Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Fish-Kid, defender of downtrodden critters everywhere.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

X-Men Unlimited #44

The X-Men discover some local kids who are torturing animals for fun. Wolverine and Jean teach them(and Juggernaut) a lesson. Fish-Kid drops some truth bombs.

This issue is ridiculous. I love it. I take back everything bad I said about Chuck Austen.

Huir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I read that issue before.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh... Fishkid, one of Austens numerous abominations, at least he was a little likable, unlike nurse annie and her son, urgh

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Invain

I never read X-Men Unlimited after it went monthly. It just seemed like a cash grab book when it only every 3 months. Some of the stories were good, but with it having 40 pages, a big chunk of it would always feel like filler.

I didn't read this...

I take back everything bad I said about Chuck Austen.

Loading Video...

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#5 wildvine  Moderator

@sprior93: Your post has been edited. We can't promote ReadComicsOnline here because the piracy rule.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By adamTRMM

Wait a second, is that a squirrel these f@cktards were trying to butcher? Bwahahaha, where the hell is Squirrel Girl when you finally need her? I mean, damn, she could've devoured these pricks on panel and no one would accuse her as this character happens to be criticism (and basically every -ism) free no matter what she does. Hell, I could actually grow a sentiment towards her if that was done right, just think about a dark and gritty turn for SG where she has to avenge defenseless and totemic to her creatures even from such an a unconventional foe with extreme prejudice. Delicious.

Kid Fish was indeed an attempt to be a character, with a writer more subtle than Austen such a character can be very tragic and touching, admittedly at times he even was, it's just the overall cringeworthy writing that never let him become the symbol of what he was supposed to be.

Now on a more serious note, what this ridiculously written comic touches upon isn't ridiculous at all actually. Environmentalism, speciesism, classicism, a deepest gesture at the core of human nature, that's the X-comic done right. I think this is the mutant metaphor done right, this is the right drive to have, because quite frankly, overpowered models with a couple of adorable freaks happen to make an extremely forced metaphor for the oppressed and persecuted. It can be, because human nature won't let anyone replace them at the top of the food chain, with this angle, yes.

Regardless, obviously Austen lost the title of being the worst X-writer at this point. After everything we've seen, that badnwagon should be officially dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.