Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Help me find this Hope Summers quote! please :)

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

"No, I can't walk on water or cure diseases, but I can do my best to help save the world. I am a solider and always will be until the day I die."

Just saw this quote labeled as hope summers (one my faves), but don't recall where this quote came from, seems like it was from second coming or AvX but it's been a while since reading either and don't remember the exact issue she says this in. I really love the quote and I'd love to know which issue it's in if anyone can point me in the right direction! thanks to anyone who can help

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump... well it's not second coming, just reread thru that...

anyone please!?! no big hope summers fans around?!

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

it honestly sounds like its more than one quote mashed together becuase the first part is from second coming. the middle and last parts thou......idk...... like i said maybe a mash up

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@chem86 said:

do those exist?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#5  Edited By Teerack

Do you know what series it was in? There were too many AvX books.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@chem86: Where did you find the quote?

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: No idea what series, but I know it wasn't second coming, I just reread it yesterday and no luck.

@squares: I saw it on twitter, on a (hopesummers) twitter account. So it could just be a mashed up/ made up quote I guess :(

Perhaps it is just a made up/mashed up quote, but I really hope not. It does sound a ton like something hope could have said. I just reread second coming, I'm about to read ever issues with hope since then, so eventually I'll find it or find it was just a mashed up/made up quote

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@chem86: try asking the twitter user that posted it?

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: No response from them yet, been like 3-4 days

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chem86

bump...

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@chem86 said:

do those exist?

hey mean.,....although i used to like hope now even im getting sick and tired of her, lol

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chem86:

I think its from Second Coming: Revelations :) or was it from hope's diary from generation hope the first book

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chem86

@hopesummersforthefuture: It's not in either of those actually sadly, I've reread both of those less than a week ago. I'm so determined to find it I'm currently reading through ever issue with hope in it start to finish, I'm at regenesis/generation hope and almost up to AvX and so far no luck with finding it :( . Thanks though

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chem86

Well, I've read every single issue hope appears in up to cable and x-force, and have not found the quote yet. Not either of the sentences has been as by her as up being upto cable and x-force. I've read cable and x-force already, and while I don't remember the quote being there, I don't remember enough to say it's not there. So I'm pretty bummed out that she never said this quote, and that it appears to made up. I have to be 100% sure though, so I will reread all of cable xforce. I really do hope I find it in cable and x-force, but I'm not feeling lucky about it. Sad Face :(

Edit update: Just finished reading ever issue "I believe" with hope in it, read them all very carefully. I'm totally bummed this quote is almost certainly fake or made up, while it does sound like something hope summers would say, she says neither parts of the quote anywhere in the actual comics. I hope that I some how missed an issue or two, and it's in there but I'm almost positive it's a made up quote...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.