingly.
    • Let's them permanently uncouple Jean and Scott, allowing Scott's growth to stay and for Jean to become something more than just the center of the Scott/Logan love triangle.
    • Explains a galling character flaw in Scott's history--ditching his wife for the "real" Jean--which has dogged the character for years. Both the relationship with Maddy and subsequent flight to the returned Jean would be explained as Sinister's programming taking root.
    • De-mystifies their relationship without totally nullifying it. They can look back on their years fondly and know they truly loved each other without any sort of active pursuit in the present, and with the firm knowledge that they weren't some sort of "soul mates," but were guided by Sinister's machinations. Again, defy expectations by making them incredibly fast friends without any tension.

Then of course they should have Logan make his romantic advances—which Scott has no problem with—and be politely but firmly told no. Not because they couldn't write a story about that, but because if Jean is going to come back she needs to become something new, and she can't do that if her primary role is as someone else's love interest.

This is a pretty alright sentiment. If nothing else, it's creative. Not sure about the stepping down thing, but I would like to see Scott lighten up, if only a little bit. Maybe  a smile and a joke minimum per comic. Really, though, who says Jean has to be with anyone? Granted, it's Marvel, and they probably would, but I don't think she should have to be. I'd just hate for them to say "Jeans back! Seeya Emma."
    jonnystorm777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jonnystorm777

I would stay with Emma if I were Scott.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    It's not like Scott has ever left anyone to be with Jean. Say, his wife.

Oh, wait.
    Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Morpheus_ said:

It's not like Scott has ever left anyone to be with Jean. Say, his wife.

Oh, wait.

*slow claps*

Bravado, sir.

RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RogueOracle

Scott might be confused at first but his relationship with Emma will remain strong.

Look, I like Jean to an extent, the problem was writers didn't let her live up to her potential that she came across as bland at times. If she comes back and writers give her some good material, I think she could be a pretty interesting character. I would probably like to see her be challenged by how much the world has changed since she "died". I mostly defend her because us redheads have got to stick together.

And I hate how Cyclops has so much history that doesn't reflect well on him. I think the guy should never get married again. It doesn't help that he left his first wife for another woman, and the one after that. Granted Emma and Scott are a good couple and one of my favourite couples, but the origin of their relationship is easy ammo against the guy. Well, anything he does lately seems to be ammo due to certain writers:\ Scott was so cool on Whedon's run.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By John Valentine

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Oh, wait.

*slow claps*

Bravado, sir.

You mean this one.....

No Caption Provided
    Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Or35ti

I think Emma should leave Scott and Jean should not take Scott if she comes back because he's turned into a militaristic douche. He should be single for a while too

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

peronally I hate most of the x-men, I find them annoying especially the leaders, I think scott, emma, storm, and magneto should all DIE. the only thing that I like with an x on it is x-force

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#26  Edited By Hawkeye446

Of course not. No, no no. I want Jean alone. I want her to disappear for a bit, stay away from the X-Men for a bit, and start a fresh. When we get a love interest, let it be someone new.

And let's PLEASE leave Scott out of it. I'm sick of their love triangle.

However, I would probably see the most benefit if Scott and Emma broke up, and she moved to the school seeing as she is a teacher. Put a smile on her dile and loosen her up a bit. :)

@DarkKnightDetective said:

peronally I hate most of the x-men, I find them annoying especially the leaders, I think scott, emma, storm, and magneto should all DIE. the only thing that I like with an x on it is x-force

But seeing as you were never specific, you DO in fact want Jean and Cyclops to get back together, right?

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@Hawkeye446 said:

Of course not. No, no no. I want Jean alone. I want her to disappear for a bit, stay away from the X-Men for a bit, and start a fresh. When we get a love interest, let it be someone new.

And let's PLEASE leave Scott out of it. I'm sick of their love triangle.

However, I would probably see the most benefit if Scott and Emma broke up, and she moved to the school seeing as she is a teacher. Put a smile on her dile and loosen her up a bit. :)

But seeing as you were never specific, you DO in fact want Jean and Cyclops to get back together, right?

well considering that I like Jean, no I wouldnt want them to get back together, let wolverine have her or someone else, not that douche

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#28  Edited By Hawkeye446

@DarkKnightDetective: I see.

AdamC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AdamC

I think Scott would stay with Emma. Jean has been gone too long as their relationship was rocky to say the least. Honestly, I think Jean would rid herself of the Scott and Emma drama. I think she would, say.... go to the Jean Grey's school for mutants? :P

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By John Valentine

well considering that I like Jean, no I wouldnt want them to get back together, let wolverine have her or someone else, not that douche

Wolverine can keep a locke of her hair. That's enough for him.

He's like one of those guys who's in love with their best friend tries to abuse that relationship in the attempts to get into her pants. No, Logan, no.

616-Jean never loved Logan in any other way than as a friend.

RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RogueOracle

@John Valentine: LOL. I'll never forget his face when he admitted that.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@John Valentine said:

Wolverine can keep a locke of her hair. That's enough for him.

