Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Extrodinary, Magik, and Scott

Alias99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What the heck?!?

I do realize that Marvel is never one for continuity, but we have had YEARS of Magik following around Scott on his militant mutant revolution (which in 600 turned out just to be a big love fest anyway), and she only got mad at Scott because he "softened" on his stance and walked away, and now in extraordinary we have her in multiple places saying "we all have to show them we're not like scott," "we're not murderers like scott ..."

*argh!!!!!*

I know Uncanny was not everybody's favorite thing, but she was a SUPER LOYAL FOLLOWER of his. She was locked up too, she was part of the Phoenix 5 that everybody hated, blah blah blah. She was just as militant and now she's all softie like it never happened?

Rant over. Thanks for hearing me out LOL

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle  Online

Continuity and story these days at Marvel are non existent. Money is everything.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Koays  Online

Lol for all we know Scott, Vulcan and Havok blew up the Kree empire and sicked Galactus on the planet of kittens and puppies....

It's been 1 issue. We have no background yet....be patient before you rage.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4  Edited By McKlayn

@koays said:

Lol for all we know Scott, Vulcan and Havok blew up the Kree empire and sicked Galactus on the planet of kittens and puppies....

I like it! Maybe even add Adam X make them the new Fantastic four!! Wait no no, Adam X, Scott, Vulcan, Havok, Polaris, Emma, The Cuckoos, Ruby Summers, Cable, Hope, X-man and Rachel! All in one book, the summers Revolution shall begin! (oh maybe corsair too just for giggles)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Koays  Online

@mcklayn said:
    @koays said:

I like it! Maybe even add Adam X make them the new Fantastic four!! Wait no no, Adam X, Scott, Vulcan, Havok, Polaris, Emma, The Cuckoos, Ruby Summers, Cable, Hope, X-man and Rachel! All in one book, the summers Revolution shall begin! (oh maybe corsair too just for giggles)

Lol what even is the goal for that team? Or is this just your final solution in the Summers gene spreading experiment?

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alias99: Their could be a reason magik cant follow scott, we have no idea what position Scott or Emma are in since they are both missing from titles. We will have to wait to learn what is happening, i agree i'm sad to see magik leave scott side. I hope theirs a good reason.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

What do you expect. Its the same old rehashed premise and instead of having actual villains they insist of making Cyclops bad and keeping up the infighting. Its such b.s. The Xmen will accept anyone especially Storm wgo was recently ok with being on the team Bishop and even though she was against Xforce was quick to run to Wolverine and hop in bed, yet a Phoenix possessed Cyclops is unforgivable. Really there is no such thing as continuity and the sad thing is most fans seem OK with it for the sake of a good story, which by the way is funny as hell but we never seem to get any good stories.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did she really said Scott has become soft?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

We have no idea what Scott did or didn't do.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@alias99 said:

What the heck?!?

I do realize that Marvel is never one for continuity, but we have had YEARS of Magik following around Scott on his militant mutant revolution (which in 600 turned out just to be a big love fest anyway), and she only got mad at Scott because he "softened" on his stance and walked away, and now in extraordinary we have her in multiple places saying "we all have to show them we're not like scott," "we're not murderers like scott ..."

*argh!!!!!*

I know Uncanny was not everybody's favorite thing, but she was a SUPER LOYAL FOLLOWER of his. She was locked up too, she was part of the Phoenix 5 that everybody hated, blah blah blah. She was just as militant and now she's all softie like it never happened?

Rant over. Thanks for hearing me out LOL

I'm with you on this; the relationship Magik had with Cyclops was totally singular and one of the more interesting and organic developments for either character in recent years. It was actually rare to see two characters have such a deep understanding of each other (without it becoming romantic) that it was genuinely refreshing.

That said, we still don't know all the details of what happened, and with Magik we never really know the whole story, so I'm willing to wait and see for now.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: pretty much exactly how I'm approaching it some part of me hoping she is secretly working with him still

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im banking on Scott being innocent of whatever he is accused of, or at least it being an X-Force like situation where there was more to it than in generally know.

I have a hard time picturing the guy who ended his Revolution on what amount to MLK's march on Washington pulled a complete 180 like that. Basically dumps on all the journey he has been on since AvX. But then again...its Marvel.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Outside_85

But will the Watcher show up at the bedside and register his disgust at Scott? Or will that be Bucky using a gun? :)

Autopsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Scott was right, I'm tired of him being blamed for trying to change things...

SamantaGothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its just a very bad writing, the characters seems one dimensional and blaming Scott for all world problems. Sometimes i wish Scott really become evil and kick their butt.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its just a very bad writing, the characters seems one dimensional and blaming Scott for all world problems. Sometimes i wish Scott really become evil and kick their butt.

I think calling it bad writing is a bit of a jump at this point after just one issue (i may eat these words later I defended bendis first issue or two as well :'( ) but it really didnt fit into things that had already been established

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.