Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Gambler's X-Men Thread

Cobalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Cobalt

I thought you meant telepaths period, but I see your point. I still think that was a poor representation of Exodus, I guess I fix all that when I get a writers job at Marvel. All I have to remember is to be untrue to the charaters, not listen to the fans, and bring all the d-league characters to the foreground. I should make editor in no time.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Cobalt says:

"I thought you meant telepaths period, but I see your point. I still think that was a poor representation of Exodus, I guess I fix all that when I get a writers job at Marvel. All I have to remember is to be untrue to the charaters, not listen to the fans, and bring all the d-league characters to the foreground. I should make editor in no time."

Hahaha, we can only wait and see. You'll get in there and get sucked into the game and not change a damn thing lol j/k

Cobalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Cobalt

Not me. I'll pull a Liefield, and start my own comic company. I loved the x-men ever since I first laid my eyes on one of their comic books. There was something about those old stories that got me even as a little kid. Now, it's like the stories have lost their heart.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I didn't start reading the X-Men until they re-launched in the 90's. I loved introduction of Omega Red.

Cobalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Cobalt

That's about when I started readind X-men. My older brother was into the X-men. The fist story I ever read was The Muir Island Saga. At first,I liked X-men, but X-Force was my book. I'm a Cannonball fan. Now, I dont know. All the stories(exsept X-Factor) seem like the writers weren't even reading the X-men before they started writing the damn books.
    Post Edited:2008-03-01 13:18:30

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Astonishing X-Men

=======

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By warlock360

wow props to john wayne

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Pania

Gambler says:

"The Enigma says:
    "no way is magneto a skrul: it wudn't work the x-men;s greatest enemy.do the x-men have anything to do with secret invasion? hope not."

I don't really think so either, but it wouldn't surprise me any. Everyone is suspect"

I'm actually for it. House of M tore Magneto down further than he ever had been since Anya's death/Magda abandonment. I find it highly implausible that the character just shook off being an utter failure at the two most important roles in his life (Mutant Leader and Father) and being indirectly responsible for what amounted to a mutant Genocide, and just went back to "business as usual". I'd like to keep the character off the table so that we can see in issue of him dealing with the emotional fall out of House of M/M-Day.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Pania says:

"Gambler says:
    "The Enigma says:
    "no way is magneto a skrul: it wudn't work the x-men;s greatest enemy.do the x-men have anything to do with secret invasion? hope not."

I don't really think so either, but it wouldn't surprise me any. Everyone is suspect"

I'm actually for it. House of M tore Magneto down further than he ever had been since Anya's death/Magda abandonment. I find it highly implausible that the character just shook off being an utter failure at the two most important roles in his life (Mutant Leader and Father) and being indirectly responsible for what amounted to a mutant Genocide, and just went back to "business as usual". I'd like to keep the character off the table so that we can see in issue of him dealing with the emotional fall out of House of M/M-Day."

I thought they did show him down and out after House of M? In Son of M, or Decimation M? Which ever series Quicksilver beat the holy hell out of him in.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Pania

Gambler says:

I thought they did show him down and out after House of M? In Son of M, or Decimation M? Which ever series Quicksilver beat the holy hell out of him in."

Not really. He showed up, told the Genoshan mutants that Pietro's "repowerings" were dangerous and Pietro beat the crap out of him. It didn't really deal with Magneto's reaction to House of M at all. The closest we got were a couple panels on New Avengers #20, before the Collective showed up and it really wasn't processing, it was just "Life sucks and it's my kid's fault." He might have gone on to start dealing with it, processing it, but he was interrupted.

So there really hasn't been any kind of examination to his reaction to House of M and like I said, I have a hard time believing he walked out of hitting rock bottom like that unchanged.

Post Edited:2008-03-01 15:19:49

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Pania says:

"Gambler says:
    I thought they did show him down and out after House of M? In Son of M, or Decimation M? Which ever series Quicksilver beat the holy hell out of him in."

