Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

i thought this was interesting

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i got a Marvel's 75th Anniversary book(2014) and in it, it says the 75 greatest comics of all time.

26. House of M

25. The Death of Captain Marvel

24. Warlock(by Jim Starlin)

23.FF: the Galactus Trilogy

22. Age of Apocalypse

21. X-Men: God loves, Man kills

20. Secret Invasion

19. Daredevil #181(death of Elektra)

18. Avengers Under Siege

17. The kid who collected spiderman(amazing spiderman 248

16. Annihilation

15. Hulk 1(1962)

14. FF 1 (1961

13. captain america comics #1

12. Avengers #1(1963)

11. Secret Wars(the first one)

10. Amazing Fantasy #15

9. The winter soldier(2004)

8. marvels #1(1990)

7. Infinity Gauntlet

6. Days of Future Past(x-men)

5. The Dark Phoenix Saga

4. Born Again(Daredevil)

3. Kraven's Last Hunt

2. Civil War

1. The Death of Gwen Stacy

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Civil War at #2? What were these people smoking? Good to see some X-MEN stories on there, I think Age of Apocalypse should be higher on the list, but that's just me.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: 67. x-factor #87

63. New Mutants(by chris Claremont)

54. Wolverine(by chris claremont and frank miller)

51. Deadpool Kills(the marvel universe)

48. Giant-size x-men(the new team storm, banshee,colossus,wolverine, nightcrawler and thunderbird)

45. Astonishing x-men(Joss Whedon)

33, AvX(avengers vs x-men)

32. X-men Fatal Attractions

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the hell did Age Of Apocalypse even make the list??

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

AvX and Civil War don't belong on this list. New Mutants and God Loves, Man Kills should be in the top 20.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is AvX really worse then Age of Apocalypse?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think Age of Apocalypse is an amazing story. It would be in my top 5 best Marvel stories.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: @sprior93: @koays:josh whedon is number 45 wth? his story is so fresh and new for the next generation while not forgetting the old fans.......

i thought more people would complain more about that

Civil War at #2? What were these people smoking? Good to see some X-MEN stories on there, I think Age of Apocalypse should be higher on the list, but that's just me.

pot? mixing pills, dunno.......lol

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@koays said:

it's a worse story, done better?

@koays said:

How the hell did Age Of Apocalypse even make the list??

it seems weird to me that AoA is considered in the same league as GLMK (which really seems like it should be much higher).. ..weird and wrong.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@koays said:

yes i think so

and there are so many that should be such higher, Wheldon's run at 45 is silly. Civil war meh lol but yea

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cattlebattle

This list HAS to be based on popularity because Secret Wars, which sits just a top the top ten, is terrible and only existed for marketing action figures. A lot of the characters in it are devoid of characteristics that made them interesting and a lot of it feels more like filler to complete the 12 issues it was designed to comprise (a book for every month of the year) and nobody would likely remember it at all if it wasn't for Spider-Man getting his infamous black costume during it.

Civil War is also poopy.

@immolation said:

Am I the only one that things Kraven's last hunt is overrated? I don't think it should be number close to number 3

You're not alone. It's good for a post "silver age" Spider-Man story, but I have never understood why it's so celebrated myself.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This list HAS to be based on popularity because Secret Wars, which sits just a top the top ten, is terrible and only existed for marketing action figures. A lot of the characters in it are devoid of characteristics that made them interesting and a lot of it feels more like filler to complete the 12 issues it was designed to comprise (a book for every month of the year) and nobody would likely remember it at all if it wasn't for Spider-Man getting his infamous black costume during it.

Civil War is also poopy.

@immolation said:

Am I the only one that things Kraven's last hunt is overrated? I don't think it should be number close to number 3

You're not alone. It's good for a post "silver age" Spider-Man story, but I have never understood why it's so celebrated myself.

i didnt like secret wars the first either didnt peter cheat on kitty.......

