Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How many X-Books post NOW ???

Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Spawn92

I'm still wrapping my head around which mutant books are getting cancelled, renewed, created during the NOW! initiative. As far as I know, the series of books is going to look like this by february/march:

- Uncanny X-Men

- Wolverine and the X-Men

- All New X-Men (the main book from what Ive read)

- X-Men Legacy

- Astonishing X-Men

- Uncanny X-Force

- Cable and the X-Force

- X-Treme X-Men

- X-Men (still going?)

- Savage Wolverine

- Wolverine

- Gambit (mini?)

- Age of Apocalypse

- A + X

- Uncanny Avengers (kind of X-men related)

I know that New Mutants is getting cancelled, and that Deadpool has distanced itself from other mutant related books. Am I missing anything? is there a new series starting or a cancellation I am not aware of? any help with this would be appreciated!

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By tomchu

X-Men is getting cancelled at #45 I think.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#3  Edited By time1

@tomchu said:

I think Astonishing X-Men is as well.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Spawn92: Gambit is an ongoing

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@time said:

@tomchu said:

I think not to both statements. X-Men is ending at ish 41, was supposedly meant to receive the NOW! treatment but Marvel's Sales Director was telling a lie. Astonishing's not getting a cancellation either, if anything, it should receive permanent cancellation while shipping Cecilia and Karma to more character sustainable titles.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tomchu

@AgeofHurricane said:

@time said:

@tomchu said:

I think not to both statements. X-Men is ending at ish 41, was supposedly meant to receive the NOW! treatment but Marvel's Sales Director was telling lie. Astonishing's not getting a cancellation either, if anything, it should receive permanent cancellation while shipping Cecilia and Karma to more character sustainable titles.

So Marvel's downsizing their X-titles?

FINALLY.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TDK_1997

Some of them that you have pointed out are ongoings,not new series.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By poisonfleur

Can someone please list the titles and roosters of each?

Thank you.

Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spawn92

@AgeofHurricane said:

@time said:

@tomchu said:

I think not to both statements. X-Men is ending at ish 41, was supposedly meant to receive the NOW! treatment but Marvel's Sales Director was telling lie. Astonishing's not getting a cancellation either, if anything, it should receive permanent cancellation while shipping Cecilia and Karma to more character sustainable titles.

I think I read this somewhere too. Something along the lines of Chamber and a few others joining the team. Then again, I could've been reading about one of the other 85 XMen books.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Spawn92: Oh, that's still happening. But it was supposed to get the treatment after cancellation, if that's that two-parter arc is the duration for the treatment...then wow. lol.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

There are a lot more NOW than ever

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Lol amazing, I had wondered how many were out there now but this is ridiculous.

Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spawn92

@haydenclaireheroes said:

There are a lot more NOW than ever

Agreed, sometimes I just sit back and MARVEL at the sheer number of X-books.

@Omega Ray Jay said:

Lol amazing, I had wondered how many were out there now but this is ridiculous.

Also agree. However I think there are a few of these books that wont last long. I can only see Savage Wolverine going for a few months before the gimmick loses it's flare. I also can't see All New lasting that long. There can only be so many Cyclops, beasts, and icemen running around the Marvel U!

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By wmwadeii

I read their will be another Uncanny X-force launched in the Marvel Now along with Cable & X-Force. Two separate teams similar to how they do the Avengers books.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Sheesh, there's already too many X-Men books as it is! Sooner or later, Marvel will have to cancel some of these titles.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tomchu

I know its kinda soon but,

Should Marvel cancel X-Men Legacy? It seems to have received a lot of negative reception since its release, and being slightly bias here, I didn't like Gage's X-Men Legacy :\ Personally, Mike Carey worked it so much better.

I think X-Men Legacy's creative team needs a change. The book is so chaotic, art and story-wise.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lykopis

@tomchu said:

Should Marvel cancel X-Men Legacy? It seems to have received a lot of negative reception since its release, and being slightly bias here, I didn't like Gage's X-Men Legacy :\ Personally, Mike Carey worked it so much better.

I think X-Men Legacy's creative team needs a change. The book is so chaotic, art and story-wise.

I am of a different mindset but I do have to agree it's not getting a great response. I guess the jump to Legion as a focal character and a complete abandoning of Rogue and gang might have put off a few people. I am hoping people give it a chance who haven't tried yet, it's something new and outside of what's going on (somewhat) and can be something of a breath of fresh air for those who are frustrated with the direction of other books.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tomchu

@lykopis said:

@tomchu said:

I am of a different mindset but I do have to agree it's not getting a great response. I guess the jump to Legion as a focal character and a complete abandoning of Rogue and gang might have put off a few people. I am hoping people give it a chance who haven't tried yet, it's something new and outside of what's going on (somewhat) and can be something of a breath of fresh air for those who are frustrated with the direction of other books.

Fact is, Rogue fans were disappointed, yes, but what made me sad was that this book was kind of a letdown. Legion has so much potential, so much unexplored ground, and I wouldve thought Marvel NOW! would have let new writers reinvent old characters, especially Legion who has been bumming around every now and then with the same problems he's had since the 80s, while Rogue had significant character development. I'm going to watch Legacy from the background, and if Legion doesn't grow over time, then I'll be REALLY disapointed.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lykopis

@tomchu:

That is exactly my take on it as well! I am staying optimistic and hoping it will pick up in the next two issues. Legion really is amazing and pretty much fell from the scene. If anything, there should have been a better build up and gradual changing of the guard so to speak.

Rogue is my favourite character, so believe me when I say, I really hate they took her off Legacy. Thanks for responding to me.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tomchu

@lykopis said:

@tomchu:

That is exactly my take on it as well! I am staying optimistic and hoping it will pick up in the next two issues. Legion really is amazing and pretty much fell from the scene. If anything, there should have been a better build up and gradual changing of the guard so to speak.

Rogue is my favourite character, so believe me when I say, I really hate they took her off Legacy. Thanks for responding to me.

I'm looking at the first story arc (5/6 issues), and if its bad, I'll drop it until I hear some good raves about it, then maybe pick it up.

My favourite bit from Legacy was before Legacy, when Rogue was leading her own team. Why? Because she grew the hell up, used unconventional characters in her team, had Cannonball and Iceman, Chris Bachelo's art, and most importantly, she told Cyclops "Shut the hell up, I'm leading my own team", and that takes balls.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lykopis

@tomchu said:

@lykopis said:

@tomchu:

I'm looking at the first story arc (5/6 issues), and if its bad, I'll drop it until I hear some good raves about it, then maybe pick it up.

My favourite bit from Legacy was before Legacy, when Rogue was leading her own team. Why? Because she grew the hell up, used unconventional characters in her team, had Cannonball and Iceman, Chris Bachelo's art, and most importantly, she told Cyclops "Shut the hell up, I'm leading my own team", and that takes balls.

Yep -- exactly why I adored it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.