Not really. He showed up, told the Genoshan mutants that Pietro's "repowerings" were dangerous and Pietro beat the crap out of him. It didn't really deal with Magneto's reaction to House of M at all. The closest we got were a couple panels on New Avengers #20, before the Collective showed up and it really wasn't processing, it was just "Life sucks and it's my kid's fault." He might have gone on to start, dealing with it processing it, but he was interrupted.

So there really hasn't been any kind of reaction to House of M from him and like I said, I have a hard time believing he walked out of hitting rock bottom like that unchanged.

"

I see. Yeah ya never know. I was thinking thee exact same thing about Kitty Pride supposedly being killed in Astonishing. It takes place before Messiah Complex, yet no one mentions her at all? You'd think someone at some point would have said something, shown some sort of reaction to it.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Pania

Gambler says:

I see. Yeah ya never know. I was thinking thee exact same thing about Kitty Pride supposedly being killed in Astonishing. It takes place before Messiah Complex, yet no one mentions her at all? You'd think someone at some point would have said something, shown some sort of reaction to it."

Well, she hasn't been killed yet and she was shown in the X-Men issue right before Messiah CompleX started, talking with Colossus.

Leading fan theory is that Lockheed will be the one not returning to earth.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Pania says:

"Gambler says:
    I see. Yeah ya never know. I was thinking thee exact same thing about Kitty Pride supposedly being killed in Astonishing. It takes place before Messiah Complex, yet no one mentions her at all? You'd think someone at some point would have said something, shown some sort of reaction to it."

Well, she hasn't been killed yet and she was shown in the X-Men issue right before Messiah CompleX started, talking with Colossus.

Leading fan theory is that Lockheed will be the one not returning to earth.

"

This is true, although I think Lockhead not returning is somewhat of a cop out.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Pania

Gambler says:

This is true, although I think Lockhead not returning is somewhat of a cop out."

Well, everybody has made such loud assumptions "Whedon always kills someone" Whedon never let a happy couple survive" etc. Pretty much since he came on the book the fanbase has been wondering "Who's going to die". It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he decided to let all the character live, just to screw with us.

Post Edited:2008-03-01 20:31:36

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Pania says:

"Gambler says:
    This is true, although I think Lockhead not returning is somewhat of a cop out."

Well, everybody has made such loud assumptions "Whedon always kills someone" Whedon never let a happy couple survive" etc. Pretty much since he came on the book the fanbase has been wondering "Who's going to die". It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he decided to let all the character live, just to screw with us.

Post Edited:2008-03-01 20:31:36"

Theres alot of that lately. I like to be held in suspense, I'm not all about being tricked.

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By The Enigma

which x-men do you think are skrulls?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The Enigma says:

"which x-men do you think are skrulls?"

I don't know. I've heard there is only one Skrull per team. Does that mean there's a Skrull for Uncanny and Astonishing? Or one for all the X-Teams? Really though I think,

Darwin

Nightcrawler

Xavier

are Skrulls

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By The Enigma

Gambler says:

"The Enigma says:
    "which x-men do you think are skrulls? "
    I don't know. I've heard there is only one Skrull per team. Does that mean there's a Skrull for Uncanny and Astonishing? Or one for all the X-Teams? Really though I think, Darwin Nightcrawler Xavier are Skrulls"

y.

having read uncanny #478 i would say that darwin and xavier may be skrulls but not xavier.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By fesak  Moderator

The Enigma says:

"Gambler says:
    "The Enigma says:
    I don't know. I've heard there is only one Skrull per team. Does that mean there's a Skrull for Uncanny and Astonishing? Or one for all the X-Teams? Really though I think, Darwin Nightcrawler Xavier are Skrulls"

y.

having read uncanny #478 i would say that darwin and xavier may be skrulls but not xavier."

Logic?

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By The Enigma

fesak says:

"The Enigma says:
    "Gambler says:
    "The Enigma says:
    y. having read uncanny #478 i would say that darwin and xavier may be skrulls but not xavier."
    Logic?"

huh?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71  Edited By fesak  Moderator

The Enigma says:

"fesak says:
    "The Enigma says:
    "Gambler says:
    "The Enigma says:
    y. having read uncanny #478 i would say that darwin and xavier may be skrulls but not xavier."
    Logic?"

huh?"

xavier may be skrulls but not xavier.