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@immolation: Yes, Colossus only fell in love with Zsaji. However, he did have sex with Nereel when the X-Men went to the Savage Land in a previous story arc, but that was before he and Kitty were together.

I wonder if Marvel will ever do anything with Piotr's son.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Koays

@william300: I'll give you some of the concepts, and characters are interesting but top 5 for the actual story?? It seems a little much

@oldnightcrawler- I feel like that had to have just been out of obligation. Like they were thinking of well known X-Men stories and were like "Yea put down AoA in the top 25" "What about God Loves Man Kills?" "Right damn, well put it one over AoA" I mean I get it, AoA is popular but who reads God Loves man Kills and thinks "You know what's almost as good as this? Age of Apocalypse"

@mcklayn- See I have the same problem with Civil War as I do with AoA and AvX. If we're just looking at the main story, it's not very special and if we're looking at the event as a whole it becomes massively convoluted and in-cohesive and the only thing that's really special about it is the sheer scale of the story..

@hopesummersforthefuture- I feel like I want to complain about Astonishing, but the list messed up before it could get out of the top 15. So I'm just glad it made it where it did....at freaking 45....13 behind AvX.....22 behind AoA...I need a drink.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I think AoA gets a pass for me not because of a greater quality, but because it had no lasting affects really once it was over, not nagging fall out or none of that. It was just a really big What if, meh at best but no harm no foul type thing. While AvX had the whole powers broken, beast hates Cyclops brings back 05, the revolution that bendis teased me with never happened, all that tagged on to it. While iirc (and its been a while) AoA happened, then didnt happen. Kind of like Age of X, now thats a story that needed to be up there. I loved Age of X it was short, contained in one series, and interesting.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@koays: I think AoA gets a pass for me not because of a greater quality, but because it had no lasting affects really once it was over, not nagging fall out or none of that. It was just a really big What if, meh at best but no harm no foul type thing. While AvX had the whole powers broken, beast hates Cyclops brings back 05, the revolution that bendis teased me with never happened, all that tagged on to it. While iirc (and its been a while) AoA happened, then didnt happen. Kind of like Age of X, now thats a story that needed to be up there. I loved Age of X it was short, contained in one series, and interesting.

Idk, I mean I get that with it's whole "End of an Era" shake ups, and it's start to what may be one of the biggest down turns I've experienced personally in the fandom, that AvX can be kind of rough. But I still feel that in 10-15 years when we can just judge it on it's own it will be able to redeem it's self, where as AoA just seems like a huge pitfall to me, where we have to explore this world but there's no clear focal point for the story, so if you don't know who was a relevant character going into the event you don't know who you should be looking for and why it's an interesting story for them. With AvX you can at least read the synopsis and understand what's going on, with AoA you need to be familiar with all the players in all the books when it was being published before you can really appreciate the still convoluted story.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: yea i mean i understand your point, its also i think the whole premise of AvX everything seemed so out of character WHY did Cap act like such a A hole? Why didnt they work together, idk and then it takes a group that is basically getting bullied and paints them as villains because they make the world better by feeding the hungry so idk, the whole story just seems out of character and totally skewered in perception. Not defending anything on AoA its just was not cannon so if it seemed out of character or forced it was easier to swallow cause it wasn't the same characters we have read about for 30 years or whatever

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: I mean that part of what I mean by redeem its self. I mean don't get me wrong, the story seems to ignore the entirety of the mutants struggle and motivation (having seen their entire species wiped out, shunned and hunted) but never touches on that as more then a background issue..with the X-Men really joining up and fighting because their X-Men more then anything else. That's gonna seem contrived within the story no matter who or when you ask, but the advantage to time is really that we'll forget some of these issues that the mutants had going into it. On it's own, you sort of just fill in the blanks as to motivations and assume that "Cyke was this confrontational before AvX" or "Cap was this controlling before he stepped foot on the island". It will just seem less important because we'll eventually forget how OOC it was, while with AoA i need to check a Gen X cast list before i start reading because i can't remember who the characters in the AoA version are supposed to be.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That list is BS

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.