He's like one of those guys who's in love with their best friend tries to abuse that relationship in the attempts to get into her pants. No, Logan, no.

616-Jean never loved Logan in any other way than as a friend.

I agree with this.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Soulstealer

@Morpheus_ said:

Oh, wait.

Jesus, why can't I stop laughing. XD

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By Raiiyn

@fodigg said:

• Provides an opportunity for Scott to drop some baggage. He's been growing more and more tense and, well, villain-like over recent years. There would be an opportunity to drop miscellaneous other mental "viruses" of Sinister's here that could be used as an explanation to have Scott chill out a little, and maybe even hand the reigns of the X-Men over to someone more even-handed, like say Storm, who will go back to the mohawk and cut any fool who steps. Ah, to dream.

I like your way of thinking, that is definitely a plausible solution.

I really hope that they don't have Scott chase after Jean's skirts because really... negating all the character development and bring back the old and tried love triangles would make sick to my stomach and I really think I would abandon the x-men on a whole after that... seriously fed up of that storyline.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35  Edited By Deranged Midget

Well I'd rather Jean not come back at all...

Scribbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Scribbler

When Jean comes back, I'd rather she stay by herself for a while (regardless of what Scott does or doesn't do). But honestly, he isn't exactly the same man that left Maddy (et child) for Jean anymore, he's had some character growth/development. But there's just no telling with him! Even though I love(d) Scott/Jean together, I think when (if) Jean comes back, they should sort of stay away from each other for a while. Though my opinion varies whenever I think about the different ways/circumstances in which she could eventually come back. I agree with that Jean would/should steer clear of any drama and going to the academy sounds like a great idea!

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#37  Edited By TheCannon

I wouldn't if I was Scott. He has Emma Frost! Why would he give that up for Jean?

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By SupremeHyperion

of course he would, and then you'd have emma turn bad and Namor would join her side to make the x-men world's top villains

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#39  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@SupremeHyperion said:

of course he would, and then you'd have emma turn bad and Namor would join her side to make the x-men world's top villains

Hmmm no.

SarahB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SarahB

Sure he should.  He's a fickle bastard who's left two women he's said he loved for someone else with little effort and he's never been held a accountable for it either time.  Both times he got off the hook via BS technicalities (convenient clone wife goes crazy, dies, sudden distance from second wife who gives blessing to affair, dies) and is overdue for a little karma.  So he leaves Emma for Jean only for Jean to turn him down flat and then crawls back to Emma who kicks him to the curb for Namor.  Let Scott stand on his own two feet without female support for awhile and learn a little humility and work his way back without having the hot girl chasing after him.    

He should not be let off the hook for his bad behavior through another technicality like Sinister messing with him and Jean.  It's his character flaw - everyone else has to deal with theirs (see Xavier and Scott being so high and mightyabout that or Wolverine, Mr. I've slept with half the MU, and finding out he has killed kids he didn't even know about, Gambit got left in Antartica for his secret shame  - so let Scott have some effects for his character flaw. 
    Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
    Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCannon said:

I wouldn't if I was Scott. He has Emma Frost! Why would he give that up for Jean?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Deranged Midget said:

Well I'd rather Jean not come back at all...

maximum this

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#43  Edited By lorex

There relationship was pretty much over when she died and I like others would prefer that she did not come back. That being said Scott is not the same man he was when Jean was last with us, and I do think Scott might seek her out I do not
    think he should leave Emma. Also who knows if Jean does come back wether she will be the same of different. I could see Jean be very disappointed with Scott not for the way he leads but for him not being flexible enough to keep the X-Men 
    together. Then again I think Jean would be disappointed with Logan as well first off for spliting the X-Men appart and second for naming a school after her as a not so subtle way of throwing a brick at Scotts face.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Crimsonlord53

No I think if any one leaves it well be emma weather jean comes back or not.

OT I hope not I would like to see jean as a older and wiser person if she comes back someone smart enough to leave emma and scot alone. If scott does come sniffing maybe have her tell him to take a hike.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By primebonnick

oh god i hope not but the guy seems to love Emma and she him so i don't see it happen he will be tortured but he will stay with emma. Jean needs to try other guys now tired of her and Scott, even spidey and hulk got different women from the normal "true love". Jean needs to find a new man when she comes back and discover something new with her self. Can't think of anyone for her now but alot are out there.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

The only, and I mean only thing I want to see Jean do if/when she comes back is resolve the Schism/No More Mutants stuff, the former of the two probably shouldn't be fixed any time soon. It would be silly to bring her back just to have her do things she had already been doing for decades, which includes but isn't limited to Cyclops, Wolverine, having the Phoenix Force, and dying.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By oraclefyre

Jean and Emma wouldn't put up with that behaviour though. Scott can be all Bella Swan as he likes but Jean and Emma wouldn't stand for it. They have Logan and Namor waiting in the wings if all else fails.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.