That way they'll never catch him.
    Post Edited:2008-03-03 14:02:41

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By danhimself

i think i heard somewhere that the x-men aren't going to be playing that big of a role in secret invasion so maybe none of them are

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By The Enigma

danhimself says:

"i think i heard somewhere that the x-men aren't going to be playing that big of a role in secret invasion so maybe none of them are"

i like you danhimself. i agree especially in the time since messiah.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By danhimself

The Enigma says:

"danhimself says:
    "i think i heard somewhere that the x-men aren't going to be playing that big of a role in secret invasion so maybe none of them are"
    i like you danhimself. i agree especially in the time since messiah."

thanks enigma... i just don't think that the skrulls would see mutants as any threat since m-day...i really think that skrulls are only going to be going after people that pose a threat or have something they need and what do the x-men have that they could need

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By The Enigma

danhimself says:

"The Enigma says:
    "danhimself says:
    i like you danhimself. i agree especially in the time since messiah."
    thanks enigma... i just don't think that the skrulls would see mutants as any threat since m-day...i really think that skrulls are only going to be going after people that pose a threat or have something they need and what do the x-men have that they could need"

very trueand with the x-men disbanded atm i doubt that they will have anything to do with it.

my theory is that the disbandment of the x-men wud throw the skrulls of balance (marvels reason for not wanting to do an x-men tie-in and keeping the very few remianing mutants left). as well as not making them a threat.

also many powerful x-men and mutants are either critically wounded (hellion elixir) or in space (marvel girl).

it woudl ruin recent evens if any x-men were skrulls. i hope they are not but if the x-men were together then they would be a great threat.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The X-Men aren't disbanded. Thats a lie Cyclops told Iron Man.

Supposedly there's at least one Skrull for ever team. This includes the X-Men.

iwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By iwan

To save starting a new topic, anyone know if this week's Logan series is current / set in the past / different universe?

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, I haven't read anything cause I don't want any upcoming spoilers.

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By The Enigma

Gambler says:

"The X-Men **aren't** disbanded. Thats a lie Cyclops told Iron Man. Supposedly there's at least **one** Skrull for ever team. This includes the X-Men."

yeh soz i know that its only until Uncanny #500 but which x-man or x-woman is it?

I thort that it was for the major teams.... techinically the x-men are not a team atm so... they pose no threat to the skrulls.

and i doubt any x-men are skrulls as there are no tie-ins (save x-factor). darwin may be one as this would explain his inability to control his power with the hulk battles ad night crawler may have taken in the wrong "darwin".

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By The Enigma

Gambler says:

"The X-Men **aren't** disbanded. Thats a lie Cyclops told Iron Man. Supposedly there's at least **one** Skrull for ever team. This includes the X-Men."

yeh soz i know that its only until Uncanny #500 but which x-man or x-woman is it?

I thort that it was for the major teams.... techinically the x-men are not a team atm so... they pose no threat to the skrulls.

and i doubt any x-men are skrulls as there are no tie-ins (save x-factor). darwin may be one as this would explain his inability to control his power with the hulk battles ad night crawler may have taken in the wrong "darwin".

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By danhimself

Gambler says:

i just cant think of any x-man worth the skrulls time
    The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By The Enigma

danhimself says:

"Gambler says:
    i just cant think of any x-man worth the skrulls time"

agreed mayeb cyclops but that wud be absurd. i still doubt any x-men as being skrulls.

