Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How is Jean and Scott's relationship in Marvel NOW?

Wondy_X_Supes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wondy_X_Supes

I haven't read the most recent X-Men comics, but Marvel NOW is kind of like a reboot, right? Have Jean and Scott gotten back together? Or if I'm way off, can someone explain as much as you can? Thank you!

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Jean and Scott were brought form the past to the present (IE the teenage versions of themselves) and at the moment that relationship sucks, shes with Beast and hes pissed about it. The Real present day scott is having no contact with her and the present day jean is still dead as a door nail.

Also it wasn't a reboot but a relaunch of all the titles. A bit different more of a jumping on point then actually changing anything

Wondy_X_Supes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohh, I see. And the comic they're in is just All-New X-Men right? Thanks so much!

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wondy_x_supes: marvel now isnt a reboot its a jumping on point. There are currently to jeans 1. that is the white phoenix of the crown whos in an alternate dimension and has nothing to do with anything anymore and the second jean is a 16 year old jean in all new xmen that was brought to the future with the rest of the original xmen by beast to try to get scott to come to his senses. the younger scott loves the younger jean but as of the most recent issue she loves the past beast. Main scott is sort of in a relationship with emma frost even tho its really rocky right now. And if you dont know whats going on lately heres a quick recap. first jean died back in like morrisons run around 10 years ago. then the scarlette witch reduced the mutant population from a few million to about 200 during house of m. then the first new mutant was born her name is hope and is believed to be the mutant messiah and to be able to start up the mutant population again. so they send her to the future to train with cable and she comes back when she is older and trained. then the xmen split into to factions during schism where cyclops leads a team on genosha with magneto to train the few remaining mutants so they can defend themselves and their people. wolverine and beast on the otherhand start up the new jean grey school to give the mutants a more normal life and try to act like nothing happened. Then in AvX the phoenix forces comes back and scott believes hope should embrace it and restart the mutant population. The avengers dont think thats how it will work so they try to stop it but end up breaking it into pieces and splitting it up among scott emma namor colossus and ilyana. eventually scott gets full control, oes crazy, and then hope takes over and restarts the mutant population after scott while possessed kills prof x. This is why beast brings the original team back to try to get scott to stop his cruesade.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: @wondy_x_supes: ummm i think old hank planned this all along. he just want to get his chance with jean grey and p!ss of old scott even more...lol

No Caption Provided

And its actually working out for hank :o

Wondy_X_Supes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, those are a lot of happenings! I hope they still end up together, I'll be sure to keep watch. ^_^

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wondy_x_supes: I also think jean knows about old scott and emma because lady mastermind showed her them(emma and scott) kissing and maybe jean is still angry to be with a guy who broke her heart right before she died?????

Plus i cant wait till jean gets stuck with teen scoot, wolverine and old scott in the same room = alot of Drama

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mcklayn said:

Jean and Scott were brought form the past to the present (IE the teenage versions of themselves) and at the moment that relationship sucks, shes with Beast and hes pissed about it. The Real present day scott is having no contact with her and the present day jean is still dead as a door nail.

Also it wasn't a reboot but a relaunch of all the titles. A bit different more of a jumping on point then actually changing anything

how is Scott pissed about it when he doesn't even know....they didn't interact with each other at all in this issue...they didn't talk to each other and they didn't even see each other...he was at the fair with Bobby when that whole thing went down

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teen Scott still loves her, Jean I'm pretty sure does as well. IMO Jeen is only acting out of confusion, grief, resentment or what not. After all she saw what will happen between her and Scott, and I'm darn sure it's not easy.

Ps. They're still young anyways, they should date other people. Teenclops x Iceboy new OTP. (?)

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mcklayn: @wondy_x_supes: ummm i think old hank planned this all along. he just want to get his chance with jean grey and p!ss of old scott even more...lol

No Caption Provided

I'm actually really happy with this route. I don't think it's Jean who'll die in BoTAM, I think it's either Scott, Hank or Bobby. More likely Scott, IMO.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd also like to point out that this is the same route that Chris Claremont went in X-men Forever so I guess it's not completely out of left field

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By HAWK2916

I'd also like to point out that this is the same route that Chris Claremont went in X-men Forever so I guess it's not completely out of left field

How was that series by the way?

Nightwing_1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is BoTAM??

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

battle of the atom. big crossover event starting soon. i think september 4th

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

No Caption Provided

I'm actually really happy with this route. I don't think it's Jean who'll die in BoTAM, I think it's either Scott, Hank or Bobby. More likely Scott, IMO.

Is one of the O5 really going to die????? Where did you hear this......

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.