Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How Wanda can be forgiven by Mutantkind.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

3 words...

"No More Inhumans."

I'll even settle for...

"No More Terrigen Mists"

But that's just too perfect of an idea, that doesn't involve crapping all over the X-men.

Who would actually be on board for this idea? :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I want the Inhumans to kill the X-Men. They'll go out as martyrs, the Inhumans will be unsalvageable, and Marvel will face endless criticism and fan rage. Who doesn't want this?

Let's be real, we're never going to see another quality X-Men run. The property has been exhausted and should have been put to rest a decade ago. I'd like the X-Men to die while they still have a sizable fanbase and a somewhat respectable legacy.

P.S. Wanda doesn't need to be forgiven. She only needs to die.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch isn't a real person people. Be angry at the person who likely suggested the decrease of the mutant characters.....likely man baby, probably cheese scented, Cuban anchor baby Joe Quesada

@sprior93 said:

The property has been exhausted and should have been put to rest a decade ago.

While I agree with this I don't think the franchise is unsalvageable. The X_Men franchise has a habit of rebooting itself. The first time in 75, again in 92, and Morrison's run and the film brought it back from a creative slump in the early 2000's

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By poisonfleur

No. Because, IMO, there were highlights that really were great. Storm's & Magneto's Solo! Storm as Headmistress. Cyclops as fugitive had potential. The All Women X-team was neat. Also Avengers vs X-men had potential to AMAZING but it was literally Marvel sucking off the Avengers the entire time..... which ruined it. I also adored fractions run of X-men. So I disagree. But this Inhuman crap needs to end. It's being jammed down our throats to no end. And if Storm looses to ANYONE-- I am going to show Marvel how I feel with my wallet. TRUST!

So while there is hope for some great stories to be told. I truthfully believe Marvel would rather focus on crap like Squirrel Girl, Inhumans, Gwenpool, Silk, and other properties that are not as near deserving as the X-men

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

3 words...

"No More Inhumans."

I'll even settle for...

"No More Terrigen Mists"

But that's just too perfect of an idea, that doesn't involve crapping all over the X-men.

Who would actually be on board for this idea? :D

That's actually a great idea. :)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wanda could just reboot everything. I'd definitely go for that. Just take everything back to Disassembled or even prior and then everything would be fine

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda should die and the Celestials should revive the mutant race.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch isn't a real person people. Be angry at the person who likely suggested the decrease of the mutant characters.....likely man baby, probably cheese scented, Cuban anchor baby Joe Quesada

I once read somewhere that it was his idea. It also said that destroying Genoshia was his idea too.

While I agree with this I don't think the franchise is unsalvageable. The X_Men franchise has a habit of rebooting itself. The first time in 75, again in 92, and Morrison's run and the film brought it back from a creative slump in the early 2000's

The state of X-Men today is actually very simular to the state of X-Men in the late 90's. Back then they were dying from the Legacy Virus in the comics, and had multiple books cancelled in 1998.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Wanda could just reboot everything. I'd definitely go for that. Just take everything back to Disassembled or even prior and then everything would be fine

I'd be down for a reboot. Remember when superheroes fought supervillains and not each other over and over again?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle

I once read somewhere that it was his idea. It also said that destroying Genoshia was his idea too.

Wikipedia says he was EIC at the time House of M took place, so, I would imagine he would have had some input.

The state of X-Men today is actually very simular to the state of X-Men in the late 90's. Back then they were dying from the Legacy Virus in the comics, and had multiple books cancelled in 1998.

It wouldn't be that difficult to reboot. Reign the franchise in and focus on one or two titles at a time. Not every X-Men character need to constantly be on a team.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

When did Wanda tap the lifeforce again to be able to do any of this? As far as I know she does not have that kind of power anymore because it wasn't her power to begin with. It was her amped by a source of power far beyond her. Not to mention HOM was basically a reboot and we learned from Rachel that although powerful was really just a thin layer of reality warping that powerful enough psychics could see through revealing the true reality underneath.

HowlingWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Inhumans don't need to die. They have their own fanbase that are probably just as annoyed by this BS as we are. I liked some of the classic Inhumans, but their current comics suck. Just a bunch of shameless X-Men rip offs. I wouldn't mind seeing them go back to the way they were or move on to somthing new that is not ripping off the X-Men.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wikipedia says he was EIC at the time House of M took place, so, I would imagine he would have had some input.

@immolation said:

It wouldn't be that difficult to reboot. Reign the franchise in and focus on one or two titles at a time. Not every X-Men character need to constantly be on a team.

Ummm... that's a problem most fans have... We don't see the characters we've grown to love in books anymore. Not to mention... new inhumans are being jammed down our throats instead...

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Immolation

@cattlebattle said:

Yeah, it could be done.

It was probably a lot easier in the 2000's, though. In the late 90's the X-Men were still very popular, despite having bad comics. They had the movies in the 2000's to borrow from and add hype to the comics. Today Marvel seems like they would rather ignore that the movies exist.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...and not forgive scott

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.