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Chameleone

Finally an X-Men thread. Thanks G

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By The_Ghostshell

danhimself says:

"Gambler says:

Emma Frost

Cyclops

Iceman

Warpath

Polaris

Storm

Wolverine

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By danhimself

LexiCat says:

"Gambler says:
    "danhimself says:
    "Gambler says:
    Emma Frost Cyclops Iceman Warpath Polaris Storm Wolverine"
    Good list, Gambler.. I would agree with most everyone of these. Especially Emma Frost... she's got influence over not only Scott, but most of the others as well. Not to mention the next generation of kids.."

but you got to look at the overall picture...there's what less then 200 mutants on earth...do the skrulls see them as any kind of threat or what kind of leverage would having one of the x-men give them

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By LexiCat

Gambler says:

"danhimself says:
    "Gambler says:

Good list, Gambler.. I would agree with most everyone of these. Especially Emma Frost... she's got influence over not only Scott, but most of the others as well. Not to mention the next generation of kids..

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By The Enigma

danhimself says:

"LexiCat says:
    "Gambler says:
    "danhimself says:
    "Gambler says:
    Good list, Gambler.. I would agree with most everyone of these. Especially Emma Frost... she's got influence over not only Scott, but most of the others as well. Not to mention the next generation of kids.."
    but you got to look at the overall picture...there's what less then 200 mutants on earth...do the skrulls see them as any kind of threat or what kind of leverage would having one of the x-men give them"

true and shes too hot to be a skrull.

i doubt that any x-men are skrulls

as danhimself sed they are not big enough a threat.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Thats just ridiculous. First off the Skrull have a vendetta against the Illuminati, which it so happens Xavier was a part of. The X-Men are Xaviers dream, his baby. It makes perfect sense they would use them to crush not only his hopes but his spirit. (that is if he isn't a Skrull himself)

The X-Men aren't that big of a threat? Sorry to sound like a dick but thats absurd.

Edit:

Elektra was a Skrull. How is she a major threat and the X-Men aren't? Think that one over.
    Post Edited:2008-03-03 15:31:54

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By The Enigma

Gambler says:

"Thats just ridiculous. First off the Skrull have a vendetta against the Illuminati, which it so happens Xavier was a part of. The X-Men are Xaviers dream, his baby. It makes perfect sense they would use them to crush not only his hopes but his spirit. (that is if he isn't a Skrull himself) The X-Men aren't that big of a threat? Sorry to sound like a dick but thats absurd. **Edit:** Elektra was a Skrull. How is she a major threat and the X-Men aren't? Think that one over.
    Post Edited:2008-03-03 15:31:54"

ur right but they are only strong as a unit together they are weak however and are too burdened by their own problems....

also the fact that they are not in formal teams and in a race facing extinction........

cyclops is not a skrull as he let the baby live when he coudl have decided to kill it......

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By LexiCat

The X-Men have ties to just about every "hero" in the Marvel Universe.. They've all had cross-over storylines and such.. And Wolverine, himself, has been paired up with about everyone. To gain inside influence on the X-Men would be beneficial in alot of ways.. Not just "leverage" as was gained with Electra controlling The Hand.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By danhimself

Gambler says:

"danhimself says:
    "Gambler says:
    "Thats just ridiculous. First off the Skrull have a vendetta against the Illuminati, which it so happens Xavier was a part of. The X-Men are Xaviers dream, his baby. It makes perfect sense they would use them to crush not only his hopes but his spirit. (that is if he isn't a Skrull himself) The X-Men aren't that big of a threat? Sorry to sound like a dick but thats absurd. **Edit:** Elektra was a Skrull. How is she a major threat and the X-Men aren't? Think that one over.
    elektra wasn't a threat...she was leverage she controlled the hand"
    And the Hand is a bigger threat then the X-Men how exactly?"

so having tons of throw away soldiers at your command isn't leverage? yeah you're right no one would want that

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By danhimself

Gambler says:

elektra wasn't a threat...she was leverage she controlled the hand

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I never said Cyclops was a Skrull. And they may not be a quote un-quote unit now, but the Skrull invasion has be years in the making. It didn't just happen. They've been replacing heroes for several years (according to the plot) so the X-Men being split up means nothing.

Each of the X-characters I listed are as strong on there own, as they are in the team.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By The_Ghostshell

danhimself says:

"Gambler says:

And the Hand is a bigger threat then the X-Men how exactly?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By The_Ghostshell

LexiCat says:

"The X-Men have ties to just about every "hero" in the Marvel Universe.. They've all had cross-over storylines and such.. And Wolverine, himself, has been paired up with about everyone. To gain inside influence on the X-Men would be beneficial in alot of ways.. Not just "leverage" as was gained with Electra controlling The Hand."

What she said

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By danhimself

Gambler says:

"danhimself says:
    "Gambler says:
    "danhimself says:
    "Gambler says:
    so having tons of throw away soldiers at your command isn't leverage? yeah you're right no one would want that"
    That in no way answers my question. In fact it strengthens my position. The Skrull doesnt want nor is worried about a team that (as Lexi already stated) has ties to **nearly every hero** in the Marvel U. A team that has a machine that can track down not only mutant signatures, but normal humans as well. A team that is the dream of one of there most hated enemies (Xavier) no no your right. A bunch of throw away characters that could be wiped out by **ONE** X-Men is much more valuable. What was I thinking."

cyclops has pretty much made it a point to cut all ties to the rest of the marvel universe though..they really don't have that many friends outside of the x-grouping right now...so i guess it would be pretty easy to take them out right now

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By The_Ghostshell

danhimself says:

"Gambler says:
    "danhimself says:
    "Gambler says:

so having tons of throw away soldiers at your command isn't leverage? yeah you're right no one would want that"

That in no way answers my question. In fact it strengthens my position. The Skrull doesnt want nor is worried about a team that (as Lexi already stated) has ties to nearly every hero in the Marvel U. A team that has a machine that can track down not only mutant signatures, but normal humans as well. A team that is the dream of one of there most hated enemies (Xavier) no no your right. A bunch of throw away characters that could be wiped out by ONE X-Men is much more valuable. What was I thinking.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By danhimself

and plus the hands mind control ability that's something i think they'd want

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By danhimself

Gambler says:

"danhimself says:
    "and plus the hands mind control ability that's something i think they'd want"
    Emma Frost > Hand mind control Are you guys even trying? I already stated that this invasion didn't just happen during the aftermath of Messiah Complex. Why do you keep ignoring this? They could have infiltrated the X-Men years ago, since (and this is the last time I repeat it) the Skrull having been infiltrating various corners of the Marvel U for several years now. You guys should really go over and **read** the posts in G-Man's Skrull thread. I think it may enlighten you to what exactly is going on, and for how long."

yeah i understand that this has been going on for awhile now...but they've already said that the x-men arent going to be playing any large role in si that they'll have a one shot issue tie in but that's it so i would guess by that, that there may be an x-man outed as skrull but i don't think it'll be a major character

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By The_Ghostshell

danhimself says:

Emma Frost > Hand mind control

Are you guys even trying? I already stated that this invasion didn't just happen during the aftermath of Messiah Complex. Why do you keep ignoring this? They could have infiltrated the X-Men years ago, since (and this is the last time I repeat it) the Skrull having been infiltrating various corners of the Marvel U for several years now.

You guys should really go over and read the posts in G-Man's Skrull thread. I think it may enlighten you to what exactly is going on, and for how long.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By The_Ghostshell

danhimself says:

"Gambler says:
    "danhimself says:
    Emma Frost > Hand mind control Are you guys even trying? I already stated that this invasion didn't just happen during the aftermath of Messiah Complex. Why do you keep ignoring this? They could have infiltrated the X-Men years ago, since (and this is the last time I repeat it) the Skrull having been infiltrating various corners of the Marvel U for several years now. You guys should really go over and **read** the posts in G-Man's Skrull thread. I think it may enlighten you to what exactly is going on, and for how long."

yeah i understand that this has been going on for awhile now...but they've already said that the x-men arent going to be playing any large role in si that they'll have a one shot issue tie in but that's it so i would guess by that, that there may be an x-man outed as skrull but i don't think it'll be a major character"

Maybe not as a collective unit, that doesn't mean if Wolverine turns out to be a Skrull that he wont play a bigger role. And you just got done saying that you cant think of any X-Men worth the Skrulls time, only to turn around and say that if there is, it will be a minor character. That doesn't really make alot of sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.